It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With 99.8 percent of USA Covid-19 Cases Not Needing Hospitalization...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

He’s a fan of asking questions completely irrelevant to what another member has said. It appears he’s convinced himself as long as he doesn’t acknowledge answers actually given and continues to ask questions “attacking” points nobody else has even mentioned, he’s winning.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: neutronflux

Why are you asking me? You said something stupid, I pointed it out. Now you’re asking me something completely unrelated to what I said? Try reading the articles. There’s a priest mentioned by name talking about how there’s a backlog because “it takes time and the dead are many.” He can answer your inane questions better than I, since they’re his words and not mine.

Because the reality of the situation is people are waiting in most cases to lay their family members to rest when funerals are legal again.

edit on 18-3-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Why are you asking me? You said something stupid, I pointed it out. Now you’re asking me something completely unrelated to what I said? Try reading the articles. There’s a priest mentioned by name talking about how there’s a backlog because “it takes time and the dead are many.” He can answer your inane questions better than I, since they’re his words and not mine.

Because the reality of the situation is people are waiting in most cases to lay their family members to rest when funerals are legal again.

Source please.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

a reply to: Alien Abduct

And where is there an abnormal rate of flu mortality in the USA this flu season.

But panic and use all bold face and stuff.

I used bold to get his attention because he is ignoring my hard questions and good logic.

I haven't said anything about the flu so I have no idea what you are talking about as far as that.

Are you saying 116 deaths are a noticeable spike in mortality during a normal flu season of infectious diseases for the USA. What would be an abnormally high number of deaths for the flu season in the USA?

The USA will not see mortality rates like in China. China has more pollution. Their food and medicine are not as regulated. And who knows about their healthcare standards during a healthcare crisis.

Do you want me to be wrong? Why do people ignore the factors that lead to the Chinese mortality rate? Then if six of seven cases of Coronavirus went undetected because of mild symptoms, what was the true mortality rate in China?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

How would that result in:

the crematory in his city is “unable to dispose of all the work it has to do,”

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Source please.

I have quoted the source twice..

a reply to: butcherguy

Italy’s Coronavirus Victims Face Death Alone, With Funerals Postponed

www.nytimes.com...

As morgues are inundated, coffins pile up and mourners grieve in isolation: ‘‘This is the bitterest part.’’

ROME — At around midnight on Wednesday, Renzo Carlo Testa, 85, died from the coronavirus in a hospital in the northern Italian town of Bergamo. Five days later, his body was still sitting in a coffin, one of scores lined head-to-toe in the church of the local cemetery, which is itself closed to the public.

His wife of 50 years, Franca Stefanelli, would like to give him a proper funeral. But traditional funeral services are illegal throughout Italy now, part of the national restrictions against gatherings and going out that have been put in place to try to stem the spread of Europe’s worst outbreak of the coronavirus. In any case, she and her sons could not attend anyway, because they are themselves sick and in quarantine.

So do you have actual facts or doom by innuendo?

a reply to: butcherguy

Did post I post anything about China cremation?

You

Reports out of Italy are indicating that they don't have enough crematories to keep up with the influx of corpses.

You implied all of Italy. With no context of the impact.

Now your stating

Funeral services are overwhelmed in Bergamo, the northern Italian city hit hardest by the coronavirus outbreak, with a crematorium operating 24 hours a day

Which is not Italy as a whole. There is a big difference from Italy to a single city in Italy.

The article you referenced was from March 17th?

Italy’s Coronavirus Victims Face Death Alone, With Funerals Postponed

March 16, 2020

An emergency national law issued last week banned civil and religious ceremonies, including funerals,

How are bodies being cremated if funerals are banned as stated in the article from March 16th?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tearman
Don't be the retard that causes someone to die. You might be pretty safe from this virus, as far as you know, but your neighbors, or your family members, or your coworkers or your friends might have an underlying condition, perhaps that they don't even know about, that will put them in serious risk. The way this virus kills is agony. Don't be the one that condemns someone to that fate. Start enacting the mitigation measures right now.

Again, I've had it with the mass panic bubble wrap attitudes, and lay this on the vulnerable rather than the rest of the masses. I have a near 80 year old father with a bypass history still caring for a severely disabled and medically screwed Down Syndrome brother. The household is self-isolating not because they think the outside world is skeery and full of diseased morons, but because they KNOW that's how to best protect themselves. My dad cannot figure out who thought hitting the proverbial stop button would actually protect them, because in his opinion, he's no more protected by this nanny stating than he would be DIY. In his opinion, it's unjustifiable to create chaos, turmoil and collapse to shield them, in vain or not -- "It is extremely unfair to ruin everyone's businesses, halt their lives, just because we're the at-risk group and people think we're incapable of managing our own isolation. This needs to stop." I agree, dad, I agree completely.

Unless the vulnerable ISOLATE THEMSELVES, this is only going to get worse and make the risk of getting sick look plenty digestible. Shutting down the world won't keep these folks significantly safer. I will also point out that what it does in my brother's case is not keep him illness free, but cut him off from his long-time daily set schedule out of the house that keeps him calm and functional (relatively speaking there) Many people with special needs kids are finding this out the hard way, that shutting down the planet like this is biting them hard in the ass in unforeseen ways that weren't worth it.
edit on 3/18/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Then is the impact also from no labor because of the population is in lockdown?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Nah, you’ve selectively quoted the source twice and even then what you’ve quoted is irrelevant to your statement that people are waiting for funerals.

“Unfortunately, we don’t know where to put them,” said Brother Marco Bergamelli, one of the priests at the church. He said that with hundreds dying each day, and with each body taking more than an hour to cremate, there was an awful backlog. “It takes time and the dead are many.”

From the very same article you selectively quoted despite your selective quote not even supporting your claim that in most people are waiting until funerals are legal again. So, again, source please that actually affirms your claim and not a source that actually affirms mine. Thanks in advance.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Source please.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

How are bodies being cremated if funerals are banned as stated in the article from March 16th?

It says it right there "civil and religious ceremonies, including funerals,"

The ceremony where people gather to pay their respects have been banned. Not the actual disposal of the bodies.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Your disputing Italy is on lockdown and funerals are banned.

And I covered already...

Which is not Italy as a whole. There is a big difference from Italy to a single city in Italy.

Your referring to what is happening in a single city as all of Italy to fear monger. It really is that simple.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

It says it right there "civil and religious ceremonies, including funerals,"

The ceremony where people gather to pay their respects have been banned. Not the actual disposal of the bodies.

Can you cite a source? Or it’s that you guessing bodies are not being held until a proper burial for example can be conducted?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The source is what you quoted.

If people were waiting for the ban to be lifted why would the crematorium be overwhelmed? It is simple logic.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Your disputing Italy is on lockdown and funerals are banned.

Cite a source for that claim please.

Your referring to what is happening in a single city as all of Italy to fear monger. It really is that simple.

Since I can’t find where I mentioned a) Italy as a whole or b) one city in particular, much less tried to conflate one city with the whole of Italy....

Cite a source for that claim please.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

As an at-risk senior I wish I could give you a million stars and flags for this post!

I always self-isolate when the flu- or any virus - is making the rounds. I would much rather continue this regime and come what may than see what's happening to our country.

IF it starts targeting the lives of the young that would be the time to panic. I don't know many seniors that think the response we are seeing is justified. We've lived long, and some, good lives- but the present response runs a huge risk of our younger generation never being able to share that sentiment.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Allow me:
2020 Italy coronavirus lockdown

On 9 March 2020, the government of Italy under Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte imposed a national quarantine, restricting the movement of the population except for necessity, work, and health circumstances, in response to the growing pandemic of COVID-19 in the country.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: oldschoolwarhawk

CDC webpage says during the 2018-2019 Flu season in America, 808,000 were hospitalized and 61,000 died.

Source w/Age Breakdown: www.cdc.gov...

For CoronaVirus-19 to fill the 200,000 available ICU beds, will require over 100 million people to be infected, since only 2/10th of 1% require hospitalization at all.

Where the hell did you get the idea that only 0.2% of infections require hospitalization?

Here is what is probably the best and most up to date modeling of the Coronavirus pandemic, done by the Imperial College of London:

www.imperial.ac.uk...

I'll quote one of the important conclusions:

"Analyses of data from China as well as data from those returning on repatriation flights suggest that 40-50% of infections were not identified as cases. This may include asymptomatic infections, mild disease and a level of under-ascertainment. ... The age-stratified proportion of infections that require hospitalisation and the infection fatality ratio (IFR) were obtained from an analysis of a subset of cases from China12. These estimates were corrected for non-uniform attack rates by age and when applied to the GB population result in an IFR of 0.9% with 4.4% of infections hospitalised..."

So, the professional epidemiologists at London College estimate a hospitalization rate about 20 times greater than you do.

Remind us where you got your medical degree, again?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Not sure how that supports the claim that I’m disputing there’s a lockdown in Italy and funerals are banned, or shows where I’ve attempted to portray what’s happening in one city as being what’s happening in the entire country but....okay?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

All of Italy is in lockdown as coronavirus cases rise
By Valentina Di Donato, Emma Reynolds and Rob Picheta, CNN
Updated 2:50 PM EDT, Fri March 13, 2020

www.cnn.com...

Over the weekend, blanket travel restrictions were announced in just certain areas. The rest of the country will now join the northern provinces under lockdown -- one of the toughest responses implemented outside of mainland China to get the Covid-19 pandemic under control

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join