It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason Why Honey is the Best Medicine on Earth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Coffee, hate and Lucky Strikes unfiltered is an old Immortality Formula.

But seriously, Honey, Lemon Juice, Apple Cider Vinegar and Paprika seems to be a cure all as well.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Today’s challenger to honey is the Syrup de Maple

”Real Maple Syrup has a glycemic index of 54. ... Real Maple Syrup has significantly more calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, copper, and manganese than honey“

“ A cup of maple syrup contains 819 calories whereas a cup of honey contains a whopping 1031 calories. ... But here's the catch, maple syrup is actually a better energy source because honey is mostly made up of fructose, which isn't usable by your body's cells. Too much of fructose is actually bad for your body.”

“When it comes to vitamins, honey is indeed a better source than the maple sap. It’s got vitamin C and vitamin B6, both of which are not found in its rival syrup. And honey has a higher content of vitamin B2.”

“ Minerals are another story. Maple syrup pretty much trumps honey in almost all mineral content. It offers more iron, manganese, calcium, zinc, and potassium. All of these minerals are essential to maintaining a healthy body.

Both maple syrup and honey offer about the same amount of antioxidants. Although they both only contain intermediate amounts, the antioxidants are valuable and help fight cancer-causing cells.”

Duh Duh duhhhhh....and the winner is.........

HONEY! Gimme some that riboflavin some dat B6

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Great thread interesting you should mention the effects on mycotoxins , and it be linked later with manuka as a digestible form of tea tree ?

Apparently, instead of taking all their honey and swapping it for sugar like most beekeepers do , it's better for the bees' health to leave them some of what they've spent their time collecting to eat later.
Makes pure sense really .
Also western beekeepers often go for traditional stacked hives without considering other older style 'foreign' options that are more organically in tune , take less time and effort to harvest without the need for a beesuit , are more resistant to wasp attacks and which the bees prefer too . The Albanian style

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Coffee, hate and Lucky Strikes unfiltered is an old Immortality Formula.

But seriously, Honey, Lemon Juice, Apple Cider Vinegar and Paprika seems to be a cure all as well.

Honey can contain the important elements of lemon, apple, or paprika (and beyond) if they are growing near the hive.

That's the power here, it can contain any and all of these elements making it supreme.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I have a quick question. How long does raw honey keep?

The reason I ask is that we used to have hives kept in our pasture to help pollination in our garden and the beekeeper would give us a case of honey each time he came out to service the hives.

I presume this would qualify as raw honey as it was straight from the hives to the jars and then to our pantry.

This was many many years ago, probably over 20. We still have several jars that were never opened and it has never crystallized. It has just gotten a bit darker with age, it was always much darker than any honey I've seen in stores, even from local producers.

Would any of this honey still be good?

edit on 1-3-2020 by jadedANDcynical because: hives, not gives, I know you knew that but typos bug the OCD in me.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ADUB77

Which strain of honey did they examine ? Ahh see that's the catch, those vitamins listed within honey are likely borrowed from certain nearby plant types.

Other locations/Flora will almost certainly provide alternative vitamins of varying amounts.

Minerals are the only main drawback but there are typically going to be a minor amount present. Each batch being different, but overall I do think most all batches will lack in mineral content though they will contain trace amounts.

The information in your source is not accurate about fructose in honey though, because in honey the sugars are different in format and treated very special by the body.

Read this PDF from University of Arizona for a starter course in Honey's sugars and what makes them special:

link to PDF

Also Google around for specific studies, try Honey+benefits+fructose or effects or other terminology.

Contrary to belief in the 1900s, we are discovering that Honey's sugars are indeed good for you in dozens of important medical ways.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Here's an interesting article:

Does honey last?

The honey could be contaminated with pesticides or other pollution, the pollens from certain plants can be harmful so be mindful of what batch it is.

It can ferment but that's not a huge deal, and it can degrade if improperly stored - but still should be safe to consume.

The article goes into further depth but in your case I'd guess it's gotta still be safe to consume though it may be weaker than it used to be.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I am salivating with desire the opportunity to savor such a delight as raw honey that fresh. I have tried to bring a hive home one day from work. They made one on a leftover tall cardboard. They always around the trash, European honeybees. I left it.

I want that raw raw. Lucky dog you.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Here's an interesting article:

Does honey last?

The honey could be contaminated with pesticides or other pollution, the pollens from certain plants can be harmful so be mindful of what batch it is.

It can ferment but that's not a huge deal, and it can degrade if improperly stored - but still should be safe to consume.

The article goes into further depth but in your case I'd guess it's gotta still be safe to consume though it may be weaker than it used to be.

Not only are the pesticides an issue but most shop bought honey has the goodness boiled out of it...

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Just buyed some honey, it's in solid form ,organic and labeled as wild flowers honey.....

Is solid form honey less processed than the liquid form , and so does solid honey have more beneficial substances than liquid form ?

Edit: it seems yhat even solid honey can be heated....

carlislehoney.com...

Raw, not heated and unfiltered is what i would prefer.....but they dont seem to much tell buyers allways the details. So even when i just buyed solid honey i dont know is it raw, not heated ot unfiltered.

edit on 2-3-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 02:54 AM
link   
differencess between raw honey and processed honey

Why remove the pollen?

We can only assume to prevent the majority of the public from obtaining all the benefits found in raw honey. Removal of all pollen from honey “makes no sense” and is completely contrary to marketing the highest quality product possible, Mark Jensen, president of the American Honey Producers Association, told Food Safety News.

So there are a lot honey out there that is not really honey anymore , as it's been destroyed.

edit on 2-3-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

If it's solid that's fine. The viscosity won't tell you it's quality per se.

Different batches can be more or less viscous. Solid to liquid along the spectrum.

So no matter how solid.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Thanks, i will probably buy also local comb honey since it look''s like comb honey has no processing, filtering, or manipulation and is untouched.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 04:45 AM
link   

This is the best honey in the world

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Excellent OP Muzzleflash!

I am 100% with you on this. Local honey is what you should buy too. Still good to get the Manuka if your not from New Zealand too. I have some and use if for eczema and like an antibiotic gel on cuts. Doesn't taste as good as local honey IMO but it is good for you.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Great idea!!!

I'm a honey fiend (quite the collection from around the world), mainly various Australian blends. I've always loved the variety that an area can bring. My favorite is the Illawarra coastal headlands honeys... superb!

Living in the city currently, it is hard to do beehives (I've looked into balcony boxes), but I love the idea of focused medicinal honeys as an industry!

One of the best ideas I've heard for a long time!
edit on 2-3-2020 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Hard to prove if the honey you are getting is legit and not from somewhere else...unless you personally know the honey collector..

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

I buy from local producers (often collecting small runs from scattered hives). Not hard to find... look up "local honey producers" in google, or something similar and there are usually lists and contact details for various areas.

Also farmers markets are a great source.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Great OP

Here are some links to add to for people to look at

Honey Store

Honey Store 2

The Best Honey

1 Samuel 14:27

Jonathan did not know about Saul's warning to the soldiers. So he dipped the end of his walking stick in the honey and ate some with his fingers. He felt stronger and more alert.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Damn. Really? I skipped it (almost) entirely.

Speaking of honey? Few things outside of Mustaine's sweet licks were ever as sweet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join