It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOOD NEWS - The USA Covid-19 Virus Death Toll is Far Lower Than Predicted and Feared.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   

edit on 10-3-2020 by MarlbBlack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: FredT
That is good news. While some people keep pointing to an overreaction, I think that will keep the numbers low enough to not overwhelm the healthcare system.

Since the virus is rarely deadly for those under age 70, its not likely that a 40 year old will be hospitalized, even if he/she does test positive and just has the sniffles.

There are 17 million Americans over 70,

68 Million Americans over 60.

Still very nasty, not to mention I really do not want to be on a ventilator for weeks and pay a 100K hospital bill. There is much real cause for concern.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Still very nasty, not to mention I really do not want to be on a ventilator for weeks and pay a 100K hospital bill. There is much real cause for concern.

Those same people are also highly acceptable to the common flu too... Actually its 85 and older if no underlining respiratory problems. This is from a year ago...

Hospitalization rates among adults aged 85 years and older were 2-6 times greater than rates for adults aged 65-74 years.
The highest hospitalization rates occurred during H3N2 predominant seasons.
Patients aged 85 years and older had an increased risk of developing pneumonia and in-hospital death or transfer to hospice compared to hospitalized patients aged 65-74 years.
The frequency of fever and several other typical symptoms of influenza decreased in frequency with age beyond 65 years, underscoring importance of flu testing and clinical discretion in rapid treatment in older adults.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Not looking so hot in Italy.

threadreaderapp.com...

edit on 10-3-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thunderheart
This is stupid, im an RN in north Louisiana and i know for a fact that there are zero test kits for corona virus in our small town of 15k people, drs are calling around to other drs because patients are symptomatic for the flu but test negative for A/B strains and want to test them for Corona.
The number of people infected is unknown so the n7mber of deaths from it is also unknown.

What would the "cause of death" be listed as?

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

So, it's looking like the United State of America is faring very well, compared to what so many other countries are enduring. The early, proactive declaration of a *U.S. Public Health Crisis by the Trump administration, was critical in keeping the severity of Covid-19 inside the USA, to a minimum.

*U.S. Declares Public Health Emergency Jan 31, 2020: www.nbcnews.com...

-CareWeMust

I been saying we will most likely end up with .6 or less in the end. Still high, but when you look at the typical flu that has killed 10% of those hospitalized it kind of paints a different picture in where we should be looking for numbers. I think like 16 or 17 have died in the Seattle-area care facility, so if we removed those numbers we are talking like 10 people. BTW since the cov19 infected the care facility they have like another 15 died due to other reasons... People there are extremely sick. That 708 is most likely 10,000 or more BTW...

Its strange that Grade Schools, High Schools, and Colleges shut down, yet very few people in those age groups contract CoronaVirus. And the few who do, recover back to 100% good health.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51
Good to hear. I think things are going to start settling down. A lot of this when it started was people not knowing what it was. The more becomes known the more people will relax and see it for what it is.

Hopefully the end result is a populace that is a little more conscience of cleanliness and more effort towards personal health.

There will be a lot of good fringe benefits to society as a whole, if CoronaVirus changes permanent behaviors in that direction. Good point!

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
That is good news. While some people keep pointing to an overreaction, I think that will keep the numbers low enough to not overwhelm the healthcare system.

Since the virus is rarely deadly for those under age 70, its not likely that a 40 year old will be hospitalized, even if he/she does test positive and just has the sniffles.

Yes, there is cause for concern for folks in those age brackets, from both Flu and CoronaVirus. Both viruses yield about a 4% mortality rate for Seniors.

Thankfully, most of the senior citizens in my area are not venturing out, except to the grocery stores. They're looking out for their health as advised by the medical experts.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:17 AM
link   
My God. The Flu has killed 10's of thousands in the U.S. this year alone.
And there is a vaccine for it.

I'll bet if there was a vaccine for the corona virus that even the people who refuse the flu shot for whatever reason, would sell their first born for it.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Not looking so hot in Italy.

threadreaderapp.com...

Thanks for sharing that first-hand account from a medical worker. The "Lombardy" section of Italy was hit the hardest by CoronaVirus. Hopefully, medical teams, supplies and other resources are flooding into that area by now.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spader
My God. The Flu has killed 10's of thousands in the U.S. this year alone.
And there is a vaccine for it.

I'll bet if there was a vaccine for the corona virus that even the people who refuse the flu shot for whatever reason, would sell their first born for it.

It depends on what our (USA) look-back memory of the CoronaVirus is, when the vaccine becomes available. if it was just 3 months of Media Generated Hysteria, with few deaths, most people won't bother going to the doctor for their CoronaVirus shot.

Thousands of Americans died from the H1N1 virus, just 10 years ago. Was there a big rush for the vaccine after it was developed? I don't recall.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

So what your saying is PANIC , get all the toilet paper and bottled water that you can , barricade yourself and shoot anyone with a cough.

Lets just hope it doesnt spread as fast as an ats corona vjrus thread.

How did you interpret my post as an urging to PANIC? Go give your eyes a rest, interupt42.

I think they were "joking" Care, don't feed the troll

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 03:50 AM
link   
There are people that young being hospitalized. lest we forget the 34 y o ophthalmologist who died in Wuhan

In Italy for example, where it is overwhelming the hospitals they have to make a quick decision on who gets the ventilator, it will come down to age. A 40 y o not breathing will get it over a 70 y o not breathing, so there you have your deaths that account for the elderly. Source

While the range of symptoms for the two viruses is similar, the fraction with severe disease appears to be different. For COVID-19, data to date suggest that 
80% of infections are mild or asymptomatic, 
15% are severe infection, requiring oxygen and 
5% are critical infections, requiring ventilation. These fractions of severe and critical infection would be higher than what is observed for influenza infection.
WHO

edit on 10-3-2020 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2020 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

When CNN runs a story showing how CoronaVirus danger in South Korea is now lessening, you know the network senses that people are getting tired of them pressing the PANIC button.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Are we still saying "Wait until next week? Wait until next week?"

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Of those 708 cases, 27 of the infected have passed away...with 19 of the deaths occurring in Washington State. The average age of the deceased is 80.

Current CDC number (as of March 10, 2020, 12:29EST) is 647/25, which is a 3.8% mortality rate.

According to yours, 708/27 is also 3.8%.

While the numbers are low, the mortality rate is high among cases known.
edit on 10-3-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Also, that flu death rate for the elderly would be much higher if not for the annual flu shots given to the elderly population at a much higher rate.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

When CNN runs a story showing how CoronaVirus danger in South Korea is now lessening, you know the network senses that people are getting tired of them pressing the PANIC button.

"If it Bleeds it Leads" has run it course much like this virus will.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

According to yours, 708/27 is also 3.8%.

While the numbers are low, the mortality rate is high among cases known.

So what you are saying is it means nothing then... most of the 27 was from one care facility that even another 15+ have also died in the last week or so for other reasons...That kind of skews the numbers a good deal, plus you said the magic word "known", lets say total cases were 10,000 and the virus didn't touch that care facility...we would have 10,000/10. I bet my number here is closer to the truth than 708/27.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

"If it Bleeds it Leads" has run it course much like this virus will.

Indeed! If you Google "Newsom Trump Coronavirus", you'll see that the Anti-America outlets of (CNN, CBS, NBC, ABC, etc..) are not in the top results of media outlets reporting these California Governor Gavin Newsom statements, praising the Trump Administration.

"His administration ... has been consistent with the expectation that we repatriate these passengers," the Democratic governor said during a press conference, "and we do it in a way that does justice to the spirit that defines the best of our country and the state of California."

"He said, 'We're going to do the right thing, and you have my support,'" he continued. "He said everything that I could have hoped for. ... And every single thing he said, they followed through on."
Source: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

90% of the Mainstream Media are Anti-America Panic-stoking terrorists. That's why the number of lawsuits and actions against them continue to mount.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join