It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus: Ofcom formally probes David Icke TV interview

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Generation9
The entire mainstream media complex is in lockstep. That right there shows you they had it all planned.

Bill Gates is now the King of the World and pushing his digital tattoo into you. That is why the mainstream media has been pushing tattoos for a couple generations. They had all their trendy pop stars getting tattoos so your kids would too. Now they can get the Mark Of The Bill Gates. How cool and trendy and like savey the worldish.

Joe Rogan is now toeing the line his masters have drawn in the hipster video sand. You thought Joe Rogan was uber cool and such a trendy pothead? Nope. Just a shill for the Mark Of The Bill Gates. Old Billy Boy controls the gates now. He'll let you in or out or just toss you in the ovens.

This is all getting to be real obvious real fast.

At this point, the United States is fully waiting for President Trump to do the right thing.

Before some agent of the nanny state deletes another one of my posts....

The idea of casting someone into the oven is an ancient idea. It is buried deep in our consciousness. It is archetypal. Literally, we are born and the sun cooks us until we die. It is deeply archetypal. That is precisely why it triggers you so much, and also why it is chosen as a literary device in so many stories we are told.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Nothing new.

Remember this ?

From October 1988 to September 1994 the voices of representatives from Sinn Féin and several Irish republican and loyalist groups were banned by the British government from being broadcast on television and radio in the United Kingdom

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I'm probably one of the few that enjoys watching him but knows he's completely full of it. I've watched him team up with shaun attwood lately and he's just as amusing as ever.

The problem is an education system that allows these people to look plausible.

It's better that they are in the public eye so that they can be mocked. By censoring them you are only playing into their delusions and strengthening their foolishness.

Now I can't say for sure that lizards do not rule the world, but he doesn't know either.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I get your point but the reasoning and justifications were slightly different; Sinn Fein and their loyalist counterparts were advocating terrorism.
I guess today it would be classified as hate speech.

Its a difficult one; there is no way I would have supported Sinn Fein or UVF etc spouting their hate filled bigotry and vitriol on national TV back in 80's and 90's when they were still actively killing innocent people....but I know it is hypocritical to be selective when it comes to freedom of speech.

I know I'm not perfect and have my failings, what can I say?

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

All true.

But do you think he should be censored or even under investigation?

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I get your point but the reasoning and justifications were slightly different; Sinn Fein and their loyalist counterparts were advocating terrorism. I guess today it would be classified as hate speech.

I hear what you say. However Sinn Fein was and is a legitimate Political Party. We may have not liked the message but this goes to the heart of a democratic society.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

a reply to: Doxanoxa

They want the internet now. They literally want you to be unable to upload to the internet. They can't stand the fact that somebody can speak their mind. You must obey the official narrative, get the tattoo Mark Of The Bill Gates, turn yourself off and then on again each day and reboot yourself to the head or else starve in your prison home. If you're lucky enough to get into a Google Car and access the Google Net then you'll find yourself going down the road to the ovens.

They are going beyond that! Look up the "Earn It" bill that Lindsey Graham and Richard Bloomenthal are working on getting pushed thru. Of course it is being pushed as "to save the children from online predators" yet underneath it all it is to get rid of encryption by giving the government a back door to gather up everything you say and do on the internet.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

I'm probably one of the few that enjoys watching him but knows he's completely full of it.

When he first started coming out with all these things I found him amusing if not slightly bonkers!

But the more I read and listened to him the more I became convinced he was deliberately trying to discredit the whole conspiracy theory scene.
I don't necessarily believe that now but I do think his primary motivation is money.

Now I can't say for sure that lizards do not rule the world, but he doesn't know either

I don't know either, I am a bit of a gambling man and I would literally put every single penny I have, ever have had and ever will have on lizards not ruling the world....but I guess I could be wrong.

edit on 9/4/20 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

A political party whose slogan was 'The ballot and the bomb' and actively and openly supported the I.R.A.

It is more or less accepted that whilst being in Sinn Fein Martin McGuiness and Gerry Adams were also members of the I.R.A. and were even on the I.R.A. Army Council.

Their legitimacy was pretty much wafer thin back then.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Again i hear what you say. And again we may not like the message Sinn Fein voiced at that time.

However, The UK Government never " Proscribed " Sinn Fein which they could well have done. Therefore leaving them free to spread their message. All be it through the voice of " actors "

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
OFCOM the watchdog whose members are almost all BBC directors or ex BBC directors...very impartial

Oh god... so its a left wing political entity bent on a left wing NWO agenda.
Set it in on fire

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

The only thing with that is that we have a Conservative government, and have had since 2010.
Current Ofcom appointments have been made Tory Prime Minister's and if biased will if anything be serving a Conservative agenda.

Just as the possible restrictions on freedom of speech seem to be driven by Conservative politicians.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   
One of the biggest issues with the Ofcom involvement is that there is a real desire by the government and those in control to quickly suppress any alternative view or opinion of the pandemic, it's management, China, the WHO or anything. I've noticed most media outlets all parrot the same thing more than ever, with a sprinkling of 'real life' stories here and there.
There isn't enough debate and squashing Icke so severely is another example of that.

Icke is hit and miss for me personally, some things he says are pretty accurate - but then he hasn't said that much that hasn't been said before e.g. Aaron Russo or Alex Jones or whatever. His lizard talk and the Moon being a satellite etc just seems to ruin his credibility to me. But his problem-reaction-solution has a good ring to it though and makes sense.
I feel this pandemic will just add to the extreme surveilance of us though and further curtail any alternate ideas on MSM or online. We are going down some weird road right now.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
At the bottom of the BBC article:

London Live is owned by the Russian businessman Evgeny Lebedev,
son of Russian Oligarch and former KGB Alexander Lebedev.

From November 2019:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Evgeny Lebedev denies he is a Russian spy or promoting the Kremlin's agenda

He claims Britain has been seized by 'an ugly strain of Russia phobia'

Mr Lebedev said he has never met Vladimir Putin or given money to politicians
He asks not to be judged on him being Russian but by his contribution to the UK

I think some of what Icke says is provocative, particularly about how the PTB use fear to control us. See the Shock Doctrine, Disaster Capitalism, Silent Weapons, Quiet Wars.

But, Russia has been persistently and pervasively flooding the web with fake crap, outrageous theories and propaganda to stoke chaos in the west since 2015. At least. So, Icke's promotion by London Live at this time of international crisis has to be examined. IMHO.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Fair points.

You may well be right about London Live's reasons for broadcasting Icke's interview....but does that warrant its prohibition and the suppression of further musings from other people whose opinions differ from the official line?

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

No.

But, sadly, we live in a post-fact, post-reality world in which factions are warring for our minds.

We are forced to question everything - the medium, the message, the messenger.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant
I don't like that he's not the one paying for his own publicity.

I can see the argument that he's dangerous.
But the best cure to bad speech is good speech and censoring just increases his popularity.

Giving him an audience with Sam Harris would do more good.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
He does discredit the conspiracy theorists.

But yeah, I think it's because he is a huckster trying to make a buck.

Not because of some big plan.

As for odds?
I wouldn't mind putting $1 on the world being run by lizards, what would that payout?

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   

The entire mainstream media complex is in lockstep.

It truly is - I can almost hear the jackboots.

"What you need to control the media is ostensible diversity that conceals an ajctual uniformity" 

Joseph Goebbels

Thought this was a good video exploring their intelligence agency connections - as is this one dealing with criminalization of 'alternative' opinion.

Suppose Cointelpro has been around for quite a while now but there have been recent proposals describing how Intel operatives should 'infiltrate online forums focusing on conspiracy theory communities' so that doesn't sound good.

Bill Gates is now the King of the World..

Lots of serious questions need to be addressed concerning his connections with the WHO/Rockefeller/Bilderberg/Epstein etc.

Some interesting facts about this man are also made in the Icke interview - has anybody replying on this thread actually watched it?
edit on 10-4-2020 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: TotoMesch
I do think Icke talks absolute bollocks most of the time and I think I made it perfectly clear that I in no way support efforts to stop him, or anyone else, voicing their opinion regardless of how stupid I think it is.
And I think its appalling that the government are trying to pressurise TV stations and other outlets into not broadcasting 'lunatic conspiracy theories'.

It is imperative that we do not allow the government to use this lockdown as an opportunity to needlessly or nefariously introduce legislation and/or measures that impact our rights.
Who are you to even say that he talks bollocks without any friggin' reason why? Why should we listen to an anonymous internet user over a man who gave up his TV broadcasting job to pursue the truth.

I've been reading his material since 1994 and ever since then, he has been vindicated more rather than less.

He's been banned because he speaks the truth. The truth is always banned. Eat your Coronation Street and football sandwiches. Sorry, the latter has been taken from the menu.

I'll try to watch his interview tonight.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join