It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Christian conspiracy

page: 92
<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
not sure if that's genuine, but yes i am interested in a career in media. hope to own and run a successful business one day too.

All the best in the endeavor.

well it's not my fault people aren't talking about your christian god at work.

Didn't mean to imply it was your fault. Just painting the picture of the only restriction I see in exercising the freedom.

maybe they'd prefer to 'work' than get in to a discussion about monotheistic religions.

Don't I wish. They line up like crows on a fence each morning to talk about where they're going on vacation, what to spend their money on, sports, cars, fashion, an everything else that doesn't matter.

and the store, need i say anymore? why would god be discussed in a store.

Hehee! I don't know, just an example of where you do and do not hear about God. That there is an imbalance of where He is and is not spoken about.

you probably won't hear people talk about evolution in a store, so why bother stating that people talk very very little about god in a store...not sure what point you were making.

That there's not an equality. Surprisingly I get heavily engaged in evolution, time & space, and such discussions at work but was told to stop short of anything religious and to be careful.

at the end of the day, what is the point in this discussion. you've made up your mind already that there is significant evidence to show a secret conspiracy to debunk the christian faith.

And there is.

i'm not sure on what logical boundaries you've made your assumptions and come to this conclusion, because so far i've seen nothing of the sort, that suggests a conspiracy.

Rather than getting an "excessive quote" warning from mods, I'd encourage going back to one of the three times where I explained, who (without naming names of those I know who are involved), what, when, approximately where, and why yet no-one wants to address. The only address I got was something to the effect of "yeah but they're a small group of nut-jobs" which they clearly are not.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
But the prophet he knocks off speaks like Jesus, talking about how we need to love one, seeking truth and such, right?

actually if you ''notice'' there's a whole line of prophets and people speaking. so i'm not sure why the one he knocks off has to be jesus...could be anyone.

Oh, so they didn't have Brian bear his cross, put on that cross at the end, and gives final words to one next to him as in the gospels?

they also give about 30 other people crosses...are they all jesus' too?

Didn't mean to imply it was your fault. Just painting the picture of the only restriction I see in exercising the freedom.

but on the other hand why does god need to be discussed in the work place? it's a place of 'work' not a place of discussing non specific deities from organized religion.

Don't I wish. They line up like crows on a fence each morning to talk about where they're going on vacation, what to spend their money on, sports, cars, fashion, an everything else that doesn't matter.

goes back to when we were talking about people merely 'following', 'following' a lifestyle that they believe they need because a magazine is selling it to them. from what clothes they should be wearing, what hairstlye they need, what car they should be driving, and if you're not driving the right car or got the right hair cut or got the right clothes nobody will have sex with you and you'll have no friends. this is cool to like, this is uncool to like etc. but this is 'their' lives that 'they' are buying in to, just the same as your life and whatever you buy in to, so it's no different. they probably don't think your beliefs about god matter, just like you don't think their lives matter.

Hehee! I don't know, just an example of where you do and do not hear about God. That there is an imbalance of where He is and is not spoken about.

what do you want? preachers having mass prayers in stores or malls? what about other religions, should we get other faith leaders to also lead prayers in malls? ...not sure what the point in that would be. people are there to shop...not listen about religion. like you said ''exercising freedom''...what if you don't want prayers and sermens going on whilst you're doing your weekly shopping...you didn't think about those people. you were just thinking about yourself and your own religious beliefs, anyone elses beliefs didn't even come in to it.

That there's not an equality. Surprisingly I get heavily engaged in evolution, time & space, and such discussions at work but was told to stop short of anything religious and to be careful.

sounds like that's your problem, you deal with that how you want...if you really wanted to talk about god i'm sure you wouldn't hesitate. perhaps that's why you're here talking about god because people at work won't listen. anyways, back to the workplace...many women who get pregnant and then have to look after their babies, don't often get the chance to go back to work afterwards, does this mean they're anti-women and anti-babies?

seems to me that you're blaming personal experiences such as being warned about talking about god at work, which has nothing to do in the grand scheme of things. the same with personal experiences with films and tv such as life of brian and the simpsons. there's no conspiracy there, just your inability to deal with programmes that tackle religion, and more specifically your religion.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   

actually if you ''notice'' there's a whole line of prophets and people speaking. so i'm not sure why the one he knocks off has to be jesus...could be anyone.

The same technique was employed by multiple crosses, however we KNOW that crucifixion was not common for someone who claimed to be a prophet during that time. A muddying of the waters to obscure the point.

they also give about 30 other people crosses...are they all jesus' too?

Exactly my point, per above.

but on the other hand why does god need to be discussed in the work place? it's a place of 'work' not a place of discussing non specific deities from organized religion.

Nor cars, money, tv, fashion, etc. Either all or none. I'm being selected against because I care not about these things and am unable to talk about things I like.

goes back to when we were talking about people merely 'following', 'following' a lifestyle that they believe they need because a magazine is selling it to them. from what clothes they should be wearing, what hairstlye they need, what car they should be driving, and if you're not driving the right car or got the right hair cut or got the right clothes nobody will have sex with you and you'll have no friends. this is cool to like, this is uncool to like etc. but this is 'their' lives that 'they' are buying in to, just the same as your life and whatever you buy in to, so it's no different. they probably don't think your beliefs about god matter, just like you don't think their lives matter.

Nevertheless they're allowed to discuss it, but I cannot discuss God with someone who is interested in doing so. TABOO! I may be overheard and that's oppressive to others. What sense does that make?

what do you want? preachers having mass prayers in stores or malls?

If consenting individuals wish to, where is the harm?

what about other religions, should we get other faith leaders to also lead prayers in malls?

If consenting individuals wish to, where is the harm?

...not sure what the point in that would be. people are there to shop...not listen about religion. like you said ''exercising freedom''...what if you don't want prayers and sermens going on whilst you're doing your weekly shopping...you didn't think about those people. you were just thinking about yourself and your own religious beliefs, anyone elses beliefs didn't even come in to it.

Actually I enjoy talking to people of other beliefs and don't understand where the fear of doing so is.

sounds like that's your problem, you deal with that how you want...

Indeed I am. Perhaps by career change in the near future. We'll see soon.

if you really wanted to talk about god i'm sure you wouldn't hesitate.

In fact I have hesitated and not follow through on a good number of occasions. A problem I'm working to correct.

perhaps that's why you're here talking about god because people at work won't listen.

Wow, quite an assumption sir. I'm talking about two or more people who want to talk about God. Why am I imagined in your mind as a preacher or "holy-roller Bible thumper"?

anyways, back to the workplace...many women who get pregnant and then have to look after their babies, don't often get the chance to go back to work afterwards, does this mean they're anti-women and anti-babies?

What?

seems to me that you're blaming personal experiences such as being warned about talking about god at work, which has nothing to do in the grand scheme of things.

It is a ripple that originated from the Anti-Christian Conspiracy. Not a massive insurrection, but present nonetheless.

the same with personal experiences with films and tv such as life of brian and the simpsons. there's no conspiracy there,

No, I don't think so, rather some minute effects from the original conspiracy.

just your inability to deal with programmes that tackle religion, and more specifically your religion.

Did I say I huffed and turned off Life of Brian? Did I turn off the tube because "Simpsons is the devil"? Not sure where you're getting this impression from me.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Saint, still in the eye of Hurricane Christianity I see. I hope you haven't been a victim of the new policy on "Big -Boy Threads" and gotten a warn, the points for posting in the religious forum are already small enough.

I stopped back in to see if anyone had learned anything but once again things were right back where they were on beginning pages. If you learn one thing from this thread it should be to have and open mind and try to place yourself in someones elses shoes. You don't have to agree with them, just be considerate and empathetic in the future.

An example would be prayer in the mall or public place. Imagine yourself as a believer of something else ofther than Christianity( its only hypothetical). How would you feel of everyone else displaying their religion in a place where many come to escape such contraversy? Granted you might think the diversity is great, I feel keeping any public place secular could only help avoid any conflict.

Religion is great, organized religion is the worst thing to have ever happend to mankind,

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
To the last few posts.

Your analogy of why would God be tolerant now of sin when He has destroyed people and nations. Well first of all, as I understand it, God did not just destroy countries and nations He has destroyed planets. Like Mars and there is another planet out there with signs of ancient intelligent life that either has not been discovered, Yet! That's Sodom and Gommorah.

The homosexual sin. The Word states that it is a sin. It is a sin against humanity. Prove it you say? Look at the Aliens! No testicles. There is your final answer to all exclusive male homosexuality. A human body with no ears=no music (by communicating with telepathy so long, Hey sounds like some of the OBE and tele-crap, no mouth= no taste,no speech, no different and beautiful colorful languages). Now thats evolution based upon what? Science and society that cares only for themselves (cult of Set), indifferent to other human suffering and only want self gratification, not tommorrow, but right now! Drive thru burgers, pharmacy, beer, videos. homosexuality, drugs, etc. Self-gratification or hope of easy street. It is the evolution not to crush Christianity but to slowly choke it out. Its evolution but that's going to stop pretty soon.

My feeling is the Bible is not so much telling someone how to live their life as much as it is giving you the understanding to choose which live you wish to live. Thought and Free Will to Choose is what the Father gave us. That is what was, and is, with us since the beginning. Even before evolution ever took its first step.Cordially, Ravenmock1

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charlie Murphy
Saint, still in the eye of Hurricane Christianity I see.

Hehe, never heard that anaolgy before.

I hope you haven't been a victim of the new policy on "Big -Boy Threads" and gotten a warn,

I have! Seems my implied comment about a certain alien thread being "valueless banter" was seen by the mods as valueless banter
. Gotta love the irony, and I wear my red badge of courage without regret. Lesson learned, let's move on.

the points for posting in the religious forum are already small enough.

*chuckles* My warning had nothing to do with standing up for God...regrettably.

I stopped back in to see if anyone had learned anything but once again things were right back where they were on beginning pages. If you learn one thing from this thread it should be to have and open mind and try to place yourself in someones elses shoes. You don't have to agree with them, just be considerate and empathetic in the future.

I'm good for that..and typically don't say anything when people begin their sentences with "I think" or "I believe". I usually only pipe up when people get on the "Christianity is crap" carpet-bombing run.

An example would be prayer in the mall or public place. Imagine yourself as a believer of something else ofther than Christianity( its only hypothetical).

It was true for a long time for me, so no stretch of the imagination.

How would you feel of everyone else displaying their religion in a place where many come to escape such contraversy? Granted you might think the diversity is great, I feel keeping any public place secular could only help avoid any conflict.

If there weren't other cliques, I could see your point. In High School, people find others with common interest and band together. I was fortunate to be part of two groups in late High School because no others had wanted anything to do with me. One considered the "freaks" and the other called "Bible Thumpers". I was already a Christian and was treated like a freak though make no effort to seem as one. Ready for the cool part? By senior year they merged
. That was freakin' awesome. The outcasts and Christians were almost indistinguishable. Not all outcasts were Christians and not all Christians were outcasts, but it was a nifty piece of sociological hybridization!

Not my picture here, but interestingly enough I wear the spiked bracelet and a collar. More techno/club look for me and like having blue hair, but TMI I'm sure.

Found this site last week, "Serving the Christian Gothic Community with the Gospel of Jesus Christ":

www.christiangoth.com...

Reminds me of when I used to play Vampire the Masquerade in college...

Religion is great, organized religion is the worst thing to have ever happend to mankind,

If you never go to church, but believe in the Word, that would be a great step. I can attest though, a good Bible-teaching church can really help a person grow (and the one I attend has a kickin' band).

[edit on 3-2-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Found this site last week, "Serving the Christian Gothic Community with the Gospel of Jesus Christ":

www.christiangoth.com...

roll up, roll up, christianity is here to save you. no not you, get out of line. goth's only please.

christianity seems to do this with most groups. they pick a specific one to sink their teeth in to, design a plan to make sure most of them will follow it...and there you have it, another group that's been de-humanized. nothing but a corporate business that's trying to get more customers, and most importantly more money.

just leave those poor goths alone!

[edit on 3-2-2006 by shaunybaby]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   

roll up, roll up, christianity is here to save you. no not you, get out of line. goth's only please.

I hope they're not being selective and ascribing to exclusivity. That would be Anti-Biblical and therefore not a Christian group.

christianity seems to do this with most groups. they pick a specific one to sink their teeth in to, design a plan to make sure most of them will follow it...and there you have it, another group that's been de-humanized. nothing but a corporate business that's trying to get more customers, and most importantly more money.

just leave those poor goths alone!

Hey, are you saying I can't have goth friends? Talk about exclusion
Yeah right, like I pass the collection plate around my friends. Please....

[edit on 3-2-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
just the whole fact that there's a specific site aimed at goths, who may or may not yet be christian. i've not come across a site such as 'evolution4kids.com' or 'evolution4goths' or perhaps 'you can be a punk, and still believe in evolution'... so why does christianity do that? but i've also seen those specific christian sites that are aimed at children etc.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
This whole joke discussion has gotten out of hand imo.Firstly it does depend on what ones opinion is on what is funny.

Much more importantly,would the individual believe Christ would agree with your opinion on what is funny.My opinion is these jokes or movies being discussed He would not consider them funny.More He would see them as irrelevant and no help or good to ones life,even though its important to sometimes have a good laugh.

Do i believe Christ laughed?yep but just not with a twisted sense of humor.Do i admit i have laughed at things i should`nt have especially to myself and God?,yep,am i a lone ranger in that regard?,nope,does it make it any better that i`m no lone ranger?,nope

This anti-Christian or anti-God conspiracy issue is one that is only seen by those that believe in Him,and pointless to those that dont or more to the point those that stay on this thread and others, arguing for the point of arguing, trapped in their pointless words and too proud to admit it is one more excuse to refuse to believe.

Shauny your a waste of time to yourself and to anyone else because of it,you think you can mock God and His people?you only mock yourself by it,God says "vengeance will be Mine"your in a dangerous spiritual position right now in your life.If thats not caring what is?
You once said in your opinion that it could be seen that i`m afraid of you

You then said on this page and one page back and mocked that i dont care about you,and only to add that i`m delusional at best,i have no doubt you and others have said the same things to other Christians.Without realizing the gravity of such accusations and assumptions and excuses.To mock God and His people is to your own peril and demise.
I base this from the amount of your posts being on Christian/God related issues and discussions,and the good advice you have been given in those threads.The only reason i can see for carrying on wasting time or effort from Christians on such threads or with you
is for maybe a reader might take the good advice and understand and apply it to their lives that you refuse.These people who may have taken such advice i cannot expect to hear from them about it,knowing that if they did they have taken on the most important step anyone could make in their lives,and are off experiencing it,maybe in a few years we may hear back from them who knows.
But to reiterate these discussions specifically with you are a waste.Until you wake up to yourself you are`nt worth a dime to yourself,so sit back behind your little desk and key board in your useless little life typing out your nonesense and mock God,you would not get away with it mocking people to their faces and mine and certainly not to Christ.
Simply because your too proud and stuck,trapped within your words and afraid to admit it to yourself.
If you need the basics again?read this thread and onto page 2
Nearly every point of view is covered.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4-2-2006 by gps777]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
This whole joke discussion has gotten out of hand imo.Firstly it does depend on what ones opinion is on what is funny.

so no christian finds the simpsons funny, just because of some circumstances that dictate ned flanders to be too much of a goody goody christian. so if you find it funny it's o.k, but if you don't find it funny it means it's anti-christian?

Much more importantly,would the individual believe Christ would agree with your opinion on what is funny.My opinion is these jokes or movies being discussed He would not consider them funny.More He would see them as irrelevant and no help or good to ones life,even though its important to sometimes have a good laugh.

so you won't laugh at something unless someone else says it's ok or is laughing too? and how do you 'know' christ wouldn't have laughed at these things. you seem pretty certain in your convictions that jesus wouldn't have found these funny, stating he would find them 'irrelevant' and 'no help'. i don't see how on earth you would 'know' this, or why on earth you'd even claim you 'know' this is the case.

This anti-Christian or anti-God conspiracy issue is one that is only seen by those that believe in Him,and pointless to those that dont or more to the point those that stay on this thread and others, arguing for the point of arguing, trapped in their pointless words and too proud to admit it is one more excuse to refuse to believe.

so it's not just anti-christian, it's anti-any-monotheistic-yet-non-specific-deity?

Shauny your a waste of time to yourself and to anyone else because of it,you think you can mock God and His people?you only mock yourself by it,God says "vengeance will be Mine"your in a dangerous spiritual position right now in your life.If thats not caring what is?

am i allowed to laugh at what you just said, because it seems pretty ridiculous...but i guess if i laugh i'm being anti-christian, right? because you don't find that funny, hence anything you don't find funny, means it's anti-christian.

You once said in your opinion that it could be seen that i`m afraid of you

You then said on this page and one page back and mocked that i dont care about you,and only to add that i`m delusional at best,

well you stated that jesus would find comedy about christianity 'irrelevant' and 'no help', and i don't think you're in any position to speak for your lord. so in that light yes you'd be delusional. you believe there's an anti-christian conspiracy, all because of the fact that in your opinion you don't find something funny...that can also be seen as delusional. that's just not enough to have those sort of conclusions, just because you don't find something funny. and is that all the anti-christian conspiracy boils down to?...comedians?

To mock God and His people is to your own peril and demise.

one of the few things you could have an arguement for is jerry springer the opera. it was neither funny nor had a point to it. that was irrelevent so called humour that mocked god, seemingly solely to 'mock god' to be controversial.

you are a waste.Until you wake up to yourself you are`nt worth a dime to yourself,so sit back behind your little desk and key board in your useless little life typing out your nonesense and mock God,you would not get away with it mocking people to their faces and mine and certainly not to Christ.

Originally by jake1997]
But when it comes to christianity....
I see hatred, dripping wet with venom.

ironic that atheists are supposed to have this dripping wet with venom hate for christians, when right he is a classic example of a christian with the same symptoms.

this all coming from a person that stated over and over how he and christians care about us, and how that makes them different from atheists? wierd...slight change of tone from the 'caring christian'.

Simply because your too proud and stuck,trapped within your words and afraid to admit it to yourself.

oright, i'm afraid now? yes i'm dreadfully afraid that you've called me proud, stuck up and trapped within my own words

you've pretty much undone most of the work to make anyone believe there's an anti-christian conspiracy. because what it comes down to, as you have said, is ''opinion''. ''if you don't find something funny, in your own opinion, then that can be percieved as anti-christian''. if that's the case, and it's down to what you find funny then that's absolutly ridiculous. i don't find every comdian funny, so it should go without saying that you wouldn't find every comedian funny.

i think you've finally shown your non-caring true colors in your post, and it's about time. you're just lying to yourself when you say you're caring, because you're not...especially not here anyways. and actually i don't think i've attacked any person here with quite as many convictions as you have with me, sure i've had the odd slip up, word said here, word said there. however, what you say us 'atheists' are doing and what we contribute to the anti-christian conspiracy...you just did yourself in your entire post.

[edit on 4-2-2006 by shaunybaby]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   

so no christian finds the simpsons funny, just because of some circumstances that dictate ned flanders to be too much of a goody goody christian. so if you find it funny it's o.k, but if you don't find it funny it means it's anti-christian?

I have no idea why your going on about the Simpson's.Or what that had to do with what i said.But like all of your posts you simply twist it to make people look stupid,and you think thats clever?

i don't see how on earth you would 'know' this, or why on earth you'd even claim you 'know' this is the case.

In someone you dont believe in i`m not surprised.

so it's not just anti-christian, it's anti-any-monotheistic-yet-non-specific-deity?

As i`ve stated before anti Christian(which is also anti God by the way)conspiracy's are to be expected

am i allowed to laugh at what you just said, because it seems pretty ridiculous...but i guess if i laugh i'm being anti-christian, right? because you don't find that funny, hence anything you don't find funny, means it's anti-christian.

When have i stopped you doing anything you want.

well you stated that jesus would find comedy about christianity 'irrelevant' and 'no help', and i don't think you're in any position to speak for your lord.

What gives you the authority to tell me i cant speak for my Lord.

one of the few things you could have an arguement for is jerry springer the opera. it was neither funny nor had a point to it. that was irrelevent so called humour that mocked god, seemingly solely to 'mock god' to be controversial.

Not interested in springer,though find it amazing you admit you`ve actually seen something yourself

Originally by jake1997]
But when it comes to christianity....
I see hatred, dripping wet with venom.

I see that a lot as well every day,i dont have much patience for it,nor do i allow people to insult bash verbally or physically or constantly harass with mental taunts to either my friends or family.

ironic that atheists are supposed to have this dripping wet with venom hate for christians, when right he is a classic example of a christian with the same symptoms.

Well Christians are people as well with faults,i`ve meet hundreds if not thousands of decent mannered what you have called atheists,i dont consider you would be one of them.

this all coming from a person that stated over and over how he and christians care about us, and how that makes them different from atheists? wierd...slight change of tone from the 'caring christian'.

I never intended it to reffer to say like your mommies love shaunybaby

oright, i'm afraid now? yes i'm dreadfully afraid that you've called me proud, stuck up and trapped within my own words

IMO yep,you seem quit trapped to these Christian threads,and the best come back you can think of is to twist or say the exact opposite of any point being made.How clever

you've pretty much undone most of the work to make anyone believe there's an anti-christianrefer

Its not my intention or need to prove an anti-Christian conspiracy,God exists Satan exists,stands to reason Satan would have a lot of conspiracies against us that others dont see.

i think you've finally shown your non-caring true colors in your post, and it's about time. you're just lying to yourself when you say you're caring, because you're not

Caring true colors,i think your deliberately wasting peoples time and then insulting them for it,i think if people ignored you from the start it would have been better for you and everyone else.I think your a 10 year old at best.

[edit on 4-2-2006 by gps777]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
I have no idea why your going on about the Simpson's.Or what that had to do with what i said.

it does have something to do with what you said. you said that if you don't find something funny, then it's anti-christian. so if you see life of brian and think it's funny...that's ok. but if you see it and think it's not funny...it's anti-christian. your philosophy, not mine...i'm just trying to 'get' what you're saying, because right now you're confusing and contradicting yourself with every word you write.

But like all of your posts you simply twist it to make people look stupid,and you think thats clever?

i don't twist anything, and if it makes you look stupid it's not my fault you wrote your post in the first place.

As i`ve stated before anti Christian(which is also anti God by the way)conspiracy's are to be expected

so it's not just anti-christian, not just targeting christians, but targeting a non-specific deity? surely that's the whole point of the anti-christian conspiracy, that other religions are barely touched, but christianity is being molested, by comedians, tv, film and so on? yet, here you are saying that it's now 'god' as well, which doesn't imply ownership to any one religion, it could be a number of religions.

When have i stopped you doing anything you want.

never. that's great thing about free-thinkers. by your tone, sounds like you don't always get to do what you ''want''.

What gives you the authority to tell me i cant speak for my Lord.

because i would count that as blasphemy. speaking for your lord? what gives you the authority to speak on behalf of all christians what their lord would think about certain comedies...you're starting to sound like a televangelist, telling people what their god will like and won't like.

Not interested in springer,though find it amazing you admit you`ve actually seen something yourself

i never denied there were anti-christian things out there. i never denied there were no negative things against christianity out there. but i also said there were still many postives, and none of those negatives pointed to any sort of secret conspiracy to debunk christianity.

I see that a lot as well every day,i dont have much patience for it,nor do i allow people to insult bash verbally or physically or constantly harass with mental taunts to either my friends or family.

oright but it's ok for you to insult bash verbally me? you're a complete walking contradiction, what happened to 'turn the other cheek'? i may have said you're delusional, or afraid...but you bashed me more so, i'm not worried, do it some more if you want, it's your credibility that's going down the drain.

Well Christians are people as well with faults,i`ve meet hundreds if not thousand of decent mannered what you would called atheists,i dont consider you would be one of them.

and another bash, from the self-proclaimed 'caring christian'...got anymore up your sleeve?

Its not my intention or need to prove an anti-Christian conspiracy,God exists Satan exists,stands to reason Satan would have a lot of conspiracies against us that others dont see.

if it's not your need to prove it, then why are you on this thread? i'm here because i feel as though i have a right to defend your accusations, but why are you therefore here if you don't need to ''prove'' it? sounds like a complete contradiction because time after time you keep saying and trying to prove there's an anti-christian conspiracy, yet here you are saying you have no intentions to prove one exists.

Caring true colors,i think your deliberately wasting peoples time and then insulting them for it,i think if people ignored you from the start it would have been better for you and everyone else.I think your a 10 year old at best.

and some more bashful comments...you just don't stop do you. now who has the wet venom dripping with hatred? very doubtful it's the atheists, looks more like it's the angry christian, who can't get his/her way.

everything that this thread was created for, everything that is was meant to show how people supposedly treat christians, which then made this an anti-christian conspiracy...is now being shown by gps777. it's not the atheists here who have venom dripping with hatred...it's gps777. what an ironic turn of events. when it was supposed to be atheists doing the bashing, hatefilled posts...but it's gps777.

perhaps you'll say ''it's about time someone, a christian, like gps777 said something along those lines''. if that's even the case, then this anti-christian conspiracy fad is going down the drain. christians on this thread have basically lost all their credibility to prove any sort of conspiracy due to gps' outraged performance. because what atheists were supposed to have been doing, is now being done by christians to atheists. do you hear me complaining there's an anti-atheist conspiracy??

[edit on 4-2-2006 by shaunybaby]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
While I do not necessarily agree with everything gp777 has said, I would like to state that I feel, Shauny, that you are more hostile an atheist than other atheists.

Would you contend this? You seek out conversations concerning religion and you attempt to convince people of faith that they are idiots for believing what they believe. An atheist generally doesn't care if someone believes or not, people who consistently and repeatedly attack the validity of faith have something AGAINST faith.

Typically that something is the idea that true believers are somehow mentally ill, or sick in the head, or very self deluded... and some feel it is up to them to "Guide them to rational awareness through abandonment". This is the anti-christian conspiracy which is commented on.

People nowadays feel that there is no place for faith in the public venue. There is certainly a field of thought that wants to do away with all christian or spiritual belief, erasing that part of human behavior in favor of firm and hard rationality.

I'd argue that this is the wrong manner of dealing with it, and that there is a perfectly acceptable place for faith in the lives of men and women. Likewise, Christians in particular have a sect amongst them who feel it is their duty and responsibility to harass people without faith until they give in and believe, or to harass people who have different faiths until they give in and convert.

Both of these desires have nothing to do with god or behaving in a just manner (For those who are godless). Both of these responses have to do with self-gratification.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCrystalSword
While I do not necessarily agree with everything gp777 has said, I would like to state that I feel, Shauny, that you are more hostile an atheist than other atheists.

pretty much so, but then again i am towards anyone with a different opinion to mine. it's not just confined to religion, if that's what you're thinking.

You seek out conversations concerning religion and you attempt to convince people of faith that they are idiots for believing what they believe.

i can't comprehend reading a book, and taking that as 100% truth.

An atheist generally doesn't care if someone believes or not

well if they generally don't care, why are you so shocked that i do.

people who consistently and repeatedly attack the validity of faith have something AGAINST faith.

and no christian has ever attacked evolution? works both ways.

Typically that something is the idea that true believers are somehow mentally ill, or sick in the head, or very self deluded...

if that's not the case then every person would be religious. obviously there's something that sets my thought process and rationality apart from yours, and any other religious person. you reject every other religion and god, apart from one, i just go one god further. i think a valid question would be, 'why do you reject all of those gods, except for one. why is that 'one' you don't reject, the one true god, yet there rest are not'? are the rest made up? and if they are made up, or not valid...does that not mean that yours could also be thought of as made up? especially in the shoes of a muslim, hindu etc.

People nowadays feel that there is no place for faith in the public venue.

the preachers shouting on street corners would probably disagree. i can't stand those people. do you hear evolutionists shouting about evolution on the street? why is this man shouting about jesus... perhaps he's ''delusional'' to a certain extent because that's definatly not rational.

even after 90 pages there's still really no conclusion. even though you think there's people that are anti-christian on here, or out there, i still haven't seen anything of the sort of a secret conspiracy to debunk the faith of christians. even jerry springer the opera, how controversial that was, and how much it mocked christianity, it was merely a lame attempt to mock christianity and that was all. it really did nothing of the sort to debunk christian's beliefs.

i could say that christians are anti-evolution. so much so, that they want ID forced in to the science lesson and taught along side evolution. well what if it was made law for a scientist or two, to come in to church and teach christians about evolution?...it'd be wierd to say the least, and i'm certain that it would not be welcomed.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Shauny: And yet you completely and utterly ignore the fact that I stated that there are some religious people that are problematic too, didn't you?

Not only that, but you assume that I only believe in one god at the expense of all others. I happen to be a gnostic, and while I do hold a creator being as divinely above all other beings in existence, that doesn't mean I do not believe in the possibility of any other gods... or, in fact, ALL gods.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This thread has turned into quote war based purely on ego gratification. Give it a rest and get back on topic please...

kthxbye

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

you said that if you don't find something funny, then it's anti-christian. so if you see life of brian and think it's funny..

So are you saying Christians are only to like one style of music etc now from what i said?and thats not a twist?

i don't twist anything,

never. that's great thing about free-thinkers.

So in the belief of God and Christ is`nt a free choice in your mind?.

because i would count that as blasphemy. speaking for your lord?

So Christians to you are only supposed to repeat bible verses?

what gives you the authority to speak on behalf of all christians what their lord would think about certain comedies...you're starting to sound like a televangelist, telling people what their god will like and won't like.

I dont thats why i said thats up to the indavidual,i dont like certain types of music,Christ would find that irelevent as well.

i never denied there were anti-christian things out there. i never denied there were no negative things against christianity out there. but i also said there were still many postives, and none of those negatives pointed to any sort of secret conspiracy to debunk christianity.

So your only reason being on the thread then is why because you believe we are complaining about conspiracies against Christians rather than pointing them out.Have i denied there are no positives?I`d disagree that you think its balanced,i see the world more negative than positive and getting worse,you dont?.

oright but it's ok for you to insult bash verbally me? you're a complete walking contradiction, what happened to 'turn the other cheek'? i may have said you're delusional, or afraid...but you bashed me more so, i'm not worried, do it some more if you want, it's your credibility that's going down the drain.

What is it that you believe Christians or myself have done to you to deserve the redicule first,and yes if you were to do this constantly everyday in the face of Christians i know or myself it would be brought to the head,and when i show you an ounce of yourself"what happened to turn the other cheek"? line

if it's not your need to prove it, then why are you on this thread? i'm here because i feel as though i have a right to defend your accusations, but why are you therefore here if you don't need to ''prove'' it?

Go back one page from when you were boasting and baiting in 2 consecutive posts,I gave my views from how i see it,though i`m not consumed with the thread or topic at all it was pointless and could only turn messy to begin with.

everything that this thread was created for, everything that is was meant to show how people supposedly treat christians.

I`m sure its shown a lot of different things,i did`nt create it and would`nt have.

is now being shown by gps777. it's not the atheists here who have venom dripping with hatred...it's gps777. what an ironic turn of events. when it was supposed to be atheists doing the bashing, hatefilled posts...but it's gps777.

To you and more than likely many others,can you show me where i`ve done this to someone else on the thread?
Like i said take the things you`ve said outside and say the same to Christians faces constantly everyday like you have done on ATS,go inside a Church and tell them to their faces,they will try and talk to you,try and explain why they believe no different to what i witnessed Christians do to you here,but there comes a point when it has to stop and you would be one way or another,if you dont i cant see you as anything but a coward hiding behind your little key board being arguementive for the sake of agueing.
The difference being in the real world if i personally witnessed to you being you brought the subject up or i did and you were offended hostile etc i`d simply leave you to it.But if you did`nt stop eventually you would be stopped.You could call it lack of patience on my behalf,but if someone was to repeatedly hit someone or insult people out of pure hatred and harrassment then turn the other cheek is very hard to do.Try it yourself sometime and you`d be more understanding.Oh i keep forgetting you know what it is or like to be Christian.

do you hear me complaining there's an anti-atheist conspiracy??

In the same light you consider Christians are complaining without a doubt.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
gps...can you not read? take a look at the post above yours, get back on topic. you're not getting anywhere with your personal problem with me.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   

gps...can you not read? take a look at the post above yours, get back on topic. you're not getting anywhere with your personal problem with me.

Likewise your not getting anywhere with your personal problems with God/Christ or Christians,and further like i said your in a very dangerous position because of it.Which is more important than the thread topic is why i pointed it out to begin with you did`nt have to respond because it was`nt directed squarely at you.So is this another example of your unbalanced views towards the topic?

top topics

<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join