It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Christian conspiracy

page: 140
<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
Evolution is NOT FACT, that is a LIE. There is NO evidence for it and only evidence against it...

Creation v. evolution seminars

This is coming from a fellow Christian. Please, please, puh-lease do not refer to Dr. Dino for your evidence against evolution. The man is a fraud. He makes up facts to suit his own theories, skews and bends evolution to make it look false, went to a diploma mill for college where he did NOT earn the title of Doctor, and is currently in prison for tax fraud. He carries absolutely NO weight in the scientific community, and no serious scientist debates the man because his "facts" about evolution are completely off.

As for the "no evidence for evolution" comment.... are you kidding? Sedimentary rock samples, fossils, radio-carbon dating, etc are not considered evidence?

If God created man through evolution, who are we to say He did not? Look at the facts and not the propaganda.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by beneatiah
Before anything, God was and is and will always be. There's no need to deny his existence now. The signs for the rapture are fundamentally evident and are everywhere. The tribulation is next. The anti-christ will not rule in America. He will be revealed after the rapture.

So what if this rapture doesn't happen? Because it's had almost 2000 years to happen, why now all of a sudden will it happen? What are these signs? Terrorism, War? These are nothing new.

However, those that are lost now and aren't willing to surrender their lives to Jesus Christ now, they will feel the affects of the tribulation and still defy God. It will happen, it is going to happen and right now, we're at the open door for the rapture. Then Christs second coming. What a day? Can't wait for that day!

The saddest thing is that people are waiting. Do you know how many generations have passed that have waited in your same position? It's been almost 2000 years. If it's another 2000 years, do you think people will still sit there saying that the rapture is happening soon, there are signs, and Jesus' 2nd coming is imminent?

God gives us the choice to accept or to reject his plan! Those who accept his plan are his, to live and be with him eternally. Those who choose to reject his plan can not live and be with him eternally.

I reject God not only because I don't think he exists, but generally I don't like his methods. His judging, making people pray to him and bow down etc. I reject him on principles, on the principle that I will not belittle myself to a unproven deity.

Originally posted by TheB1ueSoldier
You haven't answered my question. If you were God, what would you change about your system of judgment? Don't just criticize the current system, I want to know how you would do things differently.

I wouldn't judge, that's what I would do differently. I wouldn't create for the sole purpose to then judge what is good enough and what isn't good enough to then live with me for all eternity.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by shaunybaby]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
There are no signs of the rapture (the catching away). I made a mistake by using the word "signs" in my reply to you, concerning the rapture. I should have said everything is where it needs to be, it's in place or is in fruition. But, your timing is in correct (2000 years). More than 2,000 years ago, Jesus walked the earth. The thought that Christ would come back immediately or in a day or two after he ascended from the Mt. of Olives would have defeated the commission given to his disciples and us.
Back to the rapture: the day and hour no man knows. It happens before tribulation (Rev 4:1). The focus is keeping our eyes on Jesus Christ, he is our hope of Glory. Prophecy must be fulfilled first before the rapture & then the second coming.
Terrorism and war might be nothing new however the argument and battle are different. Remember, I am conversed in biblical material, truths, and facts. But wars and rumors of war are only 2 signs of Christs second coming. The rapture and Christs second coming are two totally different things which should have been made clear.
There is still time to accept God's plan of salvation. I don't understand how you could say you don't want any part of God, that you don't like his principles simply because he judges you. But remember he's judging you on the decision that you make towards him. We will never be "good" enough in our own selves. This is the whole reason why God sent his son so that through him, we would be made good enough. God only sees his Sons blood, the blood that covers us. You have said that God was a figment of the imagination, then how do you know all his principles, how do you know who he really is, what type of person he really is? Have you not judged unfairly in this matter? Where are your principles?
If you would like any information concerning the time and length of the tribulation, the divisions of the tribulation, the purpose of the tribulation, the character of the tribulation, if it will be world-wide, the catching away; it's purpose, its qualifications, Christ's second return (not the rapture), and information concerning the anti-christ, and the vials and trumps concerning revelation, please feel free to ask.
I will be away for 4 days so this should give you some time to think of any questions.

God Bless
beneatiah

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
I wouldn't judge, that's what I would do differently. I wouldn't create for the sole purpose to then judge what is good enough and what isn't good enough to then live with me for all eternity.

Yes, I know what youy wouldn't do. My question is what would you do. If you are correct, and God was created by men from 3000 years ago, then surely you can devise a system better than theirs.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

My question is what would you do. If you are correct, and God was created by men from 3000 years ago, then surely you can devise a system better than theirs.

Let life get on with itself without interfering.

Remember, I am conversed in biblical material, truths, and facts.

I think you mean 'myths' and 'faith'.

There is still time to accept God's plan of salvation.

No thanks.

We will never be "good" enough in our own selves.

Pretty much proving my point when I said about humans not feeling good enough, belittling themselves, and turning to religion because their lives are empty. This won't be 100% true for everyone, psychology never is, but for the majority it will fit.

You have said that God was a figment of the imagination, then how do you know all his principles, how do you know who he really is, what type of person he really is? Have you not judged unfairly in this matter? Where are your principles?

God is a figment of the imagination, it's the typical human response built in to believe that this isn't all there is to life. People have imagined that there are laws to guide them to this God and have written them down, that's how I know God's principles. I honestly don't care 'who he really is', and God is not a person. I've judged a non-specific unproven deity, nothing unfair whatsoever.

Jesus' disciples died waiting for him, many generations have also died waiting for him, and even you will die waiting for him. It's been 2000 years, there's no rapture, there's no second coming, not even close, it ain't happening, deal with it.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I still assert, Shauny, that God is lacking in judgment and scorn. Where other Christians would claim with their last breath that God turns away sinners, they are forgetting the omnific qualities that their God entails.

Consider; IF God is Prescient AND Can see all things...

THEN God is able to foresee events, actions, decisions, and motives.

IF God creates all things, imparts all souls, all spirits, and all essence...

THEN God creates evil knowingly... or evil as defined by humanity.

Why is this true?

Well, IF God can see the outcome of creating a being AND God knowingly creates a being which will kill thousands of Jews... then GOD WILLED that they should die, for it was foreseen by God and God created the entity that did so.

Now, some may argue FREE WILL imparted by God means that God is not responsible for the choices that were made... but God is the ALLMAKER, his Will is CREATION ITSELF.

And what comes to pass in that creation is ultimately by his choice.

Let us assume for a moment that Homosexuality is not biological, but is a choice. That choice was engineered by GOD, with FULL knowledge of his creation and what choice that creation would make. There is no coercion necessary.

And likewise, IF this is true, THEN God knowingly created souls that would be damned. For God is All Knowing.

Ahem.

On the other hand, I perceive the CREATOR to be an all loving entity with limitless compassion and no strings attached. As such, there are no LAWS to obey, you are part of creation, and as part of your CREATOR you are beloved of it. There is naught you can accomplish, do, commit to, or choose that would seperate you from your Creator.

That being said, you have absolute free will... meaning you are responsible for your actions, and WHATEVER THAT MAY MEAN TO YOU PERSONALLY.

In a theistic sense, from my viewpoint, it is feasibly possible to actually SELL ones soul and be considered outside of creation, but I'd imagine this is incredibly hard to do.

Especially lacking demons... who are tangentially part of creation, but more a symptom of the initial void which Creation was formed from.

So, to sum up....

regular Christians; Break Gods Law, go to hell... but you are LOVED while you suffer.

my Version; Your Creator Loves you. Period. End of story, do not pass go, do not collect Gnosis.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   

So what if this rapture doesn't happen? Because it's had almost 2000 years to happen, why now all of a sudden will it happen?

But you are missing a very important thing.

2 Peter 3:[8] But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
[9] The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
[10] But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Say your spouse had to go out of town and would be gone for 2 days, Would that be a long time? no

In God's eyes Jesus has only been gone 2 days. Not a long time in light of eternity.

Also Israel became a nation again in 1948, and recaptured Jerusalem in 1967. One of these events and dates signals the final generation to see Christ return, literally.

How long is a generation? The Bible says it 40 to 100 years.

Add 40 to 1948 and you get 1988, add 100 to 1967 and you get 2067.
Jesus is going to return sometime between 1988 and 2067.

Also a sign that is missed is this.

Matthew24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

The earthquakes is what I want to focus on. Everybody always assumes this means literal earthquakes(shaking the ground) and it probably does.
But earthquakes can also mean "a disturbance of the air", what is it that disturbs the air?............Atomic/nuclear weapons.......this has only been possible since 1945, a sign God has given us.

[edit on 18-7-2007 by dbrandt]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheColdDragon

THEN God creates evil knowingly... or evil as defined by humanity.

regular Christians; Break Gods Law, go to hell... but you are LOVED while you suffer.

God has allowed for evil to exist, satan instituted it.

Could you tell me the other kinds of christians there are. Small and large?

There is only one kind of christian, a real one.
There are some who say they are christian but aren't. they are imposters, either knowingly or unknowingly?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
God Created Satan, and likely knew what Satan would do. The ALLMAKER is responsible for evil, the actions of its creations, and evil as a whole. No christian can reconcile the Retributive God who turns his back on sinners with the fact that SIN is a symptom of creation... SIN would not exist were the universe designed to disallow it.

If you make a set of rules that you know some of your creations will NOT follow, and you know that they will refuse to follow it BEFORE creating them... but you create them ANYWAYS, are you not then only creating entities so that they can be punished? That is NOT immaculate love.

That is conditional love, and the condition is to love God in return or to follow God's law. No matter which way you cut it, slice it, view it, put it.... If heaven is denied to those who do not OBEY the will of God, then God has knowingly and unjustly punished a soul whose choices he was aware of before the entity even existed.

Either God is All Loving, God is Unjust, or God is Imperfect.

I choose the first; Love unsullied, Love given freely, Love NEVER withdrawn, and Love ALWAYS and forever, no matter what choices are made in Creation.

Yes, it is my choice that I choose to believe in this All Loving Creator. If I am wrong, then I will wholly and gladly suffer eternity if only to be away from such a terrible maker as that.

All may pass into the kingdom of heaven. Let Man's laws remain with Man.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
In God's eyes Jesus has only been gone 2 days. Not a long time in light of eternity.

Nice.

''It's been 2000 years, and Jesus still hasn't come back, and the rapture hasn't happened''..

Answer: ''That's because it's only been like 2 days for God''.

So what if he doesn't? What then? You just make up another excuse right..

Also a sign that is missed is this.

The earthquakes is what I want to focus on. Everybody always assumes this means literal earthquakes(shaking the ground) and it probably does.
But earthquakes can also mean "a disturbance of the air", what is it that disturbs the air?............Atomic/nuclear weapons.......this has only been possible since 1945, a sign God has given us.

What has this got to do with anything? Krakatau, 1883.. disturbed the air more than any nuclear bomb, so that sign was over 100 years ago, which is one generation, so where's Jesus?

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I'm interested in these answers as well.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

What has this got to do with anything? Krakatau, 1883.. disturbed the air more than any nuclear bomb, so that sign was over 100 years ago, which is one generation, so where's Jesus?

Earthquakes in divers(which means several) places. More than just one place. Several countries have nuclear weapons and several are trying to get them plus terrorist groups.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Actually,

I think it's a lot simpler than that.

It's akin to . . . why do folks

CURSE USING JESUS CHRIST but

NOT

using

Oh Mohammed

or

OH Buddha

or

OH Krishna

In any country around the world . . . whatever the culture . . . why is Jesus used to curse and not other major religious figures?

Counterfeits are no big deal.

Folks don't need to rebel against the counterfeits.

Folks don't need to feel limited, restrained, constrained by folks and entities who have no ultimate power over them.

It's the notion that God Almighty, His Son, Spirit

are even THOUGHT to have ultimate authority . . .

worse, might REALLY ACTUALLY HAVE IT WITH THE POWER TO BACK IT UP!!!

THAT'S OUTRAGEOUS

to folks who are hell-bound determined to do whatever feels good to whomever whenever however they wish--to blazes with details and woe to anyone who questions their selfish hedonism.

Of course some Christians are enough in your face to irritate folks royally. But that's not the root deep bone marrow outrage, in my opinion.

The deep rooted reason is outrage that anyone or any power would DARE to put limits on their behavior.

Worse, to punish them for some of their favorite recreations.

And the outrage that an Almighty God would think HE KNOWS WHAT'S BEST FOR that given individual.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Actually,

I think it's a lot simpler than that.

It's akin to . . . why do folks

CURSE USING JESUS CHRIST but

NOT

using

Oh Mohammed

or

OH Buddha

or

OH Krishna

In any country around the world . . . whatever the culture . . . why is Jesus used to curse and not other major religious figures?

Counterfeits are no big deal.

Folks don't need to rebel against the counterfeits.

Folks don't need to feel limited, restrained, constrained by folks and entities who have no ultimate power over them.

It's the notion that God Almighty, His Son, Spirit

are even THOUGHT to have ultimate authority . . .

worse, might REALLY ACTUALLY HAVE IT WITH THE POWER TO BACK IT UP!!!

THAT'S OUTRAGEOUS

to folks who are hell-bound determined to do whatever feels good to whomever whenever however they wish--to blazes with details and woe to anyone who questions their selfish hedonism.

Of course some Christians are enough in your face to irritate folks royally. But that's not the root deep bone marrow outrage, in my opinion.

The deep rooted reason is outrage that anyone or any power would DARE to put limits on their behavior.

Worse, to punish them for some of their favorite recreations.

And the outrage that an Almighty God would think HE KNOWS WHAT'S BEST FOR that given individual.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I don't think that because Jesus Christ is used in frustration, really adds proof that Christianity is the true religion. There's plenty of different forms it comes in:

Jesus H Christ
Jesus Christ on a bicycle
Jeepers Creepers and Jiminy Cricket are alternatives, same as geez or gee whiz.

Let's actually get one thing straight, his name wasn't Jesus and his second name wasn't Christ. It was something like Yeshua and he wouldn't have a second name, it would just be 'son of Joseph'.

If you shouted 'yeshua son of joseph' it wouldn't have the same effect, because it doesn't have the same connotations associated with it. The connotations associated with someone shouting jesus christ, because they missed a easy shot in basketball, isn't really a swear word, it's another saying for 'i don't believe it'. That's where jesus christ on a bicycle comes from aswell, which is another saying for 'i don't believe it, or that's unbelievable'.

[edit on 20-7-2007 by shaunybaby]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Yes, I know what youy wouldn't do. My question is what would you do. If you are correct, and God was created by men from 3000 years ago, then surely you can devise a system better than theirs.

may i take a crack at it?

my commandments

no rape
play nicely
treat everyone with some level of respect, don't discriminate based solely on appearance, gender, place of origin, or race
respect boundries
and do no harm

(i know the first 1 is covered by the last 2, but i just wanted to add it)

that would be the majority of my religious text, the only other thing i would add is: "many paths lead to the same end, find yours using these guides"

i just beat god's commandments by listing 5 things off the top of my head. and the first one already beats yahweh because rape isn't in the 10 commandments but theft is...

anyway, with those 6 commandments you can derive a moral system superior to the one outlined by god

what else would i do differently...
no AIDS or any other STDs... hell, let's get rid of all harmful disease

a planet that can sustain an infinite amount of life

my religious book would actually be less wasteful, as it wouldn't need to be printed on anything bigger than a napkin.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
To dbrandt

Also Israel became a nation again in 1948, and recaptured Jerusalem in 1967. One of these events and dates signals the final generation to see Christ return, literally.

How long is a generation? The Bible says it 40 to 100 years.

Add 40 to 1948 and you get 1988, add 100 to 1967 and you get 2067.

Excellent post. Thanks tons.

I kind of figure AROUND 2075 at the outside. 2050 would be about 100 years. 2075 would be plus 25 . . . some soul may be alive 125 years or so by then. I figure as long as there's one cohort alive of the group was alive when Israel became a nation again . . . then that interpretation of that Prophecy is alive and well.

But given the rush toward the globalist government, I don't think things can endure until then. Seems to me 5-15 more years is likely to see at least the beginning of the GREAT TRIBULATION period.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Jesus told his disciples he would return within their lifetime.

''Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.'' Matthew 24:34

However, Christians often become very creative by changing the word generation to race, even though they mean two completly different things. This is called 'Creative Christianity'.

On the other hand, if the word is supposed to mean 'race' and the translation from the original text should mean race, then why not put race in the modern translations. Why write generation, if you don't mean generation?

[edit on 24-7-2007 by shaunybaby]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I don't think that because Jesus Christ is used in frustration, really adds proof that Christianity is the true religion. There's plenty of different forms it comes in:

Jesus H Christ
Jesus Christ on a bicycle
Jeepers Creepers and Jiminy Cricket are alternatives, same as geez or gee whiz.

Let's actually get one thing straight, his name wasn't Jesus and his second name wasn't Christ. It was something like Yeshua and he wouldn't have a second name, it would just be 'son of Joseph'.

If you shouted 'yeshua son of joseph' it wouldn't have the same effect, because it doesn't have the same connotations associated with it. The connotations associated with someone shouting jesus christ, because they missed a easy shot in basketball, isn't really a swear word, it's another saying for 'i don't believe it'. That's where jesus christ on a bicycle comes from aswell, which is another saying for 'i don't believe it, or that's unbelievable'.

This is a good point. I think it's a mix of both though, in the incidents here by saying "That's unbelieveable!". But also is used as well for curse/swearing. For example, "God d*mn it!" and "Jesus F'n Christ!". The word "Profanity" comes from "profaning" which is being done to the names here. So how does the listener know the difference between "I don't believe it!" versus "I smear the name!"? I don't think a listener CAN tell the difference. The speaker on the otherhand should. And, God knows what's in our hearts despite what we say. For example:

"But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment." - Matthew 5:22

You don't even have to DO anything, just being angry is enough.

"He said to them, "You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of men, but God knows your hearts. What is highly valued among men is detestable in God's sight." - Luke 16:15

Why should believers not say "Jesus H Christ! Jesus Christ on a bicycle, etc." well, his name is important and should be loved/respected, not be misused. Here's some reasons why:

"But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name." - John 20:31

"Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." - Acts 2:38

Miracles are done in his name, not curses:

"Then Peter said, "Silver or gold I do not have, but what I have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk." - Acts 3:6

"By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus' name and the faith that comes through him that has given this complete healing to him, as you can all see." - Acts 3:16

"then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed." - Acts 4:10

"When you are assembled in the name of our Lord Jesus and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present," - 1 Corinthians 5:4

"And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us." - 1 John 3:23

...the list goes on and on.

If you're a non-believer, does it matter?

[edit on 25-7-2007 by saint4God]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
i just beat god's commandments by listing 5 things off the top of my head.

Wow
you just outsmarted God! Who would thunk?! And here I never realized you created the universe, shameful me.
When you're done blushing and curtsying in front of the mirror, let's talk.

[edit on 25-7-2007 by saint4God]

new topics

top topics

<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join