It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Broad-spectrum effects of antimicrobial copper against visuses and other pathogens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I have been looking into the very broad-spectrum antimicrobial effects of copper and found it is when used properly it has a 97% kill rate of colonies of a variety of pathogens. It has been shown to in fact kill influenza A in testing. The mechanism of action should work just as wells against any strain of flu virus including H1N1, Coronavirus, and pretty much any variant. It is not a drug or for internal use but for external defense and static protection against contamination in public spaces. It has been for centuries.

With our manufacturing processes today we can use antimicrobial copper in many new and innovative ways not available in ancient times.

If you want a quick synopsis of this subject with the research behind it to check out this article.
SOURCE NIH: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

If you want to visit this public Facebook Group with all of this documentation, and resources and lots of other articles about this visit: Antimicrobial Copper

edit on 3/14/2020 by machineintelligence because: added content

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Does that mean I can chew on my 1940 Wheat penny and be safe?

a reply to: machineintelligence

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

It might take a bit more effort and thought than that. They are now doing face masks, gloves and other items with copper infused in the fabric. The success rate when used properly is very high. I expect many door handles and other items you touch in public will have a nice shiny copper appearance to them in the very near future as well.

edit on 3/14/2020 by machineintelligence because: updated

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Were you born with a silver spoon in your mouth?

Not about wealth.... but about health.

Door push plates and door handles used to be brass and coins used to be copper, silver and gold.... all bacteria and virus killers.....things that the hands would have been touching on a regular basis. All have been removed from the system.

edit on 14-3-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

A silver spoon in the mouth prevents thrush. A big issue with babies especially. Yes, almost all of the noble metals are antimicrobial and not harmful to humans. The lowest cost and most common metal of this nature is copper. This is based on how electropositive the metal is. The antimicrobial effect is electrical in nature not chemical.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:58 AM
link   
A friend of mine buys copper 'Ayeurvedic' tongue scrapers on Amazon. I think they're pretty inexpensive. When anyone in her family starts getting a cold sore, they press the copper surface of the tongue scraper against the sore for 2 minutes. She claims the cold sore disappears within a couple hours, without a trace, like it was never there.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Around where I live they have a lot of brass and/or copper handles, push bars, railings etc at many of the public buildings here and some private institutions as well where they might have large amounts of people each day.

I used to see this a lot more but because of cost they stopped using those materials much and using cheap steel or plastic covered crap. I suspect that this virus may bring back somewhat of a demand for those anti microbial metals. They should have just stuck with that instead of cheap Chinese made garbage.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Cold sores as the name indicates is a virus infection so that makes perfect sense.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BerkshireEntity

I would agree with your observations and conclusions.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Can we be sure that cost is the reason why the metal has been replaced??
Maybe it is a conspiracy?

How many will be rushing to get the vaccine as soon as it is released?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   

I heard a quote today. A man's son asks why they did not buy the cheaper items. His father said, "we are too poor to purchase the cheap stuff". His son asks "how does this make sense". The father replied, "if you purchase the cheap stuff you have to just buy it again costing more in the long run".

Perhaps this crisis will be such a teaching moment for the world by the time it is over.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:22 AM
link   
When the farm owners want more cattle they will.
At present they feel the need to cull.

I don't think they need to learn..... 'they' know how to farm (humans) effectively.

edit on 14-3-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:22 AM
link   

There is a similar pearl of wisdom about cheap people "knowing the price of everything, but the value of nothing".

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Fyi:

To be considered as antimicrobial an alloy must contain at least 60% copper. The Copper Development Association has a section on their website devoted to this topic.

www.copper.org...

www.copperalloystewardship.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Lol....that was a bit in jest. I had a floatron in my pool in flotrida which allowed me to reduce chlorine.

It has a sacrificial electrode made of copper, silver, and zinc . It put out ions that killed off algeas and stuff, so yeah, i get how that can work.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Foundryman

That is the least number. It, of course, works better the higher copper purity you go. Nowadays contact surfaces can be hot ionized with microns of pure copper which is of course the most effective.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
You make a good point. This is a conspiracy website after all. Perhaps the run at copper and other anti microbial metals will raise the demand and hence raise the price of copper, zinc, etc

And like you said about the vaccines, there will be a very large percentage of the population that will jump at it the minute it is available for use. The pharmaceutical companies making it will make many billions off of that for sure. Especially if they tell you that you need it yearly. That's a sure fire way to guarantee billions in revenue year after year.

Maybe the dems are involved because Trump wants to make medications more affordable, and that would affect the pharmaceutical industry bottom line (even though they would still bring in enormous profits) idk. Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I take a copper supplement every day, I am originally from the Copper country and I can get deficient because I do have some enzymes that deplete it in my body being produced at a higher rate because of where I grew up with it in the water so much. I feel better with the copper supplement but do realize too much coppercan actually cause cancer and tumors to grow blood vessels in it more readily.

Sp watch not to overdo copper, a medicine for one thing can cause another problem to occur. One hundred percent of RDA is enough for the majority of people, or just buy strawberries grown in high copper soils. Or maybe good chocolate that is made in huge copper pots, the more expensive and tastier kinds. Turmeric grows better in copper soils too in India.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Interesting that you mention metal price because copper is actually a bargain right now due to the economic slowdown. I think I will go buy some.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Yeah good time to buy it looks like. I was hoping maybe it would have gone up cuz I have approximately 200 lbs of scrap copper pipe and wire I've had since last year and like 90 lbs of brass pipe fittings in a couple 5 gallon buckets. I want to check the scrap price for carbide or tungsten as I want to buy some at a low price (I hope anyway)

top topics

join