It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California bans protests at state Capitol after opposition to Gov. Gavin Newsom’s coronavirus stay

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

At least I had a husband before I had kids and we raised them together. Unlike so many in the younger generations.

But, by what I heard yesterday, economically speaking, we seem to be about the same place we were at after the last housing crash. I dont see much difference to my advice that people find an alternative way to earn money than what was given back then. If want you do is seen as non-essential and you cant work at home, find yourself an essential job, or something you can do at home.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar
It was a college golf course

The farms have gates

Both pre Trump

Anything else

edit on 24-4-2020 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

No, it wasnt a college golf course.
And. What does it matter if its pretrump or trump, which there are two golf courses.. one has been, the other is in the process. But, if you support the wall, then you are supporting tyranny.. you support the stripping away of a business owners means of financial support. You are supporting the removal of landowners right to move freely on their own property. You are doing exactly the same thing that you are now griping about, for really the same motive... a false sense of security from a overhyped threat..

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   

From your point of view, I take it you view all uses of eminent domain as tyranny then? When the government takes land to build a school or road? Those are likewise tyranny? Or is it just tyranny when the government uses it to do things you disapprove of?

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   
When are these people going to be replaced by more Trumps?

You know Trump's election, was a direct result of people being tired of this puppet master BS?

Sooner or later, someone is going to craft a plan to sway us from this style, if the current arsehats aren't careful.

Their direct inability to be a public servant, is going to be the downfall of us all...

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

First, people have to stop being so scared that they keep cheering from the sidelines like barking seals.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: mikell

No, it wasnt a college golf course.
And. What does it matter if its pretrump or trump, which there are two golf courses.. one has been, the other is in the process. But, if you support the wall, then you are supporting tyranny.. you support the stripping away of a business owners means of financial support. You are supporting the removal of landowners right to move freely on their own property. You are doing exactly the same thing that you are now griping about, for really the same motive... a false sense of security from a overhyped threat..

Tyranny??? Do you even understand what would NOT have been built without eminent doman laws and where that would have left you?

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

My point is, I could be asking you the same thing..
If Ebola was running through your state, would you consider it tyranny for the govt to tell the people to stay home, close down at least some businesses, ect?

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

All of your replies are completely selfish and based on your own narrow experiences.

Can you step back and think not everyone does or wants to live life the way you do or did?

Now you're better than single mothers?

No matter what the situation....you're better....or have a better way....

Got it.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

My point is, I could be asking you the same thing..
If Ebola was running through your state, would you consider it tyranny for the govt to tell the people to stay home, close down at least some businesses, ect?

Explain to me again how COVID-19 is Ebola. Not only that, but Ebola spreads in a completely different manner than COVID-19 does. We would need very different control protocols to contain it. Contact tracing and quarantine of individuals would work much better with a disease like Ebola which is infectious after symptom onset and does not spread through the air, but only through body fluids.

You wouldn't need to shut down the entire country.

In fact, the limiting of flights/travel from an infected region would be mostly sufficient to stop the spread of such a disease.
edit on 24-4-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Explain to me how a wall is the same as a school or highway system?
According to yous, it is tyranny for the govt to restrict your movement or means of income.
Building the border wall does these things.
Of course we wouldnt have an interstate highway system if the govt hadn't infringed on peoples rights to get the land to build it... but still, I imagine lots of businesses were sacrificed and lots of people were forced to give up property. It seems that such "tyranny" is acceptable in some circumstances. And, you seem to admit that when you go through your lecture of how ebola is different and I get the impression that if an outbreak of ebola broke out across one state, it would be fine by you if travel from that state to another was restricted.
And, the whole country isnt shut down. I'm not even sure "shut down" is the proper term for it when places like McDonalds and pizza hut are considered essential.

It seems to be more of us being able to determine just where something falls on a scale. Some think that the risk of illegal immigrants crossing the border justifies seizing land and building a wall.. they have big concerns about the people crossing the border and since there will be very few at least in their orbit that will be affected by the land seizure they are okay with it.
Well, I doubt if the illegal immigrants ever killed close to 50,000 americans in a three month timeframe. So when if comes to our scale, this virus is off the charts as as risks, add the strain having it run unchecked through the population, and ya, the virus overshadows illegals by the boatloads. It is weather or not that risk is overshadowed by the amount of sacrifice they are demanding that is in question. A person I know in NY has a son who is a doctor working in a downstate hospital... it's not in the city. His job is to hook people up to these ventilators. He is telling his mom that unless you just cant breathe, dont bother going to the er. The virus might not be stressing out your healthcare system, but it is in other places and you wont know it it is gonna hit yours badly till it is too late. There is news today that a few more meat packing plants have been shut down. Some of these plants have resulted in rather large clusters.
I have a problem with the idea that a month or two even, of us being restricted is too much to ask so that we can solve some of the problems we seem to be having.

Get the testing up to par both to enable us to judge weather a person can safely be out in the public and working as well as so we can have some advanced notice that an large outbreak is festering.

Give the healthcare systems the time needed to restock the ppe and drugs that the are low on.

And, put into place measures to ensure employees are protected and have what they need to be protected. That would be my advice, not that it amounts to much.

Or, we can just let georgia and the other states that are just itching to open up be the Guinea pigs and see how they are doing in about a months time...

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Oh, I am sure no one would really want to live thier life the way I did...
And, you were rude and insulting to me first.
As far as selfish goes? Sorry, but i see people who think not having a few grey roots on their head is worth risking lives as selfish.
I see churches who would tell women that church isnt necessary if it means not obeying their husband but then turn around and claim it is a commandment from god even during a pandemic as not only being hypocritical but having a major flaw in their doctrine.
There is more that I could say, but then, the rudeness and insults would be flying out of my mouth again.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: EternalShadow
No, there's something I read somewhere that keeps them from denying free speech and assembly...I just can't put my finger on it...🙄

That doesn't answer my question, as my question was about the permits.

Exactly. Your question is a cheeky attempt to get me and others to view the issuance of "permits" as valid in regards to free speech and assembly, or to any other right contained in the Constitution.

That's an oxymoron, yet it's been accepted by the masses of dumbed down, "do gooders" who stand behind their oppressors with misplaced conviction and willful ignorance/apathy.

Next, I'll expect you to use the "permit" process of the 2nd Amendment as an example. 🙄

Your statist mindset is so predictable its utterly boring and completely distractive. That's why my answer was partially ignoring your supposedly clever and misleading question.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I knew it as soon as I saw those pics!

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Exactly. Your question is a cheeky attempt to get me and others to view the issuance of "permits" as valid in regards to free speech and assembly, or to any other right contained in the Constitution.

No, that's your interpretation of the reasons behind my question.

My intention was to know if, seeing that permits are (apparently) required, is there something that can force them to issue those permits or not.

Next, I'll expect you to use the "permit" process of the 2nd Amendment as an example. 🙄

You are wrong, as I don't even know what that is.

Your statist mindset is so predictable its utterly boring and completely distractive. That's why my answer was partially ignoring your supposedly clever and misleading question.

You assume too much about me.

My intention was to know if there's something that, once permits are needed, if it's possible to circumvent or go against the need for a permit, because if the law of that particular state requires a permit to exercise the right of peaceful demonstration (or whatever name they use in the US for that), then any possible circumventing of the constitution already happened when they made those permits necessary.

PS: Try not to assume much about other people, that's a sure way of failing.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   

It is not tyranny for a government to control its borders and ensure its domestic security.

Now if we were talking about building a wall to contain California and its citizens, we'd be having a conversation of two likes. We'd be talking about the government restricting the movement of its own citizens.

Canada and Mexico have every right to restrict our free movement into their nations, and so does every other nation in the world. In fact, you can't just up and move to places like Australia or New Zealand like you can to Alabama or Oregon because those countries actually restrict and control their borders.

The wall is simply a more tangible step in controlling a border people have been walking across to disappear into this country illegally. Since we have long ago figured out that you people scream, whine, and cry when we find people who have done this, stolen citizens' identities in order to make under the table lives for themselves and then attempt to send them home, the wall is an attempt to keep them from ever coming here illegally in the first place.

But we get it, you don't think anyone should be prevented from coming here, no matter what, no matter who they are. And when you think anyone, anywhere in the world ought to just be a de facto American if they want to pull up stakes and move them here, this conversation gets really difficult to have because there is a fundamental difference between us on that score.

Not everyone in the world is American just because they want to come here. There is an immigration process and it needs to be legally followed, and if it's not, they aren't, not even if they weasel their way across the border, drop a kid or two and live here for 20 years before we catch up to them.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Coronavirus lockdowns were a failure

Top Israeli prof claims simple stats show virus plays itself out after 70 days

Isaac Ben-Israel, who is not a medical expert, says analysis worldwide shows new cases peaking after about 40 days, slams economic closures; leading doctor dismisses his claims

A prominent Israeli mathematician, analyst and former general claims simple statistical analysis demonstrates that the spread of COVID-19 peaks after about 40 days and declines to almost zero after 70 days — no matter where it strikes, and no matter what measures governments impose to try to thwart it. Prof Isaac Ben-Israel, head of the Security Studies program in Tel Aviv University and the chairman of the National Council for Research and Development, told Israel’s Channel 12 (Hebrew) Monday night that research he conducted with a fellow professor, analyzing the growth and decline of new cases in countries around the world, showed repeatedly that “there’s a set pattern” and “the numbers speak for themselves.” While he said he supports social distancing, the widespread shuttering of economies worldwide constitutes a demonstrable error in light of those statistics. In Israel’s case, he noted, about 140 people normally die every day. To have shuttered much of the economy because of a virus that is killing one or two a day is a radical error that is unnecessarily costing Israel 20% of its GDP, he charged.

He said the policy of lockdowns and closures was a case of “mass hysteria.” Simple social distancing would be sufficient, he said. If the lockdowns instituted in Israel and elsewhere were not causing such immense economic havoc, there wouldn’t be a problem with them, he said. “But you shouldn’t be closing down the entire country when most of the population is not at high risk.” Asked to explain why the virus had caused such a high death toll in countries such as Italy, he said the Italian health service was already overwhelmed. “It collapsed in 2017 because of the flu,” he said.

Israeli Professor Shows Virus Follows Fixed Pattern

Professor Yitzhak Ben Israel of Tel Aviv University, who also serves on the research and development advisory board for Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, plotted the rates of new coronavirus infections of the U.S., U.K., Sweden, Italy, Israel, Switzerland, France, Germany, and Spain. The numbers told a shocking story: irrespective of whether the country quarantined like Israel, or went about business as usual like Sweden, coronavirus peaked and subsided in the exact same way. In the exact, same, way. His graphs show that all countries experienced seemingly identical coronavirus infection patterns, with the number of infected peaking in the sixth week and rapidly subsiding by the eighth week.

The Wuhan Virus follows its own pattern, he told Mako, an Israeli news agency. It is a fixed pattern that is not dependent on freedom or quarantine. “There is a decline in the number of infections even [in countries] without closures, and it is similar to the countries with closures,” he wrote in his paper.

“Is the coronavirus expansion exponential? The answer by the numbers is simple: no. Expansion begins exponentially but fades quickly after about eight weeks,” Professor Yitzhak Ben Israel concluded. The reason why coronavirus follows a fixed pattern is yet unknown. "I have no explanation,” he told Mako, “There are is kinds of speculation: maybe it's climate-related, maybe the virus has its own life cycle.”

But what about Italy and their staggering 12% mortality rate? “The health system in Italy has its own problems. It has nothing to do with coronavirus. In 2017 it also collapsed because of the flu,” Professor Yitzhak Ben Israel told the news agency. Indeed, Italy’s exceptionally high coronavirus mortality rate is eerily reminiscent of their unusually high flu mortality rates. Supportive of this theory, Germany, has low flu infection and mortality rates and similarly low coronavirus rates.

Professor Yitzhak Ben Israel concludes in his analysis summary paper that the data from the past 50 days indicates that the closure policies of the quarantine countries can be replaced by more moderate social distancing policies. The numbers simply do not support quarantine or economic closure.

Professor Yitzhak Ben Israel has mathematically shown us that coronavirus closures were a mistake. It's a tough reality. Americans lost their jobs and businesses went under because the United States, along with most first world nations, acted on the chilling predictions of a severely flawed model, a reading of Professor Ferguson’s tarot cards. Hindsight is 20/20, so we have to be realistic with our criticism. President Trump did not want 2.2 million Americans to die and did what he thought was necessary to save our lives, relying on a model his advisors told him was trustworthy. It's done. It happened. But it doesn't mean that he should continue the course.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

PS: Try not to assume much about other people, that's a sure way of failing.

Failing at what?

You could have researched this yourself if your so interested in these "permits".

I'm not interested in permits, or the process as it pertains to our Bill of Rights. If you haven't figured that out yet over the course of our FIVE interactions as of now, I don't know what to tell you.

Did you even read USC Title 18, s. 242?

I'm in the process now of filing a lawsuit.

I've had enough discussions and distractions. I'm going to do something about it. I don't care if I'm the only one either, this can't be tolerated any further.

It will confirm for me if the People still have standing in this country, or it's all just a huge sick joke.

I hope you get an answer to your specific question. Most likely it will come from one of the many sheep that consider rights to be pliable when it comes to their own selfish and self centered views on how things "should be", instead of what the LAWS clearly state.
edit on 4/26/2020 by EternalShadow because: correction, eta

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Failing at what?

Failing in your interpretation of other people's words and intentions.

You could have researched this yourself if your so interested in these "permits".

I'm not that interested, so I asked those that, supposedly, know about it.

Did you even read USC Title 18, s. 242?

I haven't. I'm going to read it now.

I'm in the process now of filing a lawsuit.

I've had enough discussions and distractions. I'm going to do something about it. I don't care if I'm the only one either, this can't be tolerated any further.

Good luck.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Having read 18 U.S. Code § 242, I don't think it applies in this case, as it appears to be applied to using different laws and punishments "on account of such person being an alien, or by reason of his color, or race".

But I'm not a lawyer, and although I'm used to read and interpret Portuguese laws, I'm not used to USs "legalese".

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join