It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris has me confused

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

"Tomato plants" eh.

A few of my friends up in Glasgow have them as well.

Strange tho, they never have any tomatoes when i want a BLT.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

My favorite Sandwich.

Its the first year i have done Tomatoes, don't know how they will turn out, some in the garden that don't seem to be coming to much, and some on the windowsill that are doing great, but seems to have some wilting yellow leaves at the bottom.

It's either too much water/not enough, or too much sunlight if such a thing is possible in this postcode. LoL

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Its the first year i have done Tomatoes, don't know how they will turn out, some in the garden that don't seem to be coming to much, and some on the windowsill that are doing great, but seems to have some wilting yellow leaves at the bottom.

It's either too much water/not enough, or too much sunlight if such a thing is possible in this postcode. LoL

Or just maybe the corona virus?

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Now that really would be some species barrier jump.

Don't know whats wrong with the things, im going to move the ones inside as i actually think they are getting too much sunlight.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Also, over 80% of deaths from corona have been in people past retirement age. The working age population is almost at no risk at all unless they have underlying health issues.

I believe in normal healthy adults under 60 the mortality rate will be under 0.01%

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Even the obese sorts that smoke?

Plenty of those people about, under 60 and of working age, how do you imagine they will fair or manage when they get infected, then spread the virus around before succumbing to the disease or ending up in the hospital?

Guess we will find out soon enough.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I’m only going on official figures and statistics.

You can find them sorted by age on the office of national statistics website.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Smoking and eating too much have always involved health risks.

It’s up to the individual to control these habits, not the wider public.

I’m sure heroin and crack addicts will also be vulnerable, why that should effect my ability to earn a living I have no idea.

If you’re in a vulnerable group, isolate yourself and stick to government guidelines.

Healthy adults should also stick to social distancing but should be allowed to work.

A supermarket is just as dangerous as an office.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Im not in the vulnerable group, but other people in my family are down to being asthmatic.

As to people who smoke and are fat my point being, rather a large percentage of such are in the under 60 categories.

A supermarket is indeed just as dangerous as an office, but you need to go there for supplies, you can watch the office on Comedy Central, its simply not a priority yet, especially if you can work from home.

On a side note, plenty of people who also smoke crack or heroin, hold down full-time positions of employment and will also fall into the under 60s back to work category, as to there vulnerability, well quite a few who choose to take the stuff will also most lightly be immunocompromised.

Healthy adults are allowed to work if their position demands such, and as long as they cannot work from home.
edit on 13-5-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Only engineers and management in the mechanical and electrical side of my business have continued to work.

Not sure about the rest of you but £2500 a month isn’t enough for me to survive.

Luckily I am on the management team and seen as essential. Some of our engineers however will find it hard to survive on 80% income as they don’t make all that much on basic pay as it is.

Although the extra work implementing Covid into my risk assessments is no fun I can assure you, a nice little paid holiday at home with the kids sounds great.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Mysterychic88

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

"Tomato plants" eh.

A few of my friends up in Glasgow have them as well.

Strange tho, they never have any tomatoes when i want a BLT.

A friend of mine used to grow them tomato plants in a window box; when is mum used to visit she was always saying '..you never seem to get many tomatoes on them plants.....'

He, however, always seemed very happy and laid back about it......

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Mysterychic88

Just a consequence of the press dictating who gets elected unfortunately.

People like Boris are great for keeping the ultra rich comfortable but when it comes to a crisis they're found to be woefully lacking in ideas.

A bit like Trump really but on a less severe scale.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 42dragonfly

Yeah I’ve smoked a few tomato plants in my time.

Yet to try weed on a bacon sandwich.

Unfortunately I’m limited to edibles these days and only very rarely.

Might not sound good but I had a little canna butter a while back and would put a little spoonful in my tea before bed. Tasted magic and worked a treat.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 04:54 AM
link   
This thing is so new no one can know what to say and be 100% certain

Time has to go buy and in 2 years they will have a better understanding.

Right now they are trying to plan for the unknown.

Extremely difficult as a leader.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Bill Gates knows exactly what to say and how it will pan out.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Warranted HOWEVER we did have plan's in place for just such a contingency before pencil necked idiot's in Whitehall both Conservative and NEW LABOUR (whom let's be fair were just conservative light) sold off our laboratory's, sold off our nationally owned stakes in pharmaceutical and in everything but name privatized our NHS with private health care providers basically being subsidized by the state while national health patient's received second class treatment while private health patient's were bumped up the line and treated far better.

So not to totally disagree but Don't confuse bad politician's and difficult decision's as excusable situation's because to be frank they are not, we got into this mess through these very people, admittedly Boris is not guilty of this but neither is he going to rectify what was basically the result of core principles of his party and NEW LABOUR (Blairites Gad sooth remember his wife Cherry got off with a real estate fraud because he was the prime minister and the whole affair was brushed under the mat so to speak - she should have been disbarred and he despite his position brought up for a public enquire on malfeasance charges - also Blair and the New Labour Lout's were simply NOT Labour though to be frank despite being 80/20 in favour of being called so neither was Corbyn -- he was just a tad too far to the left on some issues - not his social commitments' but his defence policy and bad acquaintances which turned the stomach of even long time labour members that also did not like New Labour - BUT though I do not think he would have been a good planner HAD his commitment's to the NHS been fulfilled - in an ideal world - before the Pandemic hit we would then have been back in a good position to handle the crisis, really therefore Boris has done a NOT Good job of handling the crisis but perhaps given Corbyn's likely poor management in such a situation probably better than he would have done - well almost definitely so - but that does not excuse his party of there part in the fall of our national institutions which were set up to handy this very situation after the war - though as I say New Labour the Blairites are at least equally guilty and perhaps even more so but not old Labour).

Sadly my opinion of both party's is that they are riddled with crook's, bent politician's and neither is fit to run our nation BUT what choice do we have.

Labour has the cancer of Militant, Corbyn was a bit TOO militant inclined and we up in the north west know how bad that can get since we had a gangster (there really is no other name for the scum bag) called Derek Hatton whom swindled the city of Liverpool and brought the labour party into serious disrepute while his cronies and he got rich, a source very close to him (his relative) told my mother that he had stacked the money he had swindled from the Liverpool city council in a swiss bank account under a fake name, the Liverpool police knew it all and were bringing charges against that particular crook under an investigation named Operation Cheetah, they were TOLD to butt out and let it drop by high ranking members of the government (conservative at the time), turned out they were all crooked and Derek Hatton had some dirt on them they did not want aired etc.

Conservative - only in it for themselves for the most part, there backers and not the people of our nation except and in so far - when we have a good member of that party - were enlightened self interest win's the day which sadly is not often enough for them to be likable as a party of choice.

As for the Lib's, just a bunch of losers that are not fit to run a kitchen never mind the nation.

So we are stuck with a bunch of bad penny's and non of them in any of the party's are fit for purpose BUT they are all we the people of Britain have a choice from among which is why we don't' get professors as prime ministers or Nobel winners as science advisers - rather we get those that represent the vested interests not those that represent the people of our nation in those job's and it's all a fix up in my opinion when all is said and done.

edit on 14-5-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 42dragonfly

Those sound like premium ""Tomatoes"". LoL

Unfortunately, mine are just the standard variety, not that I'm not, laid back about it.

edit on 14-5-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Yeah when I was a kid my mate totally fooled his mum. Back before people knew the purpose of tents he bought books on horticulture, started with a few window plants etc. She never even questioned the tent going up in the room or the lights and electricity bill, was just happy he had a hobby. Until her friend rumbled him and she kicked various shades of crap out of him.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   

You would think the smell would have tippled her straight off?

Weed plants stink to high heaven, whither or not they are in a tent, sitting on a sill or out in the back garden.

The smell starts when they are about 3-6 weeks old depending on the strain, even in the vegetative stage, but it gets much worse after plants start making buds, gloriously so for some.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join