It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4k and 8k UFO footage?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Welcome one and welcome all.
I encourage all to please share your thoughts on this matter.
I am baffled at the decrease in sightings of ufos as the increase in photography technology increases.
Back in the days of old equipment we were subjected to try to identify blurred skewed and small pixelated images to discern what we were looking at. Making it alot more work to try to identify objects classified as UFOs.
With the high quality recording and photography equipment we have today, you would think we would have gotten some remarkable and undeniable proof by now of Advanced alien crafts, or even secret military crafts by now.
Is there some relation to the decrease in ufo activity and the advancement of film technology?
Like do they know we are able to get high quality close up images of them now?
Making them become more discreet with their presence?

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: kiliker30

It's covid the invisible boogieman that has chased them away. UFO critters are absolutely terrified. They won't be back for thousands of years.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 02:32 AM
link   

You asked and answered your own question.

I commend you for thinking that, from what I read, your theory is that with advanced photography skill the aliens are being purposely much more elusive.

When at the same time you point out how most early images rely on poor camera tech, blurry photos or image anomalies to be "relevant" in the UFO world.

One seems much more likely than the other and I'd bet it's not the "aliens are upping their hide a seek game" angle.

I believe in the possibility of life outside our planet, it's too bad how it's mucked up by a bunch of morons with blurry photo's and attempts at clicks, hits, money or gaining "cred" in the "circle" of blurry picture hunters.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 02:39 AM
link   
LOLz that's it!! It is hard to pass off an 8K picture of a street light as a UFO. You win the prize!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 03:22 AM
link   
sorry the whole `they know we have good cameras so they cloak`
is beyond me

its like people who have youtube channelers showing time travellers who have their face blurred out and voices distorted

why the heck would a time traveller from 80000 years from now care if we saw what he looked like - we arent going to be alive in his timeline are we

same thing, why on earth would advanced aliens of another planet or millions of years old care if we saw what they looked like

and it goes back to one thing, because it doesnt exist, (well at least the story your being told of visitation is a lie)

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Simple, any time a decent UFO video is taken, the default resonse from most viewers, believers or not is "fake!".
Unfortunately, the better and clearer the UFO is, the more convinced most will be that its photoshopped.
edit on 28-3-2020 by Osirisvset because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 04:07 AM
link   

The witnesses say that the 'tic tac' video that was released by the Pentagon is a very much lowered quality version of the high definition clear footage we have.

I seen you mentioned we dont have any clear footage of secret government crafts either....do you suppose secret government crafts just dont exist either?

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Higher quality (4k) allows us to IDENTIFY the object. Thus, a "decrease" in reports because they're now IDENTIFIED objects. They're going to keep being "UFOs" if you KEEP using poor/blurry quality devices to snap them. If you snap a blurry picture of a bird flying high up in the air, suddenly it becomes a "Zeta Reticuli Reptilian overlord spaceship" (UFO), and then gets reported as such. But if you take it with a 4k-quality camera where it's NOT blurry, then we can see it's just a bird all along, and thus, NOTHING to report. A lot of normal, everyday things in our atmosphere NOW suddenly becoming identifiable as camera quality/clarity increases -- causing the decrease in reports of "unidentified" objects. Misidentified Flying Objects... due to potato camera quality.
edit on 28-3-2020 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Interesting observation, the best example would be of those Navy pilots And the Cic on the carrier on training exercises off the coast of California that picked up those UFO’s on their FLIRS and different radar bands.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
LOL u guys are killing me.
Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. It's too much of a coincidence that we havnt been seeing alot of good ufo footage these days, esp now that cameras are cutting edge.
Makes you wonder how many people have been dooping us all along.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Delete doubt post
edit on 3/28/2020 by kiliker30 because: Double post

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   
In reply to Alien Abduct:

No I was getting at the idea that the government is being more cautious now with how and where they are testing these craft.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: kiliker30
In reply to Alien Abduct:

No I was getting at the idea that the government is being more cautious now with how and where they are testing these craft.

So therefore doesn't it stand to reason that perhaps the aliens are doing the same?

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I bet they were done deploying untested craft way back in the 60's and may have come to the conclusion that the beta stage be better completed before dropping it on a hostile tribal planet.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: D.Wolf
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I bet they were done deploying untested craft way back in the 60's and may have come to the conclusion that the beta stage be better completed before dropping it on a hostile tribal planet.

Right.

The point is if the aliens dont want to be recorded then they will try and limit it, just the same as any government trying to hide their secret craft.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: choomsuba
Interesting observation, the best example would be of those Navy pilots And the Cic on the carrier on training exercises off the coast of California that picked up those UFO’s on their FLIRS and different radar bands.

Best example of what? David Fravor forgetting to turn his camera on so he could NOT record the tic tac he saw doing amazing things?

The so-called "tic-tac" video made later didn't do any of the amazing things Fravor described, in fact its flight characteristics seem completely ordinary and boring.

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

The witnesses say that the 'tic tac' video that was released by the Pentagon is a very much lowered quality version of the high definition clear footage we have.
Better resolution might help a little, but that still won't give it any of the amazing flight characteristics Fravor described for the "Tic Tac" he saw, so what we really needed was for Fravor to flick the switch on his helmet to turn his cam on so we could see something interesting. The tic tac video we got, made by someone else later, not even the same location, won't show any interesting flight characteristics no matter how good the resolution.

By the way, apparently the E2 Hawkeye crew allegedly got an even better look at the tic-tac than Fravor did, and they aren't allowed to talk about what they saw or recorded on their instruments, according to sources.

originally posted by: Kromlech
Higher quality (4k) allows us to IDENTIFY the object.
Yes, I suspect that might be a factor, makes sense.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Welcome one and welcome all.
I encourage all to please share your thoughts on this matter.
I am baffled at the decrease in sightings of ufos as the increase in photography technology increases.

Decrease..? Not exactly.

A search for ‘UFO photo’ yields 2.000.000 hits. Compare that to the 20-something photographs from the ‘old days’.
A search for ‘”real UFO video”’ yields 760.000 hits. Compare that to the 2 videos from the ‘old days’.

So, it is exactly as you would expect: An enormous increase in the amount and quality of UFO pictures and videos due to the enormous amount of high quality cameras.

Unfortunately, all these cameras are digital. Their images can easily be manipulated.
Can you tell which ones are real? Nobody can, so basically, your hypothesis is untestable.

Here’s one of my favorites 😉

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Guest101

The actors played their parts well.

I think we could safely say that a large percentage of sightings can be explained, either immediately or with some diligent research, which one has to have the time and be inclined to carry out. Same goes for hoaxers...they have to have the inclination, the reason, the time and the skill to do so convincingly. I imagine there isn't many who have all the attributes to do so, especially if there is no personal gain, which I don't think a few hits on YouTube is. Would-be directors and editors with decent equipment could be the small exception but would still have to have the interest and inclination.

The OP comments regarding high-end camera capabilities but how many reasonably priced phones have this? I would definitely say more people carry a mobile phone rather than a DSLr or a bridge camera and out of all those people, how many are interested in looking at the sky rather than pointing at themselves or their friends? How many people are capable of doing a decent job of recording a moving or even stationery object in the sky with their phone or camera? Zoom right in and the inevitable happens...digital artefacts, slight movements become swinging motions and auto-focus plays havoc. Nighttime creates even more problems with digital noise and people trying to zoom in on indistinct points of light.

To me, 4K or 8K availability doesn't go hand-in-hand with producing more and better evidence because of what I said above. Just as a matter of interest, I wonder what percentage of mobile phone users leave their settings on default and never get the best out of their phone's camera?

When the 'smoking gun' evidence surfaces, it will inevitably be called out as a fake.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

It would seem to suggest that a lot of UFO sightings in the past and those blurry photos that were taken were simply garbage to begin with that would have never held up to today's more high-resolution scrutiny.

However, I kind of question your premise. As far as I can tell, the number of UFO sightings is about the same as it has always been and maybe a bit higher. The problem is people don't report them like they used to, for a number of reasons. There really is no good place to report them. Most people have bought into the idea that they're all secret aircraft projects. The videos they take don't clearly capture what they saw with their eyes, so they don't bother reporting it. And so on.

The number of true UFOs (TRUFOS) has always been very small, though. The better technology is just another filter making them hard to identify.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

If you DO have a valid premise, a simpler and more likely answer is that fewer people are looking UP these days.

Seriously. I'm sure you know what I mean...

(The guy on the far left must be feeling rather unique, but that's probably because he's the photographer's mate!)

edit on 29-3-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join