It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 6

page: 140
<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Timezones

Worldometer is Europe, BNO is USA, and don't update till much later that Worldometers.

BNO is mainly to have a second comparison for the Total number of cases.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

Yeah, its crack of dawn stuff, but at least there are very few other travellers at that time in the morning.

Quite a lot of countries are talking more about the economy, than the medical side.
UK for sure, Boris is all out to get people back to work, and back in their offices.

Here, Macron and Co are having a meeting about it this weekend iirc.
Its not just the Politicians fault though.

The company I work for could very easily have 90% + of it's staff working from home.
They are still going to try and require that people come into the Office.

Also, every single day this week there were people flouting the Mask rules and gathering for Coffee after lunch...
Either they don't beleive, or just don't give a F*** ? Who knows.
It does show contempt for fellow employees though.

Just have to remember who they are, and keep away from them...(not from our side of the building thankfully.).

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Numbers Update for Europe, and Elsewhere (BNO has stopped updating again, see below) :

BNO :

www.worldometers.info...
bnonews.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Sweden is doing quiet good no new cases
How bad is covid really? (A Swedish doctor’s perspective)

Covid hit Stockholm like a storm in mid-March. One day I was seeing people with appendicitis and kidney stones, the usual things you see in the emergency room. The next day all those patients were gone and the only thing coming in to the hospital was covid. Practically everyone who was tested had covid, regardless of what the presenting symtom was. People came in with a nose bleed and they had covid. They came in with stomach pain and they had covid.

Then, after a few months, all the covid patients disappeared. It is now four months since the start of the pandemic, and I haven’t seen a single covid patient in over a month.

My highlight,

Seems they have achieved something that elsewhere doesn't want to talk about.

Has anyone seen any good local news lately?

In total covid has killed under 6,000 people in a country of ten million. A country with an annual death rate of around 100,000 people. Considering that 70% of those who have died of covid are over 80 years old, quite a few of those 6,000 would have died this year anyway. That makes covid a mere blip in terms of its effect on mortality.

edit on 8-8-2020 by puzzled2 because: missed a bit

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2

Sweden as a death rate of 570 per million so far.
The US has a death rate of 498 per million so far.

The US has 33 times the number of people as Sweden. We might expect US deaths to exceed 190,000 to date based on these numbers. Had we followed Sweden's lead. All things being equal. Assuming our health care system is on a par with that of Sweden. Assuming the rate of comorbidity factors is the same. Assuming our "natural" social distancing practices are the same.

I'm not sure we should make such assumptions. And I don't think Sweden has much to crow about.

www.worldometers.info...
edit on 8/9/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

Thank you. I should have figured that for myself lol!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 04:02 AM
link   

A situation like this draws a line down society between those prepping the life boats in dangerous waters and those partying in the ballroom in denial.

But I promise the moment the hull is breached those half witted party people will come stampeding out of the ballroom proclaiming their birthright to lifeboat, crushing all those that prepped them underfoot.

Selfish before the flood will be selfish during and after the flood. Have no sympathy and give no quarter to these selfish animals and it might be a better world when the waters subside.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I think those people will find out that the lifeboat has left already, and it didnt wait.

Im not going to confront them or anything, not my job, and not worth the grief.
They are all adults.

Just keep to myself as best as i can, and carry on..

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Civil disobedience seems to be thriving.

Also thriving is irrational behavior driven by fear.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

And irrational behaviour driven by an unearned sense of entitlement fostered by bad role models and junk culture.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2

Just keep to myself as best as i can, and carry on..

Wise... Good luck to you, buddy. But if someone’s in your space putting you at risk it’s not that different to them pulling a knife on you. You don’t know if they’re infected - hell, they don’t know if they’re infected!

More than once I’ve had to tell people to back off in no uncertain terms and no doubt I’ll probably come off worse for it one of these days. But what choice do you have, stand your ground or suck it up? Assume they’ve got it and it’s an easier choice, as in what have you got to lose?

But I don’t wanna come across as billy big balls - there’s been a couple of times where I knew If I protested the group of youths would’ve given me a kicking so I held my breath til I was clear. I guess you got to pick your battles — which takes me full circle back to your very sensible approach - wise words indeed.

edit on 9-8-2020 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Numbers Update for Europe, and Elsewhere (No BNO) :

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

As you say, they don't know if they're infected, neither do we.
Back to the old adage of just supposing 'everyone' potentially has it, and act accordingly.
If you're worried about someone, try and move away, the last thing you want is them ranting in your face.

There will always be some people who refuse, or who have a medical condition.
I saw quite a few people with masks on the train, but not covering the nose.

Anyway, not even mid-way through August yet.
Still very hot here, like it is in the south of the UK, just a few extra degrees more though lol

Also a huge Rave in the central France area (Cevennes iirc), with about 4000 vehicles...

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Very revealing information from the country of Sweden.

twitter.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

If they are correct and it is all but over for them they do have something to crow about. But they aren't.

As for making assumptions as the article isn't about you or the USA it is about a completely different society, of course the outcomes would be different.

With such low numbers per million you must be so grateful to your president, pity about the resist movement stopping him from acting at every point. Numbers would be even lower.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Sweden did well?

They have the 8th worst death rate by population of all countries.

denmark 45th
finland 66th
and norway 77th

So compared to their neighbours they fared a LOT worse.
edit on 10-8-2020 by johnb because: sp

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

Well they know they screwed up with the care homes ( 4,000ish ) and they have a large non-native population.

Which added to the numbers but the figure it is DONE - they will be a few more cases but they feel everyone has had it and their numbers will not change dramatically in the future.

No work out their debt from the lock down -$0 USA $trillions and rising.

As the doctor said the majority of the old patients would have likely died this year of anyway.

Their current weekly average for all cause mortality is trend down by 20-30% which in the mist of pandemic seems good.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2

Which added to the numbers but the figure it is DONE - they will be a few more cases but they feel everyone has had it and their numbers will not change dramatically in the future.

Let’s hope that pans out - it’d be good news for humanity if Covid is his limited when allowed to spread. But it’s all still in play and time will tell for Sweden. Definitely need to keep a close eye on this to discern the spin from the facts; politicians can be self serving the world over - we can all see how the redefining of facts may fool viewers overseas, despite being transparently bogus to the natives. I wonder what Swedish non-partisan news and blogs are saying.

Also, and this is complete guesswork so please forgive me if wrong, but the media has led us to believe that Covid hits ethnic races and overweight people harder. I’m guessing that Sweden is lower on this front than many nations, such as France, the U.K. and the the US. So the same approach may correspondingly yield greater fatalities.

Another factor is strains of Covid! Firstly how has the Swedish method effect strain creation? You’d this Free and surely more rapid community spread would increase strain number. But if it’s run itself out it probably doesn’t, since reinfection would keep the R number high. How does this inform our thoughts about the creation and danger of new strains? Would strains from other nations be a danger to Sweden, or have we overestimated the ability of new strains to reinfect?

But however you look at this it’s good news to see Covid run itself out in a nation. I hope it stays that way.

Edit: btw, I agree with you about their death rate. It looks bad in the ‘hall of infamy’, but by your account if that’s due to mistakes with the initial screw up over care homes, then it’s old news. It’s where they are now - what the R number is and current daily figures that count in terms of strategies for Covid going forward. Assuming that’s correct then if they’d sealed off and protected care homes from the beginning, then they’re total figures would be far lower and make an undeniable case for their approach (so long as all those at higher risk are shielded until Covid runs itself out).

edit on 10-8-2020 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I think when the numbers started to go up in Sweden, the people started to wear masks, socially distance, and stay home as much as possible, without government orders. Basically, they did the things they were supposed to, unlike in the U$A, where even when ordered, people can't seem to take basic precautions.

Any live cam I can find of Sweden shows ghost towns. If they've reached herd immunity though, then yes, they did it right. I expect the numbers will go back up, but hope they do not. It's definitely good that they tried something different.
edit on 10-8-2020 by asdfas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: asdfas

It’s good for them, but that doesn’t mean it’ll work everywhere. They’ve a small population with historically high taxes that you have to assume means they have a good health system.

But that’s a great point about them likely social distancing without needing to be ordered to. It speaks volumes about who’ll survive on this planet if TSHTF. Not necessarily those will all the nukes.

new topics

top topics

<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join