It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

has any one seen..Demon's?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   
it is important not to let your past rule your life however to better know yourself you have to understand your past

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I think there's a very good comment from Keifer Sutherland in 'Young Guns' as he's wooing a young oriental girl.
They're deliberating about their pasts and Mr. Sutherland say's "the past is like an old yellow paperback novel, after you've finished with it, you toss it out"

The past is the past... Onward.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
agreed the past is past but it is that past that defines you

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonbeam13

I agree with the defining, however there are people who have terrible pasts and sometimes, it just easier to forget it and move on.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by IronMan

I agree with the defining, however there are people who have terrible pasts and sometimes, it just easier to forget it and move on.

very true some have bad pasts but others it is always better to reamber your past to not make the same mistakes as you did once as in past lifes

i think it whoudl always be good to reamber them if you did your knowlage and wisdom whoudl double and increase a lot you whoudl knwo so much and be able to do so much more

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
with philosophy on the past. I think you've got it Vash, learn from your mistakes and as Ironman says, move on. The present is who you are.

Vash, have you questioned the demons?

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Er.. Saint4God, would that be the correct thing to do?

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Er.. Saint4God, would that be the correct thing to do?

Sure. If you'd like specifics and wanna go for the gullet, might I suggest what 1 John 4 says:

"Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world."

*taps the microphone* "Hey demons, how you feelin' tonight? Oh, not so good? Well I'd expect not. 'Good' isn't something you really feel is it? It's Quizz Time for ya! Question 1: Are you from God? *waits for answer* Okay okay, that was an easy one. Now for a hard one. Question 2: Do you acknowledge that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh?"

I'd be interested in hearing any follow-up. Prayers are going out to you Vash, we want to make sure you're not snared into pain and turmoil.

Pray, train, study.
God bless.

[edit on 7-4-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Ditto on the prayers for Vash.

But wouldn't these 'things' lie? wouldn't they tell half-truths and maybe leave one with doubts and troubles?
It's all a little complicated for me, but I think I'd tend to just hope and pray that my goodness and kindness would shadow the more sinister things in this world.
(This is great!)

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Ditto on the prayers for Vash.

But wouldn't these 'things' lie?

Certainly, but according to the Book, they're not able to lie on that second question. I don't know why, that's a matter of trust and faith in the Word.

wouldn't they tell half-truths and maybe leave one with doubts and troubles?

Maybe, but it's better than trusting that they're right all the time.

It's all a little complicated for me, but I think I'd tend to just hope and pray that my goodness and kindness would shadow the more sinister things in this world.
(This is great!)

Sound advice indeed!

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Well, I'll just keep on this shaky straight and narrow!
I personally, have never seen any strange things, my mother
was a lapsed spiritualist and her faith was unswerving.
Every evening, she used to call out in her sleep that she was
dying and that she could see 'them' waiting to guide to the next
place.

I was there with her when she passed away and though I wished
there was some way that I would know she wasn't alone in her last
seconds, she seem to slip away and a small smile was on her lips.

Hmm... I suppose it's a good thing to know that a better world awaits.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The most definitive time I have seen a demon was in the face of my husband. I never told him. I may now that a few years have passed and he is a different person than then. It was a very unpleasant experience. It was just a flash, like a revelation of a mask to see what was underneath.

And no, he didn't talk in foreign languages or puke pea soup. He certainly was making some very bad decisions at the time though. Sometimes I think when you are empty of God, that which isn't OF God has a way of weaseling in

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 04:42 AM
link   
llpoolej,

Right you are! Many people have demonic ...ah ....flashes? A moment where a demon can enter them for a bit. This is why bad habits cause possession, the flashes get longer and more often, and stronger. Your prayers to God will do more good than you can imagine, also ask God to forgive you of all of your sins.

Something that can be very helpful is to try to get the other person to confess their sins to you. One way, when the time is right, confess some of your sins to them, but in no way expect them to do this also, just pray quietly to yourself and some times they will. Never judge them, this way they will open up more and more to you, and your relationship will grow deep and pure with them. Do this often it is like house cleaning of the heart.
You can say simple things like I’m sorry I get so upset sometimes, or forgive me for thinking more of myself than you. Do not worry about power, that will kill everything. The devil hates marriage and always tries to destroy it, by games and fighting.

If you knew all of this, I’m sorry...I'm stupid...

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   
honestly I dont think it a ggod idea to comunicate in speach with them, it invites for unpleasent things to occur.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   

honestly I dont think it a ggod idea to comunicate in speach with them, it invites for unpleasent things to occur.

I can see that possibility. It doesn't sound like Vash is willing to have them sent away because of some assumptions of 'good' about them, so I'm trying to figure out a way Vash can discover intent (like 1 John 4) that will satisfy those curiosities. When truth is brought to the surface, making a decision becomes a lot easier. I believe letting the hours and days tick by without discovering it can be the most harmful scenario at this point.

[edit on 8-4-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Balaams donkey
Right you are! Many people have demonic ...ah ....flashes? A moment where a demon can enter them for a bit. This is why bad habits cause possession, the flashes get longer and more often, and stronger. Your prayers to God will do more good than you can imagine, also ask God to forgive you of all of your sins.

Something that can be very helpful is to try to get the other person to confess their sins to you. One way, when the time is right, confess some of your sins to them, but in no way expect them to do this also, just pray quietly to yourself and some times they will. Never judge them, this way they will open up more and more to you, and your relationship will grow deep and pure with them. Do this often it is like house cleaning of the heart.
You can say simple things like I’m sorry I get so upset sometimes, or forgive me for thinking more of myself than you. Do not worry about power, that will kill everything. The devil hates marriage and always tries to destroy it, by games and fighting.

This reminds me of a thread! The Dark Secret Conspiracy...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh! I almost forgot to do this!

You have voted Balaams donkey for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

I think deep down people already knew it, but our selfishness and pride cover it up so we can't see it. Very powerful message I think.

[edit on 8-4-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
nine pages in - i figure i will join the discussion.

the expected arguments have already run their course im sure. i hope we've come to the conclusion that 'should' demons actually exist - they straddle the line between real and imaginary. thus, were still reaching for proof. lol.

i think this is the biggest proof we have - the fact that were left with nothing tangible, the whole while rationalizing the quirky texture of 'demons' to 'mental-illnesses' or vise-versa; (mental-ilness to demonic encounters)

something toying with your thoughts there?

maybe its hollywood, but i think there is a subconcious deep rooted sympathy for those who've been 'possesed' - they're victimized like, "oh poor soul" -well yeah it sucks to be them, but to repeat those before me: demons are only GIVEN access. they cannot take it. curiosity killed the cat. this very post could plant the seed in some 11 year olds head that later will lead to some late-nite ouiji board expirements.

thoughts:
if you're completely closed in your own mind as to the 'reality' of demons, they will only present themselves in such a manner so as to keep you rooted in that belief, thus they will confront you in that corner of your mind you're least expecting - to which you rationalize and brush them off as whatever...... until the next meeting or the next, where - if allowed - they will weave a trail of thought that should you follow - eventually leads only to your own pain.

on the other hand - if you do not doubt their authenticity and have a very literal picture of a chupacabra/whatever in your mind - they may choose to tweak that nerve accordingly - but to achieve the same goal: YOUR SUFFERING.

speaking entirely from personal experience i must say that i cannot control 100 % of my thoughts. i can control thoughts at the forefront of my mind - but my subconcious mind has too often been *ALLOWED* to trail into unchartered territories. lacking the absolute control of my own thoughts can be scary enough but even scarier is when after 'trailing into unchartered territories' enough times my subconcious develops instinctive reactions to that "Trail" -- we usually call such instincts 'ticks' or 'habits' but we forget to realize that if we allow our subconcious to trail to the point of developing learned instincts and habits - we are not only lacking control of out thoughts, but also our ACTIONS.

friends, this sounds a lot like possession.

you're saying, "oh thats different! - possesion involves inverted pentagrams, candles and a seance."

really? - is it that different? or did the same sinister intellect use an unexpected trick to getcha? candles can be used if thats what get the job done, but for others there is always some extended thought-conditioning...

you dont have to call them by the same name, but i can attest to having my own 'demons' of a sort. at the very least i have reserved a large gap in my belief structure for all the potential "forces" in the universe im still debating.

"DEMONS DO NOT EXIST" MIGHT be a correct statement

"DEMONS DO EXIST" MIGHT be a correct statement

but

"DEMONS CANNOT EXIST" is NOT a correct statement seeing as our humanly 5 senses are certainly not the athourity on whats possible.

im sure this is a mere rehash of most everyones own ideas - just had to throw down.

[edit on 8-4-2005 by lost]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
lost,

Bravo! clap clap clap, well said, more! more!

You have now given me a basis to show step two. You noticed the ability to control your fore mind, but not the subconscious. The Early Church Fathers, call the subconscious the nous.

1 Corinthians 14:19 Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.

The word understanding is translated nous. The Father say that the nous is the energy between the heart or soul and the mind. You could say you have a heart or soul, a spirit or nous, and a mind or brain.

Modernist, gave the name subconscious, which has led to all kinds of misunderstandings. I will say with the Greek word nous. Now notice St. Paul say five words, not One or 10, or two, but five. Why? The Jesus Prayer in Greek is five words, Lord Jesus Christ mercy me. In English we say Lord Jesus Christ have mercy on me, seven. Greek uses the word eleeson, which means "have mercy". The teach that what ever you feed your mind, that it will give this to your nous and your nous will give it to your heart, good or evil. Your mind is the gate keeper. So if you want to be a good person then feed your nous good things. Like the Jesus Prayer, by saying this prayer when you can your nous will learn it and start to say it, on its own, just like when you get some dumb song stuck in your head. Well it is really stuck in your nous. Once in your nous it will go your heart, and you will be say the prayer of the heart, which is the deepest form of prayer.
Notice St. Paul say by my voice, meaning his nous he might teach others also, meaning when we are prayerful those around us become healed.

Luke 18:1 And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;

1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

Colossians 1:9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

When you learn the prayer of the heart, after some time and effort, you can pray unceasingly, it can take a year or so of hard work, then it says. But, the cares of this world hinder us, so we do what we can.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Hi again,
Er, I'm not one to push my views on others, but I think if you feel that you're being pressed by demons, then ignore them.
I think that being not only human, but YOU, should be the valiant course.
If these terrible things 'wrap' around you further, then let's knuckle down and
maybe we can help each other.

Remember, we're the guys they're after.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Demons and/or negative spirits are very real I feel. Like Balaam's Donkey was saying bad habits/addictions get worse i you keep ignoring them and before you know it become stronger and stronger the more you ignore them. It happened to me and I did not even know it, I became "blind" to what was going on and without knowing I was disconnecting myself from God through my sin/addiction.
It "blinded" me for about a year and a half and turned me into "another person" with my thoughts and some of my actions. Without getting into details, I snapped out of it all about 6 months ago, but I feel I sinned and may have influnced others to sin/move away from God without knowing it, as I was featured on a documentary on a major TV channel where they talked about my views and something I had created and made it all look "really hip/cool" like so much of the sinful trash the media is feeding people in this day and age.
I look back on it all now and can't believe I turned into the person I did and moved so far away from God. I did not do anything illegal but what I was doing and thinking was definately sinful in God's view but it was like I was "blinded". It feels as if "something or somethings" - demons, negative spirits - got into me and fooled me and used my repeated sinning to blind me.
After I "realized" some things I then felt horrible like I was in some kind of hell. I only hope God forgives me for going on TV and possibly influncing other people who watched the show to live like I was - which does pull you away from God. I feel awful about it all, like you would not believe. I am trying to move on, but sometimes it's hard not knowing if you are forgiven.
I feel so bad for living the way I did and going on TV about it. ('
')
Do what you know is right and be good/helpful/loving to others and do not mess around with things you may think are demons/negative spirits. Trust in God only and try to always do what you know to be right in your heart...

[edit on 8-4-2005 by GREGNOW]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join