It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Deploying BORTAC to Sanctuary Cities

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman
It isn't about what they will do. I said if they are there to pick someone up from custody they don't need a SWAT team and if they are used to take down drug spots where there are arms, some other federal SWAT team could have done it.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
It isn't about what they will do. I said if they are there to pick someone up from custody they don't need a SWAT team and if they are used to take down drug spots where there are arms, some other federal SWAT team could have done it.

Again, we don't know that yet. Once we see them in action, we can tell if this was a bad idea. Wait for results.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Don't know what? What other scenario is there?

ETA: Never-mind, seems I was right. I guess we both/all missed this:

They are not allowed to forcibly enter properties in order to make arrests, and the presence of BORTAC agents, while helpful in boosting the number of agents on the ground, may prove most useful for the visual message it sends.

edit on 15-2-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Bortac is being used to deal with the problems that are kept out of the headlines like beheadings committed by ms13 iniates here in the us

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Don't know what? What other scenario is there?
ETA: Never-mind, seems I was right. I guess we both/all missed this:

They are not allowed to forcibly enter properties in order to make arrests, and the presence of BORTAC agents, while helpful in boosting the number of agents on the ground, may prove most useful for the visual message it sends.

I read that when I made the thread. That's why you confused me lol.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I called it political theater because they are not needed.

The article said they are pretty much just props.

CynConcepts and I went back and forth about what their tasks might be and about others being able to do their job and you jumped in saying "You are about to find out".

You also said "They will only target illegals and terrorists." and now you claim you knew they were just going to be standing around?

Hmm, I don't know.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=24951058]daskakik[/post
Here in the US different law enforcement agencies have differing legal jurisdiction. The ATF deals with alcohol,tobacco and firearms for instance. They deal in the big issues within their preview. In the case of BORTAC anything related to illegals here in our country. Thing is that not only are the sanctuary cites not notifying ICE, they do not allow any cooperation between their police and ICE. Now the newest madness that adds onto this garbage is the new no-bail releases. The types of crimes you can just walk free from now (till trial,IF they even show) is quite expansive. Considering how these policies are coming from states with sanctuary policies in the first place, we are looking at lots of trouble in the days ahead. If they are using a swat like unit its obvious that they are not going to be picking them up off the street. As has been stated by other posters, there is a large criminal backing to many of these people. So, going after them at their places of residences or crash spaces is more than likely going to be met with heavy resistance. As is there is a huge disregard for following the laws by them in the first place, a little shock & awe is necessary.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: hangedman13
I understand jurisdiction and I also understand that executing a warrant for some illegals can be dangerous.

My point was that they are not a danger to normal ICE agents if being turned over while still in custody and they are also not a threat if they are gone when the ICE agents show up. There is never a confrontation.

But, what I posted earlier, from the article in the OP, says that BORTAC agents are not going to be acting as a real SWAT team anyway. It is like they have no jurisdiction either.

So, as you say, they are not going to be picking them off the street but they are also not authorized to forcibly enter properties in order to make arrests. What are they there for?

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: hangedman13
Thing is that not only are the sanctuary cites not notifying ICE, they do not allow any cooperation between their police and ICE.

Do all sanctuary cities do that?

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: hangedman13
Thing is that not only are the sanctuary cites not notifying ICE, they do not allow any cooperation between their police and ICE.

Do all sanctuary cities do that?

That's why they call it "Sanctuary". It sucks, we know.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I called it political theater because they are not needed.

How do you know that? Are you in a sanctuary city ?

I don't think so.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   

That doesn't answer my question.

As I had to look for more information about it, it looks like each city acts the way they want, so we cannot consider them as the same.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Because there are other SWAT teams that could have done the same job.

I'm not saying there are not situations that don't require a SWAT team. I'm saying it doesn't have to be these guys.

I see you also keep forgetting that they are not going to be acting as a real SWAT team anyway.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

It sounds close to deploying the military on the streets of US cities, but this time people accept it and even like it.

No, they are law enforcement officers.

They are there due to the deploying of illegal immigrants on the streets of US cities.

But you are correct, people accept it and even like it because it upholds the rule of law

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff
No, they are law enforcement officers.

I said it sounded "close", I didn't say they were military personel.

They are there due to the deploying of illegal immigrants on the streets of US cities.

"Deploying"? By whom?

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

That doesn't answer my question.
As I had to look for more information about it, it looks like each city acts the way they want, so we cannot consider them as the same.

Maybe I didn't understand you. What I mean is sanctuary cities and states want to have their own rules, according to the democratic party agenda and of course, ignoring federal government.

Hopefully my state soon will no longer be a democrat state. We won't be a sanctuary anymore.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Because there are other SWAT teams that could have done the same job.
I'm not saying there are not situations that don't require a SWAT team. I'm saying it doesn't have to be these guys.
I see you also keep forgetting that they are not going to be acting as a real SWAT team anyway.

The other SWAT teams are controlled by the state, I believe BORTACs are part of the federal government.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
double
edit on 16-2-2020 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Reply to ArMaP:

Ok but “close” isn’t, is it?

Deployed by their enablers.
edit on 2 16 2020 by NorthOfStuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
FBI/ATF/DEA have teams that are federal.

The article also says the BORTACs are just part of the extra agents being sent.

edit on 16-2-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join