It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italy 27,930 known infected and 2,158 Dead. A 7.7% Death rate.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

The total number of coronavirus cases in Italy rose to 27,980 Monday, including the dead and recovered, the country's Civil Protection Department chief, Angelo Borrelli, said.

The number had risen by more than 3,000 from the day before, Borrelli said. Nearly 350 more people had died, bringing the total number of dead to 2,158.

More than 400 people had recovered from COVID-19, bringing the total number of recovered to 2,749.

Just over 23,000 remain infected, and more than 11,000 are hospitalized. Nearly 2,000 of those hospitalized are in intensive care, while about 10,000 are isolated at home.

www.nbcnews.com... ader

Italy is not a third world country yet the death rate now is 7.7% of those infected. However, according to this site there are 31,506 infected and 2506 dead, which would put the death rate at 7.94%

In Spain the figures so far are 11,309 cases and 509 deaths, which puts the death rate so far in Spain at 4.5%

In that last link i gave U.S. figures are 5,702 sick/infected people and 94 dead. Which for now is a 1.64% dead rate. These figures in the U.S. are much lower thanks to President Trump banning flights from China early on when the left-wing media was downplaying this and they alongside left-wing leaders, and the liberal media claimed President Trump put the travel ban because "he is a racist..."

If it wasn't for that early response by President Trump we would be seeing the numbers in the U.S. that we see in Europe.

The number of infected and dead keeps rising, and it should be obvious to anyone whom is honest enough to realize that COVID-19 is not "just another flu virus."

Hopefully we can stop the spread of this virus, if not we would see a spike in the U.S. similar to what is happening in Europe if not worse.

Do not take the threat from this virus lightly, the dead rate will unfortunately likely spike as more and more of our at risk population gets infected. If you have respiratory problems, like asthma, if you have heart problems, lung disease, diabetes, your immune system defenses are low due to some other health related issue, if you are elderly, etc, puts you at a much higher risk of dying from this disease. If you are completely healthy you have a 3.4%-3.5% at risk of death, but if you are not healthy the at risk number for death more than triples. Do not play with your life or the life of your loved ones thinking "this is nothing."

edit on 17-3-2020 by ElectricUniverse because: correct link and comment.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Sadly, Italy has surpassed Chinas death rate per thousand citizens.

www.worldometers.info...

Why is Coronavirus so deadly in that country?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Maybe you should ask for permission for continuously updating your thread title over the coming days. The number increases in Italy by the hour.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Italy has a larger older population. One of the oldest. There is good reasoning why this is hitting them hard.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

According to ccp statistics...

Not heard much out of China as of late...

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

www.worldometers.info...

Because it got out of hand, and medical services are being vastly overwhelmed, no one is truly prepared "if" it gets really out of hand.

Or is it just a hoax to get Trump?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

www.worldometers.info...

Because it got out of hand, and medical services are being vastly overwhelmed, no one is truly prepared "if" it gets really out of hand.

Or is it just a hoax to get Trump?

Never mind the people who could well die of non virus related things..because there are no beds/doctors.equipment

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
We still have no clue to how many people have it to get a good percentage. So the US is 1.6% and Italy is 7.7%. This just tells me there are 10,000s that have it and are not counted. During the 2018-2019 flu season 600k were hospitalized and 60k died, so that is 10% of those that were sick enough to go to the hospital. Maybe that is a better look at as to what we are dealing with.

In the states people are not being tested unless they get sick enough to go to the hospital, so if that is 5700 in the hospital and only 94 have died then 1.4% is extremely lower than 2018/2019 flu season.

edit on 17-3-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

S. Korea and Italy has given us a look of our future, which path will we take.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
couple of things

First, thanks for posting this. I am keeping my own stats, so I have a record of the reported numbers in case they try to "Mandela effect" me later. I noticed the same thing about Italy. 7.7% is a LOT different than "like a common cold..."

As to why Italy is so much higher than Germany or others...

a). Different climate? I think a lot of Italy has a climate similar to parts of Iran, another corona virus trouble-spot.

b). Governments are lying about their people not dying.
I used to contribute to the FBI's universal crime report and the CDCs cause of death database. And I can tell you that a lot of large institutions are under political pressure to 'massage the numbers.' European countries are notorious for doing this with death rates. If someone is stabbed to death, they'll list the cause of death as "low blood pressure." The joke in our agency was that they wouldn't list a death from a fall: "the fall didn't kill him--it was the sudden stop at the end!"

seriously, Americans have an expectation that official numbers will be error free, and a-political. Thats not the way it is in other jurisdictions.

In fact, an officer with the county coroner's office told my co-worker that they had after-the-fact listed a cause of death as covid for like the second of march--a full week before the "first reported case" in the state. But no one is going back to correct the numbers, or inform the media. Novel Coronavirus was killing people a week before it even got here.

edit on 17-3-2020 by Graysen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

www.worldometers.info...

That's because China has been lying about the numbers of their infected, and dead. Just like they have put a gag order on researchers not to publish material that shows this virus was more likely being developed in one of their labs in Wuhan. It's obvious that this was bio-engineered when the protein layer around the virus has 3 different signatures (HIV, Tuberculosis, SARS). Depending on what protein spike (there are 3 S,E, and M) is absorbed by your skin your body would think that it has one of those viruses and would make the wrong immune system response.

BTW, China just announced that all U.S. journalists from three major U.S. newspapers whose credentials in China expires in 2020 are to be expelled from China. So you can be sure that what the CCP media is reporting about COVID-19 will continue to be false.

China Expels Journalists From Three Major U.S. Newspapers

edit on 17-3-2020 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Why are so few people actually understanding these statistics and comparing them with like statistics?

Thank you for comparing apples to apples to show this virus still isn’t showing much more than the common flu and maybe not even more deadly based on the numbers you are posting.

The rest of the paranoid will keep comparing peas to watermelons and run around like chicken little, because that’s what the MSM wants them to do.

edit on 17-3-2020 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
During the 2018-2019 flu season 600k were hospitalized and 60k died, so that is 10% of those that were sick enough to go to the hospital. Maybe that is a better look at as to what we are dealing with.

In the states people are not being tested unless they get sick enough to go to the hospital, so if that is 5700 in the hospital and only 94 have died then 1.4% is extremely lower than 2018/2019 flu season.

The % of hospitalized people because of flu is not the total number of people infected. Which is why your numbers seem to imply the flu is more deadly when it isn't.

These are the more correct "estimated" numbers.

CDC estimates that influenza has resulted in between 9 million - 45 million illnesses, between 140,000 - 810,000 hospitalizations and between 12,000 - 61,000 deaths annually since 2010.

Disease Burden of Influenza

If you want to find the real infection % and death rate you have to include all infections, which since 2010 go between 9 million and 45 millions, which puts the death rate from influenza much, much, much, much lower than from COVID-19.

The lower number of infected is 9,000,000 and the dead from those infected is 14,000 = 0.155% death rate from influenza.

The higher number of infected 45,000,000 and the dead from those infected is 61,000 = 0.135% death rate from influenza.

edit on 17-3-2020 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

No one knows the total # of people affected each year. These are all estimates.

I know I’ve had the flu and never reported to anyone. And I can’t be the only one. The lower classes get the flu and still go to work. No doctor unless they fear death. So are any of these numbers accurate?

Those are pretty big variances in your own CDC numbers. They can’t even get an accurate number of people who went to the hospital.

What if it’s 9 million with 60K deaths?

The only thing certain is no one really knows.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

No one knows the total # of people affected each year. These are all estimates.

I know I’ve had the flu and never reported to anyone. And I can’t be the only one. The lower classes get the flu and still go to work. No doctor unless they fear death. So are any of these numbers accurate?

The only thing certain is no one really knows.

Actually we do know the "estimated cases" from influenza and COVID-19, and sorry to say COVID-19 is much more deadly than influenza, and that is a fact.

It's ironic how when someone seems to prove your point you immediately jump the gun and claim "see? it is not that bad". But when more correct numbers are given proving your point false you immediately claim "but no one knows for real..."

Estimated numbers are educated estimates, and they are close to the truth.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Logic is losing. Fear is winning. Let’s all stay inside and do what the government tells us for the rest of our lives because people might die.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

The % of hospitalized people because of flu is not the total number of people infected. Which is why your numbers seem to imply the flu is more deadly when it isn't.

I wasn't implying the flu is deadlier, just that people in hospital beds is something we can actually count as are those who die. Total number who knows... The 10% for 2018/2019 is just an index number to compared known data. The actual death rate is .1%ish, but when you can have 5000 to 200 million as infected I think we need numbers that are more reliable in the ability to count correctly to even say something like 1.4% or 7.7%.

edit on 17-3-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

BTW, you also forget that COVID-19 is more infectious than influenza.

If what is happening in Italy continues and let's say 9,000,000 Italians get infected, if the death rate 7.7% continues, it would mean Italy could have 693,000 dead, and only if 9 million are infected.

If 45,000,000 get infected (there are over 60 million people in Italy) and the death rate at 7.7% continues, it would mean Italy could have 3,465,000 dead.

Do you understand now how serious this is?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

BTW, you also forget that COVID-19 is more infectious than influenza.

If what is happening in Italy continues and let's say 9,000,000 Italians get infected, if the death rate 7.7% continues, it would mean Italy could have 693,000 dead, and only if 9 million are infected.

If 45,000,000 get infected (there are over 60 million people in Italy) and the death rate at 7.7% continues, it would mean Italy could have 3,465,000 dead.

Do you understand now how serious this is?

I think influenza is typically 1 to 2.1, so what is COVID-19?

Is that 7.7% represent EVERYONE with it or is it only people that develop more serious symptoms that need more medical treatment? This is why we should compare apples to apples and the only way to do that accurately is to use good numbers and hospital bed/death count are about as best we can get.

In America only people who need hospital care are being tested so the 5700 tested is safe to assume most went to the hospital, so how does 94 deaths equate to something that you are saying is much more deadlier. Even Italy's 7.7% is about inline with the flu IF it is also based on people who actually needed to go to the hospital.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
You can only take so much stock on any countries numbers due to how every country is testing.

The numbers in the USA could potentially look much better than they do now even if our amount of confirmed cases go up. The testing guidelines in place are still quite restrictive and won't test many people who appear to have the virus.

In Boise where I live, we have visibility to many people who are getting sent home this week and not being tested and being told they have 'bronchitis' because they don't fit the criteria of at risk or recent people who have left the area.

I understand at first orange man may have wanted to limit testing to minimize economic impact, but right now it is an enemy. Testing everyone could potentially lessen fear if you have 1,000,000 confirmed cases and 400 dead. I don't quite understand why we still have the testing restrictions in place.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join