It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I personally know an MD (trama surgeon and ER lead)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   
This may suit your purpose. The figures quoted are from 2019 to March 2020 so probably not a full year. Click the link for the figures from the CDC

FLU DEATHS USA

Stat news reported that approximately 80,000 died of seasonal flu in 2018 across the USA which was apparently the highest for 40yrs
Flu Deaths 2018
That figure when compared to the size of the population of the USA and the size of the UK population which the Office of National Statistics quoted the excess winter deaths for 2018 to be 50,000. isn't that bad. They do state that the flu vaccine that year didn't work very well but the CDC also stated that it was an exceptionally long flu season of 21 weeks.

a reply to: Nyiah

edit on 29-3-2020 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Well it seems that covid-19 has a higher transmission rate than the typical flu, so it makes sense that they would take precautions, and add in the IDK part and yes they should dress up. One interesting thing is about a little over a week ago studies suggested that England would need 200k+ ICU beds and now they are talking 20k and feel they can mange that.

What this means is some initial studies of the unknown might be off by an order of magnitude.

edit on 29-3-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

What this means is some initial studies of the unknown might be off buy an order of magnitude.

Those initial studies you are talking about were in lieu of mitigation measures.

Mitigation changes things. Are you gobsmacked?
edit on 3/29/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   
First, I think this virus or something very near to it has been affecting me, my family and others around me. With that said, when i had my respiratory episode a month or so ago, If i bent forward or did any major activity i couldn't breath but doctor told me i did not have the flu and it was allergies. I had never had allergies do that before. My son, went in they diagnosed him with pneumonia in one of his lungs but he too didn't have the flu. My wife went in and was tested for strep and flu and they was negative and had her bout for about 2 months. One of my coworkers same symptoms she went in was told it was a sinus infection. My point is we rarely get sick and this whatever it was knocked us all out for about a month Tired all the time, shortness of breath felt like a strange allergy cold flu mixture. I cant imagine what it would do to someone who is compromised. Once again not a doctor but a science teacher with some knowledge on the subject. We overdosed on raw honey, whiskey, fireball and a lot of sinus washes. I am taking it serious is all I am saying. i am more concerned about the economic repercussions that are to follow.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Mitigation changes things. Are you gobsmacked?

No I agree, what we are doing has never been done before... I been in my house for two weeks and now Boeing has me on 10 days of further isolation due to I got within 6 degrees of Keven Bacon it seems... One of my workers has a relative that tested positive. I put this worker on work from home 12 days ago...

With that said...The only numbers we had to go on was the full blown ones if no one did anything, normal flu type scenario.

edit on 29-3-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: GentrySociety

fireball

WTF, that is nasty...

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Thank you! I was having trouble finding that, the CDC site can feel like a maze at times.

I wondered how much cross-over the two have. Meaning, how many Covid cases were initially diagnosed as flu cases well before this became public (thus skewing numbers) and how many flu cases were preemptively diagnosed as Covid before testing became widespread or available (thus also skewing the numbers)

Typhoid Marys and Patient Zeros absolutely could have been passing this around left and right for quite a while before we lost our collective s# over it.
edit on 3/30/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Phage I'm sorry for your experience but it is not typical of most people's.

a reply to: Phage

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I’m on my first cup of joe, so forgive me of not understanding what information you are trying to relay.

Respectfully,

What exactly is your friend trying to say?
There must have been more information in your conversation with the good doctor, can you elaborate more please?

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

media scare is the only thing out of control right now....

people at the local timmies are waring masks... the lady at the window actually looked scared

"They're predicting over 100k dead from covid-19" she says... I give her a half grin... good lord, as I shake my head

we have 4 cases where I live, yet people are making it seem like theres bodies in the streets...

I know someone who had this bloody bug, shes perfectly fine, but she admits it wasn't pleasant

get a frickin grip people... this isn't the apocalypse ffs

I work with 6 other people in relative close proximity, my GM returned from the Rochester NY area with a nasty bug with Covid19 symptoms that had him in and out of the office for about 2 weeks and hes a big fellow with other problems. Long story short he`s right back at the office just fine and no one else got sick. Its the induced fear that is causing all the damage, not sick people.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: StratosFear

originally posted by: Akragon

media scare is the only thing out of control right now....

people at the local timmies are waring masks... the lady at the window actually looked scared

"They're predicting over 100k dead from covid-19" she says... I give her a half grin... good lord, as I shake my head

we have 4 cases where I live, yet people are making it seem like theres bodies in the streets...

I know someone who had this bloody bug, shes perfectly fine, but she admits it wasn't pleasant

get a frickin grip people... this isn't the apocalypse ffs

I work with 6 other people in relative close proximity, my GM returned from the Rochester NY area with a nasty bug with Covid19 symptoms that had him in and out of the office for about 2 weeks and hes a big fellow with other problems. Long story short he`s right back at the office just fine and no one else got sick. Its the induced fear that is causing all the damage, not sick people.

So he had covid and was tested positive ?

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Lots of people just don't give a spit about others....lots of people will go out when sick and shop with you and walk with you and happily infect you.....I mean a significant % of people today were raised in a Rainbow world and simply do not listen to anything until they have challenged it and pushed the entire envelope to its limits....this is how they BEGIN LIFE NEGOTIATIONS WITH EVERYTHING....add to them the dotarded older people who are so ancient they are living on borrowed time and they know it and just don't give a SLAM what other people think of where they go or what they do....and we have substantial impactful numbers of people with oppositionally defiant habits attitudes and perspectives who must be policed and punished immediately for they are looking for negotiations to stop or slow them ….. there is no time for 3-chances and warnings....GO HOME.....FOLLOW COMMUNITY RULES.....it is time to bring the Hammer Down on these numbers of oppositionally defiant people who WILL keep this bug virulent and spreading if they do not cease and desist irresponsible actions .

These Medical People are SOLDIERS and HEROS.....many people view their jobs as paycheques and would have simply quit and walked away from this Pandemic...money is not enough to die for when the chips are down.....but these Men and Women we are witnessing fight this War are definatEly SOLDIERS AND HEROS.

THANK YOU...THANK YOU ALL.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

i am skeptical that this " friend " - can have the time in service , training and depth of experience to rise to the position you claim - and never had to treat a patient under full quarrantine protocols

the senior doctor at some outlying small county hospital in north dakota - might manage it - but not at a major LA hospital

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Doctors never tested for it specifically from what he said. But at the time this was before everyone started hoarding toilet paper so the doc probably wasnt thinking Kung Flu. If he really had it then he was over it in roughly 2 weeks and its not as contagious as we are being told, or he had something else with similar symptoms. If the latter then that compounds the supply shortage of people running out to get tested for Covid19 when they may have a different bug altogether.

Are you trying to create a "so there" moment or is this a legitimate question?

edit on 30-3-2020 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
No I agree, what we are doing has never been done before...

The weirdest thing is that isn't exactly correct.
The response to the Spanish flu was almost identical.

That's the scariest part about this.

100 years of medical advancement and we're looking to a time when doctors advised which cigarettes were better for you.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

It will be more than usual due to the fear factor producing self fulfilling prophecies.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
i am skeptical that this " friend " - can have the time in service , training and depth of experience to rise to the position you claim - and never had to treat a patient under full quarrantine protocols

What?
That's not what he said.

What is so objectionable about a doctor saying he is worried as the amount of protective gear required is more than usual?

Please correct me if my literacy is the problem here.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
Phage I'm sorry for your experience but it is not typical of most people's.

a reply to: Phage

I had to put on a mask and gloves in order to visit a cousin who was in the hospital. He needed a bone marrow transplant for some reason.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox
I think all these extremely bright and intelligent individuals are being fed LIES.

Exactly! These people are doing what they are told to do. Up the ladder, the leader of some group, some council, some board, some agency or something is telling people what to do. The command goes down the ladder to the people. The people want to feel useful and intelligent and so they just parrot what they are told. They don't think. They simply don't dare to think for themselves. What we see is a coordinated effort to attack our culture, way of life, legal structure and economy, etc. This is a hoax pandemic used as a weapon against America. The halls of government are infected with deep state dual citizens ready to kill Americans.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

I ask because there's a bunch of people claiming to have had covid, without being tested, because they had similar symptoms.

Even as far as going back to October, i guess I'm just trying to fill in the blanks. I clearly have far too much time on my hands.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join