It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason Why Honey is the Best Medicine on Earth

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I find a liberal amount of JACK DANIELS with honey does wonders for cold and flu

Wonder if it works with Corona virus ????

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Find a soap making recipe and use bee's wax instead with lye. You got a ultra powerful antiviral, antibacterial fighting soap.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: sean
Find a soap making recipe and use bee's wax instead with lye. You got a ultra powerful antiviral, antibacterial fighting soap.

What makes a soap antibacterial is that it acts as a surfactant so the little bugs don't stick. All soap does that. Adding "anti-bacterial" stuff is just marketing.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
That works pretty good with Evan Williams and Jim Beam too!

I believe I will have some now.

originally posted by: firerescue

I find a liberal amount of JACK DANIELS with honey does wonders for cold and flu

Wonder if it works with Corona virus ????

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
So this is going to sound strange but I’m a real fussy eater and I’ve never really tried honey. What’s the best way to include it in my food? Anyone got any favourite combination. I’ve heard a lot about honey so considering trying it out

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Enjoyed reading your article. In my understanding honey is only
better than some plants. Dandelion Root is one with far superior
qualities, especially when it comes to destroying Cancer cells.

edit on 3/2/2020 by MrBlaq because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: sean

What makes a soap antibacterial is that it acts as a surfactant so the little bugs don't stick. All soap does that. Adding "anti-bacterial" stuff is just marketing.

Yes, that plays a role in it, but you're wrong, REAL antibacterial soaps or liquids is going to have a touch of bezalkonium chloride or something else which is 99% effective. However, some people might have a reaction to having to wash their hands all the time with that stuff. I am just saying that bee's wax itself is antibacterial like that and it is natural without some kind of chemical killing agent. Lye is good too just itself, but again skin reactions to it as it's a strong alkali. Oh and bee's wax isn't just antibacterial it is also antiviral. Two different things which makes it even better.

Oh here is another food for thought... Remember all that about vaping being bad for your health? Well... Hospitals pump propylene glycol into the air filtration and air you breath in hospitals believe it or not. So when you go to a hospital you're essentially vaping LOL! In fact, scientists are now thinking that vaping would be a good way to deploy meds especially for people with breathing & asthma problems. It's almost like a conspiracy, they want sick people not well people. No money in it.
edit on 3-3-2020 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   
This past January I was fortunate to visit a maya village in the Yucatán.

One of the highlights was seeing the villages aviary run by a short, round lovely Mayan woman.

The honey was from the Melapona bee, a stinger-less variety that has been cultivated for hundreds if not thousands of years.

We cracked open a hive, in this case a box made from some of the local hard wood trees, and got the freshest honey I've ever tasted.

Our guide, a German fellow who has lived in this village for the last 7 years has sworn by the healing properties. He recently had some major dental work and used honey in lieu of the medications prescribed by the dentist. He went back to the dentist a week later with his gums fully healed. The dentist couldn't believe how rapidly he'd healed - she'd never seen anything like it. He gave her the unopened pills and her jaw nearly fell off her head.

He also alluded to some psychoactive blends the Maya use - although he didn't say much more around this.

Anyways, honey is truly the ambrosia of the gods.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 12:44 AM
link   
As mentioned from the OP bee's are out collecting from all kinds of flowers, even ones that might bear a deadly fruit something like the deadly nightshade berry. Looks yummy till you eat it and you die from liver failure. What comes from plants like that are different kinds tropane alkaliods. What does that help with?? Parkinson's disease and calms it down. So bee's are literally playing doctor role for us. Pretty neat. They play a pretty important role in survival of life on this planet. They should be drilling that into the heads of the younger generations in schools. Our agriculture is falling apart and getting over burdened and weaker. Losing the important knowledge.
edit on 3-3-2020 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 03:57 AM
link   

also the number one reason why they want to kill the bees to create monopolies on food and medicine

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Told ya so 10 YEARS ago.
Live long and Prosper.
Thanks for the current focus.

edit on 3-3-2020 by Wildmanimal because: Add Goody

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrBlaq

Enjoyed reading your article. In my understanding honey is only
better than some plants. Dandelion Root is one with far superior
qualities, especially when it comes to destroying Cancer cells.

That's why I posted this thread, to dispell that misunderstanding.

If there are dandelions near the hive than the honey will include those properties; eg. Dandelion honey which offers medical benefits that dandelions offer plus a bunch more.

This unique ability of honey to contain the properties of the pharmacopoeia around the hive is what makes it #1 by a long shot.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Now you've got my mind wandering and churning. Lol

I'm curious at how necessary location would be for creation of designer honeys. With a contained hive, pollen patties actually created with exotic pollen from around the globe, and exotic floral nectars, it seems experimentation might bear some interesting results. You'd just have to select what species of bee would be most receptive/productive, and what pollen/nectars to begin with. I suppose it might be difficult to acquire isolated floral nectars in bulk instead of just importing the plants themselves thus needing the wide open land to grow them.
edit on 3/3/20 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Is there some sort of new viral-marketing campaign for raw honey going on?
My wife has been getting people talking about how great honey is for complexions on her social media the past two days.

Also all kinds of recipes using honey on her food forums.

I don't know of any viral campaign.

Quite a few years ago I caught a nasty bug, ended up in hospital with pneumonia and nearly died.

I knew the claims about honey and so after I got well I started buying local raw honey. Never the grocery store stuff, as it is often cut with corn syrup or is pasteurized which makes it lose some of it's effectiveness.

Since then the worst I have gotten is the tiniest of colds, even while taking care of my "germ factory" grandchildren. I take a spoonful every day in my coffee without fail. Even on my diet where I have lost 20 pounds I have not given up my daily dose of honey.

I also bought some of the special "medicinal honey" manuka and used it on cuts instead of antibiotic creams and it worked well.

I know my story is anecdotal but for me I won't miss a day. With the coronavirus scare, I certainly won't stop and may even increase my dosage since I just had shoulder surgery (no honey doesn't cure muscles torn off the bone). But my resistance is down and if/when the virus moves into our area, I'm doubling the dose - calories be damned.

I swear by it for myself. My feeling is, it doesn't hurt to have a spoonful a day. So why not if it might be the reason I have been so healthy since I started taking it. If it doesn't help, well it tastes great in my coffee.

edit on 3/3/20 by The2Billies because: spelling

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
So this is going to sound strange but I’m a real fussy eater and I’ve never really tried honey. What’s the best way to include it in my food? Anyone got any favourite combination. I’ve heard a lot about honey so considering trying it out

I put it in my morning coffee or afternoon tea.

I've also put it in hot oatmeal or on my cereal.

My mother loves it on her grape nuts.

I tried a peanut butter and honey sandwich, but didn't care too much for it.

Pretty much anything you like with sugar, it melts best like sugar and to me tastes best in warm beverages and on hot foods.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker

It's fantastic! Depends on what honey you get also.

Honey on toast is always a great shout. But I'll eat a spoonful of the stuff and be a happy guy.

It's very versatile and has many benefits. However, I have learnt today it can cure the world.
edit on 3-3-2020 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

and not only the honey but the pollen grains too, they are great, very tasty too

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

"There isn't a single disease honey can't help"? I think that's an over statement. As much as I love honey.

The only disease Honey can't help is Diabetes. Diabetes is caused by sugar overdose or any disease that has stopped your pancreas from creating insulin.
edit on 3-3-2020 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   
We use it in our Children's Hospital for wound care. Its called Medi Honey and it works pretty well IMHO

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

originally posted by: Atsbhct

"There isn't a single disease honey can't help"? I think that's an over statement. As much as I love honey.

The only disease Honey can't help is Diabetes. Diabetes is caused by sugar overdose or any disease that has stopped your pancreas from creating insulin.

That was already debunked a few pages back.

Honey does help diabetics.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join