It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Christian conspiracy

page: 141
<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
Jesus told his disciples he would return within their lifetime.

''Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.'' Matthew 24:34

However, Christians often become very creative by changing the word generation to race, even though they mean two completly different things. This is called 'Creative Christianity'.

On the other hand, if the word is supposed to mean 'race' and the translation from the original text should mean race, then why not put race in the modern translations. Why write generation, if you don't mean generation?

[edit on 24-7-2007 by shaunybaby]

This is a hotly debated topic (regardless of belief) with which word to use when the New International Version project ensured in it's 8 year work to get those word placements right. I've heard it translated "age" not race or generation. Just said a few other things that still have us scratching our heads. I could list some if you like. I don't think we're going to get a solid answer for another 70 years (give or take with medical science, genetics, and so forth). At that time, you and I will both have our answer

[edit on 25-7-2007 by saint4God]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
posting to the main topic. I think the problem would lie in cuz where the most to work for the lord. Christainity is the biggest last time I check of religions. Another problem I think is the way Christain religion is going. I think Christain religion forcus on what they want people to believe other than what the bible says. Then they scare people to follow them saying if they dont believe in what they believe your going to hell.

The other problem is we're not unighted enough. Christian relgion is too sepreate.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Hello,
fairly new to ATS. mind if I step in? I've been skimming thru this forum for the last couple of hours. how interesting! Both sides seem as if they've done quite a bit of homework and then there are those that seem to just fly by the seat of their pants. Which leads me to a question. Have all you folks really been approached by monster Christians hitting you with a 400 lb. Bible and threatening you with hell-fire, or did you hear some other people saying that, and it sounded like a good defense. The reason I ask, is that my excuse for not going to church was, 'that all Christians were hypochrites.' I heard someone say that, and it sounded good and they sounded convinced that they were telling the truth. So, I stuck with that one a long time. Just like when filling out paperwork, it would ask for religious affiliation. Without thinking, I put Baptist, 'cos my daddy said I was. I had to get to a place in life where I examined things for myself. Guess what! I am not a Baptist! Nothing against Baptists. Please don't be offended.
Also, another thing I wanted to cover. I saw earlier where someone was defending Satan and said that all he did wrong was question God. If this has already been covered, forgive me, but i did have to skim around a bit. But Satan did a bit more than question God. He puffed himself up, and took a third of the angels and waged war on God and tried to overthrow Him and set his throne above God's throne. How many of us wouldn't defend our camp and those in it?

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by janasstar
Hello,
fairly new to ATS. mind if I step in? I've been skimming thru this forum for the last couple of hours. how interesting! Both sides seem as if they've done quite a bit of homework and then there are those that seem to just fly by the seat of their pants. Which leads me to a question. Have all you folks really been approached by monster Christians hitting you with a 400 lb. Bible and threatening you with hell-fire, or did you hear some other people saying that, and it sounded like a good defense. The reason I ask, is that my excuse for not going to church was, 'that all Christians were hypochrites.' I heard someone say that, and it sounded good and they sounded convinced that they were telling the truth. So, I stuck with that one a long time. Just like when filling out paperwork, it would ask for religious affiliation. Without thinking, I put Baptist, 'cos my daddy said I was. I had to get to a place in life where I examined things for myself. Guess what! I am not a Baptist! Nothing against Baptists. Please don't be offended.
Also, another thing I wanted to cover. I saw earlier where someone was defending Satan and said that all he did wrong was question God. If this has already been covered, forgive me, but i did have to skim around a bit. But Satan did a bit more than question God. He puffed himself up, and took a third of the angels and waged war on God and tried to overthrow Him and set his throne above God's throne. How many of us wouldn't defend our camp and those in it?

Could you send me the CNN link describing when Satan did this? I can't seem to remember any evidence documenting this.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I'm not savvy enough here yet about links and such yet, but if you'll be patient, I will find the scriptural reference. Would that be alright?

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I'm not savvy enough here yet about links and such yet, but if you'll be patient, I will find the scriptural reference. Would that be alright?

Oh a scripture reference. The way you said it, it came across as if it actually happened, not that you believed it happened because of scripture.

In the future, please preface your assertions with either data to support them as fact or merely a "I believe because" disclaimer. It really does make a difference in the amount of credibility a post is given.

For example, if you had prefaced it with your belief in scriptures and that you believe this is what Satan did, then I probably wouldn't have even asked the question. But when I saw you had made an assertion of fact, I was dubious as to it's nature. But now I understand.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
as i recall that was the same basis the atheist was giving his argument on. was that according to bible scriptue; all satan did was question God. Thought you were going to rattle me, didn't you?

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   

as i recall that was the same basis the atheist was giving his argument on. was that according to bible scriptue; all satan did was question God. Thought you were going to rattle me, didn't you?

Nope just trying to get people to be honest about what they know.

I believe all sorts of things about the bible, but I'm smart enough to realize that I don't know anything about it other than what I've read or been told,and that is more than likely false. So when I say something which is supported by scripture it's better to say..

"Scripture tells us that...."

That way you don't sound like a crackpot, just an ordinary joe who believes in scripture.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Okay, I admit it! You've wrung it out of me! I'm a crackpot for Jesus! I hope there's no cure. I love having joy unspeakable.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Thank you! I feel better having got that off my chest. You really have to be so careful what you say or someone will think you're threatening them with hell-fire or shoving your beliefs down their throat.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
Why are so many people soo anti christian?

Matt 5:11-12

11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. KJV

And "be of good cheer," Jesus says, "I have overcome the World".

[edit on 8/11/2007 by Jesus-Is-Real]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Okay, I admit it! You've wrung it out of me! I'm a crackpot for Jesus! I hope there's no cure. I love having joy unspeakable.

And don't forget,........joy unspeakable "and full of Glory".

2 Cor 3:18 18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. KJV

1 Cor 15:49
49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. KJV

The Heavens declare the Glory of God,
Connie

[edit on 8/11/2007 by Jesus-Is-Real]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Satan,... He puffed himself up, and took a third of the angels and waged war on God and tried to overthrow Him and set his throne above God's throne. How many of us wouldn't defend our camp and those in it?

yes that's true, God's Word bears this all out.

God bless you friend,
Connie

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jesus-Is-Real

Satan,... He puffed himself up, and took a third of the angels and waged war on God and tried to overthrow Him and set his throne above God's throne. How many of us wouldn't defend our camp and those in it?

yes that's true, God's Word bears this all out.

God bless you friend,
Connie

Could you show me how it is that the legends in bible can be equated with truth?

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I believe that basis of my question was, are you folks really being confronted by all these hordes of Christians attacking you? That's what I'd really like to know. The only group I know that is that ambitious is the Jehovah's Witnesses. And they are not Christian. So please, when you are educating yourselves on the bible and how to destroy Christians; make sure you have really and truly done your homework. Jesus warned that many would come in 'His Name.' But they are not of Him. For there are many 'wolves in sheeps clothing.' Could this be the ones doing the atheist bashing and threatening. Gay-bashing was mentioned earlier. My pastor was very careful to state that God hates the sin of homosexuality, not the homosexual. He admonishes us to love one another to the Lord. More so by example in deed than anything else.
I was having a little fun with the member from Atlanta earlier. Can't remember his ID. He's always so serious! We have to have a little levity in this old world. Even Jesus had a sense of humor. I felt like he was trying to rattle my cage, so I had to pick on him a little. I think if we could all just keep open minds and continue discussing, we might find middle ground. there's no need for hostility or bashing of any kind.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by shaunybaby
Jesus told his disciples he would return within their lifetime.

''Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.'' Matthew 24:34

However, Christians often become very creative by changing the word generation to race, even though they mean two completly different things. This is called 'Creative Christianity'.

On the other hand, if the word is supposed to mean 'race' and the translation from the original text should mean race, then why not put race in the modern translations. Why write generation, if you don't mean generation?

[edit on 24-7-2007 by shaunybaby]

This is a hotly debated topic (regardless of belief) with which word to use when the New International Version project ensured in it's 8 year work to get those word placements right. I've heard it translated "age" not race or generation. Just said a few other things that still have us scratching our heads. I could list some if you like. I don't think we're going to get a solid answer for another 70 years (give or take with medical science, genetics, and so forth). At that time, you and I will both have our answer

[edit on 25-7-2007 by saint4God]

Yeah, Jesus is referring to that generation who will experience His Coming.

*Generation*
NT:1074
genea (ghen-eh-ah'); from (a presumed derivative of) NT:1085; a generation; by implication, an age (the period or the persons):

KJV - age, generation, nation, time.
(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright (c) 1994, Biblesoft and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

NT:1085
genos (ghen'-os); from NT:1096; "kin" (abstract or concrete, literal or figurative, individual or collective):

KJV - born, country (-man), diversity, generation, kind (-red), nation, offspring, stock.
(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright (c) 1994, Biblesoft and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

If Seven of Nine were speaking she might say that Jesus is speaking about 'a collective'; people who remain together in one place of time in the whole earth.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Thank you Connie, just read your kind words of support. God bless you also! Beth

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I have a question for Quazga. Can you prove that the Bible is only legends? I mean you just admonished me not to speak from a position of authority unless I had fact to back it up. Could you send me the CNN link that will verify that the Bible is a book of legends?

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Hello,

I remember that,
CNN
I believe that is him. He says that he is the second coming of Jesus.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I have a question for Quazga. Can you prove that the Bible is only legends? I mean you just admonished me not to speak from a position of authority unless I had fact to back it up. Could you send me the CNN link that will verify that the Bible is a book of legends?

Yep. So basically if you read Genesis, which I assume you have, and then go back and read the Sumerian Creation Myths, you will find the same stuff. The difference is that the Sumerian Creation Myths are much larger. They talk about the creation of Adam (Adapa) and how he was made in the image of the gods (this is where "make man in *our* image" came about).

But in the Sumerian myths it was a hybrid process that took several times before the god in charge got it right. The problem was that the gods started mating with the new made people ( see Nephilim) and so some of the gods decided that they would destroy the world with a flood. Well the one god that actually created Man, decided to go behind the backs of the other gods and tell a particular man about this Utu (Noah). And he also told him to build a large boat and grab everything he would need in order to live through the flood. After the flood and the other Gods realized that one had lived, they were angry with the traitor god but allowed man to live.

As you can see, lots of Genesis is actually based on legends that took place several thousand years before Genesis is supposed to have been written by Moses.

Now I'm not saying everything in the bible is a legend. I'm just saying that you can't take it all as literal fact. That doesn't diminish it's beauty and its ability to inspire, but we need to see it for what it is without fear that it might somehow destroy our faith.

I really recommend you read Karen Armstrongs "A History of God" for a much better reference than me.

frimmin.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join