It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California biopharmaceutical company claims coronavirus antibody breakthrough

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

Does anyone know how you manufacture antibodies?

Yeah, has been done for some rare specific diseases where antibody production is a problem. it is expensive, complex and specific for a single disease. It is mentioned in a series of lectures by the University of California Television, Playlist. Will take a bit to find the specific part where it is discussed. Overall the presentations provide a good foundation with what is going on in the immune system.

There are some limitations with what can be expected with artificial antibody production. Antibodies can only latch onto viruses travelling around the body. It will not help with cells that are already infected by the virus. Having this treatment will help hamper the virus as it spreads around the body. For some it will help boost the immune system enough to get over it. For others it will not be enough.

To really get on top of SARS-CoV2 will need to help train the macrophages to help clean out the cells that are infected. This is tough complex stuff as the cell needs to know it is in trouble and signal for help. There are many feedback loops and other technicalities going on to find any practical solutions to these problems. For anyone trying to sort this stuff out take care of your mental health, find some good support and prepare for information overload in trying to make sense of it all.

Another potential problem with this antibody treatment is one potential counter attack brought up by some papers earlier in the pandemic. The issue was that the virus can break the attachment site of the antibody and alter its orientation so when a T cell came along, the virus could infect the T Cell. I am not sure on all the technicalities and where things are currently sitting in the academic research. Just one thing to keep a heads up for anyone trying to make sense of it all.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77
That is a pretty good claim.

Of course you have to go through human trials to make sure that it is safe.

If it works, that would be great

Military Volunteers...done in days....skip olde protocals this ia a WAR....no need for extended trials we are only killing parasites/Pleomorphic Bacteria here not Nuking Saturn.

No more suppression behind "Human Trials".....its over now no more dragging things out not even for a dam day.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Well for sake of everyone , I certainly hope this news is true .

But to tell you the truth I was kind of looking forward to watching Trump make the media and everyone else eat their words on Hydroxychloroquine.

He is because its all the same thing....there are THOUSANDS of supportive remedies available and we will never need a vaccine which is really a dangerous weaponised idea never mind misguided and criminal.

When the Long Day is over you will learn Covid is Cancer is NOT A VIRUS BECAUSE VIRUSES ARE A MADE UP WEAPONISED LIE...that all of this trouble is caused by Pleomorphic Bacteria which have been weaponised against Humanity in every corner of the earth....it the single most destructive act of Anti-Humanitarian Terrorisim ever committed by the largest co-operative evil global network ever witnessed.

The people involved must be tried in a Court and pay with their lives.Now not later.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: tanstaafl
Polio isn't the only example of pharmaceutical companies offering cures for profit.

The polio vaccine wasn't a cure. Polio was already well down the curve of burning itself out when the vaccine was introduced.

But sure, they did... they have since realized there is far more money in endless treatments that don't kill the patient until they run out of money.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
The polio vaccine wasn't a cure. Polio was already well down the curve of burning itself out when the vaccine was introduced.

Stop making things up.

At its peak in the 1940s and 1950s, polio would paralyze or kill over half a million people worldwide every year. "What is Polio" (PDF). Canadian International Immunization Initiative. p. 3

But sure, they did... they have since realized there is far more money in endless treatments that don't kill the patient until they run out of money.

Is the polio vaccine free? No. It's turns a profit nearly 80 years after its creation.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

"The polio vaccine wasn't a cure. Polio was already well down the curve of burning itself out when the vaccine was introduced."

Stop making things up.

Yeah, I keep forgetting the Polio story is a little different and more complicated than the rest - see below.

As for the rest of the diseases that vaxx are claimed to have cured, here is a really good page showing the real graphs, that tell the real story. Measles, mumps, whooping cough, etc, all were almost gone at the point in time when the vaxx was introduced.

Now, scroll down to the section on Polio, and you learn that the story is not nearly as clear cut as the WHO or CDC would have you believe.

In fact, there is ample evidence that it was the heavy and careless use of DDT (and maybe some other pesticides) could easily have played a role. But you'll see there are two other factors that also come into play that allows the numbers (claiming to show efficacy of the vaxx) to be manipulated...

An excerpt from tfa linked above on Polio:

"When the polio vaccine came into use in 1955, polio was officially defined as being caused by poliovirus, an enterovirus that had circulated freely through our gut since ancient times.

Unlike other diseases that vaccines get the credit for fixing, the first serious US polio outbreak occured in 1894, there was a major epidemic in 1916, then things got worse in the 30s, 40s and early 50s. What could have caused this mysterious appearance at a time when mortality from other infectious diseases had declined a great deal?

Pesticides lead arsenate and DDT, interacting with a virus or viruses, is a strong candidate. It is possible the pesticides were damaging nerves, allowing the entry of normally-harmless enteroviruses.

In the US, lead arsenate was first widely used in 1893 in Boston, and the first larger cluster of polio happened there that summer (26 cases), then the first major epidemic (132 cases, 18 deaths) occurred in Vermont the following summer, in 1894, the year the formula for lead arsenate was first published, by Vermont’s state entomologist.

Summer was the time fruit crops were sprayed with insecticides.

(Before 1950, DDT was hailed as a miracle of progress that was virtually non-toxic to humans, in spite of FDA’s warnings and attempts to keep it off the market.)

DDT was sprayed around freely in the 1940s and early 1950s. It is still used in India, some African countries and elsewhere.

The evidence does show the polio vaccine eliminated outbreaks of polio associated with poliovirus in the US and other countries. However, before the vaccine, polio was usually diagnosed without a pathology test for poliovirus – it was common for doctors to diagnose ‘poliovirus’ so patients could get health funding.

Therefore other enteroviruses besides poliovirus may well have been causing poliomyelitis, or polio may have been simply caused by pesticides without the involvement of a virus (although the fact that polio vaccines lead to many cases of paralysis does point to the involvement of a virus).

These considerations have ramifications that continue today, in both developed nations where there are still outbreaks of paralysing “polio-like” illness and in third-world nations.

After vaccination was introduced in 1955, a strict pathology test was required to confirm a patient had polio. Also, at this point the definition of polio changed—paralysis had to last for 60 days instead of just 24 hours, and non-paralytic cases were no longer called polio.

These factors lowered the number of polio cases significantly, making it look like the vaccine was very successful.
We should also note the book ‘Silent Spring’, which was influencial in DDT use in agriculture being banned, came out in 1962.

Is the polio vaccine free? No. It's turns a profit nearly 80 years after its creation.

Exactly.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Now, scroll down to the section on Polio, and you learn that the story is not nearly as clear cut as the WHO or CDC would have you believe.

I didn't cite the WHO or the CDC. At this point I'm not sure if you're some sort of anti-vaxxer but you made up the data about polio which makes me highly suspicious.

Exactly.

Which utterly disproves your point. If there wasn't any money to be made they wouldn't be still producing it. There's money to be made for whomever comes up with a Covid vaccine and they aren't going to sit on it because 'conspiracy'.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

I think the Israelis were there first

Israeli lab confirms breakthrough with virus antibody, but says months till cure

www.timesofisrael.com...

The same timeline seems to be on both these claims.

Israel Isolates Coronavirus Antibody in 'Significant Breakthrough': Minister
www.nytimes.com...

Israel has isolated a key coronavirus antibody at its main biological research laboratory, the Israeli defence minister said on Monday, calling the step a "significant breakthrough" toward a possible treatment for the COVID-19 pandemic.

The "monoclonal neutralising antibody" developed at the Israel Institute for Biological Research (IIBR) "can neutralise it (the disease-causing coronavirus) inside carriers' bodies," Defence Minister Naftali Bennett said in a statement.

The statement added that Bennett visited the IIBR on Monday where he was briefed "on a significant breakthrough in finding an antidote for the coronavirus".

It doesn't matter whatever works.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
There’s always money to be made from these vaccines simply because the health care structure or insurance will ultimately pay for the treatment, not the patient.

And that should be since that incentivizes the bio labs and pharmaceuticals to do the research which is very expensive.

It’s called the incentive of capitalism. "Greed is good" Gordon Gekko

Don’t worry, the lab or drug company(ies) that gets a treatment or vaccine will get filthy richer

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

you made up the data about polio which makes me highly suspicious.

Suspect away.

I didn't make anything up, I mis-attributed the data that applies to most of the other diseases that the meedical industry claim vaxx's cured - they didn't.

Polio is a special case, and I had forgotten just how special... so sue me...

If there wasn't any money to be made they wouldn't be still producing it.

There is much more money in a vaxx than there is in curing it (high dose Vitamin C), and theyt don't have any treatments, so they sell the vaxx.

There's money to be made for whomever comes up with a Covid vaccine and they aren't going to sit on it because 'conspiracy'.

No, they're going to milk the RDA train for all it is worth, knowing full well they'll never be able to come up with a vaxx, and still make coin on the half-ass treatments that end up killing the 'useless eaters'. Win-win (for them).

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   

There is much more money in a vaxx than there is in curing it (high dose Vitamin C), and theyt don't have any treatments, so they sell the vaxx.

You can't 'cure' viruses.

No, they're going to milk the RDA train for all it is worth, knowing full well they'll never be able to come up with a vaxx, and still make coin on the half-ass treatments that end up killing the 'useless eaters'. Win-win (for them).

What 'useless treatment' other than a vaccine are they going to come up with?

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   

"There is much more money in a vaxx than there is in curing it (high dose Vitamin C), and theyt don't have any treatments, so they sell the vaxx."

You can't 'cure' viruses.

Technically true. You cure the illness caused by it.

"No, they're going to milk the RDA train for all it is worth, knowing full well they'll never be able to come up with a vaxx, and still make coin on the half-ass treatments that end up killing the 'useless eaters'. Win-win (for them)."

What 'useless treatment' other than a vaccine are they going to come up with?

I didn't say useless, I said half-assed. Hydroxy, Remdesivir, whatever - these are half assed, and require prescriptions (and lots of hospitalizations).

Vitamin C would work virtually 100% of the time, especially if they used it early on in conjunction with other things (like Zinc, Selenium, Magnesium, D3, etc etc), and can be done outpatient, even in smaller clinics...

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Technically true. You cure the illness caused by it.

I'd rather have a preventative then mitigation.

I didn't say useless, I said half-assed. Hydroxy, Remdesivir, whatever - these are half assed, and require prescriptions (and lots of hospitalizations).

Vitamin C would work virtually 100% of the time, especially if they used it early on in conjunction with other things (like Zinc, Selenium, Magnesium, D3, etc etc), and can be done outpatient, even in smaller clinics...

Okay, Jenny McCarthy, whatever you say.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I'd rather have a preventative then mitigation.

You have one. It is called your immune system.

"I didn't say useless, I said half-assed. Hydroxy, Remdesivir, whatever - these are half assed, and require prescriptions (and lots of hospitalizations).

Vitamin C would work virtually 100% of the time, especially if they used it early on in conjunction with other things (like Zinc, Selenium, Magnesium, D3, etc etc), and can be done outpatient, even in smaller clinics..."

Okay, Jenny McCarthy, whatever you say.

Yep, about what I expected.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

You have one. It is called your immune system.

That's nice. You do what you do and I'll do what I do, I'm not interested in anti-vax nonsense.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

That's nice. You do what you do and I'll do what I do, I'm not interested in anti-vax nonsense.

Neither am I... what I'm interested in is the truth.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Neither am I... what I'm interested in is the truth.

If you were you'd have looked up the polio stats before trying to push your anti-vax angle.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Neither am I... what I'm interested in is the truth."

If you were you'd have looked up the polio stats before trying to push your anti-vax angle.

Sorry, I don't look up every little thing before I post - this isn't a trial, and I'm not under oath, but I still do my best.

I also take note that you totally and completely ignore the fact that the stats that I mis-attributed to Polio are still 100% accurate with respect to the other diseases that pro-vaxxers claim vaxxes cured but obviously did not - and some in fact are responsible for spikes and additional deaths.

You also totally ignore the additional information I provided showing how the polio stats are terribly skewed and manipulated to make the vaxx look much better than it was.

All you can do is REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - at least I provide information, data and yes, facts.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The Cutter Incident: How America's First Polio Vaccine Led to a Growing Vaccine Crisis

In April 1955 more than 200 000 children in five Western and mid-Western USA states received a polio vaccine in which the process of inactivating the live virus proved to be defective. Within days there were reports of paralysis and within a month the first mass vaccination programme against polio had to be abandoned. Subsequent investigations revealed that the vaccine, manufactured by the California-based family firm of Cutter Laboratories, had caused 40 000 cases of polio, leaving 200 children with varying degrees of paralysis and killing 10.

The polio vaccine did not have such a saintly start.
Yet here we are rushing a new vaccine.

edit on 20-5-2020 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2020 by Observationalist because: Added quoted Text

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Sorry, I don't look up every little thing before I post...

No, of course not. But we'll all take you seriously when you make health recommendations.

Talk about reeee'ing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join