It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its starting to get serious now... think it might be time to start stockpiling beer & bourbon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I've never been all that worried about this whole pandemic nonsense, but it just seems to have hit a new level of seriousness in the past few days. I think there's an extremely strong possibility that we'll go into full lock down within the week where I live.

I'm not to worried about toilet paper or food supply, they're never going to allow that to be inaccessible anyways... I'm not personally to worried about income loss either, since my companies apparently got 2 weeks pay allocated to all full time employees in case of a lock down, plus I got hundreds of hours of annual leave and sick pay saved up... so that's not really an issue either.

But the whole alcohol supply issue, now that does have me worried. If non-essential industries are forced to shut down, then how long will it take for the beer supply to dry up?

This is a serious issue and an extremely frightening prospect. I'm totally cool being forced to go into isolation and stay at home for a month or 2. But to be forced to do it without beer? Now that would be unacceptable!

I think at this stage, the most rational thing I can do, is to go on a total panic buying spending spree before work tomorrow... just stock up on as much cases of beer and bottles of wild turkey I can possibly get my hands on.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Most of us did that last week...

I wiped out the high end tequila section of my local liquor store before entering my personal quarantine.

There was still lots of wild turkey there though...

To each their own?

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

The wife works for a distributor...I think I'll make it. Maybe uber can deliver for the liquor stores lol. All the dispensaries here went delivery only even ones like the one I go to which never had delivery before.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

In my little town in Montana they decided what the essential services were for the county.

So they made restaurants carry-out only, closed the courthouse and country seat, closed the real estate agency, the hardware store, etc...

They kept open the grocery store, the post office for 1/2 a day, the liquor store, the gas station and all three bars.

Although in the bars you cannot use the gambling machines.

edit on 25-3-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   
We're in lock down in the UK - essential services only.... but the Govt have relented and made Off Licences (who sell alcohol) an essential service. Which of course it is....especially in the UK.
They'll be busy... very busy.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Hope no one has a plumbing issue lol...no hardware stores is harsh.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: RickyD
Although in the bars you cannot use the gambling machines.

'Cause gambling ... what? ... spreads viruses?

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Yeah, you get to keep the liquor store open, but the hardware store is not important.

Sounds to me like the liquor store owner was somebody's brother in law, or somebody was banging somebody.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Under the war powers act Trump will make all the liquor producers to make sanitizer. All beer production will become near beer. This will be a civilization changing situation./Sarc

edit on 25-3-2020 by JON666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
There was still lots of wild turkey there though...

To each their own?

What can I say, I'm just a simple man with simple needs... I'll take a few shots of wild turkey over your "high end tequila" any day.

edit on 25-3-2020 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

You should be doing that anyway bro!
I have enough booze and spirits and my always favorite cab stocked.
No don’t get what you think you will need. Go all out man!

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

If liquor stores shut down a black market would explode.

Also i would bet the amount of alcoholics who died from having to quit suddenly would absolutely dwarf any corona virus number. Seriously how many millions would perish.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Most of us here have a septic system...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Andy Beshear , our governor in Kentucky deemed liquor stores essential , but I stocked up before that last week just in case. Heck, I am considered and "essential" and still working.

That is a new phrase now. Are you "essential " or not ?

Weird times we are living in, but we saw it coming.

Apocalypse Lite

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I've been stuck in home quarantine since Friday, my phone has been ringing off the hook the entire time.
I made hot wings for lunch yesterday and spent 2 hours trying to eat them because work kept bugging me, I re-heated them twice before I said F it.

Having work follow you home is maddening, I wish I had time to drink.

I'm excited to go back in to work tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Homemade muscadine wine.

I can plow a field all day long
I can catch catfish from dusk 'til dawn
We make our own whiskey and our own smoke, too
Ain't too many things these old boys can't do
We grow good ol' tomatoes and homemade wine
And a country boy can survive, country folks can survive

Hank Williams , Jr. A Country Boy Can Survive.
I am a Good Ol Georgia Boy , after all.

edit on 3/25/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Sounds to me like the liquor store owner was somebody's brother in law, or somebody was banging somebody.

Our local government is pretty much comprised of three different families that have been here 100 years and own most of the businesses too.

Think deliverance.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Apparently I am a 'essential service', I'm a structural welder, I mean I don't mind it, I've stock piled a good amount of food, beer, and my last Costco run was just before the whole thing blew up, so I'm good for soap, TP, etc.

I just go from home; to work, where I am pretty much isolated the whole time, and then back home.
When this whole thing sort of blew up here, someone at the McDonald's I go to for coffee tested positive and it freaked me out of a little, mainly because the guy I work close with his wife only has one lung, it really put things into perspective to how close even just buying a coffee might have gone down the chain. He took time off work since then.

Here in canuck land we have handled it pretty well, I hope state side can work together to curb it.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Dont underestimate your ability to go through that supply with nothing else to do.

Day 13 of lockdown, need to re-stock.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuicideKing33

If liquor stores shut down a black market would explode.

Also i would bet the amount of alcoholics who died from having to quit suddenly would absolutely dwarf any corona virus number. Seriously how many millions would perish.

Exactly, government knows better. If alcohol sales were stopped the amount of alcoholics flooding the hospital ER's would accelerate tremendously with DT's which can be life threatening. The hospitals don't need that extra patient load.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join