It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Critical condition numbers dropping daily. But the Media is saying something different

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand
a reply to: XCrycek

I have 3 doctors in my family that say to remain calm; and be preventive.

Good advice.
I am heading that from the MSM also.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Can you post some links where the media is talking about critical cases rising daily? Just curious. All I see is articles about positive tests rising daily, and the number of hospitalizations rising along with it.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

Talk to us in about 10 days and see how you're doing then...I'll be interested in your evaluation...then.

1st Responder

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Thats where I am coming from too. I know I look callous or ignorant to most...but its what we arent talking about that really concerns me.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

My best friends wife is a triage nurse, she isn’t freaking out.

My cousin is a surgeon she isn’t freaking out.

EMS driver comes in my work every other day; says there is a slight increase in “workload”. But nothing to be concerned with..

Hopefully this is all we need to do is shut down for a couple weeks and “slow the spread” learn from our mistakes and carry on with more meaningful procedures...

I don’t want people to die or families to suffer; but a humans mortality rate is 100% and we all die.... as insensitive as that sounds it’s the truth......

But I will be watching what “freedoms and rights” are “temporarily suspended” and which ones never return after this fallout.....

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

It’s how we LIVE that matters; death is a certainty.

Love and be happy

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

a reply to: Zaphod58

They added the safety features BECAUSE of deaths..... but I agree to be proactive... but NOT shutdown the world over it

If you understood that article you referenced, you would realize those odds of dying in a car accident are lifetime probabilities. Since the life expectancy in the US right now is about 79 years, that means the annual probability is 1/79 the value or about 1 in 8,187. Roughly speaking, that's the probability that an average person would die in a car accident in the next 12 months.

The best and most up to date forecast by the Imperial College London--which is considered to be the premier epidemiology research institution in the world--forecasts that if the US had done nothing in response to this outbreak and just carried on with business as usual, this first wave of the epidemic would result in 2.2 million deaths by about August 1. The course we are on--using social distancing to mitigate the spread of the disease--will probably result in "only" 1.1 million deaths within the same time frame. That's about 1 in 300 probability of dying from COVID-19 in the next year, or about 25 times the probability of dying in a car accident.

Social distancing IS being proactive; it might save a million lives in the next year.

For reference, the US suffered 418,500 civilian and military deaths in WW2 out of a population of 140 million, or 1 in 334.
edit on 21-3-2020 by 1947boomer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Long way to go until we get to 1.1 million.
Let me know when we do...

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

But the infections and deaths aren't trickling in, they're rising exponentially.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Exponentially would mean the deaths after 4 MONTHS would already be in the 100s of thousands......

And of course the “infections” are going up if they are doing more testing!

What would the numbers look like if they started testing for influenza and rhinovirus????

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
this latest way to bring down the President.

So the entire world is in on it?

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

a reply to: XCrycek

I have 3 doctors in my family that say to remain calm; and be preventive. And yes ALL news today is propaganda and has a deeper agenda. That’s why I gave up journalism; but it seems like a perfect time to get back to it.

Please show me concrete facts and statistics, not emotional responses to hysteria.

Ill give you a fact. Its a fact that in the US there are bases that house infrastructure and manpower to operate nuclear weapons in the defense of our country to hopefully prevent any foreign actor from doing something stupid. This missiles and the people that operate them are indispensable to the protection of our country and to some degree the world.

Just for 1 example of assets that are beyond placing value that you are probably unaware of. I can tell you for a fact that 1 of these basis is taking this so seriously they are currently locking their base down COMPLETELY until a time multiple months from now. There are a very limited number of people that are capable of operating these missiles in our defense, and if that base lost 20% of its force to illness we would be in much bigger trouble than corona alone.

Now I dont expect you to suddenly board your doors up, but consider for a moment that there is so much more at stake than just bills and economies and rents and birthdays and school. Everything thing we know and love and want to protect is on the line. Our entire lives are on the line as a country and we are Fing it up royally.

There is lots that they arent telling us about whats happening, because we are idiots and cant be trusted to act right. Just look at us right now.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

originally posted by: BlueJacket
this latest way to bring down the President.

So the entire world is in on it?
yes, globalism

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

What do the globalists gain from taking down Trump and his buddies?

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

The media is owned and run by corporations; America is the most influential country in world.

So to take “financial and political” control over said country would be on the “global” agenda.....

People think the governments of the world are at odds; or aren’t all in bed together. When numerous sources prove it is all one giant machine.

We are like NPCs in their video game....
sorry off topic but true.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I'll refrain from continuing off topic as well.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

if you have to ask...
ID2020
thats just one item in the present totalitarian 2 step being perpetrated in my opinion.

Trump, doesnt want to sell out to the UN. No worries about Hunter, or his Dads Gafs during unheld debates...I dunno, it seems obvious to any conspiracy theorist worth their tinfoil to me.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It was mentioned on another thread that the CDC has changed the way they are tracing cases; instead of actual counts, they count 1 person per 1,000 residents. Example, in a city of 6,000 with one person testing positive, the CDC would count that number as .5 people.
It was also noted that the CDC is not counting any that have tested positive through private labs; only CDC tests are included in the numbers.

It's well known that numbers can be manipulated to 'prove' whatever they want us to believe.

The coming weeks will prove if this is all a big hoax, or some grand scheme and which party is pushing it -world wide.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
If the economy does crash it will be because of ignorant denialists ignoring basic common sense forcing the government to take more extreme measures, rather than some mass media anti-Trump campaign.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Since were getting back on topic do you think you could respond to the question I asked a little further up? I feel like it’s pretty on topic.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join