It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California bans protests at state Capitol after opposition to Gov. Gavin Newsom’s coronavirus stay

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Just days after hundreds of protesters converged on the state Capitol to oppose Gov. Gavin Newsom’s stay-home order, the California Highway Patrol said it won’t issue permits for further demonstrations on state property anywhere in California.

“In the interest of public safety and the health of all Californians during the COVID-19 pandemic, effective immediately the California Highway Patrol will deny any permit requests for events or activities at all state facilities, to include the state Capitol, until public health officials have determined it is safe to gather again,” CHP Officer John Ortega told The Chronicle.

BREAKING: California BANS the right to assemble. 23 Apr 2020

And here it is. A blatant attack on the First Amendment, by law enforcement. If this isn't proof enough of martial law/police state/tyranny/fascism, I don't know what else is.
edit on 4/23/2020 by semperfortis because: Copy the Exact Headline

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: rounda

I fully agree with getting back to work. But people willing to even subject themselves they feel is made up deserves a Darwin Award.
Good riddance I say

+20 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Again,

TITLE 18, U.S.C., SECTION 242

"Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States, ... shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if bodily injury results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnaping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death."

Until Martial Law is officially declared, the Constitution is the supreme law of the land and NOTHING supersedes that.
edit on 4/23/2020 by EternalShadow because: ETA

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 04:10 AM
link   

They should have rounded them all up and quarentined them for 14 days. Or, at least that is what I would have done, unless I was in a bad mood...
If I was in a bad mood, after hearing their.. "we have the right to work" a couple of times, they would all be given a choice spend 30 days in a virus ridden jail or 30 days working for minimum wage harvesting the crops and getting the food to the people.

+31 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

According to the LAW I cited above, that would be kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap.

So apparently you're all for Martial Law, I take it?

Your fear of a virus is justification to sink the entire ship...

"Good god, please help us.."

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 04:16 AM
link   

This could get interesting.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

And yet, i bet many of the same "but my rights" people wholeheartedly approve when it comes to seizing peoples land for a border wall.. I always thought that somewhere in the constitution there was some kind of protection for property rights.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

Right?

(Here we are again, lol.)

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Tell that to the California Fuzz. lol

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 04:21 AM
link   

So you're saying you're for fascism and tyranny?

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

And yet, i bet many of the same "but my rights" people wholeheartedly approve when it comes to seizing peoples land for a border wall.. I always thought that somewhere in the constitution there was some kind of protection for property rights.

I don't presume to speak for everyone, but I certainly don't approve of that.

We lost allodial title many years ago. That was the backstop to forced appropriation.

"No mas", unfortunately.
edit on 4/23/2020 by EternalShadow because: correction, eta

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I think it has more to do with not wanting to subject themselves to a great depression where many more people will die from malnutrition than a virus.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Whose land?

If my land was being used for human and drug trafficking, I'd let the government build a wall for me.

I can see it now... illegal alien trips over a rock on my land just after crossing the border, finds a liberal lawyer, sues the # outta me.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 04:29 AM
link   

No, it just means I can get rather mean when my patience is run out.. and, when the big fishies sitting at the top of the food chain dont give a crap about what the law says and face no repercussions, why should the little fishies.

We have so many "essential jobs" open where I am at shouldnt be anyone griping that they cant work...
And, most of these jobs are paying more than minimum wage.
The crops need to be harvested, we have people screaming that they want to work.. and, I cant think of anything more essential than food. Seems like a match made in heaven..

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 04:37 AM
link   

You honestly can't see the "funneling" effect your comment implies?

Where's the freedom of choice, self determination, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?

Those ideals are not "essential" anymore??

Sounds to me like your just a few steps away from a "Worker's Party" implementation initiative.

Scary stuff.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 04:46 AM
link   

One person invested a ton of money into building a golf course...just to have them come and build a wall through the middle of it. Another person's property had been in their family since the time before it was a part of the US. They now have a wall separating them from their family cemetary. Another one, well, all their property was just beyond the wall. A fire broke out in their barn.. they could hear the firetrucks going back and forth on the highway, trying to find a way into where they were at. All their animals burned to death as they searched for a way in..
Guess they should just be happy that it wasnt their house

Eminent domain is really badly abused in this country. Healthy businesses are killed for the benefit a some politicians buddy all the time. Homes are taken. I dont care what you want to build, unless it's a bunch of empty condemned buildings, I will always stand on the side of the property owners..

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Well, all they have to do is admit that their unhappiness isnt revolving around their desire to work. That there is more to it.

And, I am serious, the crops need to be harvested and make their way to the grocery or preserved in some way.
If the farmers around me start having the same problem, I'll probably be trying to make a deal with them, sending my kids into their fields to pick some to buy from them and getting a food dehydrator and dry and freeze as much as I can.. if i was living in California I would be doing that before i would be out gathering in large crowds screaming about "my rights". You ain't gonna be able to eat your rights when the grocery shelves are bare.

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 05:21 AM
link   

So let get this straight, because I'm serious too.

Picking crops and tending fields supersedes the Bill of Rights because we can't serve those rights with a baked potato and a side salad, hold the ranch?

Seriously??

Is that all it takes?

I'm beginning to believe that you personally, and those that share your attitude, don't deserve to have any rights because you sure aren't interested in preserving or fighting for them.

You're only concern is your own limited and narrow self interests, whereas those folks were out there protesting for everyone.

But yeah, let's mock them and call them idiots for doing so regardless of the risks.

"Let's lock them up, I hope they die, good riddance, another Darwin award...."

Shame on you and others of the same mindset.

Cowards....the whole lot of you.

I'm sorry, but it is what it is.

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 05:39 AM
link   

If I was in a bad mood, after hearing their.. "we have the right to work" a couple of times, they would all be given a choice spend 30 days in a virus ridden jail or 30 days working for minimum wage harvesting the crops and getting the food to the people.

Imagine thinking someone wanting to work and pay their mortgage and maliciously infecting people is the same thing.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   
California has all but eliminated the second, which was put in place to protect the first- and the rest.

Most of its saw this coming, we just didnt know how soon or under what conditions.

Without the second they've lost the first, and likely won't be getting it back.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join