It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 253
<< 250  251  252    254  255  256 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The virus is everywhere, and i believe that it`s all over Italy also by now...

Preliminary risk analysis of 2019 novel coronavirus spread within and beyond China

Destinations of airline travellers from 18 high-risk cities in mainland China by continent or region

Assessing spread risk of Wuhan novel coronavirus within and beyond China, January-April 2020: a travel network-based modelling study

We estimated that 59,912 air passengers, of which 834 (95% UI: 478 - 1349) had 2019-nCoV infection, travelled from Wuhan to 382 cities outside of mainland China during the two weeks prior to the lockdown of Wuhan. The majority of these cities were in Asia, but major hubs in Europe, the US and Australia were also prominent, with strong correlation seen between predicted importation risks and reported cases seen. Because significant spread has already occurred, a large number of airline travellers (3.3 million under the scenario of 75% travel reduction from normal volumes) may be required to be screened at origin high-risk cities in China and destinations across the globe for the following three months of February to April, 2020 to effectively limit spread beyond its current extent. Conclusion: Further spread of 2019-nCoV within China and international exportation is likely to occur. All countries, especially vulnerable regions, should be prepared for efforts to contain the 2019-nCoV infection.

If it is allready spread, how can quarantine work anymore ?
edit on 7-3-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   
pass
edit on 8-3-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

It can't. It's an exercise in futility. People want the government to "do something" but nothing they do will help short of building hospitals to warehouse the soon to be sick and dying.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   
US hospitals are preparing for 96 MILLION coronavirus infections and nearly HALF A MILLION deaths, leaked documents reveal

The spread of the deadly disease could be far worse than officials claim, with 480,000 Americans expected to die from the virus and 4.8 million hospitalized, according to a presentation hosted by The American Hospital Association (AHA) in February.

This puts the crisis on a level more than 10 times greater than that seen in a severe flu season....Continue

and our "leaders" wonder why the majority think so little of them. Have to find out from a British daily newspaper/tabloid what we in the U.S. have been lied to about, this time

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: asdfa
I’ve been watching you all day downplay emerging crises.
I done had enough. Capice? You and yours keep playing this thing cool-like. It ain’t. DGAF if you think the Japanese reactor is fine. 9-11 was hoax. Straight nada. Bring something to the table or stfu.

The crisis unfolding before our eyes around the world is REAL. I don’t care if you have stocked up or not. I don’t care if you have a pet or not. You may be astute in your observation that “weak links need the boot” when it comes to nuclear power and Nat’l security. Not my bag. But Please

Don’t act like this isn’t unfolding. Like a radioactive fern
That isn’t Godzilla. Sincerely. The numbers we see are actually PEOPLE that had a life. And their loved ones are reeling. So just stop with your “tough titties” and all.

Just have a heart. That’s all. Please?

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Sacramento police ordered all residents in a California neighborhood to stay inside on Thursday due to a coronavirus death in the area.

The local health department issued a statement after the police presence in the area.

This is a frightening development.

WIBW reported:

Sacramento County Sheriff deputies and Rocklin Police, some wearing protective gloves, converged on a residential street Thursday as a sheriff’s helicopter circled overhead, ordering people to get inside.

It was later learned that the first California coronavirus patient to die from the illness lived on this block.

The Placer County Health Department issued a brief statement shortly after the police presence, stating: “Law enforcement partners are currently responding to enforce a health officer’s order. We cannot share any additional information to protect patient confidentiality.”

The orders were given under sections of California Health and Safety Code that allows Placer Health to “enforce regulations requiring strict isolation, or quarantine if the action is necessary for the protection of the public health.”

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

And so it begins....

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This is a post from a Facebook group by the Director of Nursing Services (DNS) at the Life Care Center in Kirkland, WA that is currently suffering the deadliest outbreak of COVID19 in the U.S. right now. My wife, as I have mentioned, works in a hospital in central WA. Her RN Manager is friends with the Life Care Center DNS, and shared this post with my wife.

I am so fed up with the media and the way they make everything a controversy. The way this DNS and her facility and staff have been portrayed is awful. Like this article below. Lazy clickbait reporting.

Germ fest party preceded deadly outbreak in Kirkland

They don't know how the virus got there. The CDC is like all big government branches, more chiefs than Indians. Every time something happens, directly pertaining to the reason for their existence, it's Amateur Night At The Apollo.

This DNS is clearly distressed. Her and her staff are under immense pressure; from their residents and their family members, their superiors, their community, the media, the whole county. They are Americans in a terrible situation.

The the media is a morally vacant entity and is no source for support.
The CDC can't seem to manage getting its priorities figured out, even with so much advanced notice. Not a bright beacon of hope there.

This is a serious situation for anyone, but especially those in the healthcare profession. They need every bit of support they can get that we can give.

If anyone wants to be skeptical to the authenticity of the message, no problem, doesn't matter to me. I trust my wife and her discernment more than anyone else I know.

edit on 8-3-2020 by Novaroc because: sources

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
Ok scientist in ATS, explain what this mean :

Genomic epidemiology of novel coronavirus (hCoV-19)

Ok so I had to phone a friend on this one

He told me it's all the mutations the virus had undergone the diferent colors lines are mutations if you go to the map the color circles are the location that mutation was found

Not all mutations are new strains ??? I guess I didn't think to ask why the mutations are not considered new strains

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: asdfa

Yes , the initial slow response in China and let millions to travel was the thing that sabotaged allready later efforts to have this virus kept in some control.

I think it`s scary that if we going to see real bad ass killer virus with like 50% mortality rate in future, goverments like China act too late for it and let it spread all over planet.

I think World need to have blue led light in use for future pandemic scenarios, it can kill bacteria, virus, fungi ...airports, train stations, cruice ships etc could have blue led for in case of pandemia and so it could limit the spreading ....also for all hospitals, nursing places so that hospital staff would have more protection

Sanitizing Light: LEDs Become a Disinfectant Technology

Disinfecting Light FAQs

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: new_here
a reply to: underwerks

Geez, I don't know but you need to seriously rethink everything you did to mitigate your symptoms in case you stumbled upon something we ALL would like to know.

I hate to say it, but that crazy conspiracy about the 5G turning this virus on... sounds like they turned yours back off.

So glad you're feeling better. Keep taking your Vit C and do everything you can to not relapse, my friend!

I was drinking green tea all day and I took Vitamin C, B-12, B-1, B-2, B-6, beta-phenyl-gamma-aminobutyric acid, GABA, Bacopa Monnieri, and a heaping dose of Kratom. Pretty much everything I had in my cabinet that could make me feel better. And of course Advil for the fever.

I’m not sure any of that would have led to all my symptoms just vanishing like they did though. Not going to lie, one of the first things I thought about was a remote control virus. Imagine if there was a virus made out of nanobots or maybe half organic and half technology that could be released and then turned off at will..

Wouldn't it just be hilarious if you stumbled on a cure for this coronavirus with that mixture? Stranger things have happened.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian

Ok thanks
so it`s mutating quite a lot or is that kind of mutating speed normal for all viruses in general ?

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

originally posted by: MuldersMate
Cause I'm 99% certain none of you do as no one has even mentioned being specifically tested for covid-19.

You're absolutely right. You need to actually test for it to identify there is a problem.

Not like this farce in the US with broken tests, having to beg to be tested, then having your doctor pleading to have you tested. It's akin to using the ostrich with it's head in the sand analogy as the cornerstone of your pandemic response. - it's insane.

I think you're vastly underestimating how bad this has actually spread.

Probably wouldn't be politically feasible to gut the CDC right now, but when this all blows over, I think their budget needs to be cut by about 6 digits. With the way they have handled this fiasco, who the heck needs them? I sure don't want my tax money supporting these voodoo priests in suits and ties. IMHO, this is pretty much criminal incompetence.

BTW, last figure I could find for their budget was 2018 where it was $11.9 billion bucks. What the heck are they DOING with all that money? Just paying themselves high salaries?

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueSwan

originally posted by: MuldersMate
Cause I'm 99% certain none of you do as no one has even mentioned being specifically tested for covid-19.

Tests are not being offered. I wasn't tested for ANYTHING, wasn't even asked any questions about whether I'd been in contact with anyone or travelled. The doctor heard that my voice was squeaky and she instantly jumped on it saying it was Laryngitis :/

Laryngitis isn't a cause, it's a symptom. Maybe you need to change doctors. Not all of them are competent at their jobs. IMHO.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Ok thanks
so it`s mutating quite a lot or is that kind of mutating speed normal for all viruses in general ?

He did say it's a normal mutation rate for a virus

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Novaroc

Im sure that most people dont believe that the CDC people are doing actually anything beneficial for the people in the nursing home in Kirkland. They are nothing more than people in lab coats and masks just getting in the way and "collecting data" I hate that the nurses and the patients there are having to go through this nightmare.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Ok, just hoping it wont mutate to more dangerous..

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Ok, just hoping it wont mutate to more dangerous..

Me too. Thankfully the lack of deaths in the U.S. is causing the panic to ease...and the press coverage to become more repetitive (aka "boring").

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Getting concerned down where I live. Multiple cases in nearby major cities. Officials and doctors just say there is nothing to worry about, but they don't know how some of these people even got infected. There are definitely more infected here and I'm sure they are keeping it quiet. It seems like people are really split on this problem. Half don't think it is worse than the flu and others are worried. Seems that most of the worried people don't trust what the media or the government has to say either and I'm with them. Something just seems off. Incompetence maybe?

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

originally posted by: Deplorable
I'm waiting for the next stage of this ... when they start admitting that everyone who has been 'contaminated' by this bio-weapon is now HIV positive.

We're all wondering when the other shoe is going to drop. There HAS to be more to this than mild flu type symptoms.

You wouldn't be disinfecting your city streets like that or let your economy be decimated for nothing.

I don't think we will ever know, but maybe we will be told, when the people responsible are long dead and gone, safe from any repercussions to their actions.

I've read several times people say what I bolded in your post and I have an honest question...

Why wouldn't they?

Or more precisely; could it not be possible that in the face of not knowing what they where dealing with they choose to assume the worst?

If China were well known for their high standards of standing up and bending over backwards for the human rights of their citizens, I would have to say perhaps you are correct. However.....

<< 250  251  252    254  255  256 >>

join