It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things that won't happen;- The reincarnation of Christ

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: Sookiechacha#
I think the intention of Hebrews ch9 was to argue against "repeated sacrifice", but it certainly has additional value as an argument against reincarnation.

The last two verses of Hebrews 9 are worth posting here...

Hebrews 9:27-28

27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Nice thread. S&F

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined
Those verses especially.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   

a reply to: vethumanbeing
But that's a non-Biiblical approach. Like reincarnation, it has the effect of opening up a path for "false Christs" to appear.

God does not follow Christian rules. That is why Christianity states that man should not judge others. Just Help them to find the good in Christianity. I was a Christian most of my life, I still consider myself Christian will not believe some of the interpretations of the bible that many different Christian groups have made. I do not fit the description of a Christian anymore because I do not believe the way that the majority of Christians believe anymore. I do not fear god, I respect him. I believe in Jesus the Messiah, but I am not sure if he is the actual son of god. From his writings I feel he was a very good man filled to the brim with the Holy Spirit. I do not consider that meaning he was the only begotten son of god. There were angels too, they were the sons of god.

I respect Christians and their beliefs though. I learned a lot in my years of being Lutherin and to this day have many Christian friends and they are great people. I do know some that are a little overboard, but they are still friends and they have the right to be how they are. None are radical at all. They just think that their way is the right way and that most of the Christians got it wrong. They are fooling themselves and judging when in fact they do not have the authority to judge other Christian groups unless of course, the group is causing people to steer away from Christianity because of the way they are.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

But that's a non-Biiblical approach.

Does that make it not worthy?

Like reincarnation, it has the effect of opening up a path for "false Christs" to appear.

I'm curious about your thoughts about reincarnation. It is a real thing IMHO

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
originally posted by: rickymouse

DISRAELI: But that's a non-Biiblical approach. Like reincarnation, it has the effect of opening up a path for "false Christs" to appear.

rickymouse: God does not follow Christian rules. That is why Christianity states that man should not judge others.

Man thinks they invented God to (first) serve themselves. God actually created Man to describe Itself to Itself. So Man invents religion (God invents religion by-proxy) to watch Itself worship Itself. Hilarious.
edit on 15-2-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

But that's a non-Biiblical approach. Like reincarnation, it has the effect of opening up a path for "false Christs" to appear.

What is a *biblical* approach to a non-scholar theologian layman such as myself? Jesus himself was treated as a 'false messiah' and crucified. I would imagine more false Christs need not fear as will not share that fate in this era.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
This is my take on this - God's messenger is already reincarnated walking on this earth and I think the notion that people have much trouble with, is "He'll be coming from the sky, riding on a cloud".

Now how about this - he comes on earth, lives life as a normal human up to a certain age and then when the time comes (Lord knows when), he'll be lifted up in the sky and finish his job? So part of life a regular human, then a messenger. It seems perfectly acceptable to me, God does not have any restrictions as to how the job is done.

Another point that doesn't seem to get stressed enough is that the messenger *needs* to live life as a common man, to *learn* what it means to be a human, to learn their problems, their sufferings, getting sick, feeling loneliness, learning about human ego, greed, etc, but enjoying human happiness too, enthusiasm, working with human earthly friends and so on.

It'd be totally wrong to think that somehow the savior will be coming here knowing everything about human life, straight from his home world to earth in no time and having all the knowledge/answers about human life! Not really! It simply doesn't work like that! Any savior/messiah will have to get his feet wet first in the human matters, then he'd be able to do his work.

There's none, whatsoever, any kind of artificiality with God or how He conducts His work. Things have to be done according to logic and reason.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: miri2019

Except he already did the normal human/God's messenger bits. That's what the entire New Testament documents. You don't reincarnate anymore than you die twice. He returns from Heaven to earth as it says. He doesn't live part of His life as a human and then God's messenger all over again just so you can witness it with your own living eyes.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Except he already did the normal human/God's messenger bits. That's what the entire New Testament documents. You don't reincarnate anymore than you die twice. He returns from Heaven to earth as it says. He doesn't live part of His life as a human and then God's messenger all over again just so you can witness it with your own living eyes.

Living as a human two thousand years ago is nothing like living like a human today. In fact, living as a human in one country is not even close to living as a human in another. Jesus did not speak English, nor did he speak Chinese, nor did he speak Russian or French. He would have to learn those languages.

I think that the Messiah spirit, the Holy spirit, will just fill a person so they become the Messiah. Jesus was not born a Messiah, he gained that in the Desert. He became the Messiah when he was in his Thirties I think, after extensive training with the Nazarene I think. His teachings did not match the Nazarene though, there was a change in him after he got trained from what I read about this. John the Baptist was supposedly studying with the Nazarene or some monk colony too.

I decided to do some research a while back to try to figure out what the hell actually happened. I also came to a conclusion that It might not have been Jesus that actually died on that cross. A different one of his deciples may have sacrificed himself so Jesus would not have to die. Being the fact that Jesus had to be identified by someone who knew him makes me think that the person who was identified was not really Jesus.

But then again, I never was indoctrinated with their version very well, so even though I believe in God and I believe Jesus was a Messiah and his teachings were good and peaceful, I am technically not a Christian.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
A really good friend of mine was devout Christian. He swore the second coming of Jesus was going to happen in his lifetime. It's been 11 years since he died.

I think everyone reading this post will be long dead and gone before the second coming of Jesus!

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

That's assuming that the so called "New Testament" is really the word of the one true God. That book is a lie written by liars and whoever wrote that is guilty of a big sin, the sin of twisting the word of God, the words of the ancient israelite prophets in the Old Testament. Not to mention the gigantic confusion it has caused.

I don't need to witness anything with my eyes and as far as reincarnating more than once, I don't see a problem with it. Angels and humans reincarnate all the time and however many times it's required from them and this savior is no different. To my knowledge this is his second time here on this earth and yet there'll be another 3rd time when he comes as savior, human again.

Things are not as simple as they seem, there's a reason why jewish people have this strange concept of two sequential personas: Messiah ben Joseph and Messiah ben David. Just ponder this.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   
You mean he's not coming back as the cosmic Christ in a space ship along with all the other ascended masters?/sarc

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: VeeTNA
"But that's a non-Biiblical approach." Does that make it not worthy?

This thread is an exercise in Biblical theology. Anything that is non-Biblical is not worthy in terms of Biblical theology.

edit on 16-2-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
What is a *biblical* approach to a non-scholar theologian layman such as myself?

This thread s an exercise in Biblical theology, like the other threads I make in this forum, so its more for the benefit of those who want to know what the Biblical approach is.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 02:16 AM
link   

If Jesus was bodily raised to life before being taken up into heaven, evidenced by Him eating and also by demonstrating His physicality and scars to Thomas, then to be reincarnated, He would have had to first be de-incarnated - i.e: to have died, in heaven.

Since He was raised to eternal life, it must be that He will return in much the same 'new' body that He ascended with.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: miri2019
I think the notion that people have much trouble with, is "He'll be coming from the sky, riding on a cloud".

Now how about this - he comes on earth, lives life as a normal human up to a certain age and then when the time comes (Lord knows when), he'll be lifted up in the sky and finish his job?

So your version still ends up with "coming from the sky and riding on a cloud", so I don't see how it's an improvement for those who have trouble with that idea.

Another point that doesn't seem to get stressed enough is that the messenger *needs* to live life as a common man, to *learn* what it means to be a human, to learn their problems, their sufferings, getting sick, feeling loneliness, learning about human ego, greed, etc, but enjoying human happiness too, enthusiasm, working with human earthly friends and so on.

He's done all that already, the first time round. No doubt he still remembers it all. The body in which he experienced these things was raised from the dead, and it is presumably in THAT body that he appears "in the clouds".

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
I don't think anyone in this thread believes that trying to set dates for the second coming is a good idea. I have criticised the practice many times on this site, including one thread dedicated to making that point.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: miri2019
That's assuming that the so called "New Testament" is really the word of the one true God.

This thread being an exercise in Biblical theology, that assumption is one of the preconditions. Just as the axioms of Euclid are taken for granted as preconditions of Euclidean geometry.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: JON666
You have correctkly guessed my meaning. I thought you would.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut
Quite so. The believers in reincarnation are failing to grasp the concept of Resurrection.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join