It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 6

page: 164
<< 161  162  163    165  166  167 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

Good one on having the jab.
Keep us updated as how you feel.
it will probably feel like a regular flu jab, but a direct opinion is always welcome

If you're going to be a 'guinea pig', you may as well be a 'well-informed' one

My demographic isn't due the jab for a good while yet, so it will be good to see how it affects others, and have scientific feedback.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
It should be safe, there is always a chance for shenanigans and once they pick which one we’re getting of course I’ll update.

What’s truly amazing is that they were able to do this. Creating an RNA construct that encodes for viral proteins while protecting it for delivery to ribosomes and ensuring it never encounters or interferes with our processes in the nucleus. What’s really cool about it is that they prevent degradation by the cell. Our cells break down RNA via a whole slew of other RNAs to prevent viruses and other unwanted RNA from being translated to potentially dangerous proteins.

If it works as intended, in theory, it should be safer. No viral subunits, no viral vectors on weakened or unable to replicate virus, no attenuated virus and no dead virus. Instead we give the immune system the plan for attack, what the virus or viral proteins will look like and do when it’s getting ready to bind to our cells so the immune system has a huge advantage. It’s like giving battle plans from an invader to a defending army. Our cells will know exactly where to hit the virus, plus when our cells do get infected additional avenues of attack will be generated. All our cells have to do is build the protein and they will express it via receptors outside the cell. This will then be handed off to immune cells and they will do what they do and we get humoral immunity.

There is still potentially the antibody issue and maybe potential for autoimmune issues. As long as everything is encoded and expressed properly, it should be fine. There could be issues with how long the cells express the protein or if the wrong cells express the protein from the RNA. It may also cause a nasty systemic inflammatory response or autoantibodies in those with certain genetic predispositions.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Numbers Update for Europe, and Elsewhere :

New Deaths :

New Cases :

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Numbers Update for Europe, and Elsewhere :

New Deaths :

New Cases :

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Time to ask what are the real numbers for Active Sars-cov-2 in your area?

How many cycles does the labs in your Area do? How many times has your medical staff came on an given advice about preventive measures?

Listen to Fauci from July saying you can’t culture live virus above 35, it’s just dead RNA - and yet governments bases public imprisonment rules on this fraud.

twitter.com...

Are we being lied too? Is the reason for not using preventive and early treatment options like Ivermectin because they need the deaths to push the injection. History shows us this generation, that are dying now 65-100, have been sacrificed many time in needless conflicts since WWII.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2

Maybe this will help and it looks like it is because of sensitivity. What stinks is that CT values aren’t included in test results, I do know it is challenging to come up with acceptable standards when many different types of equipment are being used. They have similar problems with cell sorting, fluorescence resonance and other types of tests performed on microorganisms.

Your Coronavirus Test is Positive. Maybe It Shouldn’t Be.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Well, there we have it London and surrounds into new tier 4! Complete lockdown because of this new variant.
Rest of us can only have Christmas Day to mix with one other family group...the other 4 days are cancelled.
Bah humbug!

(Sorry no link as only just announced)

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Yeah, i saw the Boris on TV too.

I was more interested in the details about the "New Strain" thats breeding in SE England.
23 "Variations" largely in the protein.
- Lots of changes in the way it binds to hosts.
- "Looks" Different to the current strains.

- Increase in "Transmissibility", as in it transmits fast, and spreads fast.
- No more symptoms as per usual, as yet.
- Might alter immune response, not sure yet.

- No idea if affected/affects the current vaccines, yet.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

Yes, that document helped, and was very clear.
Thank you

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

Yes, your list and what they said at the briefing got me questioning it. If Porton Down are looking into it and if so far, as Boris claims, that we seem to be the only place it is (I think I heard him right) it raises more questions besides wondering if in fact this is something completely new and just has similarities to Coronaviruses. Time will tell...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Thank you MonkeyBalls2 for the updates! And all of the posters! I rely on your inputs for up to date info.

I had stepped away from these COVID-19 UPDATE threads for awhile (6 months), but I think the hammer is dropping on my area Monday (Southern Ontario) for new lockdowns. I look forward to continue participating in these threads.

Again, I appreciate it.

edit on 19-12-2020 by UFO1414 because: speling

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

It's still a coronavirus, just mutated enough to be different.

This is the closest i could get on Nexstrain for Europe.
this is from London on 3rd December (top right corner) :

See it as more of an example, as I'm sure the 'real' strain will be uploaded shortly.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Yeah, thanks for your input.

I stepped more into the latest findings regarding medically, what works, what doesn't.

I do, however appreciate being able to look at the latest stats you post on this thread.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: maya27

I'm happy to keep posting when I can.

I'm refraining from looking at the daily news feeds lately, as they go very fast now, and don't have very uplifting news.
Don't need a constant reminder of the 'downer' it is right now.

Got two driveshafts changed on the passat though, during this offtime.
Just have to hope it hops through emissions.
There is a bright side after all

edit on 19-12-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added "news"

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I agree, it isn't very uplifting news.

Glad you are managing to get some results on the Passat though.

I hope you have a Cheerful time over the holiday period.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Hoorah, bonkers Xmas festivities cancelled in plague ridden London and SE England. Not a moment too soon!

Personally I’ve been listening to the majority of scientists (as well my common sense) screaming for a few weeks (a few months if I’m honest) that Xmas needs to be cancelled. To my mind anyone that thought otherwise was indulging their familial desire (not in a dodgy way) at the expense of the most rudimentary reasoning.

I’m truly no humbug, nor a Scrooge fanboy. I love Xmas and all the comforting traditions and kitsch affectations it offers. But the Sesame Street word of the year is ‘priorities’... ffs. There’s far more folk (and far smarter folk) than I’d ever have wagered before this pandemic who really need to get them straight.

Theories abound about the ‘whys’ of Boris’ sudden u-turn. But who cares why that buffoon has seen sense? Surely sense was already plain to see that mixing at this time had better than even odds of causing a lot of avoidable deaths in January (not to mention the long lockdown that will trigger)

People are pead-off that he left this to the last minute. Well, imo anyone who’d thought it made sense to lock down for months, but then if we did the opposite for a few days over Xmas the virus would take a break are getting no sympathy from my corner over having to change their dumb ar$e plans.

Some of those people, who have never entertained conspiracy theories in the past are now embracing the notion that Boris is doing it for this or that reason - that there’s really no threat from a new strain, or spike - it’s all made up! People that always took the position that conspiracies are for the feeble minded are now telling each other that they can still do their Xmas get together because this time it’s a CONSPIRACY!!!

Funny how that happens, isn’t it?

So, what are the main ‘I CAN STILL DO XMAS BECAUSE ITS ALL A CONSPIRACY’ contenders?

Could the fear of a post Xmas spike have caused number 10 to invent, or vastly exaggerate this strain in order to mitigate the spike that was always inevitable post Xmas? Without this new strain it was clear he needed to reverse his Xmas tier relaxation decision. But this new strain makes it far less embarrassing for him to make this u-turn. Now he can say it’s because of ‘new information’... New information, my ar$e - the writings been on the wall since October, or even earlier.

Or, perhaps the scientists have given up on Boris doing the right thing and invented/exaggerated this strain to force his hand. If so they deserve medals!

Another possibility is that this new-strain alert is merely the latest dead cat chucked onto the table to try and divert from Brexit talks ending this weekend with either a hard Brexit, or a bad deal for the U.K. That headline will now be diminished - all but lost among the slew of bah-humbug whinging scores of selfish Brits bemoaning the lost opportunity to infect their folks over turkey giblets. Boris will be preying that the newspapers gorge on the catharsis of this national tinsel-trimmed tragedy, relegating Brexit to a byline.

And the real tin foil theory - that the new strain is a ploy to convince those many who are on the fence about taking the vaccine that they should get in line immediately for the jab...

If true that could be entirely benevolent; if you believed the vaccine was safe and possibly humanity’s only chance to survive, then wouldn’t you lie to make people take it? I would!

...Or, dum-dum-dummmm, tptb are desperate for the masses to get their depopulating jab before for our viral species make the Petri dish beyond inhabitable, which might put a downer on their 2022 bohemian grove party plans.

For what it’s worth, my meaningless vote goes to the least conspiratorial version of events: Boris is infamous for avoiding meetings and I imagine the hardline of the scientists in this recent meeting was quite the kick up the backside for him; he looked pretty unnerved in that briefing. My guess is that the new strain is real, the post Xmas spike and resulting lockdown was always real and the scientists have finally had the face to face opportunity to shake Boris awake from his little Brexit catastrophe to the reality of a far greater catastrophe rolling in on the Yuletide.

Worst case scenario is that, none of the above being mutually exclusive, we start 2021 with all of them... Brexit totally bollocksed up, scientists having to lie to a government they no longer trust and their desperate new-strain spin manifesting.

Btw, I wonder what the odds might’ve been that a far more infectious new strain would appear just after effective vaccines are announced. If that is not simply coincidence, then the question would be who has the most to lose from a successful vaccine?

A foreign power; China may be annoyed that the west could recover before they’ve had a chance to take over the world (economically of course).

A competing big pharma (or state sponsored pharma) may be annoyed that someone else got there first.

Maybe alien or divine powers are annoyed that their planetary colonic-cleanser project might be cut short...

Whatever the whacked out reason, if this were foul play would it even be possible for a new strain to be artificially introduced to a pandemic stricken populace. My completely uninformed opinion would be, yeah, easy-peasy!

edit on 20-12-2020 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

Good post and as you say all are plausible scenarios.
I also wonder if Boris' 'discomfort' was due to back bench pressure. History repeats itself, when your backbenchers start 'revolting' you know one of the front benchers are after your position.

Keeping to the OP here is an interesting short video interview with Dr Andrew Wakefield, remember him? It's on Facebook and I can't find another link being a bit computer illiterate.
RNA vaccine explained

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Great video! Wakefield is an articulate speaker and here he’s not getting in specifics that can be manipulated by him to fit his agenda. It’s in broad terms and therefore it should be easy for an expert to debunk. However, I’d guess that he won’t be debunked, because he’s already been made a pariah. Moreover because this probably can’t be debunked. That this is indeed genetic engineering without any data to predict long term effects.

That doesn’t mean there will be long term effects. And besides, it may well become a gamble we simply have to take. But the stakes and possibilities are being ignored, as this mass genetic experiment takes place. Much study will come from having a global database of test subjects and a few medical breakthroughs may well result. But many may become chronically and debilitatingly sick in the process.

I had about a dozen vaccines of all kinds within a 1 month period in the late 90s because I was going backpacking around the world for a year (don’t know if any were RNA - immune modifiers - or if they even existed in the mainstream back then). Within a couple of years I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder and I can testify that it’s no fun. I went quickly from being extremely fit, doing well in regional athletics, to having many of the long Covid symptoms now in the news. Life plans are scaled back and activities greatly diminished. Did the vaccines cause it? No way of knowing, but it if I could turn back the clock I’d not have taken them - at least not as many.

Wakefield makes a good case that there’s even-odds that such changes could well lie in the future of many millions, if not billions worldwide.
It’s a devil and the deep blue sea scenario with no good options.

Hopefully TheAMEDDDoc will watch the vid and enlighten us. I’d love to hear a good reason why Wakefield’s fears won’t manifest.

edit on 20-12-2020 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

I am reminded of the Thalidomide injection way back in 50'2/60's.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Link to Paper about New Strain of Covid in UK

Preliminary genomic characterisation of an emergent SARS-CoV-2 lineage in the UK defined by a novel set of spike mutations

From Guardian live Stream at 13h35 local UK time.

new topics

top topics

<< 161  162  163    165  166  167 >>

join