It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Pyramid Of Giza And Why It Was Probably Not A Tomb

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Show me the AE artwork or written statements that show the Grand Gallery used as a counterweight system. Prove to me that’s what it was.
Now, this quite logical proposal is NOT accepted by ‘mainstream’ Egyptologists (as is houdins square spiral) so therefore Harte, it appears you are just posting a ‘theory’, proof of nothing .
Let’s all rip you for that, as you do others who post the same.
You got nothing .
So stop pretending in your capacity as a pseudo academic that you know how it was done. You most certainly don’t, it’s just your confirmation bias and ‘beliefs’ holding your own position in place.
reply to: Harte

edit on 16-4-2020 by bluesfreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Another interesting view regarding this image , the amount of men in the wall picture , water, a comparison to an earlier ‘statue pulling ‘ picture at Saqqara where only 3 men are illustrated pulling a statue .
Shows that different views have been raised about this picture, different methods for moving it proposed.
There isn’t one single unified view of these methods proposed after all .
Read on...
Engineering questions regarding the Statue Pull

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

The problem with ancient Egypt is that 99% of it is just academic speculation, assumptions served as facts.

And to make things worse, these speculations have been going around unquestioned for a hundred years, and they are good at keeping it that way.

No better than Erich Von Däniken.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Another thing gleaned from the article above is how less detailed the Wiki line drawing is from the original. Loads missing , including lots of script.
On a personal level , being a fabricator , my eye was drawn to these three chaps below the statue , what are they carrying ? Looks functional to me ..

So I decided to look up Percy Newberry’s account of this picture , look what the object they are carrying is described as...

“Carrying logs of conveyance “ — , an aid to help move an object ??
An interesting object I think, quite large.
Could be quite an efficient looking lever.
I’d like to see if it appears in other artwork . ... seen it before , Byrd?

edit on 16-4-2020 by bluesfreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: bluesfreak

Too many possible interpretations but if you are taking a poll I'd say this might be related to the Salome scene in the movie Rainman.

You said it looked "big" to you.
Anybody else see toothpicks being tossed on a chessboard in that movie?

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Too many possible interpretations but if you are taking a poll I'd say this might be related to the Salome scene in the movie Rainman. You said it looked "big" to you. Anybody else see toothpicks being tossed on a chessboard in that movie?
a reply to: Slichter

Sorry, what did I say was ‘big’?
Are you referring to the object that 3 men are carrying?

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: solve

The problem with ancient Egypt is that 99% of it is just academic speculation, assumptions served as facts.

And to make things worse, these speculations have been going around unquestioned for a hundred years, and they are good at keeping it that way.

No better than Erich Von Däniken.

I take it that you're not a member of ARCE? If you were, you would know how many things that were believed at the time of Champoleon have been overturned and how many bits of Egyptology since the 1900's has been modified or changed or added to or overturned.

And you might also be able to read hieroglyphs like the Egyptologists... instead of reading websites. If you love Egypt, the best thing you can do is take one of the free courses (I recommend Manley and Collier's book) and learn to read the hieroglyphs.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluesfreak
Another thing gleaned from the article above is how less detailed the Wiki line drawing is from the original. Loads missing , including lots of script.
On a personal level , being a fabricator , my eye was drawn to these three chaps below the statue , what are they carrying ? Looks functional to me ..

So I decided to look up Percy Newberry’s account of this picture , look what the object they are carrying is described as...

“Carrying logs of conveyance “ — , an aid to help move an object ??
An interesting object I think, quite large.
Could be quite an efficient looking lever.
I’d like to see if it appears in other artwork . ... seen it before , Byrd?

No, this is unique as far as I know. They didn't really start bragging on their accomplishments until the Middle Kingdom and New Kingdom. Building a shrine or temple (or even one of the pyramids) wasn't something that they cared to have listed as an accomplishment (pyramid building went on after Giza).

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Quite large and potentially an actual working piece drawn to scale if it was wood.
It is part of a more symbolic scene which would also support some kind of tallying symbolism.

The story of Salome and John the baptist has some possibly less dire geometrical interpretations.
The point I was trying to make though was that its likely too esoteric to hazard a guess without more context.

edit on 16-4-2020 by Slichter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Quite large and potentially an actual working piece drawn to scale if it was wood. It is part of a more symbolic scene which would also support some kind of tallying symbolism. The story of Salome and John the baptist has some possibly less dire geometrical interpretations. The point I was trying to make though was that its likely too esoteric to hazard a guess without more context.

Indeed; although the three fellows carrying this piece of equipment are featured on the same row as the ‘water/oil carriers’ - plainly important, necessary to the task at hand .
“conveyance”
/kənˈveɪəns/

noun
the action or process of transporting or carrying someone or something from one place to another.
a reply to: Slichter

edit on 17-4-2020 by bluesfreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 06:18 AM
link   

And the carriers balance their load of two containers on their shoulders.
As above the sheets/pages in the process of being turned have two sides.
New Wine into Old Wineskins potentially becomes important in probability calculations?
That is why I mentioned chess boards which offer 64 square tiles, a more manageable "sized" experimental area for a single researcher.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Don’t really know what you’re talking about mate ,to be honest...
Perhaps you could explain ?! a reply to: Slichter

edit on 17-4-2020 by bluesfreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Time to pack up the wagon and leave.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Adios!! a reply to: Slichter

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slichter

Quite large and potentially an actual working piece drawn to scale if it was wood.

The hieroglyphs say it's a stone statue.

There's not enough good wood in Egypt to make a statue that size.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

So pyramids.. -yeah lets just do that-

Get some premium lumber from Africa, -Nope, totally impossible-

Again with the assumptions.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluesfreak
Show me the AE artwork or written statements that show the Grand Gallery used as a counterweight system. Prove to me that’s what it was.

Your claim was that they had "no viable explanation."
I gave you a viable explanation that "they" have. Obviously, not every Egyptologist agrees (nor on much of anything else that is unevidenced.)
Nobody is saying it was definitely done that way.
But you move the goalposts once again, demanding AE records of how it was constructed when you know full well such things don't exist for ANY AE construction.

Please note that even the Romans left very little evidence on exactly how they constructed any particular building. The Jupiter Temple at Baalbek shows they traced out their plans on the very stones they used to construct it - there's no central blueprint, if there ever was one.

Harte

edit on 4/18/2020 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

We are also just barely scraping the surface (as far as the Romans go) about what methods they used around the buildings to make them earthquake proof.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Thank you for that!

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

So pyramids.. -yeah lets just do that-

Get some premium lumber from Africa, -Nope, totally impossible-

Again with the assumptions.

Where, exactly do you think they'd have gotten the lumber in Africa? And how?

You may or may not be aware that they were trading partners with the Middle East since early dynastic times but the only real expedition south beyond Nubia took place in the time of Hatshepsut, around 1,000 years after Giza... and it was such a big, novel, and exciting expedition that they commemorated it in her temple.

So I'd love to know where you think they got premium lumber from (and why it contradicts all the information there is about lumber and wood that's already been found.)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join