It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 179
<< 176  177  178    180  181  182 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

In that video Chris Martenson cites this paper (link below)

a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc
AMEDDDoc have you seen this paper or are you familiar with Antibody-Dependent Enhancement of viruses? Any insights or thoughts on this?

molecular mechanism for antibody-dependent enhancement of coronavirus entry
edit on 20-2-2020 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2020 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   

That’s right and there were reports of people who got reinfected experienced heart failure, but I have heard no other reports on this since it was reported the first time, just crickets and honestly this is the stuff that bothers me. We have a dangerous virus out there with no PSA’s being reported to explain the symptoms how it is so deadly etc. no real timelines etc. like when we get cancer using an example and being a little callous , we can find info on what will happen to us how it will hurt us etc. with corona virus we have 100 different stories on what it will do to us... it’s a bit maddening and another reason, I have been the past few days just ignoring it, but I can’t ignore it’s spreading, and at this point we dunno nothing about it. So when and if I get sick, I get to deal with doctors not knowing what is going on?

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc
a reply to: Advantage

A healthy person will not get reinfected or however they’re putting it, the whole point of producing antibodies is to create an adaptive response that the body will remember through memory T and B cells.

If a person has underlying chronic disease and this thing goes latent or systemic then it could overwhelm the host but they’re going to be fighting multiple pathogens in addition to this thing. Immunocompromised patients are unable to overcome the drop in white blood cells and neutrophils that occurs with viral infections so they may appear to improve then go down. They are also more prone to the pneumonia type infections and going into septic shock as it goes systemic.

From what I’m hearing from people studying this and who work with similar pathogens, if you’re healthy it’s going to be an annoying nasty cold at the most and this thing is here to stay. They’re not worried at all, their concern is poor nations and immunocompromised or immunosuppressed patients. That’s the target population of the upcoming vaccine, plus the very young and very old because they are more vulnerable. Kids may also be the primary spreaders of a disease like this with very mild symptoms.

Severe viral infections can also cause neurological problems post infection similar to what we see with vaccines but those should resolve with time. Rare cases can cross to the brain or other organs in systemic patients, very unlikely in a healthy or average person.

AHh see I thought that was the case as well. But this Dr Pankhania from Exeter was talking about exposure to the heavier viral loads.. like in the feces.. and reinfection. It was due to the proteins in the immune process didnt work.. and we are are talking like next wave.. not within a week and a coinfection or secondary. Pretty obvious it wouldnt happen in a month.. this is a longer event than a month or a year. We really have went over this already... including the neurological symptoms and multiple organ failures... and cardiac damage. etc.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: misfit312

Big Trouble in little China.

@DrEricDing

I missed this somehow - an even bigger prison outbreak of 207 cases including prison guards up in Shandong province (far from Hubei). That’s two prison epidemics suddenly!

more details

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   
this (brand new) research very gently hints that COVID-19 is not naturally occurring (is created in a laboratory).

Full-genome evolutionary analysis of the novel corona virus (2019-nCoV) rejects the hypothesis of emergence as a result of a recent recombination event

Our study rejects the hypothesis of emergence as a result of a recent recombination event. Notably, the new coronavirus provides a new lineage for almost half of its genome, with no close genetic relationships to other viruses within the subgenus of sarbecovirus. This genomic part comprises half of the spike region encoding a multifunctional protein responsible also for virus entry into host cells (Babcock et al., 2004; Li et al., 2005b). The unique genetic features of 2019-nCoV and their potential association with virus characteristics and virulence in humans remain to be elucidated.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

That study is really interesting, one of our researchers was talking about it awhile ago because they were trying to figure out what causes the hypersensitivity type reaction with the second exposure. I remember he said they ruled out T helper cells being the problem. Then they figured out that some of these people were producing antibodies that attacked infected tissue and platelets that caused numerous secondary problems in the patients if untreated. There was also something about inflammatory signaling and ratios of different types of antibodies in the second infection that compounded the problem.

They haven’t worked on dengue in awhile at my place, before my time. Lately they’re more focused on Zika, EEE, Chikungunya and West Nile.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human

Secondary infection may not be the case at all
hasn't been well explained
but i'm assuming(non-expert opinion) it's the virus either circulating from bone marrow or the brain ( heard this crosses the blood brain barrier some time ago)
A secondary case could also be a legitimate re-infection,but to a host with gained immunity
Happens.
The big worry is if we all get it at once,people get turned away
But most will come down with a bad cold,flu like symptoms
I think i read 17% will require hospitalization,which is not good considering the above

Over 80%, some statistics show much more depending on age
a bad cold..
I'm not moving to the mountains,eating squirrel and tree bark over this
just to come down 2 years later with the sniffles.

Its common to be reinfected by coronaviruses. I mean, just beause it mutates doesnt mean its now suddenly a new virus. Its the same damned virus that we now dont have any immunity response programmed for. Like the flu.. coronavirus.. common to get the flu more than once. It mutates into a new strain and they try to guess which strains to include in the vaccine.. it doesnt become a new coronavirus. It just reinfects. Im starting to wonder here... I mean its normal for immunity to behave this way and for coronaviruses to reinfect. Its nothing new.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: tgidkp

Link takes you to a login, not the article.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Once the virus, infects, does it stay in the body, like herpes, or chicken pox etc? I have had chx pox’s I know that virus is still in my body and I can’t get it again, what makes a flu or this virus differant from like hiv or those other ones I mentioned?

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Yes, we'll be living with it from now on, but so what? We live with Spanish Flu too. Over time, it adapts and mutates to live with its host organism. We're now its host organism. It does it no good if it cannot replicate and spread because it kills us.

Yes, there is always the chance it gets worse, but if it gets hyper-lethal, it cannot spread effectively sort of like Ebola. It's more like to settle in to a seasonal pattern like more other strains of corona virus and rhinovirus and influenza we deal with annually.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   

That looks interesting, too late to read now but I will read it tomorrow. I do know some of our labs use this with mosquito borne viral infections in animal models.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
And another company tries to open annnnnndddddd....

3 employees of Chongqing Taiye Co. infected with #COVID19 after reopen, over 100 employees qurantined. Production stopped altogether.

Twitter Jennifer Zeng

And Jiangsu Province...

In Nantong City, Jiangsu Province, a family forcibly taken away by people in protective suits

Twitter Epoch Times

And South Korea not to be outdone...

800 employees of SK Hynix Inc. in South Korea quarantined after one found to have symptoms of #wuhanpneumonia #COVID2019 #Coronavirus #CoronavirusOutbreak

Twitter Jennifer Zeng

(post by Advantage removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

so, this paper gives a third option to ketsuko's (inaccurate) analysis:...

it says that the viral REinfection occurs because after the initial infection, and after the body has successfully produced it's antibodies, the virus can come back in and attack the immune system directly by using the antibodies to mediate entry into the immunoglobulin cells.... thus disabling the body's immunity to the virus and allowing the viral infection to penetrate more deeply the second time around.

i had never heard of this, and it is an excellent explanation of why viral REinfection is more deadly than the initial infection.

[snipped]
edit on Thu Feb 20 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I guess I'm the only one thinking about Iran getting hit really hard right now? I looked up Tehran and it is a lot like Wuhan. Very similar population density and bad air pollution. Looks like it's probable that 20 people have died in Iran (9 reported). This may blow up in Iran pretty bad in the next couple of weeks.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   

We show evidence that the novel coronavirus (2019-nCov) is not-mosaic consisting in almost half of its genome of a distinct lineage within the betacoronavirus.

Husband is saying that the use of the term "not-mosaic" means it's not engineered. So what they're concluding is that they don't know where parts of it come from for sure, but that 96% comes from the bat strain, and that it's not showing signs of being engineered wherever the rest of it came from.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
I guess I'm the only one thinking about Iran getting hit really hard right now? I looked up Tehran and it is a lot like Wuhan. Very similar population density and bad air pollution. Looks like it's probable that 20 people have died in Iran (9 reported). This may blow up in Iran pretty bad in the next couple of weeks.

Interesting that wuflu live is not updating those numbers, very strange.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: tgidkp

so, this paper gives a third option to ketsuko's (inaccurate) analysis:...

it says that the viral REinfection occurs because after the initial infection, and after the body has successfully produced it's antibodies, the virus can come back in and attack the immune system directly by using the antibodies to mediate entry into the immunoglobulin cells.... thus disabling the body's immunity to the virus and allowing the viral infection to penetrate more deeply the second time around.

i had never heard of this, and it is an excellent explanation of why viral REinfection is more deadly than the initial infection.

(also a great example of why people (ketsuko) whom dont understand the science should not state so definitively on the technical aspects.)

Mm I think she is just trying to be down to earth, and calm, it’s an interesting study, I have no problem with kets, opinions and I hope she keeps contributing them. None of us are perfect, and boy this virus, teaches us we don’t know everything. 😋.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

We show evidence that the novel coronavirus (2019-nCov) is not-mosaic consisting in almost half of its genome of a distinct lineage within the betacoronavirus.

Husband is saying that the use of the term "not-mosaic" means it's not engineered. So what they're concluding is that they don't know where parts of it come from for sure, but that 96% comes from the bat strain, and that it's not showing signs of being engineered wherever the rest of it came from.

Did you read what weirdguy put up yesterday, if not it's an interesting read.
ats page 157

new topics

top topics

<< 176  177  178    180  181  182 >>

join