It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Christian conspiracy

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The generic Christian definition of anti is:Hate.

First and foremost a pre-emptive strike by those clinging to a lifeline for a defence of their own beliefs, and doing so in the hopes that their detractors would feel at least a tinge of remorse and or shame that they have been pegged to be hating the opposition.

In this definition then, "anti" would translate into: hating Jews; Muslems; non-Catholics; non-fundalmentalists; atheists; agnostics; non-Americans; non-Canadians; non-European, etc, etc., etc. Choose your opposition and insert label.

Now I for the life of me cannot figure out why humans who willingly succumb to the wiles of other mortals consider themselves to be intelligent beings when in fact they bow to the pagan and un-Godly rituals of those mortals. Why these same dependent servants will day after day utter the the name of the very pagan God at the end of their prayers and not understand what they glorify, or why some of God's children choose to be believe that a select number of men have been gifted with a power from God that they themselves have not.

Pavlov could have exchanged his whistle for a Bible and his four legged subject for the two-legged, and he would have come to the same conclusion.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Just to restate the meaning of the original post:

The conspiracy that is being quesitoned, suggested is not of members on this board getting together, not of groups like the aclu, UN earth charter (look that one up), or any other.
Its the whole pot.
Being one who studies the bible, but not being one who studies conspiracies, I find myself in a position of taking the bible on faith when it says this will happen. I cant possilbly understand how we went from christianity being the rule of moral life in america, to christianity being told to stay between the 4 walls of the church.

Can all of these forces be linked? Sure. The bible says there will be a falling away, before the end.
BUT

Can a conspiracy theorist like the folks at this site link it without using the bible?
I doubt it...but there it is. Now if you find the source, (but I suppose there will not be one source), then you will find something more.

How long ago was it ?
Was it Rock n Roll in the 50s?
I dont think so.
Was it WW2 because of all the cross culture ties that were made?
No..because even in the 20's..(the roaring 20's) things were already off the deep end.

WW1? The Teens? I dont think so, but I think we are close. All of these times were steps in the path away from God and morals..

I dont have the answer.

But look at the events of the 2004 olympics. The blatent pagan worship that goes along with the olympics. Read up on 1896 and the first modern olympics and the guy who brought it back.
So was that the cause? No.
Just another part...but it also coincides with the knowledge explosion, industrialization, the explosion of evolution, the end of family life as it was known, ....
To me it looks like it all started between 1850- 1900. Christ became less important to people starting right there. I think the source of the modern conspiracy is somewhere in there as well.
I'll never find it though.
To find a conspiracy source, you have to do more than believe, you have to be skilled at this sort of thing. Unfortunately, those that have the greatest skill at this, do not believe, and wont dedicate their time to it like their other projects.
I wish you would tho, if only for a while.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Can you support that? Because that is not what is means in Greek or English.

Websters:
Main Entry: 1an•ti
Pronunciation: 'an-"tI, 'an-tE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural antis
Etymology: anti-
: one that is opposed

Strongs:
473. anti
Search for G473 in KJVSL
anti anti an-tee'

a primary particle; opposite, i.e. instead or because of (rarely in addition to):--for, in the room of. Often used in composition to denote contrast, requital, substitution, correspondence, etc.

The biblical use of "Anti" means substitution for, like anti pasta, is a substitute for pasta, it is just like pasta, it is a replacement. Anti-Christ will not look like Satan, he will look like Christ, he will be nice, friendly, caring, work earthly miracles, and such like. As they say the devil is in the details.

Christians pray for their enemies.
Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Those are some pretty nice words, right? How could anyone say something is wrong with this teaching?

Even if, "anti" meant hate, it does not stand to reason why non-Christians hate Christian, unless you suppose that Christians control everyone, which is not the case.

To the question of people who call themselves "Christians" and go on TV or into tents, or the radio, or wherever, and convince Christians to send them money, well shame on them. It is interesting that people are more upset with the victim, than the wolf? This is upside down thinking. Wolves by nature take advantage of the simple, there is no crime in being simple, the crime is in lying to simple people for you own personal gain. That is Crime.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balaams donkey

Were you astute you would understand the poke I make. Why you might even refer back to your own vapid ramblings to see where you yourself liberally apply the term; hate, to those who are against the Christian faith. After all, if you and those like you do not tell yourselves we actually hate Christians you have nothing to hide behind in your trite attempts at pre-emptively discrediting your opponents. An old trick that needs a new twist, I would say.

Now for some good advice; pay attention to the very c&P you provide so that you can fully understand that those who tell you they are anti your religion do not all qualify as hating you.

But it is important that I qualify my own opinion for you, I do in fact detest all forms of organized Christian, Judaic or Muslem religion as they have been to this very day and especially so with Christianity in any form. In that regard, that is the only truism you would ever speak to me when regurgitating the generalized Christian offensive you are all so fond of hurling at those who disagree with your cultish, paganistic and mind-controlling tool.

Now, does that mean I hate Christians too? No, but I do hold a great disdain and contempt for those who have no sense of self; have acquiesced to the mind-control; willingly refuse to educate themselves in the history of their religion; refuse to observe the obverse side of the coin and paint all of their detractors as being hateful. For to do all of that is to be as dictatorial, vacuous and as bent as the hellacious dogma they protect, and since I have no use whatsoever for that, it stands to reason I have as much use for those I describe. It is a far worse crime in my mind to hate God and to smear his name as the above described do, than to hate the doctrine that causes those who hate God to sell their souls to the men behind the scam.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Were you astute ....Why you might even refer back to your own vapid ramblings.... we actually hate Christians.... pre-emptively discrediting you. An old trick that needs a new twist, I would say.

I do in fact detest ....especially....Christianity in any form. ...that means I hate Christians too.......I do hold a great disdain and contempt for those who have no sense of self; have acquiesced to the mind-control....the hellacious dogma and....have as much use for those I describe. ...

How's that for a new twist? Do you looove me now? with just a tad bit of disdain for my lack of "sense of self", poor little me?

I'd thought to hand you a towel for the foam at the corners of your mouth, but I'm afraid you'd bite the hand that wipes you.

You Christianity bashers have no boundaries, apparently, no guidelines, and no control, mind or otherwise. Certainly no honor or self-respect, you and your wonderful upstanding leaders who would never dream of attempting any "mind-control" over your independent selves, but then why should they when your minds are already completely controlled by hate?

There I said it. Ball's in your court.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I've noticed certain words that come up when slamming Christians which in their own rights are not bad words...at least not by dictionary definitions. However, those who coalesce against any Christian (be that Christian an individual or in a group) like to throw these 'swear words' at them to demonize those who wish to follow good. Did I just say demonize those who follow good? Indeedy. Well, here's my list so far:

dogma (I think people like to use this for two reasons. It's got the word 'dog' in it and it implies some kind of connection with karma, which is not included in Christ's teachings.)
doctrine
fundamental/fundamentalist
apologetic (I never understood this word at all)
evangelical
Conservative (I thought it was political, but apparently it has something to to with Christianity too)
and of course every Christian-slammer's favorite phrase - sheep (which I may add are not born without a brain)

What'd I leave out? If you'd like a fun exercise, try looking them up sometimes at www.merriamwebster.com... if you don't have a dictionary handy. You may be surprised just how neutral in emotion and connotation they are!

[edit on 23-4-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween

Originally posted by Balaams donkey

Were you astute you would understand the poke I make. Why you might even refer back to your own vapid ramblings to see where you yourself liberally apply the term; hate, to those who are against the Christian faith. After all, if you and those like you do not tell yourselves we actually hate Christians you have nothing to hide behind in your trite attempts at pre-emptively discrediting your opponents. An old trick that needs a new twist, I would say.

Now for some good advice; pay attention to the very c&P you provide so that you can fully understand that those who tell you they are anti your religion do not all qualify as hating you.

But it is important that I qualify my own opinion for you, I do in fact detest all forms of organized Christian, Judaic or Muslem religion as they have been to this very day and especially so with Christianity in any form. In that regard, that is the only truism you would ever speak to me when regurgitating the generalized Christian offensive you are all so fond of hurling at those who disagree with your cultish, paganistic and mind-controlling tool.

Now, does that mean I hate Christians too? No, but I do hold a great disdain and contempt for those who have no sense of self; have acquiesced to the mind-control; willingly refuse to educate themselves in the history of their religion; refuse to observe the obverse side of the coin and paint all of their detractors as being hateful. For to do all of that is to be as dictatorial, vacuous and as bent as the hellacious dogma they protect, and since I have no use whatsoever for that, it stands to reason I have as much use for those I describe. It is a far worse crime in my mind to hate God and to smear his name as the above described do, than to hate the doctrine that causes those who hate God to sell their souls to the men behind the scam.

Bow to God, Get eternal life, before you die and get the second death.
Your miserable now, just wait until that day.
Its prolly not your fault. You never had a teddy bear when you were little. Mom and dad never gave you the love you needed?
That dont mean you have to hate people who DO actually give love.

Listen, Jesus is waiting right now for you to ask for help. Dont hate him because of the lack of caring in your childhood. Just pray the prayer.
Jesus Christ is the only one out of all of those you named who actually answers.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Saint, you forgot "sheeple". One of my personal faves

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Ahh, Christian love, there is nothing on earth like it when it actually shows its true colours.

Confession for you folks to beg forgiveness for condemnation is when?

The target of your boxing match watches you from a comfortable chair at ringside, for now, while you three trip over yourselves tag-teaming inside the ring and swinging wildly at the air.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Somewhere,

The target of your boxing match watches you from a comfortable chair at ringside, for now, while you three trip over yourselves tag-teaming inside the ring and swinging wildly at the air.

Are you saying you are running away?

Were you astute you would understand the poke I make. Why you might even refer back to your own vapid ramblings to see where you yourself liberally apply the term; hate, to those who are against the Christian faith.

Speaking of vacuous ramblings, did you look up "anti" ? You are the one making up new meanings for words, never seen before.

Also, apparently you are not able to grasp the most simple of points. Many people are not Christian, or are against the Christian faith, that is fine, as it is there choice. We don’t see them attacking. The question is why do so many attack, with hate, those who have committed no crimes against them? The hate seems to be greater than the hate for the most vile of criminals, Stalin, Hitler, Mason, Ramirez, Mengele, etc. It is hard for me to believe that you are unable to correctly comment on this threads question. Your repeated obfuscations of the issue, only exposes the heart of your intents. So the depth of the question, is why does law abiding behavior of Christians rally your heart to hatred? You are being controlled by this hatred of Christians, you foolishly think it is an enjoyable game. Soon you will realize the amount of control this hate has over you. You, will become a slave to this unending source of hatred. It is easy to see that already, hatefulness has become pleasurable to you. Do you realize that hate has indirectly made you submissive to Christians? Now who is controled?

WEBSTERS:
Main Entry: 1hate
Pronunciation: 'hAt
Function: noun
Usage: often attributive
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English hete; akin to Old High German haz hate, Greek kEdos care
1 a : intense hostility and aversion usually deriving from fear, anger, or sense of injury b : extreme dislike or antipathy : LOATHING
2 : an object of hatred

Main Entry: or•ga•nize
Pronunciation: 'or-g&-"nIz
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): -nized; -niz•ing
transitive senses
1 : to cause to develop an organic structure
2 : to form into a coherent unity or functioning whole : INTEGRATE ying to organize her thoughts>
3 a : to set up an administrative structure for b : to persuade to associate in an organization; especially : UNIONIZE
4 : to arrange by systematic planning and united effort
intransitive senses
1 : to undergo physical or organic organization
2 : to arrange elements into a whole of interdependent parts
3 : to form an organization; specifically : to form or persuade workers to join a union
synonym see ORDER
- or•gan•iz•able /"or-g&-'nI-z&-b&l/ adjective

So it would seem that you and others belong to the Organized Religion of Hate? There is old saying "we often become the thing we most hate".

In that regard, that is the only truism you would ever speak to me when regurgitating the generalized Christian offensive you are all so fond of hurling at those who disagree with your cultish, paganistic and mind-controlling tool.

Could you rewrite this sentence, as it is a mess. I could not find the truism.
Unless you were referring to the "detesting of religion"? Then are you saying truth is the hatred of religion?

The target of your boxing match watches you from a comfortable chair at ringside, for now, while you three

curiousity, saint4God, jake1997, llpoolej, and balaams donkey. That is five somewhere.

You might want to stop mocking other people untill you learn to count. Isn't this fun, "your dumb, no your dumber, nahuh your are, no way your so dumb, you don't know your head from a hole in the ground, shut up man, your stupid!......." Fun, fun, fun.

What I do not understand, Somewhere, is why someone over your obvious education, reduces yourself to dog fighting tactics. You say you hate organized religion, but this cannot be the case, it must be something much deeper to cause this kind of hate and anger. What is it, that caused you to hate organized religion? Do hate organization? Do you hate religion? Do you believe in God? Why do you always hide? What do you fear? At this point one must see that you are not comfortable with your own beliefs if you can not state them. My guess is that you are unsure of reality, your mind is caught between two choices and cannot make sense of either one. Thus you nic, of Somewhere in between. I would guess you are in a terrible mental battle, which tears you to pieces, and leaves you in a state of internal chaos. Why don’t you layout your struggle, what harm could come of it, if we are stupid morons as you have suggested our comments will be mere drivel. But, maybe someone here can offer some insight that you have not heard before. Your attacks are not benefiting anyone. We are not learning anything from them other than, your hatred of Christians. What do you learn from us? Why is it, that with your proclaimed education, you are not able to bring any sort of effective teaching to the table? I am honestly asking you, no games, mocking or anything of the sort. I just want to know what is going on with you? I care. Maybe, you do not believe me but I do.

Saint:

Believe it or not, but your are apologetic. Apologetic means to explain that reason behind the action or activity, generally to those who are not interested in joining the action. The things you write on ATS are apologetic in nature. You explain the faith to those you question it or are contrary to it and demand explanation.

a•pol•o•get•ic (ə-pŏl'ə-jĕt'ĭk) also a•pol•o•get•i•cal (-ĭ-kəl)
adj.
Offering or expressing an apology or excuse: an apologetic note; an apologetic smile.
Self-deprecating; humble: an apologetic manner.
Serving as or containing a formal justification or defense: an apologetic treatise on church doctrine.

[edit on 24-4-2005 by Balaams donkey]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
If I'm following this right, the part with the hate monger is over.

He has confessed that all of his garbage here was based on his hate for christians and their religion, and then bowed out.

Praise God for revealing the truth, and lets get passed this speed bump and move on to showing the conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Is it a conspiracy or is it fear? Is the conspiracy alive because those that despise, disagree, don't want to see Christianity flourish, truly fear it? They don't feel their position is strong enough to stand against it, so they attack it to dismantle it to allow their ideas to take hold

I have been seeing this all over the site. I just put my finger on it this morning. Those that must attack the opposing view/belief must not have enough faith in what they believe in. Obviously their point isn't strong enough to stand on its own merits. To be able to get their point across, they must discredit the other side. Otherwise, their point just doesn't hold water.

At least that is how it seems to me

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
You have a given Truth there bud.

Fear is a major cause of the hate.
Its a motto around here somewhere that says "Deny Ignorance"

All of those here who rail against Christians™ will start to quote the history of the catholic church or some other misguided people and blame it on Jesus Christ.

Read the bible. Learn what Christ is. Then you will know what a christian is.

You apply "Christian™" like a label with a broad brush. Thats ignorant.
Deny Ignorance.
Ignorance breeds hate.
People fear what they do not understand.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
If I'm following this right, the part with the hate monger is over.

He has confessed that all of his garbage here was based on his hate for christians and their religion, and then bowed out.

Praise God for revealing the truth, and lets get passed this speed bump and move on to showing the conspiracy.

Jake1997, I think you are onto something brand new in the posting world, just kidding, but it is a good suggestion

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
llpoolej

Is it a conspiracy or is it fear? Is the conspiracy alive because those that despise, disagree, don't want to see Christianity flourish, truly fear it? They don't feel their position is strong enough to stand against it, so they attack it to dismantle it to allow their ideas to take hold

Wow
, now that is a thought. Very well said llpoolej. By the way I like your avatar, don't ask me why....ahem...

jake1997, I think you are correct jake. It was really nice to read the last few posts. It must be the most posts I have ever read in a row that did not make my stomach turn in knots. How refreshing. Just think, we might be able to communicate with others on ATS about conspiracies in religions, AGAINST Christianity, without being blasted for our faith every other post, who’d of thought?
Take care, friends!

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I know what you mean.
It was always hard to understand in the beginning.
Then one day I see this post that is so mixed up in trying to bash christians that I had to laugh
Then I understood.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
with all due respect, folks, please!

all you've done is get a bunch of Christians to agree that everybody hates them when all us non-Christians are telling you that we don't hate you.

your posse all agrees that they believe the NT so, therefore, it must be true.

Christians that keep popping up in these conspiracies theory discussions with nothing to add except their fervent belief are going to keep getting challenged because no matter how deeply held is your belief in the divinity of Jesus and the "absolute truth" of the NT, it just does not make it a fact. It does not disprove it, it does not prove it. In fact, it's just irrelevant and, I'll repeat myself by saying that it's just an annoyance if it adds nothing to the discussion. Quoting passages from the NT to prove that the NT stories are true is just exercising your fingers.

I admire that you have strongly held beliefs! I think that's wonderful! I am being completely sincere, here - not sarcastic. I think there have been hundreds of thousands of Christians that have been wonderful people living wonderful lives.

On the other hand, there were also hundreds of thousands of wonderful people who led wonderful lives that went to their graves believing that the earth was flat and the sun rotated around it. It didn't make it true, but their beliefs only hurt the few thousand that got imprisoned or killed for saying otherwise.

Having said all that, if you live your faith like I believe you do and you probably always will, the world will be a better place for having had you in it.

God is happy with us all, I think. That gives me peace.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Al Davison
with all due respect, folks, please!

all you've done is get a bunch of Christians to agree that everybody hates them when all us non-Christians are telling you that we don't hate you.

Who's "us", non-believer? The ones who "spit on Christians"? Or the ones that accuse Christians of all manner of hypocrisy, closed mindedness, and downright political incorrectness?

your posse all agrees that they believe the NT so, therefore, it must be true.

If that is what you truly imagine, you are undoubtedly one of those who accuse Christians of "circular reasonings". How you could imagine we would base our entire lives on such patently silly argument is beyond me. Surely you aren't indirectly accusing us of stupidity as well?? That is not very nice.

But, please, allow me to disabuse you: We believe the NT (and the rest of Scripture as well) because it is the written Word of God, Who spoke the world into existence and of Whom it is said (John 1:1-4) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. We believe it because God said it, and would believe it if no other did so. "

Posse" or no "posse" we are single individuals who have become convinced that God is the Word, and the Word He speaks is Truth.

It seems that you non-Believers actually have more faith than do we who hold to the faith of our God in that you swallow whole the "theory of evolution"which propounds that life came from non-life. A sizzling flash of light from what source? Primordial ooze that just "happened"? Now that takes a "leap of faith" unequalled in Christianity.

Christians that keep popping up in these conspiracies theory discussions with nothing to add except their fervent belief..

It almost sounds as if you think Christians have no place on these "conspiracies theory discussions". Are you also of the group that thinks "Christian" and "inalienable rights" are mutually exclusive terms?

are going to keep getting challenged because no matter how deeply held is your belief in the divinity of Jesus and the "absolute truth" of the NT, it just does not make it a fact.

I don't recall ever seeing a post by a Christian in which a poster complains of being challenged on their faith. I believe your own beginning statement about "hate" shows you know that is the attitude to which we object, because of the vituperative slurs and use of words that demean not only our faith but ourselves personally for believing in it.

Doesn't it seem odd to you that the only religion which is "ok" to mock and attack is Christianity, and that one need feel no compunction to be "politically correct" about the attacks?

it's just an annoyance if it adds nothing to the discussion. Quoting passages from the NT to prove that the NT stories are true is just exercising your fingers.

Yes, it would seem so. However, your assumption is in error. Scripture is quoted to indicate a point, just as you might quote a quip from South Park or whatever you think speaks the truth. It is not quoted to prove itself true, instead we believe it is true and quote it as Truth. If you have an instance of it's being quoted to prove itself true, I'd like to see it.

I admire that you have strongly held beliefs! I think that's wonderful! I am being completely sincere, here - not sarcastic. I think there have been hundreds of thousands of Christians that have been wonderful people living wonderful lives.

Your sentiment is patronizing but appreciated. And indeed Christians are the...." salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men." (Matt 5:13)

In the context of this passage, Jesus is speaking of Christians and the intention is that lest we "lose our savour", we are constrained by the love of God and for people who are without Him and without hope in the world (Eph 2:12) to preach the Word of the gospel in season and out of season, (2 Tim 4:2) whether we are heard or not. (Luke 10:16-- He who hears you hears Me, he who rejects you rejects Me, and he who rejects Me rejects Him who sent Me.")

Hence, we quote Scripture even knowing it will go unheard by the many in the hope that just one will hear and examine for him or herself whether these things are true. (acts 7:11 These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.)

...God is happy with us all, I think. That gives me peace.

Jesus came, per Luke 1:79, "To give light to those who sit in darkness and the shadow of death, To guide our feet into the way of peace." His sacrifice has made peace between God and man IF it is accepted as sufficient. John 3:18 says "...he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

Heb 9:27 "And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment"...and John 3:7 ".. and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man. Does this sound like God is happy with us all? Who then is He to judge? The monkeys who are said to be our uncles?

It clearly says men, doesn't it? Now, imagine for a moment you are a believer, would you feel comfortable believing this to be God's spoken intent and not telling other people about it? Not at least making an attempt to convince others of the danger of unbelief?

Now, if that is proselyzing, I'll have to plead guilty. Christian posters don't come onto boards like this, in the main, in order to promote our beliefs, but to answer the inaccurate ideas and blasphemous charges posted by unbelievers. If, in doing so, we quote Scripture to correct erroneous thinking by those unfamiliar with Scripture, and to challenge blatant attempts at misquoting or otherwise twisting of our faith into bizarre and unrecognizable shapes, is it odd to think that we would also offer the Truth as antidote?

I've never met a Christian who has set out to be annoying. I'm sorry if you have. But to call us annoying because we continue to speak out of faith is not very open-minded, is it?

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   

On the other hand, there were also hundreds of thousands of wonderful people who led wonderful lives that went to their graves believing that the earth was flat and the sun rotated around it. It didn't make it true, but their beliefs only hurt the few thousand that got imprisoned or killed for saying otherwise.

[/quote

Perfect example of the IGNORANCE that causes christians to have to quote their bible so that we can DENY it.

In your mind you see christians as the ones who propagated that garbage and as the only ones who believed it.

The catholic church merely gives lip service to christ. It is the continuation of the Roman pantheon which is a continuation of all the pantheons before them.

Deny Ignorance.]

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Thanks for listing me as one on your side. I'll back you up any way I can because I haven't seen you waiver from truth yet.

Now, on to the messy business:

Saint:

Believe it or not, but your are apologetic. Apologetic means to explain that reason behind the action or activity, generally to those who are not interested in joining the action. The things you write on ATS are apologetic in nature. You explain the faith to those you question it or are contrary to it and demand explanation.

Erk! I appreciate your work to tackle a particularlly hard-headed part of my mind. In principle above I can kinda see what you mean but...

a•pol•o•get•ic (ə-pŏl'ə-jĕt'ĭk) also a•pol•o•get•i•cal (-ĭ-kəl)
adj.
Offering or expressing an apology or excuse: an apologetic note; an apologetic smile.

I don't do this! I think this is what sets me off. The fact that this has any part of the definition (and what I believe to be the truest sense of the word) has me steering way clear of any affiliation of it. I do apologize for stepping on people's toes, hurting others (albeit unintentionally most of the time), and cutting people off, but NOT when talking about God unless I make a statement that's out and out wrong. God is the one thing that I know for sure and can depend on.

Serving as or containing a formal justification or defense: an apologetic treatise on church doctrine.

Aha! This is where it come from...but rather than saying, "I'm only apologitic according to the definition 2 of the dictionary", I'd rather throw it out all together to avoid confusion with the first.

It does answer my question though, very glad you brought it up. At least now I can see where people are coming from instead of shouting back "I've apologized for nothing!"

[edit on 25-4-2005 by saint4God]

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join