It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Christian conspiracy

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Balaams donkey
Very well said llpoolej. By the way I like your avatar, don't ask me why....ahem...

ROTFL!
Man o man, that made my morning.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
As I read an article in yesterday's paper written by Cal Thomas speaking on this subject I shuddered at what I had read just as I shudder at much of what I read in this thread.

I am Christian. I am being attacked by other Christians for following the words of Christ. I pray in solitude, I love ALL, I have no prejudice against any.

However, Christians such as myself that keep silent are being villified as having no faith or-what is that word they keep using. Heck, I forget it now but it's translation is "free thinking".

We have sat in silence and let an element of our "faith" take control of the airwaves, the talk shows, etc. pushing their agenda which is NOT Christian. It is beginning to be the time where despite the teachings of Jesus it will be time to fight back. What will we use against the ones who push such agendas of FEAR. The exact book they claim to know so well-the BIBLE.

Jesus is very explicit in his teachings of how man's relationship with the father should be. Many now ignore pushing agendas which are preached and wrongly interpreted by man.

Yesterday the ones who call themself "Christians" had their little telethon with the dubious Senator Frist from my state "headlining" the event. Oh, they have much to answer for in the eyes of the Lord. "The shall get their reward."

Many sit by and watch this segment of "Christianity" take over and lead the argument. However, "The meek shall inherit the earth."

Yes, there is an anti-Christian agenda. It is against Christians such as myself that do follow the teachings of Christ and do not preach intolerance, and FEAR. That is what this segment of Christianity is pushing in the name of the Lord. They are so mistaken, and when judgement arrives...

Beware of the hypocrites and street corner preachers for they do not do as the Lord says.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
woulda been nice if she had linked a thread or quoted a post so we could help out. I do think it might touch on that "wide brush" that is used to paint the label on christianity.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater
Yes, there is an anti-Christian agenda. It is against Christians such as myself that do follow the teachings of Christ and do not preach intolerance, and FEAR. That is what this segment of Christianity is pushing in the name of the Lord. They are so mistaken, and when judgement arrives...

Beware of the hypocrites and street corner preachers for they do not do as the Lord says.

Brilliantly put.

I was raised christian [became atheist-buddhist] but while I was one I took Jesus' words very seriously and felt I understood them- and I have still retained alot of the philosophy. The 'righteous' christians.. people that condemn all 'non believers' [didn't know all non-christians were atheists] to a lake of fire seem more interested in abusing the power of condemnation the bible 'grants' rather than spreading the message of love they are suppose to obide by. It is a shame that that message gets lots in the 'us and them' mentality.

[edit on 25-4-2005 by riley]

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Beware of the hypocrites

*nods*

and street corner preachers for they do not do as the Lord says.

Whoa hey, easy tiger. What's wrong with street corner preachers? We all have different assignments, how do you know they're not doing God's work?

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
You have voted curiousity for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

WoW! Very nice curiousity....clipty clop, clipity clop, clipity clop, the sound of two hooves clapping. You have a lot of horse sense.

I have desided that after your post it is not nessary to comment further, to the posters of hate (POH). I will wait too see if anyone can possibly refute your perfect logic. Oh sure the (POH) will try and mix logic and hate together, as if they are seemless. But, still I want to see if anybody can even make the attempt. Good job!

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Jesus specifically stated about the prayer. I interpret his point as being that no one needs to show their faith in the father to others. That it is a private thing between the individual and the father. That is why he says to pray in "the closet" or solitude.

God the father, and Jesus Christ know one from the other. Yes, some of us, myself included, do do a little street corner pontificating. However, this is not specifically correct. Thus Jesus's words on the subject.

His intent was to make sure the individual realized that he did NOT have to speak to others about his belief in God. That is a personal thing, and should be that way.

Yes, fellowship was spoken of. However, that is just when like minded individuals get together for fun. Not to "worship". The worship of father, son, and holy ghost comes from within the heart, and whether the individual has accepted Christ as saviour for our sins.

We all sin each day. Those who say they don't aren't being honest with themselves or the lord.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
woulda been nice if she had linked a thread or quoted a post so we could help out. I do think it might touch on that "wide brush" that is used to paint the label on christianity.

Is anyone else having trouble following the last few posts? Is something missing? A post? who is "she" Jake1997, and to what post are you referring?

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balaams donkey
You have voted curiousity for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

WoW! Very nice curiousity....clipty clop, clipity clop, clipity clop, the sound of two hooves clapping. You have a lot of horse sense.

Ha, ha, you are funny, B D. But seriously, thanks for the kudos (takes a bow blushing furiously) and what is this about the vote thing?

Originally posted by Balaams donkeyI have desided that after your post it is not nessary to comment further, to the posters of hate (POH).

Ah, don't do that B D...we've almost got 'em pinned to the mat!

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Jesus specifically stated about the prayer. I interpret his point as being that no one needs to show their faith in the father to others. That it is a private thing between the individual and the father. That is why he says to pray in "the closet" or solitude.

God the father, and Jesus Christ know one from the other. Yes, some of us, myself included, do do a little street corner pontificating. However, this is not specifically correct. Thus Jesus's words on the subject.

His intent was to make sure the individual realized that he did NOT have to speak to others about his belief in God. That is a personal thing, and should be that way.

Yes, fellowship was spoken of. However, that is just when like minded individuals get together for fun. Not to "worship". The worship of father, son, and holy ghost comes from within the heart, and whether the individual has accepted Christ as saviour for our sins.

We all sin each day. Those who say they don't aren't being honest with themselves or the lord.

I see what you're saying about prayer, but was not Jesus as "street corner preacher"?

[edit on 25-4-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
saint4god,
Thanks for that question. It brings us full circle, back to those conspiring against christ.
One of their main things now days is to shut the mouth of the christian.
They want you to keep christ inside the 4 walls of the church. They dont want any part of it outside the church.
This of course goes against every fiber of CHrist who gave us the great commission to preach to all nations/people.

There is of course a reason for all of this, but it is for another forum.
The New World Order

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
We have a free for all I see. Very good then, ring side seats are indeed a good investment.

Let me start by saying that it gives me quite a chuckle when others run to a dictionary for a definition in a debate. Nothing speaks more to their own ineffective intelligence to rebut.

donkey-What I do not understand, Somewhere, is why someone over your obvious education, reduces yourself to dog fighting tactics.
Let me put it this way for you burro; I can and do overlook insipid rhetoric in most areas, where I just roll my eyes, giggle and move along, but when it comes to God who happens to be near and dear to my heart, it becomes absolutely necessary to correct the fatuous and incorrect positions proffered by the insipid. Not because I give one iota of thought to yours or your like-minded ever understanding what I am saying donkey, but because for 1700 years those insipid and fatuous thoughts have been allowed to spread like a disease, and so it is to those who are of reasonable intellect who would read that insipid and fatuous diatribe I direct my thoughts. See, donkey? That is the difference between my intellect and those who reach for a third class dictionary, (it is the OED, Cambridge or it is nothing) or those who purport to represent the kind loving, gentle Jesus follower and then allow their true selves to surface as with:

curiosity- How's that for a new twist? Do you looove me now? with just a tad bit of disdain for my lack of "sense of self", poor little me?

I'd thought to hand you a towel for the foam at the corners of your mouth, but I'm afraid you'd bite the hand that wipes you.

You Christianity bashers have no boundaries, apparently, no guidelines, and no control, mind or otherwise. Certainly no honor or self-respect, you and your wonderful upstanding leaders who would never dream of attempting any "mind-control" over your independent selves, but then why should they when your minds are already completely controlled by hate?

There I said it. Ball's in your court.
I’m supposed to be flattered I take it that you feel you have what it takes to drop balls into my court, or perhaps that I am unable to return them. Watch closely! When I want someone to hand me a towel, it is because I expect them to serve me. If they do a good job, I tip them well, if not, I tip them modestly, but biting I leave to rabid street dogs.

Now, then, curiosity, since you open this salvo, let me be clear to you as well. If your ego and your faith is so fragile that all you have relative to retort is to call me a Christian basher, then be my guest, after all, you alone must find peace to sleep at night, and whatever fantasies you wish to conjure up to lull you into a dream state is entirely up to you. Demons never visit me, do they visit you?

As for your rant, I take it that you speak from your Christian heart. How is it possible to so readily upset those who supposedly believe in turning the other cheek? Maybe it is time you understood the words from that idolatrous screed you don't realize you call God, rather than just allow them to come into your vision, for surely you do fathom what your warlord is supposed to have told you in Matthew 5,29?

Jake- Bow to God, Get eternal life, before you die and get the second death.
Your miserable now, just wait until that day.
Your God? Not going to happen ever. My God Jake, would prefer you bow to him rather than a zealot and the pagan Gods of Egypt and Rome you actually worship. Thank you though for your warning, it means as much to me as having a root canal performed on a good tooth.

Listen, Jesus is waiting right now for you to ask for help. Dont hate him because of the lack of caring in your childhood. Just pray the prayer.
Your handlers neglect to tell you that Jesus waits only for redemption of himself, if by some miniscule chance your fanatical religious belief in hell is correct, it is there he waits as it is there where all thieves and murderers go, especially those who kill their own in the name of religion.

Oh and Jake, my friend, you too may call me the puppeteer.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   

They want you to keep christ inside the 4 walls of the church. They dont want any part of it outside the church.
This of course goes against every fiber of CHrist who gave us the great commission to preach to all nations/people.

I'm starting to understand now.. you are saying that you have the right [because the bible says so] to preach/condemn people for having other faiths and beliefs.. and when they reject yours and stay loyal to their own you call it part the anti christian conspiracy? Convenient.
The jews were definently victims of an anti jewish conspiracy at the hands of hitler.. I have seen no real evidence on this thread to suggest christians are recieving ANY persecution. All I am seeing is some christians [not all] crying victim because others refuse to follow their orders and convert.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   
its because there is such a big amount of satin / nwo supporters join ats now a days

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Well, Well, Somewhere I am impressed again by your incredible abilities of self-flattery. I am beginning to see exactly who the god you worship is. You have never before, exposed so much information about this god, as your last post. For the great love and devotion you show, could not be to anyone else but to yourself.

Demons never visit me, do they visit you?

Oh yes somewhere, demons do visit me often, even now as I type. Please remember a very simple understanding of warfare... the enemy never attacks its friends. But the fiercest attacks are on those whom they hate.

See, donkey? That is the difference between my intellect and those who reach for a third class dictionary, (it is the OED, Cambridge or it is nothing)

O.k. great Somewhere, at this point I do not care, but please use one of them, rather than making up your own meanings for words. But, you are really showing your scholarly stupidity, by that statement, ain't you? Cause, let me tell you something buster. Ol'e St. John the Evangelist, did have one of them fancy books, now did he? Nope. That is why you got to look at strongs, or the text its self. Ya see mister, i think I am smarter than everybody, John says, that Satan is against Christ, he also says anti-Christ, meaning not Satan, but those looking like Christ, but they ain't the real thang. I heard them smart folks call someone like that a spy. That is what I think you is too, a confounded spy, meaning you are anti-scholar, you talk smart, but you ain't.

Watch closely! When I want someone to hand me a towel, it is because I expect them to serve me.

I do in fact detest all forms of organized Christian, Judaic or Muslem religion as they have been to this very day and especially so with Christianity in any form.

That is the difference between my intellect and those who reach for a third class dictionary

I, even I am the Lord, and beside me there is no saviour...Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminsh ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I have commanded you

In somewheres mind, somewhere = god.

Matthew 23:11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

Genesis 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   
somewhere, you should read my sig.

You seem to have Christ confused with the Roman Catholic Church.

I am honestly amazed that you recognize them for who they are.

You are 100% correct about the Roman church!

If I had any of the 'way above' left, I would give it to you on that. You should take a look at my Rome Babylon thread on BTS

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
I have seen no real evidence on this thread to suggest christians are recieving ANY persecution.

Try walking in my shoes.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   

saint4god,
Thanks for that question. It brings us full circle, back to those conspiring against christ.
One of their main things now days is to shut the mouth of the christian.

There is of course a reason for all of this, but it is for another forum.
The New World Order

His question has little to do with those "conspiring against Christ". My friend why do you live in fear? Worried about a "New World Order", etc. I am slightly offended by your suggestion, however I do question your train of thought and what man has taught you. However, you do help prove my point that many members of the Christian belief are villified for not interpreting the same way as others. Thank you for backing up what I say.

SAINT4GOD

Yes, Jesus was the biggest "street preacher" of all. However, I put no man in his class.

[edit on 26-4-2005 by madmanacrosswater]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

I have seen no real evidence on this thread to suggest christians are recieving ANY persecution.

Try walking in my shoes.

'I have seen no real evidence on this thread'. How are they persecuted any more than those of other faiths?
Could you elaborate on what it's like walking in christians shoes [well sandles
]?
I've been persecuted against for being an atheist [amongst other things].. whats the difference? I don't assume it's a major conspiracy against me 'and my kind'.. I could start a thread called 'the anti non-christian conspiracy' but that would be just as ridiculous as this one. I also think it's kind of a cop out when there are some 'christians' who beat other people with the 'good book' and then use the 'jesus prohecised' persecution card when they fight back to defend themselves.

[edit on 26-4-2005 by riley]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Try walking in my shoes.

'I have seen no real evidence on this thread'.

Pardon me, but I thought I was on this thread.

How are they persecuted any more than those of other faiths?

Your asking me to put experiences on this thread and make it convincing enough to say it is beyond anyone else's words. This cannot be done, only experienced.

Could you elaborate on what it's like walking in christians shoes [well sandles
]?

Air Jesus! Hey, if they had them, I'd buy them. Elaborate? I would but...

I've been persecuted against for being an atheist [amongst other things].. whats the difference? I don't assume it's a major conspiracy against me 'and my kind'.. I could start a thread called 'the anti non-christian conspiracy' but that would be just as ridiculous as this one. I also think it's kind of a cop out when there are some 'christians' who beat other people with the 'good book' and then use the 'jesus prohecised' persecution card when they fight back to defend themselves.

After saying all this, you'd like me to share the challenges I have to face being a saint? I'm sorry, I don't think there's anything I can say that would change your mind at this point. I'm not going to go into a "woe is me, my suffering is more" match. It's a frivolous waste of time really. I just don't want someone to presume, assume or any other 'sume' that just because one is Christian, they have a nice easy time of it, like being in a V.I.P club. The truth is, a person comes under fire more when they're on the battlefield than hiding in a foxhole. Carrying around the name Christian means getting shot at even when you're waving a flag of peace. Hope this helps offer some perspective my friend. I wouldn't try if I didn't care.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join