It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus: Ofcom formally probes David Icke TV interview

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

No worries. You are free to believe what you want.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

People are indeed free to believe as they choose.

But you are not free to act on your beliefs if they run contrary to the laws of the land.

It's illusory any road, freedom that is, because it comes with a cost price.

Ickes simply another mad nutter with an agenda and axe to grind.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
And now Ofcom are investigating comments made by Eamonn Holmes during ITV's This Morning programme on Monday.

Holmes said;

....but what I don't accept is mainstream media immediately slapping that down as not true when they don't know it's not true.

"No-one should attack or damage or do anything like that, but it's very easy to say it is not true because it suits the state narrative. That's all I would say, as someone with an inquiring mind."

www.bbc.co.uk...

He followed this up on Tuesday by saying;

"Both Alice Beer and I agreed in a discussion on this very programme on fake news that it's not true and there is no connection between the present national health emergency and 5G, and to suggest otherwise would be wrong and indeed it could be dangerous.

"Every theory relating to such a connection has been proven to be false and we would like to emphasise that.

"However many people are rightly concerned and are looking for answers and that's simply what I was trying to do, to impart yesterday.

"But for the avoidance of any doubt I want to make it completely clear there's no scientific evidence to substantiate any of those 5G theories. I hope that clears that up."

Bolding mine.

Ofcom said that they are;

....assessing this programme in full as a priority."

If that is a matter of priority for Ofcom then I'd assume that under normal circumstances they have have absolutely sod all to investigate.

This really is farcical....and potentially quite dangerous.
edit on 14/4/20 by Freeborn because: Fix quotes

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   
OFCOM have ruled London Live wer in breach of the code and London Live have been asked to broadcast a summary of the OFCOM findings. Seems a fair ruling.

Our investigation found David Icke expressed views which had the potential to cause significant harm to viewers in London during the pandemic. We were particularly concerned by his comments casting doubt on the motives behind official health advice to protect the public from the virus.

These claims went largely unchallenged during the 80-minute interview and were made without the support of any scientific or other evidence. While we acknowledge that David Icke has a right to hold and express these views, they risked causing significant harm to viewers who may have been particularly vulnerable at the time of broadcast.

Ofcom stresses that there is no prohibition on broadcasting views which diverge from or challenge official authorities on public health information. However, in broadcasting David Icke’s unsubstantiated views without sufficient challenge or context, ESTV failed in its responsibility to ensure that viewers were adequately protected. As a result, we are directing London Live to broadcast a summary of our findings on a date and form to be decided by Ofcom.

www.ofcom.org.uk...

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

They've also ruled on the Eamonn Holmes case.

Seems to me they are trying to suppress anything and anyone who broadcasts anything that might even remotely challenge the official government line.
That doesn't bode well for the future.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Hey, why worry?

Just get Tested, get your Vaccine, and receive your DoublePlusGood Citizen Certificate!

Im sure these folks have our best interests at heart

Sarcasm aside, I think that we are "lucky" that we have alternative platforms from which we can watch Non-Government Approved Material. The issue is that many will never look, or even if they do.. It will be a cursory glance with the intent (frequently unwittingly) comparing it to the Approved Narrative.

If it doesnt, in any way, it is discarded or "debunked."

Its been this way for quite some time, but technology like the internet kinda tranforms it in a vast amount of ways. Some "good," some definitely "bad."

Im still not convinced that something like 5G is a threat in the way Icke presents it.. But I do have my own concerns about it. Ranging from the installation of gear made by Huawei to an ever-increasing amount of EMF that we are inundated with on a constant, daily basis.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 05:02 AM
link   

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Shocking if true.

Why would they be my 'type of thing'?

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Shocking if true.

Why would they be my 'type of thing'?

Assumed The Guardian was right up your alley

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Your assumption, as seems usual, is way, way wide of the mark.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

originally posted by: and14263

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Well, hate speech, encouraging people to commit violence on each other is already illegal.

If you are talking about crazies using his theories as excuses to commit crimes, then that's on them, not him.

No. I completely disagree.

He has to understand his actions and words are encouraging people to commit violence and crime. You really believe there is no responsibility on him?

Did he say to accost strangers working on telecoms? No.

Did Trump tell people to drink bleach?

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Its very dangerous ground I agree but its also a complete waste of tax payer money.

Years ago, what is now classed as racism passed for mainstream comedy, as far as I know, it didnt take OFCOM intervening but was a change in the publics attitude to where they had moved.

TV gets its first gay kiss, did OFCOM intervene because a number of people were offended or did they pigeon hole the offended as small minded bigots whose opinion was unworthy.

OFCOM is another example of a left leaning organization trying to push the agenda and it polarizes people.

When you only push the left, you make more who push right.

When you try and create a nanny state, you polarize a whole group of people who dont want to break the law but you keep creating more and more laws eroding their freedom, they ultimately become criminals and guess what, if you make them a criminal for watching TV, they will turn to the darker channels, if they are already a criminal, why pay a TV licence, why pay fuel excise, why do all the other things..

Dangerous grounds, I now watch banned channels through a VPN and am more angry about my ability to choose what I watch, luckily I am not an angry person but eventually, who knows what will push my buttons?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join