It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you doing anything differently because of Coronavirus?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser
Nope. I never really jump when Simon says though, and am surprised at how many people who have discussed Simon's very exclusive private ownership and lies and partnerships with propoganda agencies are all jumping to the beat.

At least it's good to see more people washing their hands. I have been a compulsive hand washer since 16 when I first got a food job. It is simple proper hygeine.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

We have been buying extra long term supplies every week at the grocery.
Lots of canned goods.
Extra toilet paper.

Normally we have enough around for probably a month of living conservatively “wouldn’t be happy about it in the last week,,,,lol” but now it’s closer to two months supply.

Not going paranoid crazy but still taking everything seriously..

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Only if it sneezes at you...but i shall keep this in mind.

a reply to: IAMTAT

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zrtst
Wife and I have a probably have 3 weeks of food in pantry and freezer. We stocked up on paper products. I'm going to pay for vacation insurance for the house we are renting for Spring break coming up first week of April. I'm hoping we can still drive the 20 hours there and back, and our route is not hampered by any closures.
Using hand sanitizer often

wear disposable gloves while pumping gas
I'm not joking either

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
mostly just trying to keep up with all these ATS threads. I normally wash my hands all the time anyway. Only thing really different is that now I am using clorox wipes on my phone, glasses, door handles, keys - everything that has been touched while out shopping - but not just for the cv concern, but also because the flu is going around here a lot and people seem to keep going to work sick
Am ready with extra supplies, but really hoping it doesn't come to shelter in place situation.

link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser

I say that as I personally am not worried about this illness at all. Why? 14-41k people died in US tied to the standard old flu in 2019.

www.cdc.gov...

I’m not trying to downplay the human toll for those who we lost but seriously - is anyone actually making material changes to their life/plans/schedule/habits because of Coronavirus?

Most snakes are harmless, but some are deadly. Some mushrooms are delicious, a few are agonizingly lethal.

In both cases, until you know which is which, it pays to be cautious around any snake or mushroom.

Likewise, various strains of the flu have been around long enough to be familiar, and yet thousands still die each year from them.

Covid-19 is new, hence the ”Novel” appellation, and so, by definition, we do not fully know what its capabilities are. Most likely it is similar to “flu” strains we’ve dealt with before.

But corn snakes and coral snakes look similar, too.
However, the latter can kill you.

That said, no, I’m not doing anything different at this time.

Depending on circumstances going forward, that may change.

link   
My partner and I both cancelled work trips, only because neither of us wanted to get stuck outside of Canada if any travel bans happen. We'll reasses in May.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I have not done anything different except instruct my wife to do three weeks of food shopping today instead of the usual one week. I won't know if she will actually do it once she is out.

I haven't noticed anyone acting different in my area (just outside of NY city). I've been to both the hardware store and the food market and did not notice anything out of stock.

We went out to dinner last night at a local chane restaurant and it did seem about 5% light on the crowd I expected for a Friday Night. We had to wait about 20 minutes for our table rather than the usual 30.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
My partner and I both cancelled work trips, only because neither of us wanted to get stuck outside of Canada if any travel bans happen. We'll reasses in May.

To me, this seems entirely reasonable. Not so much freaking out about the virus but rather thinking through the impact of a broader freak out.

Since I’m also aware that I could be entirely wrong in my views that this isn’t going to end the world... I personally will avoid international travel, stay off cruise ships and that’s about it. Not because I think the virus would kill me but because I don’t want to get stuck somewhere.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Picked up some extra stuff, wash my hands more often, trying to stop touching my face with dirty hands.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I have to admit that I find it very surprising, shocking even, to learn how quickly the situation has developed in Japan. Your posts have been illuminating, and I fear, perhaps, apocryphal.

Japan is what most in the US would consider a “modern” country, in most every way at least on par with the US (ahead of the US in many areas, truth be told).

The sheer geographic size of the US may, may afford us some degree of protection should this virus assume “plague” proportions.

But, important to the thrust of this thread, it has long been established that the majority of US citizens would be in dire straits were they forced to come up with as little as $400USD to cover an emergency expense.

Given that fact, it might be that most Americans are simply unable to fund “preparedness” measures for themselves and their families.
edit on 1-3-2020 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I have a couple clients that have canceled their business trips to Asia as a precaution.
Not really worried about the flu just avoiding a travel ban.
Haven’t heard anyone cancel in Mexico or Canada.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Not a whole lot different. I have already built up supplies for at least 6 months to where I wouldn't even need to leave my house. A big part of that starts with 6 50 lbs of rice. We just rotate through them as white rice will last 20 years. I have a good amount of freeze dried meat and veggies too. This build up was more for volcanoes or massive electrical grid failures, but hey its there.

I work in an adult training program and the flu every year is a concern. It is not good to have students and instructors go down X number of days in a training program, so in general we are anti-viral/bacterial conscience, I think every desk has hand sanitizer and Clorox disinfecting wipes are everywhere. I see more people doing knuckle bumps now instead of handshakes.

I have a walk in dry sauna in my house and that baby gets hot, so anytime I feel a chill in the winter I just go in there for 40 mins and I'm like radiating heat for two days.

edit on 1-3-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I have a couple clients that have canceled their business trips to Asia as a precaution.
Not really worried about the flu just avoiding a travel ban.
Haven’t heard anyone cancel in Mexico or Canada.

I'm heading to mexico in May, so I hope it is all over by then...Or Puerto Vallarta is bug free.

edit on 1-3-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Whelp, I HAD been planning to live in a first world society for a decade or two more...

but poop happens.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Postponed our Spring Break vacation - didn’t want to take our asthmatic child through 3 different international airports.

We are generally pretty well stocked but added a few additional items just in case there is a run on the grocery stores. Did pick up extra cleaning supplies and an extra gallon of bleach.

I also picked up a fingertip SpO2 monitor ($16) just in case I feel the need to check my kiddos blood oxygen levels as we go through peak allergy season. Don’t want to accidentally mistake his usual seasonal allergies for something more serious.

edit on 1-3-2020 by Buvvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I stocked up more than usual,gave my kids money to stock up, husband got mad, thats about it, but I will continue even when this is over.

You never know when they will quarantine you are my thoughts

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
not really doing anything different. nor does it seem anyone else is either. hard to tell if people are wearing masks more, since so many wear them all the time anyway, especially those who spend a lot of time on or around major roads.

in fact the only real difference i have seen was when i was at the mall the other day. with the security checkpoints at the entrances to malls having a big jug of hand sanitizer, and signs asking people to use it. plus everyone having their temperature checked before entering.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I find it peculiar how everyone is prepping for something that’s inevitable. Its in our world now, if it doesn’t get you now it will later. So you plan to keep avoiding people but for how long can you do this and survive economically?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join