It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Christian conspiracy

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin

Originally posted by saint4God

Here in the Good old USA, you x-tians are adamantly opposed to abortion, yet are paradoxically pro-death penalty.

I am in the 'good old USA', oppose abortion, and oppose the pro-death penatly. So, that makes your statement false.

I read you r entire post and if you are being truthful then I will sincerely offer my humblest apologies to you. I will say though that people like you are truly the exception.You can not however deny that those generalizations that I mentioned do not exist in massive numbers here(USA).

As for the statistics you asked for, give us a sec and I will do my best.

As for your drawing lines in the sand...No I am not a John 3:16 Christian, I am a Mat 10:5-6, 34-36, & Rev22:16-17 Gnostic.
www.biblegateway.com...:5-6;&version=9;
Mat10:34-35
www.biblegateway.com...:34-35;&version=9;

www.biblegateway.com...:16-17;&version=9;

So the lines as you have said have been drawn. I understand yours, with all due respect do you understand mine?

Sincerely
Eric

Sorry my friend people like saint are not the exception. There are many of us, however our faith most keep private the way it should be. Yes, we speak and try to lead others to see the light. However, we DO NOT denounce every one and everything.

Many confuse true Christianity with the teachings of man, and use it as an excuse to push their agenda of hate, and intolerance-in other words FEAR one of only two true emotions. The other, of course, being LOVE.

Even saint4god and I disagree on a few subjects, but we both attempt to take the path Jesus taught. I won't speak for him, however I know my tongue is held when I see the classification of all who call themselves "Christian" the same. Just not true. I know who the true Christians are. Many times I can feel them, and their spirit.

It is the ones making the noise that you hear, and most are not Christian. It ain't good is it? Kinda like calling democrats of no faith. Hum, I'm a democrat and got plenty of it. Notice no fighting back by us? Not the way of Christ.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by llpoolej
Phoenix, I think you want to believe that all people who call themselves Christians are exactly alike. I think if you were to socialize with them, you would find that not the case at all. They are some really hateful people who call themselves Christians. I have met them too. They don't represent all of us.

As I have repeatedly said there are exceptions to every rule. Do I believe there are poeple out ther trying their hardest to live as their supposed christ did? An emphatic YES! Do I believe they are the majority? An emohatic NO! Do I think there are plenty of good X-tians? Yes!

Does that excuse them from their partnership in an orginization of mass murder, and disinformation? No? Forgive them for they know not what they do. That is all I am saying, none of you escept for Flanders, know not what you do.

I know more Hari Krishnas who live closer to the teachings of your supposed christ, than I have met X-tians, and believe me I have met more X-tians.

In case you didn't know I was rasied around not one but two denominations of X-tians, so I have socialized with plenty . I saw the confliction between both their groups and decided to investivate. I went to private X-tian schooling, so I have known MANY of X-tians. I know that not all of them are bad, but I still know they follow a pagan trinity that is based from Babylon. Which is fine, I don't care, jsut quit trying to tell me I am wrong because we have the proof.I can admit to what I believe ....Why can't you?

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   

[
Sorry my friend people like saint are not the exception. There are many of us, however our faith most keep private the way it should be. Yes, we speak and try to lead others to see the light. However, we DO NOT denounce every one and everything.

I actually like Saint , and I think that if he can just try to be objective, and research the things I have provided, he might find himself thinking in an entirely different paradigm.

Many confuse true Christianity with the teachings of man, and use it as an excuse to push their agenda of hate, and intolerance-in other words FEAR one of only two true emotions. The other, of course, being LOVE.

I can not deny that there are two different things going on in christianity. I see the love that you speak of, I know what you are talking about, john 3:16, and all .....but do you know the quotes I gave? Please look at those.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I read you r entire post and if you are being truthful then I will sincerely offer my humblest apologies to you. I will say though that people like you are truly the exception.You can not however deny that those generalizations that I mentioned do not exist in massive numbers here(USA).

No worries, thank you sincerely for the apology. You're correct. I think it's an accurate generalization (saying more than %50) of Christians are pro-death penatly. I was on the fence until a very convincing argument by Amnesty International.

As for the statistics you asked for, give us a sec and I will do my best.

As for your drawing lines in the sand...No I am not a John 3:16 Christian, I am a Mat 10:5-6, 34-36, & Rev22:16-17 Gnostic.
Mat10:34-35
www.biblegateway.com...:34-35;&version=9;

www.biblegateway.com...:16-17;&version=9;

So the lines as you have said have been drawn. I understand yours, with all due respect do you understand mine?

Sincerely
Eric

Thanks for the referrals. I need to take a look and consider. I do try to understand everyone's position whether I agree or not. Be back with you soon.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater
Even saint4god and I disagree on a few subjects, but we both attempt to take the path Jesus taught. I won't speak for him, however I know my tongue is held when I see the classification of all who call themselves "Christian" the same. Just not true. I know who the true Christians are. Many times I can feel them, and their spirit.

Heya madman, totally respect what you have to say here. There was a few times I was unclear about what you said but was adviced not to respond and listen and wait to see what your follow-ups were. Pardon for any misunderstandings in the past and if I question, it's probably to fix my own reasoning, not to try to lay down the law of what's right ('cause that's not my job). Peace be with you friend.

[edit on 28-4-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Without addressing any specific member, can we at least agree that it is not in our power, ability, knowledge, or right, to try to contemplate the infinite?

With that being said, I think all points of view should be considered, and respected unless easily disputed by theological data(or scripture as you rationalist would prefer)

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Its always the same old thing... lumping everyone into the same group...are we supposed to deny we are Christian, or American-- just because it is politically incorrect...??? Do we take on all of the sins that are in the group..why can't people see through all of that???

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Now I see one of the reasons I stopped wasting so much of my time here.

Jake is a rabid Christian who would probably laugh with glee at the thought of a non-Christian such as myself burning in hell forever. This guy...I ain't even going to bring up any examples, it's despicable.

Curiosity seems to have evolution confused with biogenesis. Evolution has NOTHING to say about the origin of life; it only concerns the progression of existing life forms. That's why I just laugh at comments like those, it really is funny.

Oh, yeah, Jake wonders about this "conspiracy" while he bashes Catholics in the same breath. I thought they were the most powerful Christians in the world!!
How are they not real Christians, because you say so?

I think my problem was that I took this site too seriously when I came through regularly. Now, after being gone a while, it seems that it's really entertaining! I think I'll start coming back, just so I can laugh my a$$ off at posts from Jake, Curiosity, and others.

Don't worry, I saved the funniest thing for last. NOT ONE OF YOU has said ANYTHING about the REAL conspiracy I posted about.

Oh well, I'll be laughing while they throw the book at y'all for no reason. Not because y'all deserve it, because y'all have no idea who's really responsible for this. It's REALLY funny!! Thing is, it won't be funny when it's my turn for the treatment...

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
Now I see one of the reasons I stopped wasting so much of my time here.

You see that is exactly what they want you to do.

Don't leave the fight now, you are a soldier for truth, yeah? What kind of soldier holds up their defense, when they run at the first sight of danger?

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Oh, yeah, Jake wonders about this "conspiracy" while he bashes Catholics

Thats like saying, ...".....while he bashes theives"
Telling someone that a doctrine is antichristian is now called bashing?
There ya go. Make the scripture the bad guy. That is what this thread is all about.

"How dare you say that this doctrine is unchristian!!"
Hey pal, christ said it.
Dont like it? Counter the scripture.
Dont understand why the RCC? Its ok. You can sacrifice your time and prayers to pay for your sins and mine too. Thats what they teach.
Look up the mary aparitions and just study the ones the RCC approves of.

Then read a little bit of the bible and see what God says about it.

Then you will be qualified to speak about it.

Deny Ignorance

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
You know I think MC Stephen Hawking said it best: What we need more of is science.

[edit on 29-4-2005 by Lysergic]

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Iyou x-tians [edit on 28-4-2005 by phoenixhasrisin]

Says it all....thread lost one ranter, got another.

The bunched panty think comes to mind, but the snarl and foam is what really got you the rating.....

Way above ranter

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Without addressing any specific member, can we at least agree that it is not in our power, ability, knowledge, or right, to try to contemplate the infinite?

With that being said, I think all points of view should be considered, and respected unless easily disputed by theological data(or scripture as you rationalist would prefer)

Contemplate the infinite? It is in our power and ability. To completely know Him is not. God is without beginning and without end. Jesus said that he is the beginning and the end.
This means that there is no other and only the bible is right.

Now as for the second half, no. I dont have to respect what you believe if that means giving credence to the possibility. It goes against scripture.
HOWVER
I WILL respect your decision to choose it and leave you alone on it.
In the end, the only thing we have to agree on, is to disagree.
Many people cant do that.
Thus the reason for this thread.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by curiousity

Iyou x-tians [edit on 28-4-2005 by phoenixhasrisin]

Says it all....thread lost one ranter, got another.

The bunched panty think comes to mind, but the snarl and foam is what really got you the rating.....

Way above ranter

It actually does'nt say anything at all, I assume it was not intended to be an incomplete quote?
How was I "ranting"

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Jake, I've never responded to one of your threads, first, because it doesn't appear you need any help and two, because there are points on which we would disagree, and since we have so many haters responding, disagreement among the troops is not, imho, be wise. Though I see some of that, it is not the most prevalent trend here, for which thing I'm grateful.

Nevertheless I am of the mind that this is a time to say your strong stand is admirable.

AND THAT those who demand that "their" belief or lack thereof be "respected" need to read what you said AGAIN!

Originally posted by jake1997
I don't have to respect what you believe if ..... it goes against scripture.

EXACTLY!

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Jake, I've never responded to one of your threads, first, because it doesn't appear you need any help and two, because there are points on which we would disagree, and since we have so many haters responding, disagreement among the troops is not, imho, be wise. Though I see some of that, it is not the most prevalent trend here, for which thing I'm grateful.

Nevertheless I am of the mind that this is a time to say your strong stand is admirable.

AND THAT those who demand that "their" belief or lack thereof be "respected" need to read what you said AGAIN!

Originally posted by jake1997
I don't have to respect what you believe if ..... it goes against scripture.

EXACTLY!

If scripture is what you rely on, and is your main authority, then what about this scripture?

MAt10:5-6

5These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

6But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Are you a lost sheep? If so, you know that there are many many many among the Christian followers who have gone to them, are going to them, and will continue to do so. So why ask?

If not, sounds like you don't know so now you do.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   

If scripture is what you rely on, and is your main authority, then what about this scripture?

5These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

This was true while Jesus was around. After his resurrection....Matthew 28:18: "Then Jesus came to them and said, 'All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

I do love a happy ending.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Matthew 28:18: "Then Jesus came to them and said, 'All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Tanks for at least being able to give a decent response, with scripture even, you truly are a rare christian. I'll reply u2u as I don't want to get off topic here.

I still stand by my first post when I said I do'nt think there is a "conspiracy" per se, against christians. I think it is just a backlash from what christianity as a whole has been responsible for over the years, and up until now.

Perhaps you are not one who preaches and tries to legislate morality, but in the USA, there are plenty who are doing just that. I think it is this meddling in the lives of others , & the legislation of morality, that people are tired of.No conspiracy just poeple fighting back for once.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Are you a lost sheep? If so, you know that there are many many many among the Christian followers who have gone to them, are going to them, and will continue to do so. So why ask?If not, sounds like you don't know so now you do.

You know I asked a legitimate question, citing YOUR book of "truth", and you respond with a smart-A** answer, why is that? I think it is because you did not have an answer.It is behaviour such as this that does not make people too fond of christians. It is behaviour such as this that makes us "non-christians" lump you all together.

You should thank your fellow brother in christ "saint" for a couple of things 1)for at least being able to address the question that was asked of YOU, citing scripture and 2) for giving further proof that not all christians are like you.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join