It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids are ending up in intensive care for COVID-related syndrome

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
a reply to: Boadicea

Its funny I keep hearing them call anti-shutdown protesters selfish while in the same breath saying just think if it was somebody close to you that died. Wtf?

Thank you -- exactly!

And let's be clear that it is not just CoV patients who are dying. People are dying for many reasons, and many of those reasons are directly related to the shutdown. It's very easy to invoke the dying CoV patients' families, and presume to speak for them. But likewise, those who have lost loved ones because of the shutdown have equally real and valid experiences and feelings.

Deaths are an inevitable part of life, some are temporarily preventable. More could be if we took to Augustus suggestion of becoming veal, however is slowing the inevitable worth not living?

Again -- exactly! None of us are getting out of here alive. We cannot fool Mother Nature, and we cannot cheat death. Both catch up with us sooner or later, one way or another. Even CoV. We cannot outrun it. We cannot hide from it forever. And it's just one of countless risks that we face every day. When worse comes to worst, we accept that it is a natural part of life, grieve our loss, cherish our memories, and celebrate the person.
edit on 27-4-2020 by Boadicea because: clarity

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

This makes no sense:

Deaths are an inevitable part of life, some are temporarily preventable. More could be if we took to Augustus suggestion of becoming veal, however is slowing the inevitable worth not living?

This is easy to say when you're not the one dying.

Trump has it right. Do it in phases and reopen with safety.

There's people on here and in other places saying forget safety, the coronavirus is nothing and we all die. Those are just silly statements. So what we all die, does that mean we shouldn't try to save as many lives as we can?

I'm with Trump. Reopen safely and in phases because this virus isn't nothing. This is serious and I'm glad people aren't in charge who think this is nothing!
edit on 27-4-2020 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Why do we let people live in earthquake zones, volcano zones, hurricane zones, tornado zones? Its not just them that is in harms way as when the eventual happens others will have to place themselves at risk to help them?

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Why do we let people live in earthquake zones, volcano zones, hurricane zones, tornado zones? Its not just them that is in harms way as when the eventual happens others will have to place themselves at risk to help them?

Again, that makes no sense.

Why do we have hurricane warnings if people just die?

Why did we even have a coronavirus task force if people just die?

After 9/11, why did we add extra security at airports if people just die?

Why even have metal detectors anywhere if we all are just going to die anyway?

You're trying to make this argument because you want to downplay the coronavirus. I have to tell you, it makes no sense. You can recognize the seriousness of the virus without being alarmist about it.

Should we say no more tornado warnings because you chose to live in an area where more tornados occur? By your logic, we should just let them die. After a tornado, why should we waste time looking through the wreckage? We all die so just get the forklifts and throw everything away.

I don't know why people have latched on to "the coronavirus is nothing" line and "we all die." It's ridiculous!

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Shutting down the economy that a billion plus rely on without question is not being alarmist?

Suggesting we overreacted and made a lot more people vulnerable doesn't mean the virus doesn't exist, its just looking at the bigger picture.
edit on 4/27/2020 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: LSU2018

Question... People are still out shopping, having parties, gathering in places with more than 10 people, handling money that went through hundreds of hands in the same few days, touching items at the store that haven't been disinfected, etc.. What makes you think the virus isn't spreading just like it would in normal America? I work with 8 people who were sent home with the virus, 3 had underlying health conditions, and all survived with minimal side effects.

Good for you!!

Other members here have had friends/family die

Not at anything close to equal rate, even the article says some children that have tested positive and even some who have tested negative it which means it's likely not even CoVid related, not to mention how many kids have this. Why is it automatically tied to CoVid.

I can't say, I would agree that #s are being fudged by both sides.

How are the numbers fudged on both sides? on the it's a faux pandemic side all you can go by is low number of deaths. The number of actual cases is likely in the millions here in the US. The fudging is by the lock it up for federal bucks crowd, where every respiratory case is now CoVid. Just like this bogus article that says in the first paragraph/ Children with CoVid and even those testing negative for CoVid have this COVID syndrome. How is it a CoVid syndrome when kids without Covid have it?

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Shutting down the economy that a billion plus rely on without question is not being alarmist?

It's not.

Have you been watching the press conferences? I think Trump and the task force handled it very well. If they didn't flatten the curve, it would be much worse than it is now.

I think we're on the verge of reopening States because people took it seriously. I'm just glad they didn't have the "we all die" so do nothing mentality.
edit on 27-4-2020 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Let them use their own ingenuity to deal with it. People aren't entitled to help or safety, which is just an illusion anyway. It is not about letting people die rather than minding its own business.

And these people won't let themselves die, there'll be survival that'll keep the place populated for next generations until extinction occurs in someway.

Then extinction, it is a cycle, and like any cycle, it tends to repeat itself over and over until some force disturbs it and makes it to collapse.

Your appeal to emotions still brings you nowhere. You let people to their own fate, and there'll sure be some that'll find ways to do it with their own definition of "comfort".

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Because they are terrified that the world they have worked for their entire lives is slipping away? That their businesses will go bust? That their retirement will be so impacted that they will never be able to slow down, let alone stop working? That their pill-popping brother who was already suffering from addiction has less accountability now and even fewer resources to get help or support? That bad parenting (again, with little accountability or oversite) will traumatize or kill a lot of children before this is over? That men and women in bad relationships will continue to batter one another (men and women are equally abusive)?

I am from a first responder/front line healthcare home. I am a science writer. I see COVID19 as primarily a science and medicine issue, but I can't be oblivious to the very real concerns of others who are living this moment through a different lens.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnorantGod

Let them use their own ingenuity to deal with it. People aren't entitled to help or safety, which is just an illusion anyway. It is not about letting people die rather than minding its own business.

And these people won't let themselves die, there'll be survival that'll keep the place populated for next generations until extinction occurs in someway.

Then extinction, it is a cycle, and like any cycle, it tends to repeat itself over and over until some force disturbs it and makes it to collapse.

Your appeal to emotions still brings you nowhere. You let people to their own fate, and there'll sure be some that'll find ways to do it with their own definition of "comfort".

We're not entitled to saftey?

That's just.....

Do you guys really have to sink this low into the land of asininedom because you want to act like the coronavirus is nothing?

Yes, I think there should be saftey belts in cars.

I think there should be warning on items that are harmful to children.

If you had your way, just let the kids die.

How would Parents know what supplies they need to keep away from children without warnings on different bottles?

Why should we put expiration dates on food? We all di so screw it.

What about speed limits? Throw them away.

Forget check ups on airplaines, just let them fall from the sky. WE ALL DIE!!!

Again, you're making an asinine argument because you got in your head the coronavirus is nothing and we all die anyway. That makes no sense.

Why spend money on defense? We all die anyway so let's dsmantle the nukes and open the borders!

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Basically what this article is really saying is "we will now call all illness and any symptom in the world a COVID related illness because too many people are realizing real corona is just the cold. Got a Norovirus symptom? Call it corona! Unrelated brain swelling from an unrelated illness?? Oh one person may have been infected with corona when we were doing some testing, so now all brain swelling is COVID!!!

It really is a shame people are seeking to be tricked. It is even more despicable that the medical industry of the western world has teamed up to tie as many possible illnesses in the world now to corona by way of "related symptoms" .

Pretty soon everyone dying from TB will be counted as corona, because they may have had anti-bodies from a previous recovery. Don't you worry though, as long as there are antibodies even suicides will be counted as corona. They will tell you something like "oh well, the depression from the realization of being infected led to their death, ergo COVID killed them."

And then thirty thousand morons start saying "mmmhmm see there. told you told you!!!" on social media, except at least half are just AI bots carrying out their programming.

Coronavirus really is mostly nothing. Thats why more and more agencies are desperately attempting to tie any type of sickness or ill feeling to corona, because free minds are seeing the BS, and waking up others.

Sometimes people get sick and die in the world. thats just life. Yet, despite all the resources that go into trying to keep these people alive, they die anyways, while a factor of thousands more recover and live just fine. It seems you have forgotten that people get sick and pass away despite all the resources that are thrown at them???

Empty your mind of fear, go outside and mingle with society. LIVE! All the power the rulers have over you, you have given to them willingly. Take it back, cast out fear, especially fear of death. Thats like being scared of your shadow.
edit on 4-27-2020 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

You do not need an actual speed limit to know that high speed is life threatening, that is basically what I say. No, I do not think there needs an authority to tell and act upon situations that individuals can deal with themselves.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Be AFRAID!!

Chapter 7!!

Cower, hole up, stay isolated from society. "We" will tell you when it's safe...BE AFRAID!!

Stay tuned...NEXT week...we will find something ELSE for you to be AFRAID of!!

Please watch our sponsors for the next 7 minutes, and we'll be back with the traffic and weather!

BE AFAID!!! BE AFRAID!!! SCAREY!! BOOOO!....BE AFRAID!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Double...but it was worth repeating!

edit on 4/27/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaplePatriot
Anyone else seeing a pattern of fear yet?

"Oh its just the immunocompromised and older patients"
"Now young people are getting blood clots"
"No babies are getting kawasaki"

Sigh.

The low oxygen levels in the blood are not from a lack of oxygen in the lungs. It is the inability of the blood to uptake the oxygen.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

NO, it's from when idiots stop breathing regularly because they're too terrified to …. LIVE!!

Screw that noise, Napoleon!!

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

originally posted by: IgnorantGod

We're not entitled to saftey?

That's just.....

Do you guys really have to sink this low into the land of asininedom because you want to act like the coronavirus is nothing?

Yes, I think there should be saftey belts in cars.

I think there should be warning on items that are harmful to children.

If you had your way, just let the kids die.

How would Parents know what supplies they need to keep away from children without warnings on different bottles?

Why should we put expiration dates on food? We all di so screw it.

What about speed limits? Throw them away.

Forget check ups on airplaines, just let them fall from the sky. WE ALL DIE!!!

Again, you're making an asinine argument because you got in your head the coronavirus is nothing and we all die anyway. That makes no sense.

Why spend money on defense? We all die anyway so let's dsmantle the nukes and open the borders!

These people truly are the deplorables. One of the few things that i agree with Hillary on.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Yeah, but these cases are statistically very few, which is why it takes a while for anyone to realize that there are other symptoms. Like the increase in strokes in younger people and COVID-19 toes.

It's like when you read the warnings on the side of your meds and there are stacks of rare side-effects.

See your doctor if you have any of these...

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: vonclod

You missed my point. This virus is still going to spread no matter what we do because under the "stay at home" order, very few stay at home and we all come into contact with things infected people touch. If I had a friend or family member die from this, I'd still feel the same about it.

Stay at home reduces that touching drastically. Most people do obey the stay at home orders. The vast minority do not. That vast minority still means many people unfortunately.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   
When all else fails say "It's for the Children, or fluffy bunnies".

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join