It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 180
<< 177  178  179    181  182  183 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

wow! that is incredible!!

your husband's conclusion if the EXACT OPPOSITE of what the paper actually says!

what, exactly, are your husband's credentials? because the paper actually says the opposite of what he has concluded.

... just, wow.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Oh, good grief.

It's talking about time scale. That is very important.

Your scenario is:

1. Get sick.

2. Beat it in a couple weeks.

3. Get sick again with the same thing a couple days later.

4. Die.

My scenario is:

1. Get sick.

2. Months pass to a year or more.

3. You recover fully during that time.

4. It comes around again.

5. Get sick.

6. Months pass to a year or more.

7. Get sick.

Etc., Etc.

My scenario is the normal cycle of seasonal illness most of us go through. We won't see the same bug again for at least a year or more because most of us with normal, functional immune systems will carry residual antibodies.

Pathogens can only mutate so fast. In fact, there was paper evidence posted by someone just yesterday or two days ago (I forget) that noted the virus had yet to undergo any major mutations as of yet and we're a couple months + out from the beginning. It's functionally still the same thing right now. But in another 6 to 12 months ... who knows?

People who carry residual antibodies from this go around may have some resistance to it though because it will still be somewhat close to what it was. And those who had it will have less of a hyper aggressive immune response because a good chunk of the virus will be similar to what it was. It will still be on the same family tree it came from, and that part your body will recognize even if it has to synthesize antibodies from scratch. This is why the cold ... is just a cold.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I think the loss in faith of our institutions, is one of the biggest stories that will be a result with the corona virus, that may be a story derived in itself.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: tgidkp

wow! that is incredible!!

your husband's conclusion if the EXACT OPPOSITE of what the paper actually says!

what, exactly, are your husband's credentials? because the paper actually says the opposite of what he has concluded.

... just, wow.

20+ years working as a microbiologist in vaccines.

You're right though. He knows dick. I certainly won't listen to him over you, random internet stranger. I see nothing in the paper either that leads me to conclude what you are, btw, with my layman's eye.

Certainly that sort of thing would be the very first thing they would bring up if that was their conclusion rather than noting what they could discover about where it did come from. Don't you think?

Oh ... it comes mostly from bat. It's related to this tree of coronviruses. They reject emergence as a result of recent recombination, and don't know where the unique genetic features of the virus are from. That's about all we already knew.

No one knows where exactly it came from, but that includes every hypothesis about it. They in no way concluded it was engineered.
edit on 20-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Herpes viruses are weirdos, your monos, chicken pox, simplex, cmvs. They linger and like to travel along nerves. They can become active when our immune system is weakened.

We get infected, reinfected with coronavirus every year, usually we’re immune or partially immune, if not we get a cold. We should be able to eliminate it from our systems but there have been reports of coronavirus going latent to evade the immune system or when it crosses the blood brain barrier.

SARS was found everywhere in the body in systemic patients that died. Respiratory viruses usually don’t go latent because of the tissue it infects and how it must fight innate and adaptive immune responses.

HIV is another oddball that only really targets cells with a specific receptor called CD4. Its found in many immune cells and is only really contagious when it infects certain cells like dendritic cells that are closer to the external environment. It goes latent when it shifts to T helper cells which are critical for identifying pathogens. You’re only at risk of infection with deep tissue injury of contaminated objects.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc

Herpes viruses are weirdos, your monos, chicken pox, simplex, cmvs. They linger and like to travel along nerves. They can become active when our immune system is weakened.

We get infected, reinfected with coronavirus every year, usually we’re immune or partially immune, if not we get a cold. We should be able to eliminate it from our systems but there have been reports of coronavirus going latent to evade the immune system or when it crosses the blood brain barrier.

SARS was found everywhere in the body in systemic patients that died. Respiratory viruses usually don’t go latent because of the tissue it infects and how it must fight innate and adaptive immune responses.

HIV is another oddball that only really targets cells with a specific receptor called CD4. Its found in many immune cells and is only really contagious when it infects certain cells like dendritic cells that are closer to the external environment. It goes latent when it shifts to T helper cells which are critical for identifying pathogens. You’re only at risk of infection with deep tissue injury of contaminated objects.

Thank you for taking the time to explain. Viruses are WEIRD

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   

there is a difference between being "down to earth" and spreading incorrect information.

what is the point of using misinformation to calm people down? isnt that what china et. al. are doing?

it is not a noble thing. she should speak only on things that she knows..... period.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

edit on 20-2-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

People who carry residual antibodies from this go around may have some resistance to it though because it will still be somewhat close to what it was. And those who had it will have less of a hyper aggressive immune response because a good chunk of the virus will be similar to what it was.

well. you keep digging yourself deeper.

the ability of the virus to REinfect a host is not dependent on mutation. the virus' ability to reinfect is part of it's genetic programming. try to keep up..... and try to not speak so definitively on stuff you JUST DONT understand.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: tgidkp

I suggest you debate her vs attack her. You maybe right but providing fact and asking her to disprove them with facts are better than sorta calling her out, chances are she would debate and it’s better to see you prove a point vs just saying she does not know what’s she’s talking about, I don’t have a horse in this race thou, as far as I can tell, we don’t know much about this virus, I thank you thou for contributions of information, trying to keep us informed that is what is most important.. Thank you again.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Your scenario is:

1. Get sick.

2. Beat it in a couple weeks.

3. Get sick again with the same thing a couple days later.

4. Die.

yes, this timeline correctly describes the ability of the coronavirus to reinfect.

My scenario is:....

....wrong.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   

This thread is for Corona Virus Updates...not chit chat, bigoted comments, ill-mannered remarks or arguing....

Members who continue to disrupt will face temporary posting bans. ATS will not allow the few to ruin it for everyone.

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum
Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer

Terms And Conditions Of Use

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

antigenetic drift

I am sorry if I explained it poorly. This virus should likely operate the same.

Antigenic drift is a kind of genetic variation in viruses, arising by the accumulation of mutations in the virus genes that code for virus-surface proteins that host antibodies recognize. This results in a new strain of virus particles that is not effectively inhibited by the antibodies that prevented infection by previous strains. This makes it easier for the changed virus to spread throughout a partially immune population. Antigenic drift occurs in both influenza A and influenza B viruses.

(Confusion can arise with two very similar terms, antigenic shift and genetic drift. Antigenic shift is a closely related process; it refers to more dramatic changes in the virus's surface proteins. Genetic drift is very different and much more broadly applicable; it refers to the gradual accumulation in any DNA sequence of random mutational changes that do not interfere with the DNA's function and thus that are not seen by natural selection.)

The immune system recognizes viruses when antigens on the surfaces of virus particles bind to immune receptors that are specific for these antigens. These receptors can be antibodies in the bloodstream or similar proteins on the surfaces of immune-system cells. This recognition is quite precise, like a lock recognizing a key. After an infection or after vaccination, the body produces many more of these virus-specific immune receptors, which prevent re-infection by this particular strain of the virus; this is called acquired immunity. However, viral genomes are constantly mutating, producing new forms of these antigens. If one of these new forms of an antigen is sufficiently different from the old antigen, it will no longer bind to the antibodies or immune-cell receptors, allowing the mutant virus to infect people who were immune to the original strain of the virus because of prior infection or vaccination.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

that is a very interesting backtracking of your original statement.

so, now you are concluding the same thing they do in the paper. great. awesome....

.... because before you made it sound like the paper had concluded, with certainty, that it came from bats.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

You realise you are also a random internet stranger. So stating your husband has 20+ years experience holds no weight.

I say this with 30 years experience as a doctor. 10 years experience as a pilot. I was nearly the president once. My brother showed Neil Armstrong how to space walk.

You can trust me.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   

And score one for Ketsuko.

Thanks for informative posts. I still disagree that it’s naturally occurring but I learn more from your posts than anyone else's.

Thank you mod also.

Wife will give me some more news soon about a super bad police guy sent to Wuhan yesterday. She’s digging up confirmation now.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
hey everyone. i am not trying to be a dick. really, i am not.

i am not that guy that comes in and trashes the whole thread.

i apologise. i will see myself out.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
[snipped]

I said it concluded that 96% of the strain came from the regular bat corona viruses. The leftover 4% they don't know.

But just because they don't know does not mean it's engineered either. They did not conclude that.

We share 60% of our genome with fruit flies and 99% with chimps ... those tiny differences make a big impact.

All it takes for a virus to become a major problem is spare mutation or two. That doesn't have to be a big difference in genome.

edit on 20-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Feb 20 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Well, I doubt you will derail, our thread... I am all about balance in a thread, but name calling contributors and not challenging opinions with intellectual interesting information that perhaps may contradict their information, is not the way to go on a forum.. anyhow hope to see ya tomorrow. 👍 thanks for sharing your information.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Ok so can we get back on track and talk about the new news? Iran is definitely having a MAJOR issue..... 9 dead according to a ton of twitter posts and possibly 20. Someone traveled from B.C. to Iran and comes back infected? That's a whole new thing unless she caught it on the plane going to Iran. The 2 people who died first in Iran never went anywhere and hadn't had any known contact from anyone in China. This suggests the numbers of infected are a lot higher than reported since the mortality rate is 2% - 4%.

Then there's S. Korea....... which seems to be a new hot spot too.

Anyone looking into this?

top topics

<< 177  178  179    181  182  183 >>

join