It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Deploying BORTAC to Sanctuary Cities

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Yet another good news story

ICE is being funded better than ever now, which is good. ICE is a much needed, positive organisation who does a good job with what they’re up against.

Hopefully this BORTAC group receives an increase in funding too.

The wall is being built too. Good to see.

Illegal crossings are down 70%, three million dead voters have just been removed from voter rolls, ICE will be present in and around voting stations in November.

Not good news for some people I guess.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: CynConcepts

There are 2 scenarios.
1. The illegal is detained until ICE shows up and they are handed over to the ICE agents. They would have no firearms on them in this case.

2. ICE shows up and the illegal is long gone. ICE agents are not in any danger.

If the released illegal then goes back to a life of crime and is to be arrested but considered a threat, regular SWAT could be sent in.

Obviously, the safest for ALL (citizens alike) is number one. So why do sanctuary cities not protect those citizens who pay them to protect them and their cities?

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts
I've heard that they don't have the funding or space and if ICE doesn't show up by the end of the day on which the prisoner has to be released they have no choice. Well, that is one reason I have heard of. ETA: Maybe that is two.

Now, that brings up the question, how much does it cost to have these SWAT teams operating?

Would it be cheaper to hire some more regular ICE agents and make sure they can be there, so things will by like scenario 1 more often?

Another thing is that FBI/ATF/DEA also have SWAT teams, so why not use them?

Like I said, to me it just looks like political theater.
edit on 15-2-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

a reply to: Trueman
Why would they need a federal SWAT team to pick up illegals being released from custody?

You are about to find out

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
You probably should have read a little more of the thread before posting that.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

You do understand that what is happening is dangerous criminals that ICE is seeking are being released by local police? The sanctuary laws don't allow the officers to hold them, even if they know for a fact they have committed serious crimes. It means a murderer or rapist can be arrested for a minor crime and even though the police know from ICE they are murderers or rapists, the local cops will not tell ICE and they will just let them go.

I know. My sister in-law was brutally murdered by one of them who was let go in a sanctuary city, even though they knew he was convicted of five brutal rapes in Mexico and ICE wanted him. That happened when this sanctuary madness first started. She is dead, her children are motherless because sanctuary cities don't give a damn.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
It sounds close to deploying the military on the streets of US cities, but this time people accept it and even like it.

Not even close. They are just specially trained teams to deal with dangerous people who are in the US illegally. The rest is just political hype.

Among the illegals in our largest cities are some of the most dangerous gangs on the planet. Not exactly what a normal ICE agent would deal with, so you have special teams. Those gangs are into human trafficking and hardcore narcotics distribution and there are thousands of them in the US. The local cops are outmatched so they just try and contain them. A cop with a handgun, some mace and maybe a taser is not about to deal with that and go up against a gang armed with military hardware that control whole neighborhoods.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I'm deeply sorry for your sister in law. I hope these special forces help to prevent crimes like that.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

You probably should have read a little more of the thread before posting that.

Read what? What did I miss ?

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
Among the illegals in our largest cities are some of the most dangerous gangs on the planet. Not exactly what a normal ICE agent would deal with, so you have special teams. Those gangs are into human trafficking and hardcore narcotics distribution and there are thousands of them in the US. The local cops are outmatched so they just try and contain them. A cop with a handgun, some mace and maybe a taser is not about to deal with that and go up against a gang armed with military hardware that control whole neighborhoods.

What about other violent criminals that are not illegal migrants?

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

That the situations don't require a SWAT team.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555
I actually did mention most of what you said.

It means a murderer or rapist can be arrested for a minor crime and even though the police know from ICE they are murderers or rapists, the local cops will not tell ICE and they will just let them go.

If they are arrested for minor crimes by LEO, why does ICE need a SWAT team?

ETA: Also why not use an FBI/ATF/DEA team?

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

The police take care of them, but in sanctuary cities they cannot do the same with dangerous illegals

This has been stated numerous times, are you having reading comprehension issues or are you being intentionally obtuse.

Dont answer it was rhetorical
edit on 15-2-2020 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry
The police take care of them, but in sanctuary cities they cannot do the same with dangerous illegals

This has been stated numerous times, are you having reading comprehension issues or are you being intentionally obtuse.

Dont answer it was rhetorical

See what I was responding to, there was no mention of police not being able to "take care of them", it said:

The local cops are outmatched so they just try and contain them. A cop with a handgun, some mace and maybe a taser is not about to deal with that and go up against a gang armed with military hardware that control whole neighborhoods.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry
They do exactly the same thing. Arrest, charge, sentence (if found guilty), put away and release when their time is served.

If ICE doesn't show up they let them go, the same with a legal criminal that may have a warrant from some other city or state. If the receiving party doesn't show, they are released.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Regular police take care of them

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   

That the situations don't require a SWAT team.

Do you qualify as an expert ?

You don't know man

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   
They are being released from custody. It doesn't take an expert to know they won't be armed to the teeth.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Not intentional. He's from Portugal. He wouldn't know how things are in our sanctuary cities. I'm in one.

Not easy to understand if you are not living with the problem.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   

They are being released from custody. It doesn't take an expert to know they won't be armed to the teeth.

Lets wait a few days and see what they do, I'm sure it'll convince you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join