It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOOD NEWS - The USA Covid-19 Virus Death Toll is Far Lower Than Predicted and Feared.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Monday, March 9, 2020

As of this afternoon, there have been 708 CoronaVirus-19 cases identified within the USA, since the first case was diagnosed on January 21st.

Of those 708 cases, 27 of the infected have passed away...with 19 of the deaths occurring in Washington State. The average age of the deceased is 80.

SOURCE - Comprehensive regularly updated stats w/charts: www.worldometers.info...

What this boils down to is a Covid-19 mortality rate inside the USA of 3.8%, which is equal to, or less than, the percentage of older adults killed by the common flu.

Influenza-caused In-hospital death, or transfer to hospice, occurred in:
225 (3.8%) patients aged 65–74 years,
370 (5.3%) patients aged 75–84 years,
and 588 (8.7%) patients aged ≥85 years.
Source: academic.oup.com...

As the number of tests inside the U.S. continue to increase, it's a certainty that we'll see the mortality rate decline significantly.

For instance, in South Korea, of the more than 7,300 CoronaVirus-19 infections, only 50 people have died. That's a mortality rate of just 0.6%.

Source: www.cnn.com...

So, it's looking like the United State of America is faring very well, compared to what so many other countries are enduring. The early, proactive declaration of a *U.S. Public Health Crisis by the Trump administration, was critical in keeping the severity of Covid-19 inside the USA, to a minimum.

*U.S. Declares Public Health Emergency Jan 31, 2020: www.nbcnews.com...

-CareWeMust

edit on 3/9/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Cool, let's hope it does not get worse.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   
That is good news. While some people keep pointing to an overreaction, I think that will keep the numbers low enough to not overwhelm the healthcare system.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Hang on I thought you said CNN and NBC were terrorist networks trying to bring down the big orange, what happened are they trusted sources now ?

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   
South Korea did MASSIVE testing on healthy, which has helped them contain it. The US has done very little testing, and only on people who have been exposed and are showing symptoms that fit the criteria.
We are still in the very early stages. Wait another week or two and the numbers will give a much different picture.

link   

originally posted by: infolurker

It will get worse. That is inevitable. But if we can slow it down we can spread things out

link   

So what your saying is PANIC , get all the toilet paper and bottled water that you can , barricade yourself and shoot anyone with a cough.

Lets just hope it doesnt spread as fast as an ats corona vjrus thread.
edit on 45331America/ChicagoMon, 09 Mar 2020 23:45:15 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

It will get worse. That is inevitable. But if we can slow it down we can spread things out

In 6-8 weeks we will definitely know.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Since this was an unknown virus prior to December 2019, anything can happen. All we have to go on is past history of other viruses.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   

That is good news. While some people keep pointing to an overreaction, I think that will keep the numbers low enough to not overwhelm the healthcare system.

Since the virus is rarely deadly for those under age 70, its not likely that a 40 year old will be hospitalized, even if he/she does test positive and just has the sniffles.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Hang on I thought you said CNN and NBC were terrorist networks trying to bring down the big orange, what happened are they trusted sources now ?

The Trump Campaign and a couple of Congressmen have filed significant lawsuits against CNN recently. Although CNN talking heads have slightly toned down their Trump-hatred, it's only temporary. The network is run by an anti-America terrorist.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Lets hope this is the case.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1
How was South Korea able to pump out over 1 million test kits, in less than 30 days, for a virus that's never been seen before?

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   

We can keep things damped down until a cure and vaccine are ready. Good thinking!

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

So what your saying is PANIC , get all the toilet paper and bottled water that you can , barricade yourself and shoot anyone with a cough.

How did you interpret my post as an urging to PANIC? Go give your eyes a rest, interupt42.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: interupt42

How did you interpret my post as an urging to PANIC? Go give your eyes a rest, interupt42.

So now you are saying the coronavirus is making people go blind.
More Panic we are doomed

I was being sarcastic tw

edit on 10331America/ChicagoTue, 10 Mar 2020 00:10:48 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   
This is stupid, im an RN in north Louisiana and i know for a fact that there are zero test kits for corona virus in our small town of 15k people, drs are calling around to other drs because patients are symptomatic for the flu but test negative for A/B strains and want to test them for Corona.
The number of people infected is unknown so the n7mber of deaths from it is also unknown.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

So, it's looking like the United State of America is faring very well, compared to what so many other countries are enduring. The early, proactive declaration of a *U.S. Public Health Crisis by the Trump administration, was critical in keeping the severity of Covid-19 inside the USA, to a minimum.

*U.S. Declares Public Health Emergency Jan 31, 2020: www.nbcnews.com...

-CareWeMust

I been saying we will most likely end up with .6 or less in the end. Still high, but when you look at the typical flu that has killed 10% of those hospitalized it kind of paints a different picture in where we should be looking for numbers. I think like 16 or 17 have died in the Seattle-area care facility, so if we removed those numbers we are talking like 10 people. BTW since the cov19 infected the care facility they have like another 15 died due to other reasons... People there are extremely sick. That 708 is most likely 10,000 or more BTW...

edit on 10-3-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Good to hear. I think things are going to start settling down. A lot of this when it started was people not knowing what it was. The more becomes known the more people will relax and see it for what it is.

Hopefully the end result is a populace that is a little more concience of cleanliness and more effort towards personal health.

I dont have a lot of faith that will happen though.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51
Good to hear. I think things are going to start settling down. A lot of this when it started was people not knowing what it was. The more becomes known the more people will relax and see it for what it is.

Hopefully the end result is a populace that is a little more concience of cleanliness and more effort towards personal health.

I dont have a lot of faith that will happen though.

Its a great wake up call for everyone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join