It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Fatalities Rising At Faster Rate Than Italy...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Not entirely surprising, considering how Boris has handled this.

I feel so sorry for what's coming to the UK...

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: YouAreLiedTo I agree if this had been handled more efficiently sooner this might not be happening but I think the majority of us Brits know this is going to hit damn hard. I'm doing one last shop tomorrow and then staying in to be on the safe side. Probably take the little one for walks down the river but that will be it

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouAreLiedTo

And how has Boris handled the pandemic? Most people think it's being handled well.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
We in the US are beating you all at rate of spread though.

www.forbes.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

And how has Boris handled the pandemic? Most people think it's being handled well.

Time will tell...

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: YouAreLiedTo

The person saying in another thread that inhaling incinerated propylene glycol from vape pens may be beneficial for Covid patients is being critical of a massive national response.

What a joke.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphihe could have acted sooner. This is the issue I have. It became clear it was only going to escalate and yet he seemed to wait to close the pubs and bars. Has he stopped flights into the country yet? I can't recall if I have seen him do that.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
You cry and whine.. ( The public world wide, your freedoms are being violated) Not necessarily the UK...****

And lament that it is spreading. While many ignore the quarantine and travel and avoid practical solutions to transmission of this Virulent Virus.

People have got to make a conscious effort to avoid CONTAMINATION..... and DAMN your need to go out as you please. Lockdown as it were, is a must, yes martial law. Martial law does not mean villainous behavior by the military, they are trying to contain it and keep you uninfected...out of dangerous locations DUH ...! These soldiers are our sons and daughters, cousins, Aunts and Uncles, neighbors and friends...

Frikin BEHAVE or DIE ! Prudence people, prudence. It's the only thing available at this juncture (Bush 43)

How can you set and complain your rights are being abused. At this point You Have /no /rights for all practical measures. They will return as we conquer this plague, life will return to some form of normalcy.

Do you think it was all jim dandy and filled with gaiety after the Spanish flu ? It was not, much damage was done, but we prevailed after a fashion and time.
edit on 21-3-2020 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2020 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Most people are self-isolating and getting there head down for at least 14 days no matter the government advice symptoms or not, if at all possible.

People still have to go to work through, until they are closed or a necessity for the nation to function, or even out for supplies.

We have seen what can happen in Italy, so let's hope we can at least learn from there tragic situation, and not see a repeat over here.
edit on 21-3-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

My personal medical research experience was limited to renal cell carcinoma... You can argue with the rest of the world's research into PG... It wasn't my conclusion.

People used to need sauce before posting garbage on this site. I demand sauce for your garbage statement. Show me proof of what you say or shut your garbage disposal.

Want sauce for my statement?

Let's ask the US National Library of Medicine on regulated nebulizer practices...

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

To deliver a drug by nebulization, the drug must first be dispersed in a liquid (usually aqueous) medium. After application of a dispersing force (either a jet of gas or ultrasonic waves), the drug particles are contained within the aerosol droplets, which are then inhaled. Some drugs readily dissolve in water, whereas others need a cosolvent such as ethanol or propylene glycol.

Show me your sauce...

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Going on live air and treating the virus as an opposing football team, in between the show of an idiot trying to explain scientific things an expert tried to explain to him (probably through diagrams), is not handling it well

Besides, the UK still hasn't hit the peak yet

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum I agree we will see in the next couple of weeks how effective his handling of this has been when we start to see the numbers rise

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Mysterychic88

The numbers are only an indication, more than 5,000 people in the UK have now been infected with Covid 19 as indicated by testing, so the real figures in the wild will most lightly 10 times that amount.

233 people dead now, with more to come, if Boris frees up the resources and manpower available across the nation, we can at least mitigate the circumstances, and he will be forced to wither or not he wants to or otherwise.

If he's smart that will be sooner rather than later.

edit on 21-3-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

As the cases in the UK are not comparable to Italy given the uncertainty on who's being tested I thought I'd compare the deaths as these are unlikely to be underreported:

Data

O M G, what a difference. Oh wait, looks the same to me.

I'm going to have a guess the deaths will be around 366 tomorrow and 463 Monday.
edit on 21-3-2020 by autom8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Were bang on par with Italy

UK is delayed response because we have low PPE and currently mass producing

Rolls Royce JCB all producing ventilators

UK will be using hotels and kitting out every room as negative pressure ICUs

Army is in place and waiting for more PPE

There is no doubt about it, UK will be hit hard, but not as hard as 80% of the world, this is just the start, everywhere will be the same, this will kill 1 billion globally, UK will see 500,000 to 1 million dead by the end of the year

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Brighton sea front was busy with tourists because the weather was nice. People are simply not taking notice!

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Some of the pubs in Glasgow were giving away free drinks all night yesterday as long as you tipped the bar staff.

It might sound like all our Christmas come early but the mentality behind the gesture is stupid beyond belief and simply to clear stock.

Can only imagine how many people got infected at those establishments should some poor sod have had the virus.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Can you show your source for ‘most people thinking it’s being handled well’?

To my mind I can see only two explanations for why Boris delayed social distancing...

1: He’s an idiot... although he acts the fool, he’s anything but.

2: He wants as many people to get this virus as possible.

The answer to which it is... The smoking gun is that his chief science officer, Sir Patrick Valance blurted out in an interview that they wanted ‘herd immunity’, which would require at least 60% of the U.K. getting the virus.

Boris et al later denied that this was the policy (I imagine Valance was put on the naughty step). But herd immunity is the only way that boris’ delays to act make any sense - it’s pretty plain to see that herd immunity is and always has been the Tory policy.

It’s a win-win to the Tory mindset.

Aiming for low infection peaks to save lives would be a slow process, pushing his treasury deeper and deeper into debt.

Whereas the herd immunity approach would be short and sharp allowing them to get their precious economy back up and rolling sooner and in the process thin the herd of old people drawing state pensions and the frail using NHS resources.

It’s terrifyingly elegant; their own ‘final solution’ without the need for gas chambers.

If you care at all about the elderly, or the frail, then Boris has indeed acted terribly.

If not, then you may consider his form so far as adequate.

But remember, if this does what they want - thins the herd and saves them money - then this process will be refined and reused and one day, my friend, you and people you care about will be old and in the high risk category.

Welcome to Logan’s Run!

...And on a side note, their evil deeds (if I read the tea leaves correctly) may be for naught, since no one yet knows exactly how long immunity lasts.

EDIT: the most diabolical part of this whole thing is Boris’ delay after delay in closing schools.

His argument that it would keep key workers such as doctors at home makes no sense. The hospital, ICU onslaught hasn’t begun yet, there’s currently enough drs. However once numbers really rocket and that onslaught does begin Boris would have to close schools immediately or face riots.

So why did he keep schools open?

To use the children as super spreaders. They pass the virus to one another at school, then take it home to pass on to their parents ad infinitum.

edit on 21-3-2020 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty

Can you show your source for ‘most people thinking it’s being handled well’?

To my mind I can see only two explanations for why Boris delayed social distancing...

1: He’s an idiot... although he acts the fool, he’s anything but.

2: He wants as many people to get this virus as possible.

The answer to which it is... The smoking gun is that his chief science officer, Sir Patrick Valance blurted out in an interview that they wanted ‘herd immunity’, which would require at least 60% of the U.K. getting the virus..

Cv19 has an r0 of 3.2-7...

You're looking at a percentage of 72%-85% before herd immunity kicks in...

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

The main concern about the ventilator situation is that even if we get them rolling off the factory conveyor belts, we don’t have anywhere near enough people trained to use them. I’ve read that misusing them can be lethal and it’s not something that can be taught quickly. Hope to god that behind the scenes that was already thought about and dealt with some time ago. But on Boris’ form I fear not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join