It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Pyramid Of Giza And Why It Was Probably Not A Tomb

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
While Egyptologist Zahi Hawass frequently calls those who challenge the tomb hypothesis "Pyramidiots", there are (on a more objective level) some open questions that remain, making the Great Pyramid one of the most mysterious ancient sites we know. I acknowledge that the tomb theory is accepted in mainstream Egyptology, that's why the term "we" in the thread title refers to those of us who have an interest in the fringe side of science. I recently came across an interesting 20-minute vid that looks at the different aspects of why the tomb theory may be problematic:

And here goes a quick summary of what's being discussed and illustrated in the video for those of you who'd like to know what to expect before watching a 20-minute clip on YouTube. It's made up of three parts: general aspects, the interior and the purpose (as summarized briefly below).

GENERAL ASPECTS:

THE INTERIOR:

Interestingly, concerning the relieving chambers in the King's chamber (see images below), it's a bit odd that the builders added so many layers. Was it really necessary to install five chambers in order to deflect pressure and tension affecting the King's chamber so that it can have a flat, planar ceiling? And then one might ask, why did the King's chamber have to meet that specification? Solely for aestethic purposes? And why wouldn't a simple gabled ceiling, as in the Queen's chamber, have been sufficient?

KING'S CHAMBER

QUEEN'S CHAMBER

THE PURPOSE:

The actual purpose of the GP is of course still shrouded in mystery but different interpretations, apart fron the tomb hypothesis, include: astronomical calendar (alignment with Orion's belt), communicating key Earth measurements and mathematical knowledge (embedded in the GP's design), a power plant (powered machining evidence), a hydroelectric power station or ram pump, spiritual purposes (meditation, astral voyage) and potentially purposes related to electromagnetism/acoustics/vibrations due to the special properties of materials and structures inside the GP.

Whatever the real function might have been, I think many of the details mentioned in the video provide lots of ground for further discussions and it would be great to hear some of your thoughts on the subject. By the way, for those who have more time on their hands and like to dig even deeper, there's of course also the excellent documentary "The Revelation of the Pyramids" (YouTube link), which is a bit more spectacular and biased but very well made.

For the more traditionally inclined, and for a counter perspective, I recommend The Pyramids and Temples of Gizeh by Flinders Petrie, an excellent online edition including plates and drawings.

And finally, thanks for reading up to here and I look forward to your thoughts and comments!

SOURCES & LINKS:
-------------------
01. YouTube: The Mysteries of the Great Pyramid of Giza
02. Wikipedia: Geogrpahical Center of the Earth
03. YouTube: The Revelation of the Pyramids
04. Flinders Petrie: The Pyramids and Temples of Gizeh (Online Edition)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I've read, and I think I agree, that the Egyptians built the outer parts of the pyramids over existing structures that were already maybe thousands of years old. And the sphynx mayber was alot older and they reshaped it. I think that's the real mystery of Egyot.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Mark08

That's a possibility of course. I could imagine that mainstream theorists would point to red ocre paint being present in graffiti found in one of the relieving chambers and in one airshaft as far as I know.

There are many interior features, that are so well engineered, that it seems a bit doubtful that it was all just meant to be a tomb, especially when considering that no mummy (or anything else of importance) was ever found inside.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

It would make a good trippy sci-fi story if they discovered underneath the limestone blocks, the pyramids were the tips of very old skyscraper buildings buried beneath the sands

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Mark08

Fun fact: per today's definition, the three Giza pyramids would qualify as highrise buildings, maybe even skyscrapers. Constructed at a time when most of the world's population was running around in animal skins.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I remember seeing a theory they were a water pump of sorts. The Nile used to be much, much closer to where the plateau is.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mark08
I've read, and I think I agree, that the Egyptians built the outer parts of the pyramids over existing structures that were already maybe thousands of years old. And the sphynx mayber was alot older and they reshaped it. I think that's the real mystery of Egyot.

Unlikely, given that Egyptian hieroglyphs have been found inside the so-called "air shafts," which run through the core of the GP.

Harte

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: jeep3r

And here goes a quick summary of what's being discussed and illustrated in the video for those of you who'd like to know what to expect before watching a 20-minute clip on YouTube. It's made up of three parts: general aspects, the interior and the purpose (as summarized briefly below).

GENERAL ASPECTS:

The GP's interior is more complicated that Khafre's tomb other than that they are built in exactly the same manner.

It isn't the center of geographical center of the earth: en.wikipedia.org... It quite farther north.

Build of between 500,900,000 blocks the earlier number was an estimate that didn't take into accountant the hill incorporated into the pyramid

No degrees of craftsmanship are the same

Casing stones were cut and shaped like the limestone - no sign of 'concrete' use

Hieroglyphs found in the interior and current exterior

Limestone is in seawater and has salt in it as do all limestone building subjected to water

No pyramid has an explanations the first to do so I believe was Cestius's pyramid in Rome

Pyramids built in existing cemetery, had mortuary temple in front of it, AE language used a pyramid as the term for tomb, contain sarcophagus, have about them burial pits with ceremonial boats, no sign of burials of pharaohs elsehwere.

The first surviving building plan for any structure is from the 9th century AD

Almost all AE tombs were looted only one Pharaoh's tomb was not looted - and it wasn't Tut.

All ancient Roman emperor's tombs were looted, most ancient tombs of any culture were looted 99%.
...well ran out of time will comment further later

THE INTERIOR:

edit on 1/3/20 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Originally posted by: jeep3r

No hieroglyphics found ...

Khafre's Mortuary Temple had a hieroglyphic inscription.

And early Old Kingdom pyramid complexes did have decoration schemes - for instance, in Menkaure's pyramid.

But, in any case:

... between the Step Pyramid of Djoser at the start of the third dynasty and that of Unas at the end of the fifth dynasty no pyramid has interior chambers that are, in any way, decorated; that’s almost three whole dynasties ... (The Wrong Question)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Cough.. Cough.. 60nm silica spheres in the limestone?! cough.. cough..

Reconstituted limestone, Silicon dioxide aggregate.

Damn i think i have the corona or something.
edit on 1-3-2020 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The pyramids blow me away the more i research, after many years of digging im still being blown away, the size, scale, scope, accuracy, UNBELIEVABLE

A true enigma for generations to unravel, and at this age of science, the fact were still getting to grips with it is just incredible to think of alone

I personally believe they re part of a lost advanced civilization which existed long before the end of the last ice age 12,900 years ago

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

......and cleverly disguised as real limestone by being uniquely irregular and having random fossils put into them!!

I mean look at the intense regularity of the core stones of pyramids!

Yeah purely regular same as all the other ones ......oh wait

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
The pyramids blow me away the more i research, after many years of digging im still being blown away, the size, scale, scope, accuracy, UNBELIEVABLE

A true enigma for generations to unravel, and at this age of science, the fact were still getting to grips with it is just incredible to think of alone

I personally believe they re part of a lost advanced civilization which existed long before the end of the last ice age 12,900 years ago

Interesting what would you say are the three pieces of evidence that best support that idea?

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: Mark08

Unlikely, given that Egyptian hieroglyphs have been found inside the so-called "air shafts," which run through the core of the GP.

Harte

www.dailygrail.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Except Davidovits has been utterly unable to recreate what he said he sees in this "concrete" in a geopolymer laboratory, though he's tried many times, and still is trying, presumably. Evidently, the way he claims the concrete was made - necessary for it to look exactly like limestone - apparently doesn't work.

Maybe you should see a doctor about that cough.

Harte

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: jeep3r

GENERAL ASPECTS:

Some have calculated the GP is located at the Geographical centre of Earth, the projected center of landmass of the Earth

Interestingly, some others have calculated precisely the opposite.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

And at the same time scientist struggle to explain the presence of silica spheres that are present in the pyramid blocks and are not found on stone deposits around the area.

Strange world.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

This is also "cleverly" disguised as marble. (as it does indeed contain lots of marble)

But some people know this is not the case, there have always been builders and artists that know the secrets of the stones.

edit on 2-3-2020 by solve because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2020 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Except Davidovits has been utterly unable to recreate what he said he sees in this "concrete" in a geopolymer laboratory, though he's tried many times, and still is trying, presumably. Evidently, the way he claims the concrete was made - necessary for it to look exactly like limestone - apparently doesn't work.

I'm not 100% sure he succeeded in the end but I think I recall him demonstrating it at some point in the natural environment of the stones somewhere at or close to Giza.

Below is a quote of how the stone was re-agglomerated, according to him, from his original paper (which also addresses the issue of intact fossils found inside the stone):

It was not required to crush this stone, because it disaggregates easily with the Nile water during floods (the Wadi is filled with water at this time) to form a limestone mud. To this mud, they added reactive geological materials (mafkat, a hydrated alumina and copper silicate, overexploited at the time of Kheops in the Sinai mines) (...)

This limestone, re-agglomerated by geochemical reaction, naturally hardens to form resistant blocks. The blocks thus consist of 90 to 95% of natural limestone aggregates with its fossil shells, and from 5 to 10% of geological glue (a cement known as “geopolymeric” binder) based on aluminosilicates.

Source

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

a reply to: Hanslune

This is also "cleverly" disguised as marble. (as it does indeed contain lots of marble)

But some people know this is not the case, there have always been builders and artists that know the secrets of the stones.

Release from Deception is what the piece is called.

mymodernmet.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Yes saw it in Naples some years ago.

Took the fellow seven years to carve it from a single block of marble - care to provide contra-evidence that it was made in some other manner?

What about this one?

en.wikipedia.org...

www.khanacademy.org...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join