It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demon's Guards?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balaams donkey

A CUBIT

I was using 25 inches. I'm not sure why you are posting this definition. It supports me.

A BATH

Bible resource Center
bath (= 1/10 homer or 6 hins; also = 1 ephah, see dry measure)22 liters 5.8 US gallons

Yep, that is about what I said.

A HOMER

We're not using Homers.

HISTORY OF THE BATH:

This isn't relevant. Hell, we can assume a bath is 10 gallons, like your story.

WHEN WERE MEASUREMENTS STANDARDIZED
Ezekiel 45:11 long after Solomon.

That's okay. The ratio of errors for this specific measurement would be the same (Evening out).

10 cubits for the brim

a.k.a Diameter.

5 cubits or the height
AND 30 cubits round.

a.k.a. height, circumfrence

Notice, how it says the brim was round all about, meaning the brim could have been squared, or fanned or fluted, or who knows what.

That's okay, for this math problem I assumed that this container is much larger than what is described. Just for easier math -- we also could talk about thickness which would decrease its volume even more.

Who would give two different numbers for the same measurement? If this were so, then why not two measurements for the height?

I used the largest possible diameter measurement in order to calculate the largest possible cylinder. In this case, the exact shape would only make it have less volume. (in other words, again, I am making this thing larger than it actually is).

THE MATH

Let a cubit be 18 inches to 25 inches

Tank size:
10 cubits, or 180 and 250 inches [diameter]
And
5 cubits, or 90 and 125 inches [height/depth]

Calculations:
Vol = length x [(r2acos((r-d)/r) – ((r-d) x sqrt (2rd)-d2)]
R= radius of container
D = depth of container

Bad forumla for volume. This is not a way for calculating volume of a cylinder. HINT: length is not a typical variable for cylinders, nor did you even define the length variable to a constant. For a math review, please see:

science.kennesaw.edu...

Remember, the 10 cubit measurement was brim-to-brim, so it was actually the diameter. We need to divide it by 2 in order to get the radius.

Volume = Pi x r^2 x h ; Pi = 3.14
R = Radius of container = Diameter/2 = 10 cubits/ 2 = 5 cubits = 125 inches (using your largest)
D = H = Height = 5 cubits = 125 inches (using your largest)

Volume = 3.14 * 125^2 * 125
Volume = 49,062.5 inches cubed.

1 inches cubed = 0.00432900431 US gallons
49,062.5 inches cubed = 212.391773959375 gallons.

Suppose 1 bath = 5.8 gallons, then
2,000 baths = 11,600 gallons.
Suppose 1 bath = 10 gallons, then
2,000 baths = 20,000 gallons.

In other words, you shot yourself in the foot.

212.391 ... 375 < 11,600 < 20,000

Do you understand yet? The math is as plain as day: Take a cylinder larger than the one described, use the maximum measurements and then find out even while ignoring thickness, the cylinder is way off.

I attempted to make this as simple as possible; I understand some people have problems with math.

[edit on 16-4-2005 by radardog]

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I attempted to make this as simple as possible; I understand some people have problems with math.

Yes, I know that Dog, you are one of them. Are you ready for this? Are you sitting down my friend?

I own a business, we have two water trucks each at 4,000 gallons, I built one of the tanks. They are 180inches long and 90 inches wide and oval, lots of complex curves to reduce volume.
But, let’s take a look a watertank.com and see what they have for sale? This will be a lot of fun.

Watertanks.com
10,000 Gal Fresh Water Poly Tank-LB 141Dx160H

Retail Price $8,076.68
Your Price $5,653.67 Call to Order
Product #: 0005-055

Hey! Look at that, 141x160 inches holds 10,000 gallons.

Now here is one 120inches by 288 inches and it holds 15000 gallons
www.4tank.com...
A friend of mine own this company, we move his tanks. So, I sort of have to know about tanks. You understand.

So I think without any really difficult math it is easy to see that a tank 90 inches by 250 inches hold just a little bit more than 212 gallons? Now I can see why with your math skills, why the bible is confusing to you.
I mean, did you really think a tank 7.5 ft high and 20.8 feet across, the size of a swimming pool only held 212 gallons?
Really? You know your water heater holds 40 gallons. Drum holds 55 gallons. You should think twice before attacking the bible.

Here is one more, it is an above ground pool, 20x4 feet, so it is a little smaller than Solomon’s and it holds 10,000gallon, not 212 gallons, dog.
1abovegroundpools.com...

10000/5.8 gallons is 1724 baths. but Solomon’s bath held more than that.
10000/4 = 2500gallon/ft * 5ft =12500 gallons/5.8 gallon/bath=2155 baths
But Solomon’s bath was a little bit bigger, but now you know the Bible is correct.
Thanks for playing. Glory to God in the Highest!

Do you understand yet? The math is as plain as day:

Remember, the 10 cubit measurement was brim-to-brim, so it was actually the diameter. We need to divide it by 2 in order to get the radius.

Volume = Pi x r^2 x h ; Pi = 3.14
R = Radius of container = Diameter/2 = 10 cubits/ 2 = 5 cubits = 125 inches (using your largest)
D = H = Height = 5 cubits = 125 inches (using your largest)

Volume = 3.14 * 125^2 * 125
Volume = 49,062.5 inches cubed.

1 inches cubed = 0.00432900431 US gallons
49,062.5 inches cubed = 212.391773959375 gallons.

Raphael, posted a correction to your math, but I the when ATS when down, it removed it as well as my post. I can’t remember what he posted, but all the credit goes to him on this one:

Your made an error in your math:

Your formula,
Pi x r^2 x h
You should have got 6152344 cubic inches, rather than 49,062ci
6135923ci x .00432900431 = 26562 gallons or 2656 baths at the largest size.
Apparently, you forgot to square the radius. Easy mistake to make.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
WOW! all i can say to this math night all just saying i have been busy with work so night ever one

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Sir Donkey,

You're absolutely correct. I did forget to square the 125.

The point goes to you.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
You don't see that around here everyday. I was having a tough time following along and more or less just trying to get the checks and balances right.

Hats off to radardog & Balaam's donkey, showing that progress can in fact be made among rational people.

Now if only we could find a way to help Vash solve her problem...

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Skimming over the last few posts it appears that Vash is not the only one with demons. It appears the tax demons have influenced many into thinking about numbers a lot more than normal. I hope no one feels protected by the tax demons.

I generally agree that demons are typically up to no good. Sometimes I imagine that there are angels protecting us. Some may like to believe in fallen angels but without actually seeing them, can you really tell if they are evil or good?

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Bravo, clap, clap,

Wow, you are credit to all Dogs!
It is one thing to make a small mistake, is quite another, to be man enough to admit it. You win the manhood, or doghood, contest! You have guts Mr. Dog, real guts, I admire you! May I be so brave and honest in my life. I mean that, I really do. I hate myself when I can't admit the truth, means I am small.

Beers are on me, Dog! I will fight with you any day of the week my friend, you are honest! That is the most important thing.

You see that everybody! Sir Radardog is not a cheater or a coward!

From now one you mess with the The Dog you get the Donkey! (picture a donkey flexing, like one of those WWF guys ???)

Hi Vash! How are you? Good night sleep well I will pray that the demons do not bug you.

Hi Saint4God, Hope you are well.

orionthehunter,
It is late for me, but I think we excorised the demon of math. Whew! Dog just about wore me out......
Yes, you can tell demons from angels but is it is not easy as demon can fake being good. The very first test is do you feel the least bit uncomfortable? Your creator would make you feel only peace, never a doubt.

Take care everyone.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balaams donkey
Yes, you can tell demons from angels but is it is not easy as demon can fake being good. The very first test is do you feel the least bit uncomfortable? Your creator would make you feel only peace, never a doubt.

Biblically speaking, this shouldn't be the first test. Fear was often inspired by messengers of God. Last time I checked, fear was not a comfortable feeling.

@radardog
If you want to prove the bible is incorrect at least once, keep your math very simple and ask direct questions.

Try 2Sa 10:18 and 1Ch 19:18.
Math involved: Comparing numbers
Questions: Since the numbers are not equal, both cannot be an accurate accounting; which is the correct number of Chariots destroyed?

@Vash

God's unconditonal love was placed deep inside your heart behind a veil of ignorance (lack of knowledge) and/or sin. "Demons" do not want you to share this perfect love. In the most subtile of ways, they will attempt to obscure the truth of this love.

Now, I know what you are thinking, "What truth?" I have already said it, but I will say it again: God's love is unconditional, and it exists within each of us.

[edit on 23-4-2005 by Raphael_UO]

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raphael_UO
Try 2Sa 10:18 and 1Ch 19:18.
Math involved: Comparing numbers
Questions: Since the numbers are not equal, both cannot be an accurate accounting; which is the correct number of Chariots destroyed?

Crikey! We've gone from Geometry to Pre-Algebra! Alright, alright. Let's have a look-see. Well, in both cases 40,000 foot soldiers were killed, and in both the commander as well - Shophach. In both cases it was a defeat. Where the difference is, is how many charioteers were killed? Sam (2Samuel 10:18) says 700 while Chronicles (1 Chronicles 19:18) says 7,000. Hm...this is interesting. Now if Sam said 700 chariots and Chron says 7,000 charioteers, then it'd work out well if you shove 10 guys onto one chariot
. Okay okay, back to serious mode. Here's what I think happened - 700 were killed but 7,000 were reported killed. But how? How could someone be so far off? Well, have you ever been in a battle with 40,700 and noticed a significant difference between that and 47,000? Where was the accountant? I bet you he wasn't on that battlefield.

This is a good one Raphael, I'm definately going to need more investigation skills because I don't really care much for my answer right now whether it's correct or not. Be back with ya's as I do some more digging.

Pray, train, study.
God bless.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
hi ever one and unfortanlty the demons never leave me alone but they have dwindled in size there are not so many now but they are still here that is odd in its self i dont know i wish you all lived closer so i can talk to you on the phone or some thing o well here is some good news i got a job now working at dariy queen
and i am getgin alap top with net so i can log in more often i have been working non stop ever day for weeks now
well ever one have fun

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vash
hi ever one and unfortanlty the demons never leave me alone but they have dwindled in size there are not so many now but they are still here that is odd in its self i dont know i wish you all lived closer so i can talk to you on the phone or some thing o well here is some good news i got a job now working at dariy queen
and i am getgin alap top with net so i can log in more often i have been working non stop ever day for weeks now
well ever one have fun

Anything changed? I'm curious, any ideas to why they got smaller and fewer? I'd been wondering how things have been going as of late. Though it might be tough getting a hold of me by phone, feel free to U2U and I can give e-mail addy too if that helps.

[edit on 21-6-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I highly doubt you have demons guarding you. I think you have some issues you need to work out. Have you seen a doctor? You could have a form of schizophrenia or something. The mind can play tricks on you especially if you want something to happen. You should never tell someone who shares your same beliefs that you are going to do something to them. It would be best to pick a random day and not tell them and ask them the next day if they had any weird dreams.

If it is true then you better get some help because demons don't guard because they like you, they have just claimed your soul for their taking. You might think Satan is cool but he won't spare you extreme pain and suffering. If that is the after life you choose then i can tell you right now you will regret it.

I have seen demons each time i have tried to astral project and they were never friendly. I have never seen more than one at a time so i wouldn't understand why a bunch of them would be around you at all times.

It is most likely all in your head, you just need to clear things up. But nobody can know for sure.

If you can command them then why don't you have a research thread for testing if they are real or not. People can volunteer and then you could pick a random day and ask the demon/s to scare the guy but not harm him. A few will lie but i am sure some will tell the truth. If i could control demons it would be a sad day for right wing republicans

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaCodeMonkey
I highly doubt you have demons guarding you. I think you have some issues you need to work out. Have you seen a doctor? You could have a form of schizophrenia or something. The mind can play tricks on you especially if you want something to happen. You should never tell someone who shares your same beliefs that you are going to do something to them. It would be best to pick a random day and not tell them and ask them the next day if they had any weird dreams.

If it is true then you better get some help because demons don't guard because they like you, they have just claimed your soul for their taking. You might think Satan is cool but he won't spare you extreme pain and suffering. If that is the after life you choose then i can tell you right now you will regret it.

I have seen demons each time i have tried to astral project and they were never friendly. I have never seen more than one at a time so i wouldn't understand why a bunch of them would be around you at all times.

It is most likely all in your head, you just need to clear things up. But nobody can know for sure.

If you can command them then why don't you have a research thread for testing if they are real or not. People can volunteer and then you could pick a random day and ask the demon/s to scare the guy but not harm him. A few will lie but i am sure some will tell the truth. If i could control demons it would be a sad day for right wing republicans

I see you have read my posts and that of others on this theard i have been to docters i have been to chruchs nothing helps the only time i have any peace at all is when i dont think of them and relax just have fun.....

i only contral them to a point as in if i ask one to leace me alone for a few or if i am in toruble they go after what is hurting me mentaly i dont think i have ever seen one ripe some guys arm off or any thing....* lowers head a bit* you know if some one was just a bit more pyshic then the most you chould tell as i have that things change in the other realms all the time...

have you ever wondered what is out there? heaven hell ? ..... i dont think the bible is any where near right i belive that earth is only a realm and back in the days of king auther and merlin the realms where closer and one was able to cross over in to other realms like all the
elf's,fairys,demons,angels, etc,etc, chould travel between the other realms and earth almost freelly but then man was begining to reserch sience and math and that is when the realms where forced to part and have grown apart of the thousands of years since then but as
(( the so called end of days come))
these realms are comeing togather closer and closer tell they all are back liek they where in the begining ....

that is what i think tell me what you think and i will get back to you on it

and the reason i think the demons guarding me are fewer then what they where is becus some thing is awakening in side of me i belive i do not know just what i think ..... i know i sound crazy as a lune bat but hell its wat i think

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Well i have seen weird things when i tried to AP a few times and some of the demons won't let you see their heads which i can't explain why. I haven't a clue if there is a heaven and a hell but i know that there is something out there. Only when we die will the truth be known.

I don't go to church and i don't think organized religion is a good thing either, all it has brought to our world is constant war. I just talk directly to God, hoping he is listening and that he is there.

I think you must just be more aware and that is why you can sense these demons. I know that the sky above is filled with demons and other weird evil things. Where they came from is quite unexplainable. What you need to do is try find something that makes you feel good. It is not healthy to have constant negative energy around you. It could lead to suicide or something terrible like that.

A word of advice, try to stay away from medication, it can make you feel worse. You are going to have to deal with this yourself. Try to put it out of your mind and keep yourself busy with things you find interesting. Sometimes we can be our worst enemies, we just need to relax and forget about our worries. This world is too crazy to try to explain or understand.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
donkey saint i missed you guys

well i think maybe that i am a queen of hell
and i will rule over all some day

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   

donkey saint i missed you guys

Great to see you back Vash! Always wondering how things are going for ya.

well i think maybe that i am a queen of hell
and i will rule over all some day

Nah. I met the king and he hates competition.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I cannot believe that you, Vash are still flogging this thread.

I contributed to this back in March and got just so completely bored out of my skull by the bollocks spouted by the 'Ass'...sorry Donkey.

So glad I did since I just the read the posts during April. Wow, what a conceited git you are Donkey. You really strike me as aperson who got bullied at school and now has to win every argument with your 'special logic' which strikes me as being no more than just wearing people down with a constant barrage of your unsubstantiated opinions. Oh, except the bible says so, so it must be true.

Vash you really do need to seek quality professional help for your ailment; contact your local University if you think your case is so special. I'm sure that they would be more than happy to make a 'case study' out of you, and perhaps you might finally get the help that you so obviously require.

Asses like Donley should just stop reinforcing your problems with existential clap-trap, making out that your so 'special' and 'gifted' and almost revering you!!!

Your dismissal of established medicine and treatment, reinforced by some others here is really very sad and I feel that there is the distinct potential for this to end tragically.

To all of you looking to use this poor girl's predicament as further testament of the absolute truth of the bible, you should look to help this poor girl out of this obvious mental problem that she is suffering from instead of reinforcing her delusions.

You should be ashamed of yourselves if you continue to pimp her for your really inconsequential and pathetic reasons.

Peace Out

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Hm? Did someone say something? Must be traffic noise.

*shrugs and goes back to reading the paper*

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Hm? Did someone say something? Must be traffic noise.

*shrugs and goes back to reading the paper*

I truly laughed out loud at this response.

So very typical of your 'sort'. You don't like what you hear or see and you either show contempt for it by ignoring it or it sets you off on some wild tirade.

Contempt on this Board = Ignorance.
Ranting on this Board = Lack of Self Control.

Go send a P2P to your kissin' cousin Donkey. I'm sure he's used to plenty of tears.

Peace Out

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by hardbodyactiv
I truly laughed out loud at this response.

Glad I could provide some entertainment.

So very typical of your 'sort'. You don't like what you hear or see and you either show contempt for it by ignoring it or it sets you off on some wild tirade.

Let's talk about my 'sort'. What do you know of my 'sort'? I'm genuinely interested in receiving my profile from someone who has never met me.

Hardbody, you sound like a broken record. You said nothing different this time...hence the "traffic noise". Didn't mama tell ya "if you can't say anything nice, don't say it at all?" Well, we're not required to be nice, so let's modify that to say, "If you can't say anything different or useful, what's the point?"

Contempt on this Board = Ignorance.
Ranting on this Board = Lack of Self Control.

Please don't talk down to yourself, you're worth more than that.

Go send a P2P to your kissin' cousin Donkey. I'm sure he's used to plenty of tears.

Peace Out

Hehe, Donkey and I aren't here for each other nor ourselves. How about you stop pretending you can give orders around here "Marshal hardbodyactiv"?

[edit on 24-6-2005 by saint4God]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join