It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many atheists can you dismiss?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
No punchline, but there are so many heavily religious people that are dismissed such as scientology or the Amish or anyone believing in the Mandela effect etc. etc.

There has got to be equally foolish atheists.
Where are the atheistic loons?

They have to exist.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Of course they do. Some, right here.....but...You need balance in life.

Right-wrong, up-down,over-under, go-stay, him-her, good-bad, here-there, her-she, him-me..its endless.

If all were 1 way in this world...we wouldnt know to appreciate good

Balance. All things seek balance

Peace

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   

cultists - aways dismiss any kind of atheist allong with other cults [ that have mutually exclusive dogmas ] - simply for failure to " subscribe " to their own cults dogmas

ETA - so the answer [ for some ] = all of them
edit on 28-4-2020 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Readily dismiss anyone and everyone
But we each might know some things that are worth sharing
Dismiss some of what everyone says but never dismiss everything
Seems there are a few Christians I am happy to dismiss much of

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krahzeef_Ukhar
No punchline, but there are so many heavily religious people that are dismissed such as scientology or the Amish or anyone believing in the Mandela effect etc. etc.

Some things are rightly dismissed based on ones knowledge, understanding and experience…

Originally posted by Krahzeef_Ukhar

They have to exist.

I sense a heavy backlash on this one…(pistols at dawn)

Good luck with the further responses…

- JC

edit on 28-4-2020 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Faith and Belief are kissing cousins.
Knowledge is another thing.
I do know there to be a Higher Mind.
It seems to have a twisted sense of humor.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

You've found one. What would you like to know?

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

The Mandella effect has absolutely nothing to do with religion. I don’t dismiss anyone’s views but they shouldn’t dismiss mine either. But to put the Mandella theory in the same catagory as religion...just no

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I was an "atheist loon" until YHWH made Himself real to me. Now I see atheists as people who don't have all their blanks filled in yet...

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
When it comes to matters of faith, anyone and everyone is someone else's loon. Simply put, no one actually can prove anything to anyone else. They either believe or they don't. That goes for atheists too.

I suppose when you come right down to it, agnostics might be the most honest in that they allow there might be something but they freely admit they can't prove anything one way or the other.

However, that does discount everyone who has had personal spiritual/religious experiences. We're mightily convinced those were real even if we cannot prove it to anyone else.
edit on 28-4-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I don't dismiss any Atheists, just like I don't dismiss any Theists.

Truth of the matter is that none of us know for a fact whether or not there exists a creator/higher consciousness. It cannot be proven or disproven.

The bible tells us that each man is given a measure of faith. Whether that faith is in God, science or the flying spaghetti monster is entirely up to you.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

They have to exist.

Have you found a flat-earther who is also an atheist? Look there.

Here's the thing I've noticed though. For every 100 different ways of being religious, there are 0 different ways of being an atheist. If you don't believe, you don't believe. It's simple, straightforward and doesn't veer off course.

Right or wrong, at least they're consistent. Gotta give 'em that.
edit on 28-4-2020 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Taupin Desciple

There are different ways of being an atheist though.

Some are spiritual and some aren't for example. Some are militant and evangelize atheism every bit as aggressively as any religious adherent will for their personal faith, while others are simply content to be non-believers.

They will disagree among themselves the way that different sects of a religion will.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short this statement right here is why religion exist. People believing they are "special". A god creating the Universe but only revealing himself to a selective few because they are the chosen ones. We need to get over ourselves the universe does not recognize a human being separate from a fly.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: toktaylor

What do you mean a few special chosen ones?

I think God reveals himself to those who seek Him. If that's only a few special chosen ones, then that says rather more about us than it does about Him.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko The only person a God reveal himself to is the person making the claim.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunkBut while people may feel they “know” that their beliefs are true, it is clear that feelings and intuitions alone are not reliable tools when it comes to discovering. If they were, we wouldn’t need things like science, detectives, or juries — we would all “just know” the truth in every case.

The inherent danger in assuming that one “just knows” anything is that it stops one from thinking. It discourages further education, and inhibits well-informed decisions.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I'm an atheist. I'm also an aSantaClausist, an aLochNessMonsterist and an aEasterBunnyist.

Why are people who don't believe in the claims of a god, labelled, or in America, marginalised? You don't mock those who don't believe in the claims of Father Christmas or the Easter Bunny, but you 'demonise' those who don't believe in (a) God. I simply require proof for very serious and very 'extreme' claims such as a God, and to date, not a single one has ever been presented. (shrug)

But, I don't dismiss anyone, at least, not without cause, regardless of one's beliefs in a God or Gods.

I'm sure there are equally foolish atheists as there are Scientologists or Mormons. But....what's you're actual point?
edit on 28-4-2020 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's very mean of you try and disprove my delusion that I'm a good judge of character. LOL

The people I've met in my life that are athiests were kind of blase' about it. There is no god.....and that was the end of it. I guess they figured that if they got all emotional about it, that would show people they kind of doubted what they were sure of and had to go out of their way to tell people about their "enlightened" state of mind and if you don't agree, well, then you're just a bottom feeder. The people I knew were sure there is no god. It was a belief, not a point they felt they had to prove.

People who have to convince themselves of their beliefs by shoving thwm down other peoples' throats are typically insecure about their beliefs.

Again, those are my observations based on my experiences. You may have different one's.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Truth of the matter is that none of us know for a fact whether or not there exists a creator/higher consciousness. It cannot be proven or disproven.

The bible tells us that each man is given a measure of faith. Whether that faith is in God, science or the flying spaghetti monster is entirely up to you.

Not to be a stickler but.....you do realize that by definition you would be considered agnostic. How can one have absolute belief in the Bible/Gods word if they're agnostic? You can't if you believe what you've written as "truth of the matter" and "fact", no offense, just saying.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join