It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids are ending up in intensive care for COVID-related syndrome

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: neoholographic

Question... People are still out shopping, having parties, gathering in places with more than 10 people, handling money that went through hundreds of hands in the same few days, touching items at the store that haven't been disinfected, etc.. What makes you think the virus isn't spreading just like it would in normal America? I work with 8 people who were sent home with the virus, 3 had underlying health conditions, and all survived with minimal side effects.

Good for you!!

Other members here have had friends/family die

Not at anything close to equal rate, even the article says some children that have tested positive and even some who have tested negative it which means it's likely not even CoVid related, not to mention how many kids have this. Why is it automatically tied to CoVid.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Question... People are still out shopping, having parties, gathering in places with more than 10 people, handling money that went through hundreds of hands in the same few days, touching items at the store that haven't been disinfected, etc.. What makes you think the virus isn't spreading just like it would in normal America? I work with 8 people who were sent home with the virus, 3 had underlying health conditions, and all survived with minimal side effects.

Good for you!!

Exactly!

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

You missed my point. This virus is still going to spread no matter what we do because under the "stay at home" order, very few stay at home and we all come into contact with things infected people touch. If I had a friend or family member die from this, I'd still feel the same about it.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Good for you!!

Not at anything close to equal rate, even the article says some children that have tested positive and even some who have tested negative it which means it's likely not even CoVid related, not to mention how many kids have this. Why is it automatically tied to CoVid.

I can't say, I would agree that #s are being fudged by both sides.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

So, we're back to the blood-type theme? I liked that one. I'm O+

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

So it's easy to yell this is nothing when it's not your Mother, Father or Grandparents who died.

Please don't add to the emotional blackmail already so prevalent, and encourage decisions based upon personal interests. Please also understand that your inference is that anyone who lost someone near and dear to them must also be on the shutdown bandwagon, and that's neither fair nor right.

I lost my uncle a couple weeks ago. I have both family members and friends who have been sick enough to seek emergency medical care. I have been deeply concerned for all of them, and happy to do what I could to help.

But not one of them, including my now deceased post-WWII Marine veteran uncle, are on the shutdown bandwagon. Not because we don't care. But because we have values and principles based on something bigger than ourselves and our personal feelings. What is right for one is not necessarily right for all. There is no one-size-fits-all solution.

Serving the greater good demands that people be able to make the best decisions for themselves, their needs, and their circumstances.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

a reply to: vonclod

You missed my point. This virus is still going to spread no matter what we do because under the "stay at home" order, very few stay at home and we all come into contact with things infected people touch. If I had a friend or family member die from this, I'd still feel the same about it.

Ok, I can agree, it will eventually spread. I think they are slowing it down to manageable levels..I don't think we can handle everyone getting it at the same time. I can understand why some people in areas not hit hard are suspicious. I can also agree, many who get it, get through it well enough.

I do find it troubling hearing of permanent lung and organ damage in survivors, and younger people getting it. I know 2 in their 20s, one recovered ok, the other still having problem and had a very rough ride.

I think this thing being in its infancy, is still unpredictable.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaplePatriot

originally posted by: rickymouse
The kids may not be eating enough salt. Swelling of the brain is a symptom of hyponatremia. Salt can help our body to have a less critical bout of coronavirus. People do not understand what low sodium and chloride levels can do in our bodies if it is going on for a while. I posted a link about extra risk happens with low salt in the diet. I ran low on salt when we started cooking most of our meals at home years ago, restaurant food has much more salt in it and my levels went too low. I learned from my mistake and now our food tastes a lot better again.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

This could be a contributing factor as people think that if the kids are healthier, they will not get sick. This applies to this virus more than it does to the flu or a cold, but even with those, hyponatremia can be a problem.

Low electrolytes are horrible on the body. If your body does not have any salt it will also not retain as much water as required for basic function of your systems.

Had to take my pregnant wife to the ER for that very reason several weeks ago. Also through my own research and diet. Not enough electrolytes = bad news bears.

You're right, but a little bit wrong. our body has lots of water sometimes, but it is locked in the cells. It cannot do basic functions because it is low in circulation.

Sodium and chloride are osmolytes, both with specific jobs in the cells. They help bring water in and out of cells, along with nutrition in and byproducts of metabolism out. If you have hyponatremia, water and some of the toxic byproducts remain in the cells and they swell up and can lead to swelling of the cells or edema. This presses on the small capilaries and they cannot haut oxygen to the cells, because on blood is flowing in them, they are squashed.

The kidneys take out the sodium and chloride along with the toxins attached to them and put them in the urine. If you have high glucose in the blood, then the kidneys do not expellthe sodium with the toxin attached. If you do not have enough salt, your cells still are full of liquid, but your dehydrated because there is not enough of the water in the veins and arteries, and then eating something high in salt floods the veins and arteries with water and toxins and raises blood pressure too high till it is peed out, which won't happen if you eat a lot of carbs. I do not know if fructose or other sugars are a problem, The article I read only addressed glucose, no mention was made of fructose, because they did not test if it did the same thing. I do not assume it does, only speculate fructose may also be a factor. Remember, fruit contains furocoumerins that actually lessen clotting and stimulate peeing to some extent, so there may be some protection from added chemicals in fruits that is not happening in sugar.

So, they gave her an IV with salt water, which increased the water in the bloodstream and intercellular fluid, also it stimulated the cells to excrete some of the water they were overburdened with. The IVs are designed with the right percentage of water to do a safe job. I give medical science credit for figuring the proper percentages of salt to do the job correctly. What I am talking about is high up in medicine, Doctors are aware of much of this, but the public nor nurses are taught what I am talking about. They are taught to give an IV, not the method of action of how it works. I wanted to know how it works and it took me looking at a lot of research to decipher how it works. Then when I found it, I googled a certain wording and found multiple articles that state how it works. One thing missing or an improper word and no results pertaining to what I am talking about were found.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I lost my uncle a couple weeks ago. I have both family members and friends who have been sick enough to seek emergency medical care. I have been deeply concerned for all of them, and happy to do what I could to help.

But not one of them, including my now deceased post-WWII Marine veteran uncle, are on the shutdown bandwagon. Not because we don't care. But because we have values and principles based on something bigger than ourselves and our personal feelings. What is right for one is not necessarily right for all. There is no one-size-fits-all solution.

Serving the greater good demands that people be able to make the best decisions for themselves, their needs, and their circumstances.

So people are martyring themselves, then?
That's heavy

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: VeeTNA
a reply to: rickymouse

I had a routine physical about 2 years ago (spouse was going low-sodium due to health issues) and I was told my sodium level was too low.
So I went back to eating the salt level to which I was accustomed, and next check-up it was fine. It's still fine as of January.
A bit later, I had a sudden fever onset at work (in "essential" retail) and took one day off; the first of my 3-year work history there. I had a super sore throat, but no evidence of strep. I worked the next two days, then slept the two that were my days off. Night-time cough was awful. Sore throat subsided. On day six I returned to work. Everyone else promptly experienced the same symptoms. It circulated through our store staff (12 souls), and we kept going.

Was it the plague? I don't know. I like to think so, because it's hard being an "essential" retail front-liner with all this going on.

Gargle with salt water when you get a sore throat, also some baking soda in with it helps more. Both baking soda and salt kill germs, including viruses. Our throat is usually not hurt by those two....but I have to say that both are disinfectants and You should not put disinfectants in your body...learned that from the reaction to what trump said.

But it does not kill covid, it just gets rid of the infection locally whether it is viral or fungal. I am not going to say it kills covid, someone will want proof.. the proof I gave was for the ace2 inhibitor, not for a sore throat from covid.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   

You said:

Please don't add to the emotional blackmail already so prevalent, and encourage decisions based upon personal interests. Please also understand that your inference is that anyone who lost someone near and dear to them must also be on the shutdown bandwagon, and that's neither fair nor right.

You didn't read my post.

I said, there has to be a balance.

Your post tells me it's about politics for you and sadly politics blinds people to reason and basic common sense.

All I'm saying is, those who try to say the Coronavirus is nothing and there shouldn't have been quarantine are delusional. Just like those who think we should be quarantined forever and it mainly started when Trump talked about reopening States.

There has to be some common sense here.

There are people dying and without the quarantine it would be worse. You may not care about your family memebers dying but others do.

At the end of the day, there just needs to be a balance but that will not happen because now it's about the passion of politics not reason.
edit on 27-4-2020 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

ur throat is usually not hurt by those two....but I have to say that both are disinfectants and You should not put disinfectants in your body...learned that from the reaction to what trump said.

But it does not kill covid, it just gets rid of the infection locally whether it is viral or fungal. I am not going to say it kills covid, someone will want proof.. the proof I gave was for the ace2 inhibitor, not for a sore throat from covid.

Well played.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

You may not care about your family memebers dying but others do.

Thank you for putting the exclamation point on my comment.

This is not "balance." It is exactly the opposite, despite your pathetic virtue signalling. This is absolutely vile and reprehensible emotional blackmail and bullying. It was undoubtedly meant to be as hurtful and hateful as possible.

And it says everything about YOU.

At no time was I rude, disrespectful or insulting to you. No personal attacks. Not even a suggestion of ill will on your part. I spoke for myself and my experiences.

But good to know. Just confirms that the people who want the shutdowns most, care the least for everyone except themselves, and WILL HURT OTHERS to serve their own interests. No surprise.

Bullies are always cowards.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: VeeTNA

So people are martyring themselves, then?
That's heavy

That's ridiculous. No one is "martyring" themselves -- couldn't if they wanted to.

Especially since I noted they all sought emergency medical care. That's not what a martyr would do. It would pretty much defeat their purposes. SMH...

But hey! You got to be hateful and hurtful too -- how awesome!!!

It's really special when people pretending to care about the victims decide to hate on the victims for not victiming right.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
So all I need to ask is who wants everything to open up completely with a "nothing to see here attitude"?
Like no one....

Who wants the country to open up where it makes sense and to continue to do things like social distancing, limiting crowd sizes, limiting your movements etc? But we need to get things to start opening up and maybe do what Sweden is doing.
Like everyone on the right...

Who says things like if you want anything to open up then you just want people to DIE! You put money in front of LIFE! I hate the idea of opening up because I hate Trump and that is what he wants to do.
Like everyone on the left...

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarkestConspiracyMoon
A new symptom pops up every week it seems, instilling more fear everyday. At this point, I honestly can't believe anything that comes out the mainstream media.

COVID-19 virus has put 15 pounds on me!

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

why is this a story?? the alert said this appears to be rare?

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Its funny I keep hearing them call anti-shutdown protesters selfish while in the same breath saying just think if it was somebody close to you that died. Wtf?

Deaths are an inevitable part of life, some are temporarily preventable. More could be if we took to Augustus suggestion of becoming veal, however is slowing the inevitable worth not living?

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
Not me. removed a meal, kept exercising. Lost weight so far.
Not snacking.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Do you even understand the concept of sophism? You just take the appeal to emotions stance.

I'll be de devil advocate and write it: this virus, or any other virus, are nothing. Anything that any human can consider as a danger is nothing. It is so for the sole reason it is a subjective reaction based upon the primitive subconscious survival instinct.

The mere conservatism expressed from a mind that fear the unknown is nothing more than an emotional stimuli from either internal or external reactions.

Is the fact that "danger" is really nothing more than expressed fear should be ignored? It is up to those pondering about it, but you won't go anywhere far by using subjectivity in order to win an argument.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join