It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOW Opens Down Over 1800 Points Today

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

They will tell you its panic to fake news.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

No most folks don't know that. It was named because they thought it came out of Spain during the war.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

It's a new virus and you do not know how it is going to behave.
Seasonal?
Let's start with human corona virus is not a known killer. This one is.
Novel in this case is not a story. It's new.

We all hope for the best but this virus is behaving differently than previous human corona virus. So saying it's seasonal is just a guess. A hope. You don't know.
No one does right now.
Better to be safe than sorry to throw out one more cliche.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
It needs a new name for better marketing something Hip but old school. Captain Trips!!! That has a nice ring to it. Easier to remember too!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You and DC are such jokesters.
Him with six dead bodies in the cellar and you with those women in cages in the barn.
Sure take those towels.
Ya can't get your hands on a hotel ashtray these days when smoking is a crime.
When I was a kid I thought all ashtrays said Hilton on them.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The fed announced today that instead of throwing 100 billion into the markets, it will be 150 billion...
So, will the this money be returned to the govt coffers or will thec future taxpayers get the priviledge of dealing with the bill.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: ketsuko

So the ones who die are just expendable?

A lot of my friends are over fifty and I don't want to lose one.

How many dead is not many?

I mean if it's 1% that's about three million dead.

I'm going to borrow a stance from my husband, who has dietary allergies and despises people who make others bend over backwards to accommodate those with allergies instead of being proactive themselves about their issues.

Do yourself a favor and isolate YOURSELF, don't make everyone else's lives come to a grinding halt just because you're more medically vulnerable. I assure you, if we are not sick and have no reason to stay home, our activities and errands will NOT stop because you demand so. You are the weak link, YOU stay home. There, you just avoided everything that could potentially kill you a few years/decades early instead, much easier that way all around on everyone. Including you, if you'd get your head out of your hind end. Stock up, and go full hermit until Fall. It's not going to bother the rest of us much, if at all.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
The fed announced today that instead of throwing 100 billion into the markets, it will be 150 billion...
So, will the this money be returned to the govt coffers or will thec future taxpayers get the priviledge of dealing with the bill.

I see the Fed balance sheet approaching negative $6 Trillion...from the present -$4 trillion with all those overpriced, derivatives they are still holding from the Great Recession crisis

I think the 'bend but don't break' idea is kaput now...the Fed is gonna have to invent something else to keep the global populace confident in the USD...Or Else

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Look how low IQ people respond to President Trump's tweet about real savings.

mobile.twitter.com...

They cannot comprehend that real savings is better for the consumer than temporary losses on a sheet of paper.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Yeah thanks. I think I can deal with the situation in my own.
Have a nice day.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Have a nice day.

So can others. So stop telling everyone else how to react and who for. Be proactive for you and only you, operate under the assumption no one else matters or cares.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Real savings is the cash I have stashed under my mattress, the surplus of canned foods and other items I would need to buy and couldnt go without In the future..
Everything else is a gamble.
My granny taught me that..

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Have a nice day.

Cool. Now you can stop telling others how they should be feeling.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

You and DC are such jokesters.

Well, our nations capitol is full of jokesters, I mean look what laws they pass.

Or did you mean DB?

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

In so many ways, our parents and grandparents were much wiser then we are.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Why does the media care so much about the stock market now, when two weeks ago they were saying the stock market did not help the average man and woman... it was only for the greedy fat cats.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
What is up with oil? There is talk it will go to 20 bucks a barrel...

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The fed is pumping an additional 50 billion on top of the 100 billion it had already announced it was to help stabilized the fat cats playground from conana mania...
It's the fat cats playground when it's doing well... but it usually ends up being the headache of the little ones when it falters and needs to be rescued.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

RUSSIA,RUSSIA,RUSSIA ,really this time, and well the Saudis but hey it's short term pissing contest

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Here's my question...
They seem to have, or is planning to throw 150 billion into the markets. So, is the fed going out and buying stocks or are they giving low interest/no interest loans to a few select banks or super wealthy buddies for them to buy them? And, how often have they been doing this?

Could it lead to either the fed or their few select buddies managing to get controlling interests in the companies?
I mean, if they ended up with all the valueless derivatives after the housing crash, they ended up with the ownership of the real estate, which ya.. alot of it they bundled up and sold off at pennies for the dollar to big time investors and real estate developers... and I dont believe private ownership of homes ever recovered from that.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join