It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids are ending up in intensive care for COVID-related syndrome

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I think there's 2 things going on here. On one side you have alarmist and on the other side you have people who want to act like it's nothing which is crazy. Even with a low death rate, without quarantine you can easily see 100 million infected with close to 500,000 deaths because this spreads so fast.

So it's easy to yell this is nothing when it's not your Mother, Father or Grandparents who died. It's easy to say this is nothing when it's not your 5 year old daughter who died from brain swelling due to coronavirus.

Doctors in England are warning about new symptoms related to the coronavirus pandemic, or potentially a new virus, that is sending children into intensive care.

The British National Health Service warned over the weekend about a new syndrome that is causing symptoms similar to toxic shock and atypical Kawasaki disease in children, a serious condition that causes heart disease.

www.miamiherald.com...

So, we shouldn't be over the top alarmist and most of the Country will probably see some semblence of normal over the summer. Places like NY, NJ, Michigan and a few other States are a long ways away. If it's spreading so fast in NY and people are leaving NY then many of those people will spread it elswhere.

Children who have tested positive for the coronavirus and some who have tested negative are reportedly experiencing the symptoms.

The alert said the condition appears to be rare but pediatricians should look out for children with stomach pain, diarrhea “and rapid progress to a shock-like picture.”

Toxic shock symptoms include a high fever that comes on quickly, low blood pressure, diarrhea or vomiting, muscle aches, confusion, headache and seizures, according to The Mayo Clinic. It can also cause “a rash resembling a sunburn, particularly on your palms and soles.”

A very high fever is also one of the main symptoms of Kawasaki disease, according to The Mayo Clinic. Other early symptoms include dry, cracked lips, red eyes, swollen lymph nodes and red, swollen skin on the feet and hands.

www.miamiherald.com...

At the end of the day, it's a good thing if we come out of this more alert.

Sadly, this has also become a political football.

If you're conservative then you want to reopen everything and there's nothing to see here. If you're Liberal, you want quarantine forever because Trump wants States to reopen.

I hope cooler heads prevail but I doubt it.
edit on 27-4-2020 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Anyone else seeing a pattern of fear yet?

"Oh its just the immunocompromised and older patients"
"Now young people are getting blood clots"
"No babies are getting kawasaki"

Sigh.

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaplePatriot
Anyone else seeing a pattern of fear yet?

"Oh its just the immunocompromised and older patients"
"Now young people are getting blood clots"
"No babies are getting kawasaki"

Sigh.

And next it will be " everyone has to get a shot with a chip to verify that the world is safe, or go to a FEMA camp for your own safety

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The kids may not be eating enough salt. Swelling of the brain is a symptom of hyponatremia. Salt can help our body to have a less critical bout of coronavirus. People do not understand what low sodium and chloride levels can do in our bodies if it is going on for a while. I posted a link about extra risk happens with low salt in the diet. I ran low on salt when we started cooking most of our meals at home years ago, restaurant food has much more salt in it and my levels went too low. I learned from my mistake and now our food tastes a lot better again.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

This could be a contributing factor as people think that if the kids are healthier, they will not get sick. This applies to this virus more than it does to the flu or a cold, but even with those, hyponatremia can be a problem.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

What are the underlying medical conditions? What is the full detailed info/account of each?

People are getting really tired of being fed BS from govt.

edit on 27-4-2020 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The kids may not be eating enough salt. Swelling of the brain is a symptom of hyponatremia. Salt can help our body to have a less critical bout of coronavirus. People do not understand what low sodium and chloride levels can do in our bodies if it is going on for a while. I posted a link about extra risk happens with low salt in the diet. I ran low on salt when we started cooking most of our meals at home years ago, restaurant food has much more salt in it and my levels went too low. I learned from my mistake and now our food tastes a lot better again.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

This could be a contributing factor as people think that if the kids are healthier, they will not get sick. This applies to this virus more than it does to the flu or a cold, but even with those, hyponatremia can be a problem.

Low electrolytes are horrible on the body. If your body does not have any salt it will also not retain as much water as required for basic function of your systems.

Had to take my pregnant wife to the ER for that very reason several weeks ago. Also through my own research and diet. Not enough electrolytes = bad news bears.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

TBH, it sounds like scarlet fever to me. Parents are probably not taking their kids in for strep tests because they are too afraid.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The idea that this is pneumonic I think is going to fall apart very soon. Once the research hits the mainstream; this is a blood disease regarding oxygenation and NOT a respiratory disease regarding oxygenation, we can treat the cause and not the symptons.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
A new symptom pops up every week it seems, instilling more fear everyday. At this point, I honestly can't believe anything that comes out the mainstream media.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
The idea that this is pneumonic I think is going to fall apart very soon. Once the research hits the mainstream; this is a blood disease regarding oxygenation and NOT a respiratory disease regarding oxygenation, we can treat the cause and not the symptons.

I think if doctors weren’t prohibited from using CPAP machines to mitigate the need for last-resort ventilators, we would find they would save a lot of lives.

88% of patients on ventilators have died.

All to protect healthcare workers from possible exposure via CPAP machines. It’s criminal.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Question... People are still out shopping, having parties, gathering in places with more than 10 people, handling money that went through hundreds of hands in the same few days, touching items at the store that haven't been disinfected, etc.. What makes you think the virus isn't spreading just like it would in normal America? I work with 8 people who were sent home with the virus, 3 had underlying health conditions, and all survived with minimal side effects.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I think if doctors weren’t prohibited from using CPAP machines to mitigate the need for last-resort ventilators, we would find they would save a lot of lives.

88% of patients on ventilators have died.

All to protect healthcare workers from possible exposure via CPAP machines. It’s criminal.

According to "unverified" research the issue is with the blood not being able to take up oxygen due to hemoglobin deficiencies.

The novel coronavirus pneumonia (COVID-19) is an infectious acute respiratory caused by the novel coronavirus. The virus is a positive-strand RNA virus with high homology to bat coronavirus. In this study, conserved domain analysis, homology modeling, and molecular docking were used to compare the biological roles of specific proteins of the novel coronavirus. The results showed that some viral structural and nonstructural proteins could bind to the porphyrin, respectively. At the same time, orf1ab, ORF10 and ORF3a proteins coordinated to attack heme on the 1-beta chain of hemoglobin, dissociating iron to form porphyrin. Deoxyhemoglobin is more vulnerable to virus attacks than oxidized hemoglobin. The attack will cause less and less hemoglobin that can carry oxygen and carbon dioxide, producing symptoms of respiratory distress. Virus attack damaged many organs and tissues. Lung cells are toxic and inflammatory due to derivatives produced by the attack, which eventually resulted in ground-glass-like lung images. Capillaries easily broken due to inflammation. Proteins such as fibrinogen filled the capillaries' cracks through the coagulation reaction. Therefore, many fibrin and thrombus gathered in the lung tissue of critically ill patients. The mechanism also interfered with the normal heme anabolic pathway of the human body, expecting to result in human disease. This paper is only for academic discussion, the correctness of the theory needs to be confirmed by other experiments. According to the reader's suggestion, the content of the drug-related efficacy analysis has been deleted. Due to the side effects of drugs, please consult a qualified doctor for detailed treatment information, and do not take the drug yourself. We look forward to these discoveries bringing more ideas to people and inspiring people's confidence in defeating the virus.

TIMELINE

Covid19 article on xarchiv

This is a small recap of a much longer article I believe.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

This is hard to swallow when we hear every death is recorded as Covid, so now any one who comes in with complications like brain swelling are now labeled automatically as victims of Covid-19.

If you go into the hospital because you had a stroke and you test positive for covid, then Covid is the cause of your stroke.

It’s not making sense. Unless this is a Frankenstein flu that was created in a lab that can do all this type of damage to individuals.

Another Scenario: Vaccines are know to have some adverse side effects, and can even cause permanent damage. If these kids got recently vaccinated then they had a bad reaction we would never know. Because they tested positive for Covid now only Covid can be the culprit.

....Don’t look at the vaccine or anything other possible reasons. It’s Covid or bust.

edit on 27-4-2020 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2020 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Question... People are still out shopping, having parties, gathering in places with more than 10 people, handling money that went through hundreds of hands in the same few days, touching items at the store that haven't been disinfected, etc.. What makes you think the virus isn't spreading just like it would in normal America? I work with 8 people who were sent home with the virus, 3 had underlying health conditions, and all survived with minimal side effects.

Good for you!!

Other members here have had friends/family die

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Good for you!!

This is very sad to hear and of course condolences are given.

However, and importantly, IF giving the completely wrong treatment is allowed to continue many more will die than the already many who have died unnecessarily, and who wants that?

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I don’t know, doctors are speaking out that if they could use CPAP machines, it would prevent the low oxygen levels they are seeing. I think it is the very best place to start...lift that prohibition:

STAT: Ventilators overused...should be using CPAPs

A respiratory therapist’s take:

Note: I have no way of verifying that man’s credentials but the information he gives on the prohibition on CPAPs does check out.

edit on 4/27/2020 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I had a routine physical about 2 years ago (spouse was going low-sodium due to health issues) and I was told my sodium level was too low.
So I went back to eating the salt level to which I was accustomed, and next check-up it was fine. It's still fine as of January.
A bit later, I had a sudden fever onset at work (in "essential" retail) and took one day off; the first of my 3-year work history there. I had a super sore throat, but no evidence of strep. I worked the next two days, then slept the two that were my days off. Night-time cough was awful. Sore throat subsided. On day six I returned to work. Everyone else promptly experienced the same symptoms. It circulated through our store staff (12 souls), and we kept going.

Was it the plague? I don't know. I like to think so, because it's hard being an "essential" retail front-liner with all this going on.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Observationalist

If you go into the hospital because you had a stroke and you test positive for covid, then Covid is the cause of your stroke.

This, as I understand it, is happening to young adults (20s, 30s). Stroke is rare among that age group.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

The more I read about the virus in its present incarnation the more the oxygen inhibition caused by hemoglobin not being able to accept oxygen makes sense. Of course ventilators can help in these situations, just not in the way they are being used i.e. trying to expland lungs rather than promote oxygen absorbance.

People would be better off with hyperbaric tents it seems.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Good for you!!

This is very sad to hear and of course condolences are given.

However, and importantly, IF giving the completely wrong treatment is allowed to continue many more will die than the already many who have died unnecessarily, and who wants that?

I agree, this thing is still in it's infancy, hopefully they can figure it out. Basically, you are just better off not catching it now.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join