It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you doing anything differently because of Coronavirus?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
So for all the freak out on the subject of Coronavirus - are any of you actually doing things differently because of it?

By that I mean cancelling travel, not going to stores, selling your earthly possessions, no eating out, etc.

I say that as I personally am not worried about this illness at all. Why? 14-41k people died in US tied to the standard old flu in 2019.

www.cdc.gov...

I’m not trying to downplay the human toll for those who we lost but seriously - is anyone actually making material changes to their life/plans/schedule/habits because of Coronavirus?
edit on 1-3-2020 by EnigmaChaser because: Oops

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

Washing my hands more.
Not much else.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I went out twice yesterday, once for groceries and once for tacos and margaritas, which was more than I had been out in the prior week combined.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Apart from some extra stocking up no, at least not yet. Just keeping aware of the situation as it develops but I wouldn't be a happy bunny if I lived in a big city.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Not really. I go to the grocer, work/work related places, small airports, etc.
I rarely eat at restaurants anyway.

I've always had good sanitary habits and I don't feel that this virus lives up to the panic. I'm far more concerned about the "normal" flu.

I'm not letting something like this ruin my day. But I'm always cautious with germs so I probably won't get it. And if I do, stay home and relax for a little while.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Great thread. Would be nice if it's just about how people get with their every day life,minus politics.

Here's what I've done.
I have bought enough "dry" and canned food for a month or so a week before there even was a case in my country.. I live in Scandinavia, if I told this to anyone I know they would be laughing their ass of (not that I blame them). My wife laughs at me too and thinks I'm panicking but after the latest developments (virus spreading through Europe) she has turned the corner with Corona and is worried.
On a positive note, we as a family have finally learned a thing or two about washing hands properly. This virus has finally opened our eyes (and most of the people I know) how important hand hygiene is.

edit on 1-3-2020 by XCrycek because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
my wife's teaching job is at a close
our rice is running low, stock at the stores are still ok, need to go tomorrow and buy some more
our ss check we hope will come
we no longer have an income coming in
we might have to sleep at the laundry mat across the street for we won't freeze tonight, got the sleeping bags in the car right now
snowing like a blizzard
maybe 20 below zero
wife made some rice balls with sour plum to eat at the laundry mat tonight
extreme times require extreme measures to survive
dont kid yourselves folks
had times are really coming to your front door
we here in this country are now about 3 days a head of america, an america that will change in 3 days from now

japan now has changed
we might as well think we are own our own now
the job situation now is bleak
construction jobs can not go on, material from china has not arrived

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

I went out twice yesterday, once for groceries and once for tacos and margaritas, which was more than I had been out in the prior week combined.

I went out yesterday. Filled up the car and dropped by the liquor store on the way home. I'm all stocked up now.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I'm doing my grocery shopping way early in the morning, "stocking up" on foords and supplies (beer) and using a virus killing hand sanitizer. Other than that, not much more than normally avoiding the flu and other various cooties. Does reading Coronavirus thread count?

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Washing my hands more.
Not much else.

me too.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser
So for all the freak out on the subject of Coronavirus - are any of you actually doing things differently because of it?

I intentionally cough in public now, particularly when I'm on an airplane, and complain about how bad the cruise I was just on due to all the sick people.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Btw. If you are in a country where there hasn't been any cases reported yet, get out and buy hand sanitizers because there won't be any left.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I intentionally cough in public now, particularly when I'm on an airplane, and complain about how bad the cruise I was just on due to all the sick people.

If the fat lady in the seat in front of you reclines her seat...just start coughing.
Watch how fast it goes back up.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I stocked up on water and emergency supplies and now I cough really loud in public to get people out of my way

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Definetly! Going to Hooters today instead of Waffle House.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

If the fat lady in the seat in front of you reclines her seat...just start coughing.
Watch how fast it goes back up.

Depends how fat she is
Corona can't beat gravity as of yet
edit on 1-3-2020 by XCrycek because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Wife and I have a probably have 3 weeks of food in pantry and freezer. We stocked up on paper products. I'm going to pay for vacation insurance for the house we are renting for Spring break coming up first week of April. I'm hoping we can still drive the 20 hours there and back, and our route is not hampered by any closures.
Using hand sanitizer often

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

I went out yesterday. Filled up the car and dropped by the liquor store on the way home. I'm all stocked up now.

I like it - I made the same preparations.

Maybe this thread won’t attract those who are taking serious actions but I suspect the majority of people are still doin what they were doin - even though the media is in full freak out mode. People will talk about it the same way the media does but then do nothing differently in their day to day lives.

I find it funny because when this subject comes up I tell people I’m not worried about it. Some people act like “how can you be so stupid/ignorant/uncaring!” Yet they continue to do all the things they used to....

Outrage culture is just annoying.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join