It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 246
<< 243  244  245    247  248  249 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow
Thank you for posting, this is exactly the tracker i have been looking for today

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

I figured it wasn't from the OP....lol. There's so much going on with that pic.... Haha

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
a reply to: Anynamedangit

It’s unfortunate your post was ignored. I am from SC as well, welcome to ATS. I heard last night about the two cases here. I hope they are ok.

South Carolinian too, checking in! I was born in Kershaw County, but don't live there currently. My 89 year old mother and one sister still live there however. Hope the woman did not go to their church. Churches are huge gathering places of folks sometimes sitting shoulder to shoulder (especially in the choir loft) so they have the potential to be havens of spread, unfortunately.

Yes that is exactly what I am concerned about with my elderly relative. Over 85, not big on hand washing

The panic buying has struck here also, I am closer to Orangeburg.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

yeah she was the doctor and she also seems like she is goin to have a breakdown. have watched her everyday and she looks more worried everytime.

kudos to her and I hope she stays strong
edit on 7-3-2020 by alphacenturi because: no reason

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maker22
I read all 4 thread. At first, i was worried by that virus... now i am changing my mind...

To get an accurate death rate, you need to make a lot test. You need to test a lot of people, not only the people who go to hospitals. Who did a lot of test ?

South korea do a lot of test. In fact,mthey have 7000 cases with 48 death. This is 0.7 %

Princess boat is japan did test a lot of people. Their death rate is 0.7%

Italy is having a higher death rate. They dont do a lot of test.

What do you think... ?

100% agree with you. That number is still a LOT higher than the flu and we're still seeing real life overloading of the hospitals regardless of the numbers and then hospital workers getting sick and dying because they wind up with a higher viral load. Then there's the fact that you can get sick all over again. This is a nightmare scenario even at .7%.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
So I'll give my view on the UK situation:

Everyone seems to be really blasé with the whole situation.

At work (retail jewelry) I have colleges who cough without covering there mouths and if they do it's in there hands and then they proceed to touch EVERYTHING. Even with the "do you mind coughing in a tissue or in your sleeve" it doesn't register.

Customers seem to be just as nonchalant.. just general chit chat:

"It's just like the flu"
"Only effects old people innit"
"A Chinese problem"
"Coronovirus.. what's that?"
"NHS is fully prepared.. we got a great health system"

Making me start to doubt myself and even if I should bother practising safe hygiene when the guy/girl next to me is coughing up without covering there mouths.

I can fully say with confidence... IF ... We get it as bad as China, Italy, Iran.. we are fully f'd ... I'm glad I prepped in early February, interesting observing people's shopping trolleys these days.

I'll add a little British humour video, this comedian likes to point out how stupid people are by being a little silly so with out further ado:

Paul Chowdhry Covid 19

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: asdfa

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: puzzled2
Exactly.
No one said anything about shutting down the power grid, just nuclear power plants, which if unmanned or severely undermanned, represent a danger to far more than just people in the plant or the immediate vicinity.

Why would they be left unmanned? You can man a nuclear power plant while suffering from a pneumonia. I went to work for two weeks before I was diagnosed with pneumonia; could have continued to work afterwards too If it was necessary I do so.

Unless you are suggesting power plant workers are for some reason going to be in the 30-20% who are going to have the most critical cases. That doesn't seem statistically likely.

Earlier in this thread, it was posted that 54% of Italy’s infected required hospitalization and 11% were in ICU.

I didn’t say that nuke plants will be shut down. But it a possibility if the authorities are lying to us about this virus.
Try to remember now, this IS a conspiracy site.

That's because Italy has a massive elderly population. The elderly probably don't work at the nuclear power plant though.

The first Italian to die was a competitive runner in his thirties.
They are not all old.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: skanman
So I'll give my view on the UK situation:

Everyone seems to be really blasé with the whole situation.

At work (retail jewelry) I have colleges who cough without covering there mouths and if they do it's in there hands and then they proceed to touch EVERYTHING. Even with the "do you mind coughing in a tissue or in your sleeve" it doesn't register.

Customers seem to be just as nonchalant.. just general chit chat:

"It's just like the flu"
"Only effects old people innit"
"A Chinese problem"
"Coronovirus.. what's that?"
"NHS is fully prepared.. we got a great health system"

Making me start to doubt myself and even if I should bother practising safe hygiene when the guy/girl next to me is coughing up without covering there mouths.

I can fully say with confidence... IF ... We get it as bad as China, Italy, Iran.. we are fully f'd ... I'm glad I prepped in early February, interesting observing people's shopping trolleys these days.

I'll add a little British humour video, this comedian likes to point out how stupid people are by being a little silly so with out further ado:

Paul Chowdhry Covid 19

Yes, I wonder if we are part of the mentally ill? LOL

I was told by simply talking about the virus, not invoking panic language or freaking out, that I was "over reacting" by someone that is going to Israel in 2 weeks.

Sure, Costco and SamsClub are short on toilet paper and the usual stuff people are buying, but the local grocery stores have plenty of stock.

I'm honestly afraid to bring it up outside my wife, kids and my mother. Anyone else is going to hand me a tinfoil hat, even though I don't talk conspiracy or bio lab or anything.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Milan and Venice to be put under quarantine, as well as other regions (up to 3rd April) :

Live news feed 21h59 local time :
www.20minutes.fr...
edit on 7-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

edit on 7-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff again

edit : The whole of Lombardy region, including Milan, and Venice region, North of Emilie-Romagne and East of Piemont.
edit on 7-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff again

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The numbers out of Europe are just shocking right now I can't believe it. Less than 2 weeks ago they had barely a handful!
And now Italy has over 1200 new cases today alone:

BREAKING: Italy reports 1,247 new cases of coronavirus and 36 new deaths, raising total to 5,883 cases and 233 dead

twitter.com...

Lockdown in Italy extended to 11 new provinces:

Italy's ANSA news agency is now also reporting that, according to a draft decree, Lombardy and 11 provinces will be
put on lockdown. It is expected to be approved in "the next few hours," but the draft is still subject to change

mobile.twitter.com...
mobile.twitter.com...

The new national emergency containment measures have been defined . In article 1 of the draft of the new government decree, which should be launched this evening, there is a ban on entry and exit from Lombardy and 11 other provinces, and the extension of the controlled areas to Piedmont and Emilia-Romagna. In detail, the provinces that have become "red zone" are the following: Modena, Parma, Piacenza, Reggio Emilia, Rimini, Pesaro and Urbino, Venice, Padua, Treviso, Asti and Alessandria. All new provisions are valid from March 8th until April 3rd.

Closed gyms and swimming pools. Derogation for games behind closed doors

The decree also establishes the closure of all gyms, swimming pools, spas and wellness centers in the areas just mentioned. Outdoor sports competitions are allowed only behind closed doors. Shopping centers will have to be closed but only on the weekend. Instead, museums, cultural centers and ski resorts are closed. Schools will also continue to be closed until April 3. Contests are also suspended.

No weddings or funerals. Cinemas and theaters closed

Civil and religious ceremonies, including funeral ceremonies, are suspended. All organized events are also suspended, as well as events in public or private places, including those of a cultural, recreational, sporting and religious nature, even if held in closed places but open to the public, such as large events, cinemas, theaters, pubs, schools dance halls, game rooms, betting rooms and bingo halls, discos and similar places.

Bars and restaurants open but only if able to distance the patrons

Bars and restaurants may remain open but with the manager's obligation to enforce the interpersonal safety distance of at least one meter, with the sanction of suspension of the activity in case of violation.

Suspended leave for doctors and nurses

Frontline doctors: ordinary leave of health and technical personnel, as well as staff whose activities are necessary to manage the activities required by crisis units set up at regional level, are suspended. Furthermore, the access of relatives and visitors to hospitals is limited to only a few cases.

www.repubblica.it...

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

originally posted by: Deplorable

originally posted by: Nucleardoom
Too many stories with people all experiencing weird or known symptoms of Corona that I really believe we're already well into the millions that are or have been infected in the US. It been spreading unabated since early Jan. they just wouldn't test most for it.

I'm waiting for the next stage of this ... when they start admitting that everyone who has been 'contaminated' by this bio-weapon is now HIV positive.

I've been thinking about that aswell... wouldn't that be a funking bad day?

Whoever concocted this virus, needs hanging!

Hanging would be too humane

Depends on how you tie that noose and what you make it with.

It should not only be whoever made it, but every bureaucrat who approved it every step of the way.
edit on 7-3-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: cirrus12

France just had its biggest increase in one day since the beginning.
Anyone who doesn't see the news from friday to monday is going to have one hell of a shock monday morning.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Similar to me
I've heard today that 2 supermarkets where I live are out of all handwash, low on toilet paper, cleaning supplies decimated
oh and all paracetamol and ibuprofen gone too
It's strange as so many people I see are quite blase about it all and don't seem fazed. Could be that they are secret preppers though! I think more people are realising the reality of what will probably happen when seeing the numbers from Europe. We are so connected with flights and the eurostar running hundreds of journeys daily that it's not a case of if, but when.
a reply to: Tracele

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ShortBus

I know exactly what you mean! Look at that "over reacting" ... And that's just by talking about a topic. Makes me really wonder.

One response I got was "we all gotta die some day hahaha"... Smh.

I'm slightly lucky in that one other colleague is equally concerned and goes round cleaning everything, so she gives me some sort of comfort in my own concern.. but that's two ppl (myself included) out of 10.

My wife and child are fully briefed daily and understand but I also house my elderly parents who really don't just get it which is frustrating.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This was posted on Facebook...

From an MD immunologist:

I don't post a lot on facebook but I would like to give my perspective and context on the coronavirus outbreak. I hope I can be a more reputable source of perspective as a physician who specializes and is board certified in immunology (as well as pediatrics, allergy and dermatology).

Coronaviruses are a family of viruses. "coronavirus" is not unique to this particular strain. Everyone reading this has likely had another different coronavirus infection. This particular strain has been named COVID-19.

Every upper respiratory virus has the potential to be lethal. Patients unfortunately die from many upper respiratory viral infections every year - most prominently the influenza virus. 30,000 people died from the influenza virus in 2019. The media didn't report each one. They have reported all 11 coronavirus deaths. Not telling us about the people lost but rather keeping a death "toll".

Let me repeat that: -Coronavirus: 11 deaths (US in 2020), 3300 deaths (China in 2020).

-Influenza: 30,000 deaths (US in 2019).
*Influenza pandemic of 1918: 675,000! (US), 20-50 MILLION!! (worldwide) These people I think would have been in favor of receiving their annual flu vaccine.

This is not meant to minimize any of these deaths but rather to give context and put some facts to the hysteria.

3. If you're healthy, there is no need to walk around wearing a mask. In addition to looking silly and most of the time wearing/taking them off wrong - which would actually make you more prone to acquiring an infection, they don't prevent you from getting sick. If you're actually sick stay away from people and then, sure, wear a mask so you aren't spreading respiratory droplets every time you cough/sneeze. In medicine we don't wear the masks you're buying and we wear other protective equipment - not just a silly looking mask you found on Amazon. When you see doctor's walking around the world wearing a mask then you should too. Until then, stop.

4. The symptoms are that of the flu. As doctors we don't test or know about most people with mild or moderate flu symptoms. That means most people will probably get it and just think they had the flu. That means you're only going to hear about the cases that get serious - not all the minor ones which will be the vast majority of cases.

5. When it is said that people who are older or have other medical conditions are most likely to die - that is equally true for EVERY upper respiratory virus. There is nothing unique about that to this particular virus. It does mean that the only cases we tend to know about are the severe ones. Once a case is severe it then makes sense to test the patient to find out what virus in particular they have. That means you can easily overestimate how severe or lethal the virus is because the only cases you end up knowing about are the serious ones.

In summary 30,000 people died from the flu last year. Another 30,000 died in car accidents.

I remember: H1N1 (2009), MERS (2012), Ebola (2014), Coronavirus (2020).

Take it from me: The poor resident who stood at the door of the ER to triage people in 2009's swine flu (H1N1) hysteria. The over reaction is exponentially worse than the actual problem and in 2020 the over reactions I'm seeing are remarkable. In cold and flu season you'll probably get sick once or twice for about a week each. You might even get this particular coronavirus and most of you won't even know it. I've seen people raiding supermarkets, major meetings and sporting events getting cancelled and fear/racism towards Asian people. These reactions are totally unnecessary and panic based. Just do what you've always done during cold/flu season. Stay away from other people when you're sick, wash your hands and keep them away from your face, and only go to the ER if you feel your symptoms are more severe than a bad cold/flu (shortness of breath, high fever, etc.). And also realize you can't live on earth and not get viral illnesses from time to time. It's a part of nature.

Please don't ask for antibiotics (those treat bacteria - not viruses). Thats like asking for a fire extinguisher when you're drowning. It can be a life saving device - but the wrong one for the problem at hand. Some doctor's don't want to fight about it when patients insist on antibiotics so they just prescribe them - but it doesn't mean its actually helping you and in some cases they can be harmful (resistance, infections, allergic reactions just to name a few). If you're one who asks for antibiotics every time you're sick, again, take it from me: ask for a flu shot each year and a doctor's note to stay home from work when you're sick instead. You will be much better off.

The government is very proud that testing will be available to every American. Remember, we don't test for any respiratory virus other than the influenza virus routinely. The reason is thats the only virus that has a treatment (pill) you can take to shorten the duration of severity of the illness. I suspect if we start testing everyone with cold symptoms for coronavirus we're going to find lots of it. It's not going to change the recommendations to stay home and rest. And its not going to predict the small percentage of people who may develop more severe symptoms. Essentially whether someone has coronavirus 19 or some other cold/flu virus isn't going to matter to your doctor. What it will do is slam urgent cares, ER's and hospitals with every patient who has a cold so they can be tested. It is much more sensible to reserve testing for patients requiring hospitalization or more advanced treatments. Even that wouldn't change their management but would be more to confirm the diagnosis and to not waste time looking for other causes of the patients symptoms.

In conclusion, yes there is a novel virus that our immune systems haven't seen yet so to get immune to it you will have to get infected - at least until a vaccine is developed to bypass the getting sick part and just jumping straight to immune. Most people's immune systems will do that effectively and be fine. A small percentage of unfortunate patients (primarily elderly, immune compromised etc.) will not be able to do that effectively and will need more advanced care. This is true of the cold/flu viruses we deal with every year. Follow normal cold/flu precautions and seek medical care if you feel your symptoms are severe. No need to get hysterical.

These outbreaks can be instructive for overall knowledge of public health. In particular showing your immune system the uniform of a potential invader (virus) so that if it ever sees a soldier wearing that uniform it will immediately attack and neutralize it without you ever getting sick. That is a wonderful thing and probably the single biggest achievement in medicine throughout human history. That is what vaccines are. The benefit to risk ratio of them are off the charts in favor of vaccines. If viruses like coronavirus scare you, then stay up to date on your vaccines and your immune system will be running the latest software.

If you still think you should be scared consider this: Doctors, nurses and other healthcare staff are going to hospitals every day. Crowded buildings with tons of sick people. They aren't walking around the halls of the hospitals wearing masks and they haven't stopped going to work. And they are all rolling their eyes at everyone else right now.
edit on 7-3-2020 by ShortBus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: deccal
Whhat do you think about it?

twitter.com...

If they're right, we're in trouble. Our hospitals here could barely cope with the 2019 flu season.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Yeah it's not good
French numbers

BREAKING: France reports 233 new cases of coronavirus and 5 new deaths, or 336 new cases and 7 new deaths so far today, raising total to 949 cases and 16 dead

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Could be a cunning delay tactic ?

edit : The Drive-Thru testing would seem perfectly adapted to the American/Canadian way of life (Courtesy of the S.Koreans)
Would get a lot done in a short amount of time.
edit on 7-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Update on David Abel

David stuck in Japanese hospital
A British couple, diagnosed with coronavirus on board the Diamond Princess cruise ship, remain unable to return to the UK after their latest test came back positive.

David and Sally Abel were taken from the cruise liner after spending almost two weeks in quarantine in their cabin on board. They have been recovering in a Japanese hospital after they were diagnosed with both the virus and pneumonia, PA news agency reports.

In order to leave the hospital, both need three negative test results. Both had been tested twice previously - and the result had been negative - but during the most recent and final test Mr Abel's response came back positive.

Mr Abel, who has been filming a YouTube video diary of his experiences, said:

"Sally is now negative but is staying in Japan. Sally is now totally all clear, good to return to the UK. But she won't because I have had a positive. This is what happens.

"I have now got to go back to square one. I have another test on Monday. That is more than likely going to be negative."

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

The thing is, I'd agree with the MD you just posted. If you are able, I'd ask him if all that is true, then how does he account for Chinas "over reaction" and Italys over reaction? What factor is making countries and various factions across the globe do what they are doing?

That is the disconnect. Some part of this doesn't make sense. The concerns in this forum are all leveraged upon that.
There has to be something, because it is obvious on a basic level that we shouldn't be so concerned.The birth rate far exceeds death rate by 200,000 people a day (and growing). This virus needs to mutate into insta-death to combat population explosion.

If you are able to ask him that, I'd love to hear his/her insight.
edit on 7-3-2020 by saladfingers123456 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 243  244  245    247  248  249 >>

join