It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 6

page: 123
<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
State wide mandatory wearing of masks this coming Friday for Washington State.

www.seattletimes.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Great UK Government beginning to take vitamin D at last.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Numbers Update for Europe, and Elsewhere (No Bno) :

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Here is an interesting article from 'Inside Higher ED' journal, which discusses their simulations and predictions of how to try to handle it this coming Fall when University Classes resume for college students:

www.insidehighered.com... YyW-opzbWM

They basically are thinking it isn't going to be a very 'social' year at school, with lots of classes online, students wearing masks, and prohibited from gatherings, including a probable prohibition even on social gatherings. They are considering forced quarantines of COVID positive students. It sounds like school won't be much of a party this year, which is kind of a bummer I am sure. That was one of the best parts of being a college student - the parties when exams were done.

edit on 24-6-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: .

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: armakirais
The cases here in Texas are riding fast.

Yes, the fear-mongers are working over time making sure everyone knows it.

Personally, I think the numbers are all made up now... they're just throwing things online for the fear factor.

What do you all think about the reopening.

I think we never should have closed things down. We'd already have achieved herd immunity, the people that are going to die would have already died, and the people that died due to the lockdowns would still be alive.

I have to admit I am more scared now then 3 month ago

Why? The only thing I've been afraid of since thins thing started is the reactions to it - the fear.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Numbers Update for Europe, and Elsewhere (No Bno) :

www.worldometers.info...

edit on 25-6-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
And a couple of updated graphs from John Burn-Murdoch at the Financial Times :

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

A preliminary study of patients hospitalised with Covid-19 has found the disease can damage the brain, causing complications such as stroke, inflammation, psychosis and dementia-like symptoms in some severe cases. The findings are the first detailed look at a range of neurological complications of Covid-19, the researchers said, and underline a need for larger studies to find the mechanisms behind them and assist the search for treatments. “This [is] an important snapshot of the brain-related complications of Covid-19 in hospitalised patients. It is critically important that we continue to collect this information to really understand this virus fully,” said Sarah Pett, a University College London professor who co-led the work. The study, published in the Lancet Psychiatry journal on Thursday, looked in detail at 125 cases from across Britain. Co-lead researcher Benedict Michael, from Liverpool University, said it was important to note that it focused on severe cases.

SOURCE

AS far as the nationwide spike in covid infections 🤦‍♂️ Who really is suprised. Conspiracy? nope, fake? Nope. It’s just the truth revealing itself. Cause. Idiots rioting in the streets. LOL 😂 Los Angeles now has the highest covid cases in the USA 🤦‍♂️ Wonder why folks.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

I think we never should have closed things down. We'd already have achieved herd immunity, the people that are going to die would have already died, and the people that died due to the lockdowns would still be alive.

How well does that herd immunity thing work for influenza or the cold virus?

Say, why doesn't everyone just catch HIV, then? Won't this herd immunity defense work there too?

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rich Z

Irrelevant.

If there is no herd immunity, then... what? Are you suggesting we should all just close all of our businesses and resign ourselves to wearing masks and social distancing for the rest of our lives?

This is, in fact, precisely my point. It is a new virus. We now have to live with it. Period.

Lockdowns haven't done a damned thing except destroy our economy and cause more deaths. States that didn't lock down had far fewer deaths than those that did - you do know that right?

Take your fear-mongering and shove it.

Say, why doesn't everyone just catch HIV, then? Won't this herd immunity defense work there too?

Apparently you are behind the curve. HIV doesn't cause AIDS. Please stop continuing the spread of Fauci fake news.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
wow

glad I kept away from reading this ongoing thread ... some 6 weeks ago

just a bunch of complaining about the farcical 'news' concerning the boldest lie laced virus/disease in history...

what your need to know about COVID19 is summed up in my present signature quotes U can read below this text

edit on th30159318683326532020 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rich Z

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Looks like Sweden's approach of not closing down has worked. Yeah, the curve wasn't flattened as much as other areas, but they rode through it quicker. Same net outcome.

Part of the problem is people don't understand what flattening the curve means. Same net outcome -- spread over time.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Great post!

The death of an old man is never a tragedy.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z

I live with at least 2 virus Herpes and HPV, the former for my whole life and the latter about 10 years ago. I live with them and right now they are in remission, so I'm happy.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

And you knew he risks before you exposed yourself to those viruses I hope. If covid19 turns out to be something that never really goes away, people need to know that so they can weigh the risks. I will tell you one thing. I wouldn't take that risk for some #ty minimum wage job.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Numbers update for Europe, and Elsewhere (No Bno) :

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Toxic hand sanitizer: FDA warns consumers to avoid 9 brands

The Food and Drug Administration released a warning statement on June 19 saying consumers should not buy hand sanitizer products from the Mexico-based manufacturer Eskbiochem. The warning comes after the FDA discovered methanol, or wood alcohol, in these products. Methanol can be dangerous when ingested or absorbed through the skin, and it can be fatal in large quantities. "Methanol is not an acceptable ingredient for hand sanitizers and should not be used due to its toxic effects," the FDA cautions in its letter.

Eskbiochem manufactures several brands of hand sanitizer:
All-Clean Hand Sanitizer
Biochem Hand Sanitizer
CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 75% Alcohol
Lavar 70 Gel Hand Sanitizer
The Good Gel Antibacterial Gel Hand Sanitizer
CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 80% Alcohol
CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 75% Alcohol
CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 80% Alcohol
Saniderm Advanced Hand Sanitizer

The FDA encourages consumers not to buy the above brands of hand sanitizer after FDA testing revealed high methanol concentrations in two Eskbiochem hand sanitizer products, Lavar Gel and CleanCare No Germ.

edit on 26-6-2020 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Corona Virus update: June 27, 2020 Saturday Tokyo time: 9 pm

I’ll start out with some international news and finish up with Japan. The news about the virus is moving very fast. I can only say, try not to travel. When out shopping, try to go when foot traffic is low. Of course we now know about the masks and its importance of wearing one.
Please keep in mind that numbers become real when you, or you know someone comes down with the virus. We all understand that we all are now on the frontline of this invisible contagious virus.
1. MONDRAGONE, Italy -- The governor of a southern Italian region insisted on Friday that residents of an apartment complex quarantine inside for 15 days, not even venturing out to buy food, after dozens of COVID-19 cases among Bulgarian seasonal farm workers and Italians who live there were confirmed.
Wearing a mask to discourage virus spread, Campania Gov. Vincenzo De Luca told reporters that the national civil protection agency should deliver groceries to the estimated 700 occupants of the apartments in Mondragone, a seaside town about 50 kilometers (32 miles) northwest of Naples.
2. YONGSAN GARRISON, South Korea - The U.S. military said Saturday that it will ease anti-coronavirus restrictions for troops and other personnel on this Army garrison in Seoul, but unauthorized travel to the capital from other bases remains off-limits.
The move, which begins at noon Monday, came more than a month after U.S. Forces Korea lifted restrictions for bases elsewhere in South Korea but maintained them for Yongsan because of continued cluster infections there.
3. The number of Defense Department-affiliated personnel diagnosed with COVID-19 this week jumped 18 percent from last week’s numbers, according to the latest data.
That came out to 2,345 new cases this week, up from 1,793 last week. Of this week’s new cases, 1,782 were among troops, a jump of 20-percent over the previous week.
4. The Department of Veterans Affairs this week reached a series of new, grim milestones related to the coronavirus pandemic, including topping 20,000 cases of the fast-spreading illness since the nationwide crisis began.
On Friday, department officials reported that they have recorded at least 20,509 cases of coronavirus among patients since early March, when the outbreak began to spread across the United States. The total represents about 7 percent of all individuals tested in the Veterans Health System.
5. The European Union moved closer to recommending that travelers from the U.S. shouldn’t be allowed to enter the bloc even after July 1, according to a draft decision being considered by governments.
6. THIS IS SOMETHING WE SHOULD BE AWARE OF:
An economic collapse is inevitable. The situation is unlikely to improve either until an effective vaccine appears or the virus changes its "behavior". This is coming from some bigwigs in Russia.

7. According to Dmitry Ovsyannikov, the head of the pediatric department at the RUDN Medical Institute, said that it goes about the coronavirus-related multisystem inflammatory syndrome that affects children. To date, 600 cases of the disease have been reported in patients in the UK, France, the USA and Italy.

8 The US yesterday recorded its third-day running of new cases with more than 45,000 new cases, beating the old record recorded the day before when 40,000 new cases were revealed. Total deaths in the US from the virus is at 125,000 thousand from nearly 2,467,837 cases, more than any other country. In Texas, Florida and Arizona, reopening plans have been paused due to a surge in cases. Health officials in the US estimate the true number of cases is likely to be 10 times higher than the reported figure.

9. Brazil's unrelenting surge continues with 47,000 new cases reported there yesterday bringing the total number of cases to 1,274,974 with 56,000 of them dying. India had its record number of cases yesterday topping almost 20,000. In Europe, France had a spike yesterday just days after an easing of lockdowns. Turkey appears to be heading for a second wave too after the virus appeared to be dwindling there in early June.

10. Globally, there are currently more than 140 vaccines being studied for Covid-19, of which 13 are in the clinical evaluation stage, according to the World Health Organization.
11. India: An inexpensive, widely used steroid dexamethasone was included in the treatment protocols for COVID-19 patients in moderate to severe stages of illness among other therapeutic measures by the Union health ministry on Saturday. The updated protocol includes the advice to use dexamethasone as an alternative choice to methylprednisolone for managing moderate to severe cases of COVID-19.

12. News from Japan's health authorities reported 57 new coronavirus cases and four deaths on Tuesday. The number of confirmed infections stands at 18,034, excluding cases from the Diamond Princess cruise ship.

Japan update :

New coronavirus
So far, a total of 89 people have been announced on the 27th, including 57 in Tokyo, 11 in Saitama, 5 in Chiba, 4 in Kanagawa and Kyoto, and 4 at airport quarantine. .. The number of people confirmed to be infected in Japan was 18,806 including quarantine at the airport, and 712 passengers and crew on cruise ships, for a total of 19,118. In addition, since one person died in Hokkaido, the total number of people who died is 972 people infected in Japan and 13 people on board a cruise ship, totaling 985 people.
According to each municipality, the total number of people confirmed to be infected in Japan
is
▽ 6054 in Tokyo ( a new summer surge is happening now in Tokyo, people again are afraid to take the trains )
▽ 1816 in Osaka
▽ 1453 in Kanagawa ▽ 1222 in Hokkaido ▽
1098 in Saitama
▽ Chiba Is 943
▽ Fukuoka is 845 ( this is still a hot spot )
▽ Hyogo is 705
▽ Aichi is 526
▽ Kyoto is 374
▽ Ishikawa is 300
▽ Toyama is 227
▽ Ibaraki is 172
▽ Hiroshima is 168
Number of people ▽ Gifu prefecture 156 people
▽ Gunma prefecture 152 people
▽ Okinawa prefecture 142 people
▽ Fukui prefecture 122 people
▽ Shiga prefecture 101 people
▽ Nara prefecture 92 people
▽ Miyagi prefecture 92 people
▽ Niigata prefecture 83 people
▽ Fukushima Prefecture 82 people
▽ Shizuoka prefecture 82 people
▽ Ehime prefecture 82 people
▽ Nagano prefecture 77 people
▽ Kochi prefecture 74 people
▽ Yamanashi prefecture 74 people
▽ Yamagata prefecture 69 people
▽ Tochigi prefecture 66 people
▽ Wakayama prefecture 64 people
▽ Oita prefecture 60 people
▽ Kumamoto prefecture 49 people
▽ Saga prefecture 47 people
▽ Mie prefecture 46 people
▽ Yamaguchi prefecture 37 people
▽ Kagawa prefecture 28 people
▽ Aomori prefecture 27 people
▽ Okayama prefecture 26 people
▽ Shimane prefecture 24 people
▽ Nagasaki prefecture 17 people
▽ Miyazaki prefecture 17 people
▽ Akita prefecture 16 people
▽ Kagoshima prefecture 11 people
▽ Tokushima prefecture 6 people
▽ Tottori The prefecture is 3 people.

In addition, 306 people were confirmed to be infected by quarantine at the airport in Tokyo.

I wonder if people in America are being quarantine at the airports?

edit on 0600000014482020-06-27T06:48:14-05:00481406am6 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 0600000055152020-06-27T07:15:55-05:00155506am7 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   

We didn't start testing for COVID-19 until March, and testing didn't ramp up in earnest until a month or two later in most parts of the country. How many cases already existed when the panic set in during mid-March? According to a peer-reviewed study by Penn State, "the number of early COVID-19 cases in the U.S. may have been more than 80 times greater and doubled nearly twice as fast as originally believed."

Link to site

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
We are approaching 10 million cases worldwide with 500k deaths... that's gonna be a 10% mortality rate!

As we are easing lockdowns and after the last few weeks of rioting and protesting, I expect a new rise of infections, it's already beginning in parts of the World.

www.worldometers.info/coronavirus

top topics

<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join