It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason Why Honey is the Best Medicine on Earth

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I would also like to know what effect the bee secretions have on the medicinal effects of the honey. And it's called "Apiculture."

All of this was studied by the National Institute of Health and the results are here:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

honey, propolis, and royal jelly, phenolic compounds are commonly present as flavonoids [20]. Various phenolic compounds contribute to the functional properties of bee products, including their antioxidant, antimicrobial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, antifungal, wound healing, and cardioprotective activities [21]. Figure 1 summarizes the important biological efficacies of bee products.

a reply to: muzzleflash

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: billxam

The NIH links are a great intro course and I recommend everyone read them. There are several.

As our research continues forward those abstracts will need to be greatly expanded in their scope.

Such an exciting time to live in!

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I don't live in fear of diseases.

In fact, I'm not afraid of a single biological weapons grade pathogen, no matter how much they tweaked and hybridized it.

I seek to impart that confidence to everyone else - there's no disease worth fearing when you're equipped with the right info.

Knowledge is the only true power in this world.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Been taking a teaspoon of elderberry liquid and a teaspoon of honey daily.
Haven't been sick all winter.
Helps with allergies also.
Best of all it all taste good.a reply to: muzzleflash

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I have had up to twelve hives in the past. The state flew right over my bee pasture last year around 12 noon and sprayed for mosquitoes. Now I have three hives......
We were on the "no spray list" and they are only supposed to spray at dusk or dawn, when the bees have returned to the hive.
I made several inquiries about how and why this happened, I guess they thought I was looking for some sort of reimbursement because the only thing they would tell me was that "it's a state of emergency".
I wanted them to understand one thing and one thing only:
By spraying at that time of the day you are killing all the local pollinators that small farms rely on to pollinate their fruits and veggies. Carpenter bees, sweat flies, bumble bees and even some wasp.
All the honeybees in America are feral. They were brought over by pilgrims and others over the years.

I love just watching them and the Honey is awesome.

Many of you should look into getting a hive or two.

Quad

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

I am horrified to hear of the govt recklessly spraying poison on any tract of land, and I'm especially shocked and outraged that they actually think it was beneficial in some way.

How retarded. They are destroying the foundation of our ecosystem!

All this spraying chemicals on nature needs to stop immediately.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
I'm sure honey is great, but I've strategically altered my physiology over the last 20 years for maximum efficiency. Functioning solely on coffee and hate.

I wouldn't want to mess up my Chi.

I endorse the coffee fueled rage diet.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: Blue Shift

Your going to have to read the rest off the thread to. See your assumption requires more analysis.

I like honey, but there's no such thing as a miracle cure-all as much as people would like there to be one.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash I got nervous about Manuka because at my grocery store it was RAW and there's a slight chance RAW honey can have botulism. No thank you!

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: smrthack
a reply to: muzzleflash I got nervous about Manuka because at my grocery store it was RAW and there's a slight chance RAW honey can have botulism. No thank you!

Only infants under 1 yr are at risk.

You aren't at risk.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: Blue Shift

Your going to have to read the rest off the thread to. See your assumption requires more analysis.

I like honey, but there's no such thing as a miracle cure-all as much as people would like there to be one.

Correct.
This is a "cure almost all".
It won't fix decapitation for example.

It is definitely the number 1 most versatile and potent medicine known to mankind though for almost all ailments.

I explained in the OP that's because it's borrowing from all of the Flora which are the source of almost all other medicines.

So it's like 90% of the pharmacy rolled into one package in a sense, without risking your body to countless side effects.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
99%+ of the population is completely misinformed and cynical.

But soon y'all will see that this is totally true and essentially will eradicate most diseases super quick and cheap. Especially when we start engineering it.

Time will do justice.
I'm very patient.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

There are so many questions though.

Like: How will you measure what compounds are in every strain of honey and decide which patients get which honey and at what dosage? That's not cheap.

How will you ensure the bees visit the right plants to ensure it has enough, say, Madagascar periwinkle pollen, to treat leukemia patients? Is the pollen even part of that equation? Will you grow it somewhere and limit certain bees to only those flowers? Who will keep all the necessary flowers? That isn't cheap.

How will the FDA react, as well as other regulatory boards?

Your idea could have so much merit, but by overstating it's benefits, scope, and ease of production, you're kind of limiting yourself.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I noticed this thread the other day. For about 18 months eating onions a whole onion cut into slices then diced and eating with burgers or cut up burgers. Try to eat 2 or 3 times a week recently 3. My violent cough felt better than went away. I have been smoking 22 years now. Trying to escape cancer. Read online onions and broccoli good antioxidant s against cancer.
Now eat all natural things drink or try to drink 4 16oz bottles of water with 4C ice tea inserts a day. Ran out 2 days ago but usually. 24 pack of water 2.50 at Shop rite . You have to put the cancer in your body somehow preservatives are bad , anything diet is bad aspartame .

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I don't think I overstated anything.

The price of honey vs the prices of all these medical bills is literally 100 times cheaper. Maybe 1000x.

I definitely didn't overstate it's benefits, I underreported them because there's way too much to list or detail.

It's not up to me to figure out every little thing about this. I am doing my part and aiding where I can. The scientists and farmers ought to fill the gaps.

The fact we're even having this discussion should be deeply worrisome as to what it says about the state of our civilization.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

If you think I overstated a benefit than please specify exactly.

Than we can discuss that and I'll try to show info that supports my claims.

If I somehow made a mistake I'll accept that.

But I'm pretty sure I'm right on with this one and that as time passes I'll be increasingly vindicated.

I have read hundreds of studies over the last decade and researched many questions, so I'm not saying it lightly. I have very strong reasoning.

I need you to be specific and express your concerns so we can get to the bottom of it. I think you just haven't studied this enough yet to see the wider view and so are lost in 100s of unanswered questions.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Allow me to answer the how to measure part.

In Chemistry we learn each molecule has several measurable physical facts that combined compromise a certain molecular makeup. The unique properties are combined with the measured wavelength data which the molecule(s) or small samples of the compound are heated somewhere between 700-800C and at several atmospheres. This heating process sparks an ignition of the compound on a molecular level that generates unique wavelengths of photons of light that are recorded.

The meta data from the historical research of known compounds have been entered into the software of the HPLC (High Pressure Liquid Chromatography) to name one of the instruments used to measure these properties. Another is the GC Mass spec (Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometer). We also use Atomic Absorption for other compounds that have metals associated in the lattice of the molecule. The AA was once a flame variety which operated at very high temperatures. The method now involves couple Argon plasma, something I have never used personally.

All of these instruments can really help pinpoint compounds within most all compounds known or unknown in the year 2020.

originally posted by: Atsbhct

There are so many questions though.

Like: How will you measure what compounds are in every strain of honey and decide which patients get which honey and at what dosage? That's not cheap.

How will you ensure the bees visit the right plants to ensure it has enough, say, Madagascar periwinkle pollen, to treat leukemia patients? Is the pollen even part of that equation? Will you grow it somewhere and limit certain bees to only those flowers? Who will keep all the necessary flowers? That isn't cheap.

How will the FDA react, as well as other regulatory boards?

Your idea could have so much merit, but by overstating it's benefits, scope, and ease of production, you're kind of limiting yourself.

edit on 2-3-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: GhostWriter123789

If you are fighting cancer (any type) than you need to eat fruits, veggies, and nuts. This is the primary issue. Herbs and spices etc.

Include honey. Since we don't know much about what's in a random jar of honey, I'd recommend getting a lot of different batches and try all of them. This will increase the stuff you're ingesting and improve the odds.

Also exercise regularly, drink lots of water, and try to sleep properly.

Keep at this regiment from now on.

It's all common sense. In order for your body to rebuild and heal it needs nutrition.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Have you spoken to Dr. Marla Spivak about your research?

She was leading the charge in research regarding Colony Collapse Disorder at the University of Minnesota Bee Lab, likely the most advanced bee lab in the nation if not the world, and designer honeys might be something her grad students are already doing, or would take great interest in.

If you're looking for a honey bee expert, you couldn't find a better candidate.
edit on 3/2/20 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Thank you for answering one of my specific questions!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join