It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Fatalities Rising At Faster Rate Than Italy...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty
a reply to: TritonTaranis

The main concern about the ventilator situation is that even if we get them rolling off the factory conveyor belts, we don’t have anywhere near enough people trained to use them. I’ve read that misusing them can be lethal and it’s not something that can be taught quickly. Hope to god that behind the scenes that was already thought about and dealt with some time ago. But on Boris’ form I fear not.

In theory, telling factories to up production is fine...

But when the workers get sick... Who builds the ventilators?

When the drivers get sick... Who delivers them?

When the doctors get sick... Who uses them?
edit on 21-3-2020 by YouAreLiedTo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouAreLiedTo
You're looking at a percentage of 72%-85% before herd immunity kicks in...

I believe the 60% figure came from Vallance, so he no doubt downplayed it. But indeed I’ve also seen 70% mentioned. But 72 to 85 is truly horrifying.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: YouAreLiedTo

Are there production lines even capable of being transformed to turn out ventilators in such a short time period?

Coz my bet is that a negatory.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

As I said earlier, I think the plan is to thin the herd, so the scenario you paint is their wet dream.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Are there production lines even capable of being transformed to turn out ventilators in such a short time period?

Coz my bet is that a negatory.

Nope.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I am struggling to comprehend the mentality of people in the UK.
I know everyone needs to buy food,but people seem to be out and about chatting,shaking hands going to bars(until yesterday anyway) like there is no problem.
The local market in my town was apparently jammed with shoppers today(so I hear,I didn't go).

And I am thinking-if any of these people in the "I am not going to let it affect MY life" brigade are unlucky enough to end up in hospital drowning in their own lung fluid will they be saying:

"Thank God I went to the pub and got those pointless bargains from the market for the last time before I died!"

Or will they be saying:

"Why on earth did I take such stupid and wholly needless risks by going to the pub and market when I could have stayed safe at home?"

Sorry but if my society is that dumb,we sort of deserve everything that is coming.
Its just a shame its going to affect everyone,as we all have at least one dumb relative or friend(I know I do).

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Not entirely surprising, considering how Boris has handled this.

And how has Boris handled the pandemic? Most people think it's being handled well.

I don’t.

London and the major cities need to be on lockdown. Just over a week ago, his team were talking herd immunity, until they were shown the absolute catastrophic damage that would actually produce.

He is doing the right thing in guaranteeing wages would be covered by up to 80%, but that’s only if you are currently employed and lots of companies and organisations have closed in the last week.

We need a public enquiry once this situation passes, the truth should out, but not sure it will.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
I am struggling to comprehend the mentality of people in the UK.
I know everyone needs to buy food,but people seem to be out and about chatting,shaking hands going to bars(until yesterday anyway) like there is no problem.
The local market in my town was apparently jammed with shoppers today(so I hear,I didn't go).

And I am thinking-if any of these people in the "I am not going to let it affect MY life" brigade are unlucky enough to end up in hospital drowning in their own lung fluid will they be saying:

"Thank God I went to the pub and got those pointless bargains from the market for the last time before I died!"

Or will they be saying:

"Why on earth did I take such stupid and wholly needless risks by going to the pub and market when I could have stayed safe at home?"

Sorry but if my society is that dumb,we sort of deserve everything that is coming.
Its just a shame its going to affect everyone,as we all have at least one dumb relative or friend(I know I do).

I'm under 50 and in pretty dang good health. I'm not posting these threads to warn the general ATS crowd they might die (but yes, you might... yes... YOU...)

I'm warning people for their parents and grandparents.

These 20 somethings are going to feel like # when they start burying their parents because they had to go on spring break...

And yes. That is the reality. No downplaying it.

You might kill your parents. You'll have to live with your decisions.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Well said.
its not rocket science.
Its about common sense and thinking of others as well as yourself.
Something many in the UK seem to have forgotton about sadly.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

And how has Boris handled the pandemic? Most people think it's being handled well.

Not really no.

First he said we just all need to catch it for head immunity. Then he back tracked and gave out advice that we just need to wash hands.

This virus requires adleast 20 percent of peeps need hospital attention or they will die. Thats the same mortality rate as the spanish flu. It killed more people than the great war.

The country should be on lock down to minimise its spread.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I'm under 50 and in pretty dang good health. I'm not posting these threads to warn the general ATS crowd they might die (but yes, you might... yes... YOU...)

About 50 percent of icus are for people under that age of fifty. Regardless of your health you might die.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Britain is a disaster of response!

We are doing so much wrong. Now everything is locking down all the wealthy second home owners are going on holiday to their country houses by the sea side from London. Lord knows the amount of infection they are spreading around the country today. April is going to be very cruel to us I think. It could even be worse than Italy. I am hoping not, but I have a terrible feeling we are in for humbling. So many Brits have behaved selfishly and irresponsibly and will pay a price. I am ashamed. There are many compassionate people but they are being trampled all over.

CX

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Thing is, Britain tends to make out they are invincible, nothing phases us, stiff upper lip and all that.

We have some amazing people here in the UK, but some absolute Muppets too who will spread this faster than we can react to.

Everyone should listen to this UK consultant.....sounds like he's had enough, and I don't blame him.

CX.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This seems relevant

The rest of the world has gone to #,only Britain soldiers on-until you look out of the window and find that Britain has also gone to # as well.
Great movie,but I hope it doesn't turn out to be too prophetic.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

About 50 percent of icus are for people under that age of fifty. Regardless of your health you might die.

I'm a previous recovery patient...

There's a reason i warn you all about Reinfection and why I'm in the #ing mountains on my ranch right now...

I left my hospital weeks ago... It's owned by a company from Tennessee that gives less of a # about its people than this forum seems to...

Again... I'm on the sidelines at this point. If the public doesn't care, i don't care about the public.

My family is staying as safe as I can manage...

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Not entirely surprising, considering how Boris has handled this.

Really? By suggesting people stay at home and try to avoid social gatherings? It's like he is saying pretty please, and most people in the UK are saying "whatever!"

The government has handled this not very well at all! Look at China! They were not saying pretty please, they were telling their people to stay in or else. They were coming down on people without wearing any masks. People where spraying the streets to kill the virus! And what is Boris doing? Asking pretty please for people to stay at home?

You can see what is going to happen! When he realises they cannot contain this virus, there will be a complete lock down. By that time summer will be around the corner. So we could be looking at a lockdown in the summer!

There should have been a lockdown straight away! In brighton today, the sea front was rammed with tourists because it was a nice day! People are not listening!

You seriously think Boris and the government know what they are doing? In the coming weeks, there will be thousands more infected and the rise of people dying with increase by a lot.

The government need to grow some balls if they are going to try and get on top of this virus!

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

We can thank Boris and the idiots surrounding him for any death over the last few weeks. The original plan was herd immunity. He had hoped that holding out shutting things down for a few months would lead to more infected and remember he did say "sadly some people will lose loved ones" (or possibly a variation of that), whilst he was protected behind closed doors and his pregnant girl was protected be damned the people in the street so long as they pay their taxes. Boris played this out like a moron, he is so out of his depth that honestly as someone who voted him in based on Brexit, I would want to see him booted out and someone with some intelligence to take the lead at the least on a temporary basis.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Children of Men.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85 I couldn't believe the herd immunity thing especially after some of the terrifying videos we saw leaked out of china it was one of the most insane things I had ever heard. I just hope people start to listen, I am going out to do my last shop tomorrow then I don't plan on coming into contact with anyone for a few weeks just for the sake of my little one. I may be young but since having her and nearly dying my immune system has been dodgy ever since, her lungs are delicate as she was premature, its a risk I'm not willing to take. I will be honest I am starting to get really scared about this and the ramifications it will have for our loved ones

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join