It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With 99.8 percent of USA Covid-19 Cases Not Needing Hospitalization...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: butcherguy

And you do understand Italy is mostly catholic? And Cremation is not in high demand from those that are catholic?

So your innuendo fails on many levels. Unless you can cite facts?

Cremation is permitted by the Catholic church. Where the ashes go is what they are concerned with, believe it or not.

The Vatican announced Tuesday that Catholics may be cremated but should not have their ashes scattered at sea or kept in urns at home. According to new guidelines from the Vatican's doctrinal office, cremated remains should be kept in a "sacred place" such as a church cemetery. Ashes should not be divided up between family members, "nor may they be preserved in mementos, pieces of jewelry or other objects." The church has allowed cremation for decades, but the guidelines make clear that the Vatican is concerned that the practice often involves "erroneous ideas about death." Those ideas run the gauntlet from deeply nihilistic to New Age-y, the Vatican says, from the belief that death is the definitive end of life to the notion that our bodies fuse with nature or enter another cycle of rebirth.

CNN

Funeral services are overwhelmed in Bergamo, the northern Italian city hit hardest by the coronavirus outbreak, with a crematorium operating 24 hours a day

Business Insider

The mayor of Bergamo, for example, recently said that the crematory in his city is “unable to dispose of all the work it has to do,” as it has received an overabundance of bodies of those who have died due to the Chinese virus. “The crematory is no longer enough,” said Bergamo mayor Giorgio Gori.

Breitbart
Innuendo this.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: butcherguy
Reports out of Italy are indicating that they don't have enough crematories to keep up with the influx of corpses.

Before that, we heard about how they don't have enough intensive care units at their hospitals to handle all the serious/critical coronavirus patients.

Seems like the virus might be a real life problem.

There must be something either different about Italians....or something protecting Americans....or both.

No.
They are around two weeks ahead of us in the cycle.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That's weird dude, according to your link out of all the cases in the U.S. (6,534) it says there is 12 in ICU and that 116 have died and only 106 have recovered so far. Why is that? If it is so mild then why is there actually more people that have died so far than have recovered?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

a reply to: Trueman

There is still a calculation to arrive at how many must contract Covid-19 to fill X number of ICU beds, based on a .02% of the population contracting the disease to be sick enough to require hospitalization. What is the formula?

That's weird dude, according to your link out of all the cases in the U.S. (6,534) it says there is 12 in ICU and that 116 have died and only 106 have recovered so far. Why is that? If it is so mild then why is there actually more people that have died so far than have recovered?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

a reply to: paraphi
My state says out of 168 CoronaVirus Cases, only 11 required hospitalization. 4 of those 11 have already been discharged. Only 1 has died. This is over a two month period of time, mind you.

More people went to the hospital, and also died, from the common Flu over the past two months.

As is always the case, you, and each of us, are free to believe whatever we want to believe. I hope you're satisfied with your view of life. I am.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

a reply to: neutronflux

What's crazy is when I hear "experts" say, to get the hospital numbers up, we need more Covid-19 testing.

Do you or I need a test to determine if we are sick enough to go to the hospital???

Maybe those pin-heads with advance degrees really believe what they're saying? I'd rather believe that, than to think they're just treating the audiences as dumb sheep, who believe whatever lie they're peddling that day.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

a reply to: paraphi
My state says out of 168 CoronaVirus Cases, only 11 required hospitalization. 4 of those 11 have already been discharged. Only 1 has died. This is over a two month period of time, mind you.

More people went to the hospital, and also died, from the common Flu over the past two months.

As is always the case, you, and each of us, are free to believe whatever we want to believe. I hope you're satisfied with your view of life. I am.

There’s no state reporting the numbers you give. Source please.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Don't be the retard that causes someone to die. You might be pretty safe from this virus, as far as you know, but your neighbors, or your family members, or your coworkers or your friends might have an underlying condition, perhaps that they don't even know about, that will put them in serious risk. The way this virus kills is agony. Don't be the one that condemns someone to that fate. Start enacting the mitigation measures right now.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Reports out of Italy are indicating that they don't have enough crematories to keep up with the influx of corpses.

Before that, we heard about how they don't have enough intensive care units at their hospitals to handle all the serious/critical coronavirus patients.

Seems like the virus might be a real life problem.

There must be something either different about Italians....or something protecting Americans....or both.

You are intentionally being obtuse, you have been told time and time again, yet you keep trolling with identical threads you are so desperate, and your math skills are lacking..thus far
edit on 18-3-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Did post I post anything about China cremation?

You

You implied all of Italy. With no context of the impact.

Now your stating

Funeral services are overwhelmed in Bergamo, the northern Italian city hit hardest by the coronavirus outbreak, with a crematorium operating 24 hours a day

Which is not Italy as a whole. There is a big difference from Italy to a single city in Italy.

The article you referenced was from March 17th?

Italy’s Coronavirus Victims Face Death Alone, With Funerals Postponed

March 16, 2020

An emergency national law issued last week banned civil and religious ceremonies, including funerals,

How are bodies being cremated if funerals are banned as stated in the article from March 16th?

edit on 18-3-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

edit on 18-3-2020 by neutronflux because: Fixed more

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tearman
Don't be the retard that causes someone to die. You might be pretty safe from this virus, as far as you know, but your neighbors, or your family members, or your coworkers or your friends might have an underlying condition, perhaps that they don't even know about, that will put them in serious risk. The way this virus kills is agony. Don't be the one that condemns someone to that fate. Start enacting the mitigation measures right now.

As with every flu season

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

How are bodies being cremated if funerals are banned as stated in the article from March 16th?

I realize you’re trying to take the most ignorant stance possible so you can play dumb more effectively but surely you understand that a cremation and a funeral are two different things, right?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I realize you’re trying to take the most ignorant stance possible so you can play dumb more effectively but surely you understand that a cremation and a funeral are two different things, right?

Well. Then answer if the backlog of those to be laid to rest are because the system is overwhelmed. Or because families are waiting to commit remains until funeral services can be held with family members?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Read closely brother.

On 03/10/2020 we had 924 covid-19 cases in the U.S. Today there is 7,324 cases. That's 6,400 new cases in that last 8 days. That means that 80% of U.S. cases have been found in only the last 8 days.

The time between exposure to a contagious illness and the onset of symptoms is called the “incubation period.” the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has estimated the incubation period for COVID-19 to be from 2–14 days.

DO THE MATH

For many people it is going to take at least a few weeks before they even begin to really start to feel the affects of covid-19. Then another few weeks or a month to either die or recover.

97% of the current known cases in the U.S. have yet to have an outcome, meaning they have not yet recovered or died yet. Only 56 people have recovered so far dude and 116 have died. Now you can see that we are just in the very early stages of this pandemic and this explains why you think it's so mild. Dont worry your little mortality will go up, you just got to give people a little time to die.

A BETTER SOURCE THAN YOURS

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

And where is there an abnormal rate of flu mortality in the USA this flu season.

But panic and use all bold face and stuff.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

So? Your wishing people dead. That’s sick?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

You are too kind to it. You shouldn't play with your food like that. You might develop indigestion.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Why are you asking me? You said something stupid, I pointed it out. Now you’re asking me something completely unrelated to what I said? Try reading the articles. There’s a priest mentioned by name talking about how there’s a backlog because “it takes time and the dead are many.” He can answer your inane questions better than I, since they’re his words and not mine.
edit on 18-3-2020 by Shamrock6 because: There their they’re

link   

And where is there an abnormal rate of flu mortality in the USA this flu season.

But panic and use all bold face and stuff.

I used bold to get his attention because he is ignoring my hard questions and good logic.

I haven't said anything about the flu so I have no idea what you are talking about as far as that.

link   

So? Your wishing people dead. That’s sick?

Quote me where I wished people dead?

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join