It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Christian conspiracy

page: 90
<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Also, I did state Saint4God that there is no such thing as "FACT", merely substantiated evidence supportive of your theory. It is nonsense to argue that someone elses tooth doesn't hurt as it is a subjective thing. Does that make it a "FACT"? No, it only means their own interpretation of the events supports their own viewpoint, it is a belief. I believe my tooth hurts, and that can't be fact, as it is personal experience.

This also goes back to how personal experience skews your perception of the world... A Fact is something everyone can consider to be "A Priori". Assumedly true. However, it is not assumedly true that your personal experience is fact, because you cannot demonstrate it as fact.

Just as science cannot demonstrate infallably that their theories are absolutely true... because although a theory may effectively work 10^Googleplex times, doesn't mean that the time after that won't be different. It is a sound theory, until something occurrs that makes it unsound.

And as such... "Facts" are merely people who think they are right and have no reason to doubt their "FACTS". "Belief" is something which is admittedly personal and private. Don't forget there are "Believers" who don't consider what they feel and think to be "Belief", but believe it to be hard and substantiated Fact.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
To set the baseline for understanding, here is the definition of "A Priori" as per MW: www.m-w.com...

a priori

Main Entry: a pri·o·ri

Pronunciation: "ä-prE-'Or-E, "a-; "A-(")prI-'Or-"I, -"prE-'Or-E; -'or-

Function: adjective

Etymology: Latin, literally, from the former

1 a : DEDUCTIVE b : relating to or derived by reasoning from self-evident propositions -- compare A POSTERIORI c : presupposed by experience

2 a : being without examination or analysis : PRESUMPTIVE b : formed or conceived beforehand

- a priori adverb
- apri·or·i·ty /-'or-&-tE/ noun

LCKob

[edit on 27-1-2006 by LCKob]

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
yep. look at the rush of posts. real BIG conspiracy here people.

that's sarcasm by the way.

and a few hatefilled posts directed toward christians, is just the same as any other group of people a person might not like. you think black people had it easy from the 1600s to about 1960? they go through slavery and racism you probably wouldnt even want to comprehend, but poor poor christians have it worse. what about gay people...they're 'accepted' now, just like christians are 'accepted', but there's still a few hatefilled people out there. but again, poor poor christians are always worse off. you've convinced yourselves that there's a god, a heaven, the devil, that you have a personal relationship with god through jesus, and that jesus is your lord and saviour, who died for your sins...so it's not hard to understand why you would be convinced that there's an anti-christian conspiracy.

so you've convinced yourselves of all of that, so why not an anti-christian conspiracy too? there seems only two, maybe three people who actually think there's a conspiracy here, hardly a majority and hardly overwhelming and conclusive evidence. you guys are pushing it so much, i almost think that you 'want' to be hated, and you 'want' an anti-christian conspiracy, for the pure fact that you can feel like people are against you.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Yep, real Huuuuuuuuuge! conspiracy here, people. Check out all these hatefilled posts in the last couple days...oright, there are none. Just an arguement between whether there are facts or mere theories that have supporting evidence.

I guess the conspiracists have gone in to hiding because their BIG secret was getting out.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The way i see it is people will rush to an explanation or dig and dig and dig for an explanation so`s to convince themselves God is`nt true otherwise why do you or would you bother.

Why if your secure do you care so much to try and convince someone that knows God exists.

Not 100% of the posters (non believers) some say their piece and may get a reply and dont care either way and leave content having given their opinion,some say their piece and may get a reply and go away thinking about that reply,but the ones that argue to their death i cant see it if it was`nt a form of conviction that drove you.

Do a search on all threads on ATS with anything related to God and you`ll see that,or maybe not?or just start from scratch from this one its 90 pages long,or just the power of Christianity thread.

You either believe in God or you dont and you either believe in Christ as your Lord and Son of God the Way to God or you dont.

You dont believe because you dont believe so why do you care?

We believe because we believe that is why we care.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
The way i see it is people will rush to an explanation or dig and dig and dig for an explanation so`s to convince themselves God is`nt true otherwise why do you or would you bother.

if that's true, then the same works vice versa.

Why if your secure do you care so much to try and convince someone that knows God exists.

and christians don't try and convince anyone else that god exists?

Do a search on all threads on ATS with anything related to God and you`ll see that,or maybe not?or just start from scratch from this one its 90 pages long,or just the power of Christianity thread.

90 pages long and not an ounce of resolution or conclusion in site.

You either believe in God or you dont and you either believe in Christ as your Lord and Son of God the Way to God or you dont.

simple as.

You dont believe because you dont believe so why do you care?

i care because someone is complaining about a non-existent anti-christian conspiracy. you're on about atheists...'why do you care', well what exactly is a christian's motivation to come on here and go on about an anti-christian conspiracy? surely if christians were secure with themselves and their beliefs, they wouldn't need to come on here and profess there's a conspiracy against them.

i don't really have any beliefs. sure i think evolution is more plausable than god, but i don't devote my life to it.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Why is it that the most bitter thread posters always have such poor spelling and grammar? I've been studying this for quite some time now and it is true 100% of the time. Spelling and grammar mistakes are then followed by over-used emoticons and needless use of quotation boxes. FYI: Picking and choosing "points" to mock or "answer" is much MUCH easier than actually answering fully-composed thoughts in their presented entirety.

It is a fact that "christianity" is the only Big Religion (Judiasm, Buddhism, Chrisianity, Islam) that is openly mocked in entertainment and often without the wink-wink nudge-nudge. To be open-minded and fair as far as religious tolerance is concerned; what happened 1000 years ago or 10 years ago is irrelevent. It simply is not free-reign to mock one religion with the rationalization that it is the largest.

Ad-biz types know this as the "fat white middle-aged male" attack. If you need a buffoon for a commercial or tv-show the fat white guy is the guy. Because he's not the minority. This is no less/more insensitive than using any other stereotype. White men come in all sizes and some are fat. This makes them no less human than anyone else. I recognize and deplore racism and socio-economic conditions as much as any just-thinking individual does. But when PC sensitivity in The Media becomes institutionalized code, I have a problem because it propels a disproportionate self-censorship agenda.

Anti-"christian" conspiracy? Unprovable but my gut says that people often have agendas (newsflash) and use their power to promote them (newsflash). It's not even a leap or a baby-step to figure out that anti-"christian" agendas behind closed doors exist (loosely befitting of the label "conspiracies").

I hate to repeat my posts but the Daily Show as a microcosm works. The Daily show, a left-leaning Democratic parody program, started out and rightfully so, hip-checking politicians mixing politics and vague religious allegiance. However, it has now confused religious allegiance with politics and specifically "christianity". It may or may not be significant that the host John Stewart is Jewish.

I do wonder however: How long would a "christian" or say "Catholic" host get away with a disproportionate amount of Jewish jabs? Especially in a forum that is highly watched among left-thinking college graduates as is the Daily Show? Why is this double-standard the commonly accepted norm?

I myself like the freedom of speech route: If you have a show, say what you mean and mean what you say and say what you want. However, turn this around and have a "Christian" host joke about Jews disproportianately and the protests would make the news overnight.

Another popular show directed by the guy that did the McDonald's "Supersize Me" film aired an episode of his documentary/reality show dealing with a somewhat fundamentalist "Christian" white male and plopped him into the middle of a Muslim neighborhood in Michigan. Guess who the "buffoon" was? The show seemed preoccupied with the "Christian" young man's lack of enthusiasm for kneeling and praying in a language that he didn't understand and during a ceremony practiced by a religion that does not recognize Jesus as a divine prophet.

It doesn't matter what an outsider watching the show thinks; the viewer doesn't have to believe in Islam or "Christianity". But what is important in this example is the subtext that it is "required" or "put upon" of the "Christian" to prove his acceptance of a very different religion other than his own. Why not put a Muslim in a "Christian" neighborhood? Why not do both shows as a special? Why only one side? How many people that are religious would WANT to pray in a language that he/she does not understand within a religion they don't understand? Not me. Call me crazy.

Because this is so does not make it right. ANd of course a show does not effect or affect me on a daily level (except my disgust as when the Daily Show went as far as using a prayer from my religion's mass in parody). However, this sentiment is growing at-large. "Christianity" is the "fat white middle-aged male" of the religious world. Also distressing is the belief (which I perceive as growing) that "Christians" vote a certain way or act a certain way or that you can spot them all on sight. Because "Christians" don't all believe the same, vote the same, think the same, etc. it is dangerous to implement an agenda based on a minority of "members" that differs from the majority.

A faulty argument can be made that any or all criticism/bitterness at "Christians" is aimed at the fundamentalists. This is exactly why promoted stereotypes in the media and in speech are no less damaging to the largest US religious category than they are to the smallest minority. Islam is a huge religion as is Judiaism. But we poo-poo stereotypes within those categories but yet not those aimed at "Christianity". What has been created is a "safehouse" for anti-"Christian" rhetoric in the liberal pseudo-intelligentsia which tends to hide in the left-left and far-left.

I can blame the fundamentals or the loudmouths within "Christianity" all I want. I can't stop televangelists or fundamentalists because we have laws in the US regarding freedom of religion (I have no desire to limit this by any means at all) and laws regarding taxation and FCC regulations (that I would love to change if in fact I understood them all entirely).

So what I choose to do when the conversation arises is to explain my own religious beliefs and viewpoints and NOT attempt to do away with the "troublesome" sects' beliefs and viewpoints, which is of course impossible. I don't care what anyone believes so long as it doesn't openly attack my own beliefs, at which point I may ignore the conflict, accept it as part of the human condition/experience, or take action in support of my own religion and moral values.

But given that there really is a significant amount of bitter loudmouths that really hate others for personal beliefs without the chance for elaboration by those with personal beliefs (e.g. the "Christianity sucks" agenda which is no different than the "Judaism sucks" agenda) and that countries war over religion, it is absolutely reasonable to assume the far more reasonable existence of a self-propagating culture/religious conspiracy. It's one of those human condition "conspiracies by default".

In a world where stranger things happen all the time, I'm open to the possibility that there is some dark conspiracy to taint various "Christian" religions and sects and then lump all "Christians" together based upon a minority viewpoint. Link all Republicans with war and "Christianity" with Republicans. This in turn feeds the anti-"Christian" sentiment/movement and gives bitterheads a new group to feel superior to and more hate-bonding experiences for them to engage in. This separates individuals further (like the idiotic Democrats and the idiotic Republicans) and brings us closer to the ever-closer inevitable end of doom.

[edit on 30-1-2006 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
if that's true, then the same works vice versa.

It can only be vice versa if you cared for us,and not only cared about trying to debunk the thread topic.

and christians don't try and convince anyone else that god exists?

This is an answer for a question i did`nt ask.The question was and not specifically either directed squarely at you shauny,Q - Why if your secure do you care so much to try and convince someone that knows God exists.Remenber i said that it was a form of conviction non believers argue to the lengths some do.

90 pages long and not an ounce of resolution or conclusion in site.

How can you talk for everyone that has posted and or even those who lurk without being members.For that answer to be true?

i care because someone is complaining about a non-existent anti-christian conspiracy. you're on about atheists...'why do you care', well what exactly is a christian's motivation to come on here and go on about an anti-christian conspiracy? surely if christians were secure with themselves and their beliefs, they wouldn't need to come on here and profess there's a conspiracy against them.

Thank you this is the main question i wanted answered from the opinion of non believers.
You personally post the same on other Christian related threads Shauny,i knew that response would come up thats why i included the "read other threads and you see that or not" line.So sorry the first part does`nt wash or answer the question.

Then most importantly you ask the question of " well what exactly is a Christian's motivation to come on here and go on about an anti-Christian conspiracy.

If you had thought about this question when first posting in Christian related threads you would have understood my post,and understood Christians better.

The motivation is we care about you knowing full well because most of us was like you at one stage and did`nt know God loved us and wanted us to know Him,thats why i did that winky thing and said "thats why we care".

Thats why Saint4God and Jake and others spend their time talking and getting to understand non believers where they are at,It is our belief and instruction to be Christ like so other people see Christ in us so you may also see,non believers are only concerned with debunking believers beliefs.

i don't really have any beliefs.

We have one more than you,basically thats the difference between Christians and you and why we care about you and only you when speaking to you specifically.Not to convince you but so you may see God also not in physical evidence but in us as proof.This is another reason why its important we care correctly for ourselves and others so that we represent Christ`s teachings.

2nd hand thoughts

I enjoyed the read and your experiences with it in the US,with a doubt have seen the similar Anti-Christian movement or mockery and its always gaining momentum,Its always been there in one form or another and should`nt surprise any of us that believe in the least that it exists.A sign of the times and a part of the great falling away as well.

Why is it that the most bitter thread posters always have such poor spelling and grammar? I've been studying this for quite some time now and it is true 100% of the time

This my friend is incorrect sorry to say,i know this because since coming to ATS a few years ago i could have nearly been considered illiterate.
Its from people like yourself that are more educated and those with fine examples of spelling and grammar i learn a bit more everyday.I owe ATS and its members that have taught me better than i knew gratitude for that.

So bitter and hate filled posts are`nt exclusive to bad spelling and grammar,i`ve read and posted in reply to the most hateful and bitter people i`ve ever come across and yet they are extremely educated,and yet i`ve seen kind considerate people poorly educated mocked because of being poorly educated.

I don't care what anyone believes so long as it doesn't openly attack my own beliefs, at which point I may ignore the conflict, accept it as part of the human condition/experience, or take action in support of my own religion and moral values.

This one i personally have done myself countless times and probably will do it again,yet we have been taught to care for nothing but everything.So everyday seems like take two steps up and one back in that regard.

[edit on 31-1-2006 by gps777]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 03:15 AM
link   
the fact that relgion plays a part of so many indiviual conspiracy's makes it a conspiracy in itself.
if people didn't feel secrets were being kept from them then there would be no conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   

It can only be vice versa if you cared for us,and not only cared about trying to debunk the thread topic.

why would it be about caring for christians? that's not the topic at hand. you're saying there's an anti-chrsitian conspiracy, you expect atheist not to come and try and argue that there isn't? and by what you say, seems as though christians care about atheists...hardly, seems as though they can't wait to tell us we're going to hell, that they are saved, and that we're in on an anti-christian conspiracy...that's what you call 'caring'.

Why if your secure do you care so much to try and convince someone that knows God exists. Remenber i said that it was a form of conviction non believers argue to the lengths some do.

for the same reasons as a christian will try and show a non-believer that god exists. i was just pointing out that sometimes the shoe is on the other foot.

How can you talk for everyone that has posted and or even those who lurk without being members.For that answer to be true?

because it isn't resolved. it won't ever be. do you really see a point at which all the non-believers say 'yeh, you're right. there is a conspiracy, you got us...'' the fact that i don't even think there is a conspiracy, means there's no resolution, as people like saintforgod seem pretty determined in their convictions.

The motivation is we care about you knowing full well because most of us was like you at one stage and did`nt know God loved us and wanted us to know Him.

if god loves you and wants you to know him...why are you spending your time here, trying to create an anti-christian conspiracy, merely because there are people with heated opinions about christians.

i'll use the story of one christian, who used the bible to justify his actions in shooting dead an abortion doctor. now that's a pretty heated christian. but heated christians and heated opinions from atheists, don't always speak for the majority.

Thats why Saint4God and Jake and others spend their time talking and getting to understand non believers where they are at,It is our belief and instruction to be Christ like so other people see Christ in us so you may also see,non believers are only concerned with debunking believers beliefs.

i like how you generalise 'non-believers' as we 'all' love to debunk believer's faith. and you want me to care about you?...for a person that thinks 'all' non-believers are the same, and are here to just debunk believer's faith.

We have one more than you,basically thats the difference between Christians and you and why we care about you and only you when speaking to you specifically.Not to convince you but so you may see God also not in physical evidence but in us as proof.This is another reason why its important we care correctly for ourselves and others so that we represent Christ`s teachings.

if you 'cared' you wouldn't be trying to show me god exists, or prove he does. that's not caring. that's merely trying to make me believe what you believe...and somehow that to you is caring? so when an atheist tries to say god isn't real, and debunk believer's faith, that's not caring? when the shoe is on the other foot, and a christian is trying to say that god is real to non-believers...that is caring? slight hypocrisy about that, don't ya think?

[edit on 31-1-2006 by shaunybaby]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Moses, Jesus and an old man are golfing. Moses steps up to the tee and hits the ball. It goes sailing over the fairway and lands in the water trap. Moses parts the water and chips the ball onto the green.

Jesus steps up to the tee and hits the ball. It goes sailing over the fairway and lands in the water trap.

Jesus just walks on the water and chips the ball onto the green. The old man steps up to the tee and hits the ball. It goes sailing over the fairway and heads for the water trap. But, just before it falls into the water, a fish jumps up and grabs the ball in its mouth. As the fish is falling back down into the water, an eagle swoops down and grabs the fish in its claws. The eagle flies over the green where a lightning bolt shoots from the sky and barely misses it. Startled, the eagle drops the fish. When the fish hits the ground, the ball pops out of its mouth and rolls into the hole for a hole-in-one.

Jesus then turns to the old man and says, "Dad, if you don't stop fooling around, we won't bring you next time."

...guess i'm just part of the anti-christian conspiracy afterall.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Moses, Jesus and an old man are golfing. Moses steps up to the tee and hits the ball. It goes sailing over the fairway and lands in the water trap. Moses parts the water and chips the ball onto the green.

Jesus steps up to the tee and hits the ball. It goes sailing over the fairway and lands in the water trap.

Jesus just walks on the water and chips the ball onto the green. The old man steps up to the tee and hits the ball. It goes sailing over the fairway and heads for the water trap. But, just before it falls into the water, a fish jumps up and grabs the ball in its mouth. As the fish is falling back down into the water, an eagle swoops down and grabs the fish in its claws. The eagle flies over the green where a lightning bolt shoots from the sky and barely misses it. Startled, the eagle drops the fish. When the fish hits the ground, the ball pops out of its mouth and rolls into the hole for a hole-in-one.

Jesus then turns to the old man and says, "Dad, if you don't stop fooling around, we won't bring you next time."

Now that thar is funny.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2nd Hand Thoughts
Why is it that the most bitter thread posters always have such poor spelling and grammar? I've been studying this for quite some time now and it is true 100% of the time. Spelling and grammar mistakes are then followed by over-used emoticons and needless use of quotation boxes. FYI: Picking and choosing "points" to mock or "answer" is much MUCH easier than actually answering fully-composed thoughts in their presented entirety.

In a world where stranger things happen all the time, I'm open to the possibility that there is some dark conspiracy to taint various "Christian" religions and sects and then lump all "Christians" together based upon a minority viewpoint. Link all Republicans with war and "Christianity" with Republicans. This in turn feeds the anti-"Christian" sentiment/movement and gives bitterheads a new group to feel superior to and more hate-bonding experiences for them to engage in. This separates individuals further (like the idiotic Democrats and the idiotic Republicans) and brings us closer to the ever-closer inevitable end of doom.

my thoughts exactly. the comedy channel is getting really bad about it. have you seen "drawn together" on that channel? it makes jesus and the people who belive in him look retarted.....worse than "the daily show." television is a powerful weapon to manipulate the mind.

the devil knows his period of rule is now almost up -- he has but a short time. he is even now casting out a torrent of false doctrines. he would have succeeded in destroying the early true church entirely, had it not been for divine, supernatural, intervention (rev. 12:6). Even so, only a "remnant" -- a very small number -- are to be left keeping the commandments of God. "The Dragon" (Satan, see verse 9) "was wroth . . . and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ" (Rev. 12:17).

God watches over this earth in as far as His overall plan and immutable laws are concerned. But Satan is allowed to rule it through suggestion until Christ's second coming. Satan now is intensely active and he has all but a remnant -- a very small number -- deceived

good post 2nd hand

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
2nd Hand Thoughts:

"But given that there really is a significant amount of bitter loudmouths that really hate others for personal beliefs without the chance for elaboration by those with personal beliefs (e.g. the "Christianity sucks" agenda which is no different than the "Judaism sucks" agenda) and that countries war over religion, it is absolutely reasonable to assume the far more reasonable existence of a self-propagating culture/religious conspiracy. It's one of those human condition "conspiracies by default".

LCKob:

Well within this context, I would say that there is a conspiracy for EVERY religion, philosophy or world view ... because from the largest to the smallest, there will always be those who violently or abusively disagree.

... and of those who disagree, there will be those who are shrewd enough to keep quiet on the vocal front, who anonymously "let there malicious actions speak their opposition."

... thus, if this condition pertains to ALL religious and non religious causal discipines, then is it truly a conspiracy or is it just a sign of how contentious and "centric" humans can be in regards to "WE" ... as opposed to "THEY"?

LCKob

[edit on 31-1-2006 by LCKob]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   

if you 'cared' you wouldn't be trying to show me god exists, or prove he does. that's not caring. that's merely trying to make me believe what you believe...and somehow that to you is caring? so when an atheist tries to say god isn't real, and debunk believer's faith, that's not caring? when the shoe is on the other foot, and a christian is trying to say that god is real to non-believers...that is caring? slight hypocrisy about that, don't ya think?

I`ll skip the rest because this applies to all your quotes,we do care thats why we`re here talking to you,Christ was and is our example He did the same because He cared.You are the only one that can prove God exists to yourself by seeing God or lack of within yourself or in others and in the world and universe.

Do Athiests care that we will not live forever in Heaven because there is something we have missed?The furtherest stretch and i do mean stretch is that an Athiest might think we waste our life and time believing in a God that does`nt exist but i dont believe these Atheists are here posting the majority of the time on these Christians related threads.Honesty to ones self would go a long way to realise this,i base that remark on the evidence of all your`s and others posts on the topic.

I was sort of like that once myself,i`m here to inform you i was wrong,yep because i care.I would have also been a part of the anti-Christian conspiracy without knowing it.I simply contemplated peoples motives of why they do the things they do,and i began to see Satan and God in all types of people,and also saw that i was on the wrong side of the fence.

Yes it is caring when Christians tell others God exists,it should be no different than Christ telling and showing people God and the correct way to Him.Thats caring and Love.Thats where the words come from,God.God is also Truth.

You can twist it as much as you can it wont change our motives.My hope was that those who post continually on Christian threads might actually stop thinking of a quick oposite replies and think about the differences in motives,and so that they could see their own compared to those who know God exists.

If you think i`m untrustworthy thats fine,read Christs words and try and understand His motives sayings and actions and tell me thats not caring,Christians are supposed to follow Christ and sometimes we fail terribly and some times i believe some pose as Christians to do terrible things on purpose to discredit Christianity,so i can understand a lot of peoples mistrust,but cant understand mistrust in Christ and or His words.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   

I`ll skip the rest because this applies to all your quotes,we do care thats why we`re here talking to you,Christ was and is our example He did the same because He cared.You are the only one that can prove God exists to yourself by seeing God or lack of within yourself or in others and in the world and universe.

the thing is you seem to think ''caring'' is this:

''god is real, i used to be wrong, but now i'm right, he is true, and so is jesus, jesus is real, you have to believe in him, find a way to believe, he performed miracles, and showed people how to care''.

however, if the shoe is on the other foot and an atheist tries to put their point across, it is not ''caring''.

''look, dude, god isn't real, and jesus at best was just like you and i. you're the one who's wrong, and there's no eternal life in heaven''... that isn't caring.

so why is it caring for a christian to express their belief and force it on to others, but if an atheist does the same, it's not caring? neither the christian or atheist viewpoint, is caring. neither of them show any sort of care whatsoever. it's just one person, of one belief voicing thier opinion. if you do think you're caring by telling us god exists, then you're delusional at best.

you're basically telling me i'm wrong...i don't see that as caring. and if you do, i think you need to re-think your concept of 'caring'.

[edit on 1-2-2006 by shaunybaby]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I'm an atheist because a) I find the concept of God implausible, given all the crap that goes down in this world of ours, b) I regard organised religion as being mostly concerned with funding very large fat men in frocks, and c) I am a cynic and have a tendency to ask more questions than the Elephant's Child, which has often led me to some facts that people with religion find very hard to explain.
I am also the son of two committed members of the Church of England. They don't push their agenda at me and I return the favour. I think that the biggest backlash tends to be against people who try and stuff their religion down people's throats. It certainly annoys me.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Sorry you've had such a negative experience as it relates to God, Darkmind. He tends to be the receiving end of all blame. I hope someday some light will come into your life that will change all of that.

[edit on 1-2-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   

''look, dude, god isn't real, and jesus at best was just like you and i. you're the one who's wrong, and there's no eternal life in heaven''... that isn't caring.

so why is it caring for a christian to express their belief and force it on to others, but if an atheist does the same, it's not caring? neither the christian or atheist viewpoint, is caring. neither of them show any sort of care whatsoever. it's just one person, of one belief voicing thier opinion. if you do think you're caring by telling us god exists, then you're delusional at best.

you're basically telling me i'm wrong...i don't see that as caring. and if you do, i think you need to re-think your concept of 'caring'.

If your post consistently consisted of these type words i would have the opinion you actually believed them which i know you dont think like this.
Thats why i mentioned those type of people being Atheists who might actually think like this before you just posted it.

And i`m not basically telling you your wrong,I`m telling you your wrong when you say that God doès`nt exist and we dont care.because basically we know God cares that you refuse to realize that he does.

[edit on 1-2-2006 by gps777]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   

And i`m not basically telling you your wrong,

yeah you are. you said youself you used to be wrong, and be on the wrong side of the fence, but now you have god...you're right, hence you're saying i'm wrong.

I`m telling you your wrong when you say that God doès`nt exist and we dont care.

exactly...you say i'm wrong if i say god doesn't exist. but when you say he does exist...it's right? so you do think i'm wrong. and by trying to show me god does exist and give me your opinion on god, you somehow think that's caring. yet, when an atheist gives their opinion, that god isn't real to a christian...that's not caring.

because basically we know God cares that you refuse to realize that he does.

so now we're on about god caring? i thought before 'you' cared. but obviously you've changed this statement because it doesn't work, and made it 'god cares'.

[edit on 1-2-2006 by shaunybaby]

new topics

top topics

<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join