It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 181
<< 178  179  180    182  183  184 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z

With enough money, it is easy enough to find the breaking point of any "researcher's" ethics barrier to write what you want them to write. IMHO.

Or threats to their life. Remember the rash of dead scientists a while back? Hmmm...

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Unverified, Cambodian Prime Minister admitted to hospital with virus

Twitter

I’d usually be happy that it’s finally claiming a politician but dang Cambodia is a great peacefully country. Hope he tests negative.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   

In a grim assessment, a key Chinese respiratory disease expert described the situation of the epidemic as a “see-saw battle”, despite the drop in daily recorded cases in recent days.

Link

link   
reply to: SpartanStoic

800 employees of SK Hynix Inc. in South Korea quarantined after one found to have symptoms of #wuhanpneumonia
a

This one is going to be painful. There goes a big chunk of the computer memory chip supply.

link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic

Twitter

I’d usually be happy that it’s finally claiming a politician but dang Cambodia is a great peacefully country. Hope he tests negative.

Would this be the same gentleman that greeted everyone off the cruise ship with a hand shake and no one wore PPE?

The same ship the man skipped quarantine for and came back home to oregon?
edit on 20-2-2020 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

This is what a bunch of people at work think, i asked around more. It’s funny though because they’re almost 50/50 and they all agree on the original material mostly from a bat. They’re 50/50 on whether the SARS like Bat coronavirus combined with a human or similar strain in some creature or if it was modified for a SARS vaccine or research study and they had an oops moment somewhere.

It’s rate of mutation indicates animal crossover, I just find it funny that some of these researchers were leaning toward laboratory acquired infection.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: SpartanStoic

Twitter

Would this be the same gentleman that greeted everyone off the cruise ship with a hand shake and no one wore PPE?

The same ship the man skipped quarantine for and came back home to oregon?

There's a picture with him with foreigners that work at Embassies. So now lets see what REALLY happens.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

I think it looks bogus from reading some of that thread but the idiot did greet them so maybe it is the matrix having a glitch and giving us a glimpse into the future.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

I can’t find much news reports on Iran, yes South Korea, seems to be the next hot spot, how it got into Iran, I dunno, but that could be really bad news.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Maybe he just wants to get it over with, if this thing goes as crazy as it could, might as well. I would, I have 3 kids who will go to school and touch and breath and cough all over then come home and touch my face while coughing into it. I already know I’m getting it at some point, only wearing PPE if ordered, it only lowers chances and postpones the inevitable anyways.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc
a reply to: Advantage

A healthy person will not get reinfected or however they’re putting it, the whole point of producing antibodies is to create an adaptive response that the body will remember through memory T and B cells.

If a person has underlying chronic disease and this thing goes latent or systemic then it could overwhelm the host but they’re going to be fighting multiple pathogens in addition to this thing. Immunocompromised patients are unable to overcome the drop in white blood cells and neutrophils that occurs with viral infections so they may appear to improve then go down. They are also more prone to the pneumonia type infections and going into septic shock as it goes systemic.

From what I’m hearing from people studying this and who work with similar pathogens, if you’re healthy it’s going to be an annoying nasty cold at the most and this thing is here to stay. They’re not worried at all, their concern is poor nations and immunocompromised or immunosuppressed patients. That’s the target population of the upcoming vaccine, plus the very young and very old because they are more vulnerable. Kids may also be the primary spreaders of a disease like this with very mild symptoms.

So you are saying China took the unprecedented action of quarantining and/or transport banning 400 million people, as well as causing untold damage to their own economy for something that is "an annoying nasty cold at most"?

Sounds ridiculous.

Especially when this is what the US is saying could be the consequences if the virus spreads.

The CDC, along with state and local health departments, has limited resources and the public health system could be overwhelmed if sustained human-to-human transmission of the virus occurred in the United States.  Sustained human-to-human transmission has the potential to have cascading public health, economic, national security, and societal consequences.

Site will not link this, strange, just add https: and //
www.

whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/proclamation-suspension-entry-immigrants-nonimmigrants-persons-pose-risk-transmitting-2019-novel-coronavirus/

edit on 20-2-2020 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2020 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

Is Iran one of the last countries without a central bank still or is that a CT wife’s tail? Just a possible thread to pull on.

China hit hard, we know NK is probably going to keep things quiet if they do get hit... Iran’s situation is now escalating. Russia also has cases and could be good at keeping is quiet(er)

US had cases and so does EU but I find it interesting at least that both China and Iran are getting hit hard (Iran is just becoming public but it is on an early tear there all things being equal..)

Someone else mentioned N Korea and Iran possibly sharing nuclear weapons research?

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Bad news keeps flowing today.

#BREAKING - Most of the Americans who were being monitored at the University of Nebraska Medical Center for #coronavirus after evacuating a cruise ship in Japan have tested positive for the virus, the hospital says

WVSN 7 News

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: primalfractal

Link is 404d

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: tgidkp
hey everyone. i am not trying to be a dick. really, i am not.

i am not that guy that comes in and trashes the whole thread.

i apologise. i will see myself out.
NO! Please don't go. We need input from as many people as possible. It is irrelevant if everyone agrees or not. This is a discussion and we can all agree to disagree.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   

What’s even crazier is they are reporting recovered cases, might still spread the infection, I mean come on is this a movie?

We should not be relaxed. The figure may go up again,” said Zhao Jianping, head of an expert team working to contain the outbreak in Hubei. Zhao told the magazine Southern People Weekly there were cases in China in which recovered patients continued to show traces of the virus through nucleic acid tests. There were similar results in Canada, where nose and throat swabs taken from a couple who had recovered from Covid-19 revealed they still had traces of the virus.

You gotta scroll down to the article.

LINK

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Hmmmmmm... odd.

Teacher in Columbus, KS died of a "flu related pneumonia" & this caused the school to decontaminate the entire school & shut down before reopening. Never seen a school shutdown and decontaminate for a flu, not sure if its to do with the #coronavirus as death isn't 100% clear.

Twitter

Is Kansas keeping a lid with a gag order?

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I agree with the overwhelming of the public health system here, especially with hospitals at 60% capacity already, 20 million immunosuppressed and tens of millions of chronic issues. Average Americans will be like a seasonal illness, hopefully not all at once if it starts doubling.

The major issue in China is significantly worse public health programs and general health of the population with much higher population density. We will see different numbers with everything here, it’s a completely different environment. Another goal in China was to buy time for the rest of us so we could develop countermeasures plus they did seem to slow the spread down significantly.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I've said it earlier in one of the previous threads as well but I think it's worth repeating... I don't think whether or not the virus is 96% or even 99% identical to the virus carried by bats has any bearing on the argument of whether it's natural or bio-engineered... because at the end of the day the scientists (hypothetically) tasked with creating such a virus would more-than-likely start with a naturally occurring virus (such as the corona virus carried by bats) as a base-point, and then modify accordingly to make it transmissible to/from humans and add in any other nasty traits they can muster up.

The only thing that's important is that very small percentage of the strain that wasn't naturally apart of the original virus... now that doesn't prove it's man-made as it is obviously possible for it to have mutated naturally as well... but if you start to compile any other bits of potential evidence or significant "coincidences" relating to the virus's characteristics, patient-zero, nearby bio-labs, criminal misconduct, etc, then one can begin to weigh up the likelihood of whether all came about naturally versus unnaturally (be it accidental or deliberate). Though it may never be proven 100% either way, there's certainly enough question marks to make it a valid debate.
edit on 20/2/20 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 178  179  180    182  183  184 >>

join